It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 49  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I was hoping they would be able to land Millsap.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
this is the same nba with jj redick making 23 mil in a year right?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
FavreFan wrote:
I was hoping they would be able to land Millsap.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Nas wrote:
Taj getting $14M a year is insane. He's on the back 9 of his career and is best suited as a 7th man. It's probably a good idea to avoid former players for this reason. They could have gotten a couple of really good shooters for that price and they still have Dieng and Muhammad.

A big overpay. SAC was the only other team linked to him. Good role player but 14Mx2 is way to much dough.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:36 pm 

Thibs isn't comfortable playing young guys so he went out and overpaid for a few vets. Remember when people believed he should be the player personnel guy? Early returns not so good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Thibs isn't comfortable playing young guys so he went out and overpaid for a few vets. Remember when people believed he should be the player personnel guy? Early returns not so good.

Turning the Wolves into a 2nd round playoff team?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
long time guy wrote:

He wanted Draymond, he's a hell of a lot better than Paxson.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:

What early returns? He didn't really change the team at all last year and they haven't even played a game with his new changes yet.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Damn, 3 of you took the bait on that debate me troll post. Admittedly, I almost did too. Where is LTgay when you need him?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:47 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What early returns? He didn't really change the team at all last year and they haven't even played a game with his new changes yet.

Teague bombed in Indiana last season and he hand him 19 mil a year. Gibson is overpaid. Butler should help but Rubio was a better fit than Teague and Taj is essentially a bench player.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:50 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Damn, 3 of you took the bait on that debate me troll post. Admittedly, I almost did too. Where is LTgay when you need him?

Where is a ready made gif when you really need it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:50 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Teague bombed in Indiana last season and he hand him 19 mil a year. Gibson is overpaid. Butler should help but Rubio was a better fit than Teague and Taj is essentially a bench player.

You have no idea how Teague, Butler, and Gibson will fit with the rest of the team. That's why there are.no early returns yet. We'll see. Many people think Minnesota has had a very good offseason so far.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Where is a ready made gif when you really need it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Score cafe
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You have no idea how Teague, Butler, and Gibson will fit with the rest of the team. That's why there are.no early returns yet. We'll see. Many people think Minnesota has had a very good offseason so far.

You sound like Drinky talking about things he doesn't know about. Think about it. Its obvious the early returns aren't good. You don't need to see games to see the returns. Its obvious. At this point its fair to give Thibs a "F" for the 2017-2018 season. I hope he can turn it around in 2018-2019. Unlike Drinky. He can't turn things around. Cuz he's a dumbass.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:50 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

They have been active but if you are going to say that there are no early returns then you also have to acknowledge that it's too early to characterize this off season as "good". They will have an improved record. How much of their record will be improved is really the question.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

Personally I would have kept Rubio and wouldn't have gotten Taj. They really need shooting though and still don't have it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:42 pm 

Nas wrote:
Personally I would have kept Rubio and wouldn't have gotten Taj. They really need shooting though and still don't have it.

Yep. Taj is a waste of money. In addition to him is Teague. Poor defender and a shoot first point guard. Thibs likes shoot first guards which always led me to think that he'd never be long for Rubio. He isn't the kind of point that will get guys involved.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:51 pm 

I dont understand the Teague or the Taj move at all.

They would have been better off with Rubio. And they could have spend that money better than on someone like Taj.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:56 pm 

RFDC wrote:

They would have been better off with Rubio. And they could have spend that money better than on someone like Taj.

OKC wasn't going to resign him. Know the spin will be couldn't afford him but there wasn't a market for him. They are going to eat a year of his salary Dwayne Wade style. I expect him to be out of the rotation in year 2 at some point.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
RFDC wrote:

Yea I agree. I wanted Reddick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Bagels wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Yea I agree. I wanted Reddick

hen who runs the point ..come on

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
They need a shooter. CJ Miles, Dion Waiters, Nick Young, Kyle Korver, Gerald Green.

Korver or Miles

How about Jamal Crawford?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
They need a shooter. CJ Miles, Dion Waiters, Nick Young, Kyle Korver, Gerald Green.

Korver or Miles

That works too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Korver or Miles

Love the move, solid vet that embraces the 6th-7th man that can knock down shots off the bench.. He's making chump change compared to the bums who are getting paid.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:18 pm 

312player wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Korver or Miles

Love the move, solid vet that embraces the 6th-7th man that can knock down shots off the bench.. He's making chump change compared to the bums who are getting paid.

That's because he's a bum now. It's a low risk move but I don't see it improving them really.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:11 pm 

Thibs has mortgaged much of their future in an effort to get to 45 wins. None of the moves that he's made makes them a championship contender. They will be better but they aren't going to crack the top 6 during any of the next 2-3 years. They also won't have anymore top 10 picks from which to draw either.

George Hill signed for the same money that Teague signed for. Hill is a better player. Teague and Gibson were bad signings.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:
Thibs has mortgaged much of their future in an effort to get to 45 wins. None of the moves that he's made makes them a championship contender. They will be better but they aren't going to crack the top 6 during any of the next 2-3 years. They also won't have anymore top 10 picks from which to draw either.

George Hill signed for the same money that Teague signed for. Hill is a better player. Teague and Gibson were bad signings.

As a point guard, in a fast paced league, Teague is much better than George Hill. Teague replaced Hill in IND and had more success than Hill had in the same role. Teague finds open guys better than Hill ever has.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:48 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

As a point guard, in a fast paced league, Teague is much better than George Hill. Teague replaced Hill in IND and had more success than Hill had in the same role. Teague finds open guys better than Hill ever has.

Hill is a better defender scorer and had a better year. Thibs doesn't push the ball and calls all the plays. As one coach stated "He wants to manage every dribble". Another way of saying he overcoaches.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Wolves kept their core and this was the only year they could go shopping. I think they're a much improved team. The Rubio trade and Taj signing are questionable.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
In the last five years, Hill shoots 45.4%, scores 13.4 PPG and averages 4.1 APG.

Same stretch, Teague is at 44.6%, scores 15.6 PPG and averages 6.9 APG.

You've always been a PPG over a FG% guy. And even if you wanted to change course, the FG% is within a percentage point. And Teague simply finds more open guys.

3P%? Teague is at 36% vs 38% for Hill. No big disparity there.

They're worth the same money.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 49  Next