It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 49  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:04 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
After 2 years, you thought he wouldn't keep up his pace, and he has done it for 2 more. You said he wouldn't be an All-Star and he made it the last 3 years. You said he couldn't help the Wolves and they are the 4th seed in an even more stacked West.

I'm still waiting for you to introduce a valid point in order to start a discussion. I'm bringing information and you're bringing 'no lol he sux'

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=101044&p=2629929&hilit=demarcus+cousins#p2629881

THE VERY NEXT POST IN THE THREAD

IMU wrote:
Antetokounmpo is becoming a top player in the league. Kawhi is a top 5 player. Yes, it isn't unreasonable that they could one-up Jimmy Butler.

On December 30, 2006 Luol Deng outplayed Lebron James...going a very efficient 15 of 19 and helping cause Lebron to turn the ball over 5 times in a Bulls win.

Luol Deng is not better than Lebron James. Over their entire head to head career, LeBron James easily gets the best of that battle.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... =antetgi01

As Jimmy Butler has gotten the best of Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Can I ask what level of students do you teach? Or by working for the CPS system do you mean the cafeteria?

Dude you sound stupid and what I do for living isn't relevant. I could care less about your job

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I didn't just link someone to a post claiming it proves my own point and yet it ended up proving the exact opposite. That was you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:07 pm 

IMU wrote:
I didn't just link someone to a post claiming it proves my own point and yet it ended up proving the exact opposite. That was you.

My post was about Demarcus Cousins. You'd known that if you'd simply bothered to look at the view topic link.

I'm fairly certain that an excuse will be forthcoming. How about Irving? I need to know how Butler is better than him. Those are his contemporaries.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

My post was about Demarcus Cousins. You'd known that if you'd simply bothered to look at the view topic link.

Jimmy Butler is a better NBA player than Demarcus Cousins. Last year, this year and next year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
LTG hates Butjer,Thibs, loves the 76ers .It's easy but he turns them into War and Peace threads :(

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:11 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Jimmy Butler is a better NBA player than Demarcus Cousins. Last year, this year and next year.

According to who You? That's what I mean by sounding like an idiot. What's the point of discussing it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:12 pm 

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/09/11/top-1 ... t-rankings

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... yers-2017/

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nb ... yers-11-30

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/18/1617 ... bron-james

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2737 ... n-tips-off

Do you think you know better than every single NBA writer and analyst in the country?

Last edited by IMU on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
LTG hates Butjer,Thibs, loves the 76ers .It's easy but he turns them into War and Peace threads :(

I've been right about all of them. You're the same guy running around talking about Ben Simmons being a bust.

Our little bet is looking really good for me. Pray for an Embiid injury. It's your only chance. I also covered it even after the Butler trade because I'm after all a standup guy.

IMU wrote:
https://www.si.com/nba/2017/09/11/top-100-nba-players-2018-list-rankings

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... yers-2017/

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nb ... yers-11-30

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/18/1617 ... bron-james

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2737 ... n-tips-off

Do you think you know better than every single NBA writer and analyst in the country?

Yep. That's not every single writer either.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222

Yep! Debating him about them at this point is a waste of time. Whenever I see he's made the last post in this thread I assume he's taking a shot at Butler or Thibs. I'm almost always right.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 pm 

I think fans like LTG are the reason basketball could never become a #1 sport. Honestly. Sports talk for fans of football and basketball is more nuanced and that leads to interest and talking points. But LTG-type basketball fans are all "durr, durr, points"

LTG fantasy teams would win 2 categories every week. You can guess which two that would be.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:24 pm 

long time guy wrote:

I've been right about all of them. You're the same guy running around talking about Ben Simmons being a bust.Your the same guy saying OKC is the 2nd best team,and keep bringing up Melo is a HOF....he's been mailing it in for 3 years....your bets looking good for me and your losing...you are a dope

Our little bet is looking really good for me. Pray for an Embiid injury. It's your only chance. I also covered it even after the Butler trade because I'm after all a standup guy.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:38 pm 

Nas wrote:

Yep! Debating him about them at this point is a waste of time. Whenever I see he's made the last post in this thread I assume he's taking a shot at Butler or Thibs. I'm almost always right.

The points I've made about both are true. Thibs record since he has been the coach of the Wolves is a rather sterling 47-63.

Jimmy Butler won't be an All Star this year. He also isn't better than Cousins who will be. I actually have moved on because unlike some on here I don't dwell. I keep it pushing. If people aren't noticing I'm sort of right about this. He also isn't a top 10 player.

Each guy that I argued about being better are in fact better. Where have I exactly been wrong. Irving Giannis and Cousins were guys that I argued were better. They are.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:40 pm 

IMU wrote:
I think fans like LTG are the reason basketball could never become a #1 sport. Honestly. Sports talk for fans of football and basketball is more nuanced and that leads to interest and talking points. But LTG-type basketball fans are all "durr, durr, points"

LTG fantasy teams would win 2 categories every week. You can guess which two that would be.

Meanwhile IMU argues that the thing separating Lance and MCW from greatness or even a starting NBA position is a good coach. Somehow thoughts such as these tends to go by the boards.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

The points I've made about both are true. Thibs record since he has been the coach of the Wolves is a rather sterling 47-63.

Jimmy Butler won't be an All Star this year. He also isn't better than Cousins who will be. I actually have moved on because unlike some on here I don't dwell. I keep it pushing. If people aren't noticing I'm sort of right about this. He also isn't a top 10 player.

Each guy that I argued about being better are in fact better. Where have I exactly been wrong. Irving Giannis and Cousins were guys that I argued were better. They are.

No way you believe this is true. You've been trying to convince us that Butler is just a guy for about 4 years and that Thibs is a bottom 10 coach.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:46 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

You don't dwell on Image

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:46 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Meanwhile IMU argues that the thing separating Lance and MCW from greatness or even a starting NBA position is a good coach. Somehow thoughts such as these tends to go by the boards.

MCW needs a good coach to become a decent NBA player. Lance is already a good bench player. Lance Stephenson will never be great and I never once said he would be. You might be the worst liar on the board.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:47 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

No way you believe this is true. You've been trying to convince us that Butler is just a guy for about 4 years and that Thibs is a bottom 10 coach.

If he doesn't make the All Star team this year then he is sort of a guy. I actually had him as a top 15-20 player at his peak. Others had him top 5 or the rather generous top 10. Which is more correct?

You had Thibs top 2. You still want to belabor that point or are you ready to concede Alas Bobo Brazil at the Amphitheatre?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:49 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

You don't dwell on Image

From the guy that continuously lets the world know (As if they care) that he "still hasn't watched 1 minute of Bulls basketball all season". Now aint that just Frank Rich

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

If he doesn't make the All Star team this year then he is sort of a guy. I actually had him as a top 15-20 player at his peak. Others had him top 5 or the rather generous top 10. Which is more correct?

You had Thibs top 2. You still want to belabor that point or are you ready to concede Alas Bobo Brazil at the Amphitheatre?

He has a rebuilding team on the rise in his 2nd year. The core is still learning how to win. I'm satisfied with the direction and this is consistent with my prediction at the beginning of last season. You're free to think he's a bottom 10 guy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:56 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

MCW needs a good coach to become a decent NBA player. Lance is already a good bench player. Lance Stephenson will never be great and I never once said he would be. You might be the worst liar on the board.

Nah I seem to remember you posting under that other name and touting his greatness. I'm fairly certain of it. You really loved you some Lance when he was a free agent. You also said he'd be a better pickup than surprise Melo. Your idiotic thoughts tended to pile up and thus I stopped keeping track.

You're going to continuously make the case the Butler is better than Cousins even in spite of mounting evidence. It is sort of what you do. When wrong you will never admit it and as far as liars go you're in a class of your own.

Case in point Tyrus and Portis. You first made the point that they were the same player. When it became obvious that they weren't you stated that they'd have the same career. Nothing about Portis and Tyrus actually suggests that yet 3 years later you forge on. Take the L and keep it pushing. You've lied about the original point for 3 years in order to be correct. that is a liar for you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:00 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

He has a rebuilding team on the rise in his 2nd year. The core is still learning how to win. I'm satisfied with the direction and this is consistent with my prediction at the beginning of last season. You're free to think he's a bottom 10 guy.

I think we are going reach year 5 of this debacle and you will still be claiming that it is a rebuild. He acquired 3 vets for the purpose of winning now. His young guys are in years 3 and 4 and they haven't experienced any injuries. At some point they are what they are. This isn't a team on the rise. This is a team content to make the playoffs after years of futility. They also have a coach miscast as an exec. who lacks the necessary vision to ever win anything of consequence. I've pushed on from this too. Until there is anything to argue about what's the point? I've tended to stay away from the Thibs Butler bashing this year. We will see where they are at the end of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:20 pm 

long time guy wrote:
You're going to continuously make the case the Butler is better than Cousins even in spite of mounting evidence. It is sort of what you do. When wrong you will never admit it and as far as liars go you're in a class of your own.

I just linked you to all of the major publications' rankings of the Top NBA Players. Butler was ahead of Cousins on each one. It isn't my 'case.' It is fact.

NYK and OKC display why you don't want Carmelo on your team. I don't need to make a case there either.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:05 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I just linked you to all of the major publications' rankings of the Top NBA Players. Butler was ahead of Cousins on each one. It isn't my 'case.' It is fact.

NYK and OKC display why you don't want Carmelo on your team. I don't need to make a case there either.

Again another stupid comment. Carmelo Anthony's record as the best player on a team is better than Jimmy Butler's. That includes New York. I expect his record with OKC to be better than Butler's with Minnesota. .

Again he is a no doubt Hall Of Famer and you're arguing that a guy who needs the rather hypothetical "if this" then "that" might possibly be a Hall of Famer. You honestly don't see how foolish you sound making this particular point? If I were to do research I can pretty much guarantee that Anthony's record is better than Butler's regardless of who the Alpha Dog happened to be. That's even while playing in a much tougher conf.

You're arguing that a guy with a .500 record as the best player is more of a winner than a guy that took his team to the playoffs the first 9 years of his career. Again you sound foolish.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:10 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Here is but one link. took all of about 5 seconds. Cousins ranked higher.

https://www.si.com/nba/photo/2016/09/16 ... ayers-2017.

There will be plenty of others.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That's a God awful list. Chris Paul isn't a top 5 player and Kawhi is no worse than top 3 but they don't even have him as a top 5 guy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:21 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Again he is a no doubt Hall Of Famer and you're arguing that a guy who needs the rather hypothetical "if this" then "that" might possibly be a Hall of Famer. You honestly don't see how foolish you sound making this particular point?

You think it is foolish that I want to say that a player that has only played 5 full seasons in the NBA needs more time to become a Hall of Famer? How many Hall of Famers are there that only had 5 full seasons in the NBA?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:22 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That's a God awful list. Chris Paul isn't a top 5 player and Kawhi is no worse than top 3 but they don't even have him as a top 5 guy.

Is Jimmy Butler currently a better player than Cousins?

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 49  Next