It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 49  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I had the Wolves as the worst of the 3 and missing the playoffs. I have them improving in Year 2.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:58 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
This is a thread to avoid. Very few expect the Wolves to make the playoffs in Year 1. LTG was one of those guys months ago. The thing he was for Thibs is unhealthy and mostly wrong.

MOst on here expected the WOlves to be better than the Bulls in Thibs first year. The Bulls are going to make the playoffs. People love predictions around here until they actually throw the ball in the air and then they backpeddle quicker than Ali and run faster than Jesse Owens.

Its easy to say stuff in July which is what a lot of people were doing. The mere presence of Thibs was paraded on here as a panacea as long as he wasn't coaching. Now he is coaching and everyone wants to play "Curb Your Enthusiam"

He was touted as a coaching guru so long as he wasn't coaching. The only person that had him pegged as just an average coach was Matches.

He may prove me wrong but I doubt it. He is an ok coach that had good talent yet routinely was outcoached during playoff series. If this team doesn't markedly improve i.e. 40 wins then it is a disappointment. I have watched all of their games and they don't appear to be a 40 win team.

I predicted the Bulls to be better than the Wolves, check the tape. And you say he had "good talent"? Not sure if serious...

You lie more than Trump

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:59 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Tibs is a "quick fix" guy? Are you high? Tibs is a good coach. You are a poor NBA observer.

Thibs was regarded as a quick fix guy that eventually wares on players. The early argument isn't so much based upon the record as it is based upon the teams that they are losing to. THey haven't lost to any of the heavy hitters.

ONce again the "early" argument wasn't afforded to Hoiberg. I would match what I know about the NBA versus what you know anytime. You were one of the Curry vs Irving guys as I remember. How'd that work out for you?

WAre did you get this INfo? How do you apply a "quick start" to five games? That's my question. And hey, I don't even like Curry. I just dislike Irving's game more. Sad thing is Irving is certainly more able to play defense than Curry.

You didn't state any of this prior to the finals. Prime example of Monday morning quarterbacking.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ONce again the "early" argument wasn't afforded to Hoiberg

maybe because they fired a coach that was 50-32 ?

You know what? CLeveland Fired a coach that took his team to the Finals. Grizzlies fired Hollins after winning 56 games Nuggets Fired Karl after winning 55 56 games and the Clippers fired Vinny after winning 56 games.

The Bulls underachieved during his last season given their talent. Anyone with half a brain could see that. Hoiberg lost twice as many games to injury as Thibs did his final season and he also had players openly working against him and he still was 42-40.

People on here were complaining about him when the team was 23-15. They were on pace to do at least what Thibs did and that was with Rose playing terribly. NO one cut him any slack when he was trotting out D-League caliber players. Now everyone is flowing with excuses.

They will play better but this isn't a playoff team.

what in the hell are you going on about ? you asked why Hoiberg wasn't afforded an "early" argument
I replied by stating the Bulls fired a coach who won 50 games, so if you fire a guy that wins 50 , the new person coming will be expected to increase that total....The Wolves are coming off a 29 win season with a group of very young players. Do you understand the difference in those situations ??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
This is a thread to avoid. Very few expect the Wolves to make the playoffs in Year 1. LTG was one of those guys months ago. The thing he was for Thibs is unhealthy and mostly wrong.

MOst on here expected the WOlves to be better than the Bulls in Thibs first year. The Bulls are going to make the playoffs. People love predictions around here until they actually throw the ball in the air and then they backpeddle quicker than Ali and run faster than Jesse Owens.

Its easy to say stuff in July which is what a lot of people were doing. The mere presence of Thibs was paraded on here as a panacea as long as he wasn't coaching. Now he is coaching and everyone wants to play "Curb Your Enthusiam"

He was touted as a coaching guru so long as he wasn't coaching. The only person that had him pegged as just an average coach was Matches.

He may prove me wrong but I doubt it. He is an ok coach that had good talent yet routinely was outcoached during playoff series. If this team doesn't markedly improve i.e. 40 wins then it is a disappointment. I have watched all of their games and they don't appear to be a 40 win team.

I predicted the Bulls to be better than the Wolves, check the tape. And you say he had "good talent"? Not sure if serious...

You lie more than Trump

did I not say Knicks would be the best of the three? Did you actually check this?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:18 pm 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Tibs is a "quick fix" guy? Are you high? Tibs is a good coach. You are a poor NBA observer.

Thibs was regarded as a quick fix guy that eventually wares on players. The early argument isn't so much based upon the record as it is based upon the teams that they are losing to. THey haven't lost to any of the heavy hitters.

ONce again the "early" argument wasn't afforded to Hoiberg. I would match what I know about the NBA versus what you know anytime. You were one of the Curry vs Irving guys as I remember. How'd that work out for you?

WAre did you get this INfo? How do you apply a "quick start" to five games? That's my question. And hey, I don't even like Curry. I just dislike Irving's game more. Sad thing is Irving is certainly more able to play defense than Curry.

You didn't state any of this prior to the finals. Prime example of Monday morning quarterbacking.

I called into B&B multiple times to tell them that Curry would wilt in the Finals. Keep trying.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:26 pm 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ONce again the "early" argument wasn't afforded to Hoiberg

maybe because they fired a coach that was 50-32 ?

You know what? CLeveland Fired a coach that took his team to the Finals. Grizzlies fired Hollins after winning 56 games Nuggets Fired Karl after winning 55 56 games and the Clippers fired Vinny after winning 56 games.

The Bulls underachieved during his last season given their talent. Anyone with half a brain could see that. Hoiberg lost twice as many games to injury as Thibs did his final season and he also had players openly working against him and he still was 42-40.

People on here were complaining about him when the team was 23-15. They were on pace to do at least what Thibs did and that was with Rose playing terribly. NO one cut him any slack when he was trotting out D-League caliber players. Now everyone is flowing with excuses.

They will play better but this isn't a playoff team.

what in the hell are you going on about ? you asked why Hoiberg wasn't afforded an "early" argument
I replied by stating the Bulls fired a coach who won 50 games, so if you fire a guy that wins 50 , the new person coming will be expected to increase that total....The Wolves are coming off a 29 win season with a group of very young players. Do you understand the difference in those situations ??

It is unrealistic to expect Hoiberg to increase that when he isn't coaching the same players. It is if he is coaching the same players. Don't really see how you can't understand that.

Before the injuries Hoiberg was on track to do at least what Thibs and he still was bashed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:28 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

You lie more than Trump

did I not say Knicks would be the best of the three? Did you actually check this?

You lied about the Bulls being better than the Wolves. Apparently you didn't check it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:37 pm 

Nas wrote:
This is a thread to avoid.

no kidding, you tried to warn me. Fuck this, i'm starting a new Wolves thread. Sorry JBills it's not your fault

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:36 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Nas wrote:
This is a thread to avoid.

no kidding, you tried to warn me. Fuck this, i'm starting a new Wolves thread. Sorry JBills it's not your fault

Yes it is. Not my fault the coach is overrated. Hottest thing smoking until he actually started coaching. Can't give Garpax or me credit for anything. This will be the year of The Houberg. You heard it here first and possibly last.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:52 pm 

T Wolves just lost to the Nets. The F'ing Nets without the man the myth the legend known as LinSanity. Now 1-5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:51 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
By the way, they came back and actually "manhandled" the Grizz by 36 the next time they saw them. :lol: :lol:

And He is still laughing apparently :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
C'mon Thibs. You're better than this...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19452522/derrick-rose-free-agent-target-minnesota-timberwolves

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

This would be really stupid. I hope this is Rose's people trying to create interest in him.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas wrote:
This would be really stupid. I hope this is Rose's people trying to create interest in him.

If they get him for a minimum show me contract, what's the harm? Not like they have a stud point guard he will steal minutes from.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:09 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Nas wrote:

If they get him for a minimum show me contract, what's the harm? Not like they have a stud point guard he will steal minutes from.

He seems to have morphed into a borderline cancer for locker rooms. I wouldn't want Lavar Ball lite anywhere near my team either.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:35 pm 

Bad idea jeans

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:26 am 

Phil Jackson trips me out with his pseudo intellectualism also. "I like who Derrick represents as himself". What the hell does that mean?

The problem with Rose is that he wants to be paid like a top tier starting guard but conducts himself like a rotation bench guy. That means every 3-4 games he is going to sit out for things like "General soreness". Wouldn't be surprised if he is on a minutes restriction thing for the rest of his career alas Shaun Livingston. Can't exceed x amount because of the knee etc.

I say this as a guy that likes Rose. His time has passed though. Would be good for S.A and terrible for the Wolves.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:32 am 
100000 CLUB

Chris Paul would be perfect for the Spurs if he didn't want $200M.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:07 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:07 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:08 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:09 am 

:salut:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:09 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:11 am 

Deja Vu all over again!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:15 am 

lol jimmy and rose back together again would be a complete joke. especially with thibs

why does this always happen? its like the nba is a giant bruh-hah sausage fest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:16 am 

my Keeping Score issued knockoff Timberwolves jersey just gained relevance!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:50 am 

I'll be watching the T-Wolves all season, assuming they keep Rubio...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Rubio blows, they are a PG away from 55 wins.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:01 am 

312player wrote:
Rubio blows, they are a PG away from 55 wins.

The last month or two of the season Rubio was playing better than I've ever seen. Showed good range too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 49  Next