It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Jbi11s wrote:
Dunn is a great pick. I didn't expect him to there at 5... Willing defender, so you know Thibs is all about this guy being his PG over Rubio.

Rubio plays defense too. The Sixes are interested in Rubio but I doubt Thibs wants a rookie running the offense.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
I felt like tibbs shelf life ran out with his boss not the players. Has he been reaffirmed by the gm he still had that locker room.

Yeah I think the lack of effort throughout last season was the biggest indicator.

If Bulls players were as loyal to Thibs as has been portrayed, then they would have attempted to win in spite of GarPax. These are professional athletes. They get paid to win games. They laid down because they were the ones complaining about Thibs grinding coaching style. There is no doubt that initial complaints came from the players and ended with GarPax.

Where is your source for these 'no doubt' initial complaints?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:19 pm 

Nas wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Dunn is a great pick. I didn't expect him to there at 5... Willing defender, so you know Thibs is all about this guy being his PG over Rubio.

Rubio plays defense too. The Sixes are interested in Rubio but I doubt Thibs wants a rookie running the offense.

Apparently, the Wolves have been shopping him all week.

https://thesixersense.com/2016/06/23/trade-rumor-philadelphia-76ers-interested-ricky-rubio/

Edit: Didn't see 2nd half of your comment. Pretty much the whole team is 25 and under. Thibs may just have to say fuck it, and play the guy. He's a 4th year junior anyway. Same age as Derrick when he won MVP.

Last edited by Jbi11s on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:21 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
I felt like tibbs shelf life ran out with his boss not the players. Has he been reaffirmed by the gm he still had that locker room.

Yeah I think the lack of effort throughout last season was the biggest indicator.

If Bulls players were as loyal to Thibs as has been portrayed, then they would have attempted to win in spite of GarPax. These are professional athletes. They get paid to win games. They laid down because they were the ones complaining about Thibs grinding coaching style. There is no doubt that initial complaints came from the players and ended with GarPax.

How does this work for you.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... 1DfK8BFcxg

In the effusive praise of Thibs that is the norm, people have tended to overlook this stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

I have a dream that one day LTG will join a discussion without trying to fight a battle.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:26 pm 

Nas wrote:
I have a dream that one day LTG will join a discussion without trying to fight a battle.

I dream one day that once the battle is won that the subject doesn't become changed. How bout that?

It was no fight. Me and JBills are good. Please address the issue of Bulls players commenting about the rest issue as opposed to making it about perceived irrational behavior. This is after previously unreported info around these parts (to the best of my knowledge) doesn't seem like it was only GarPax does it?

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:27 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

In the effusive praise of Thibs that is the norm, people have tended to overlook this stuff.

That's not a complaint. Cmon man. Can we just have a convo without some childish prove each other wrong bullshit? Shit gets old.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Is it that hard to believe his coaching style grates on his players?

You can't coach professionals the way he does for very long.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:34 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

That's not a complaint. Cmon man. Can we just have a convo without some childish prove each other wrong bullshit? Shit gets old.

The guy went on the record and said Thibs doesn't understand the notion of rest. The stuff about 3 starters complaining was also reported.

What gets me is that every time a posters argument gets refuted it becomes about me. Never fails. You asked for proof I provided it.

It was direct criticism of Thibs by the guy known to be a leader. Now it's not a criticism because it is counter to what posters on here have been reporting for the past year. That should have been inferred anyway. Should not have had to provide proof.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:35 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:

Exactly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

Matches Malone wrote:

Success matters. If you are losing it can become an issue. Jerry Sloan had long term success with it because his teams were usually good. Obviously it's a different era but winning and getting your best player to buy in matters.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:41 pm 

Nas wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Success matters. If you are losing it can become an issue. Jerry Sloan had long term success with it because his teams were usually good. Obviously it's a different era but winning and getting your best player to buy in matters.

The rest issue was not one of my issues with Thibs, but it is important to note that the players were among the ones critical of that too. It wasn't just Garpax. This was reported 2 yrs before he was whacked.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:42 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:

I believe it. I know it. I accept it. I've complained about it before.

Keep in mind Derrick had knee tendinitis from over training at 19 years old. That just doesn't happen. Rose had a short shelf life as an elite player before Thibs got there.

Thibs should have been easier on Noah, no doubt. Does Joakim win DPOY with out Thibs pushing him tho? Thibs wants Noah in MN btw.

I just don't get the overwhelming disdain for Thibs. His coaching run guided the best Bulls teams in almost 20 years since MJ retired.

The intriguing aspect about the wolves to me is how young they are. You can grind on young players more than vets. Especially if KG stays.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:47 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

I believe it. I know it. I accept it. I've complained about it before.

Keep in mind Derrick had knee tendinitis from over training at 19 years old. That just doesn't happen. Rose had a short shelf life as an elite player before Thibs got there.

Thibs should have been easier on Noah, no doubt. Does Joakim win DPOY with out Thibs pushing him tho? Thibs wants Noah in MN btw.

I just don't get the overwhelming disdain for Thibs. His coaching run guided the best Bulls teams in almost 20 years since MJ retired.

The intriguing aspect about the wolves to me is how young they are. You can grind on young players more than vets. Especially if KG stays.

There is not a lot of disdain for him on this board. He is a rather beloved figure by most of the people that post here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:49 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

And I see it from the opposite spectrum.

I think there's way too much love for Thibs and his coaching ability. I think Noah and Butler are out there busing their asses regardless of who's coaching.

I also think that because we're in Chicago, Thibs is style is more popular because a lot of fans here want that "fire and pash-in" on full display. A lot of people still equate good coaching with screaming, yelling and getting in someone's face.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:52 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I think there's way too much love for Thibs and his coaching ability. I think Noah and Butler are out there busing their asses regardless of who's coaching.

I also think that because we're in Chicago, Thibs is style is more popular because a lot of fans here want that "fire and pash-in" on full display. A lot of people still equate good coaching with screaming, yelling and getting in someone's face.

Yeah, but I'm definitely not one of those guys. That meatball shit bothers me. I was more in awe of Thibs defensive strategy when he was here. Pair that with the offensive fire power in MN, and I'm honestly debating whether or not to trade allegiances for a few years.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:54 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Agree. Guillen. Ditka. Thibs. Popeye. Collins to some degree also. Guys that wear there emotions on their sleeves are overloved in Chicago.

To Paxson's credit is the fact that he made a concerted effort to draft guys that work hard anyway. Deng, Noah, Butler, Rose, Hinrich, Gibson, etc. are hard workers and wereso before they ever met Thibs, yet he is given all of the credit for bringing it out. It is not true.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

The rest issue was not one of my issues with Thibs, but it is important to note that the players were among the ones critical of that too. It wasn't just Garpax. This was reported 2 yrs before he was whacked.

Obviously there won't be an issue with management now. It's his show.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Matches Malone wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Noah got better and we saw how Butler developed. His attention to detail was important in their development as players.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:03 pm 

Nas wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Noah got better and we saw how Butler developed. His attention to detail was important in their development as players.

Noah turned the corner while Del Negro was still in charge. And Butler only got his opportunity when Deng got hurt.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Minnesota and Chicago still in serious talks on a Jimmy Butler deal centered on fifth pick Kris Dunn, league sources tell @TheVertical

From Woj.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Matches Malone wrote:
Nas wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Noah turned the corner while Del Negro was still in charge. And Butler only got his opportunity when Deng got hurt.

Not true. We were all in on including Noah in a deal for Bosh before Thibs arrived. A year later we wouldn't even consider it. Noah made major improvements with Thibs. Butler played when he was ready. Clearly you're questioning his coaching ability.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:21 pm 

Matches, I like your posting for the most part. Let's not have our disagreement on Thibs divide us.

Can we agree Thibs is an elite NBA head coach and leave it there? Revisit this in 2018?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:23 pm 

Nas wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Nas wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Not true. We were all in on including Noah in a deal for Bosh before Thibs arrived. A year later we wouldn't even consider it. Noah made major improvements with Thibs. Butler played when he was ready. Clearly you're questioning his coaching ability.

He gets all the credit in the world for his defensive schemes, there's no questioning that, but he severely lacked in the offensive department as well as minutes management.

Noah did turn the corner while Vinny was still coaching. Something clicked for him before Thibs was here. There's no denying that. Just as there's no denying Butler only got his shot when Deng got hurt. If Deng doesn't go down there's no telling when Butler gets on the floor.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

I think Thibs offensive schemes were good considering the talent he had. The minutes thing is overblown. Noah clearly took major leaps with Thibs and he credits Thibs for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:29 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Matches, I like your posting for the most part. Let's not have our disagreement on Thibs divide us.

Can we agree Thibs is an elite NBA head coach and leave it there? Revisit this in 2018?

I dig your style too man. You got the whole gif thing going on. (Macho Man Gifs are my gimmick though.)

I can't agree with Thibs being elite though. Elite coaches don't struggle in the first round of the playoffs in my opinion. We'll definitely revisit the Thibs topic as a board in the coming years.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:31 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
Nas wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Nas wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

He gets all the credit in the world for his defensive schemes, there's no questioning that, but he severely lacked in the offensive department as well as minutes management.

Noah did turn the corner while Vinny was still coaching. Something clicked for him before Thibs was here. There's no denying that. Just as there's no denying Butler only got his shot when Deng got hurt. If Deng doesn't go down there's no telling when Butler gets on the floor.

Butler demonstrated that he deserved to play the second Deng was injured, yet somehow Thibs gets credit for developing him. Paxson the guy that identified him as a player with the last pick, somehow deserves no credit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

Matches Malone wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I dig your style too man. You got the whole gif thing going on. (Macho Man Gifs are my gimmick though.)

I can't agree with Thibs being elite though. Elite coaches don't struggle in the first round of the playoffs in my opinion. We'll definitely revisit the Thibs topic as a board in the coming years.

Where would you rank Thibs? Context is important for the Bulls 1st round exits. Missing Rose and Noah in 2012 and then having Augustine as your best scorer in 2014.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:34 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I'll be ready...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:35 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Once again a rookie coach without benefit of a full season made an adjustment that Thibs would never have made.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next