It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 49  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
You're going to continuously make the case the Butler is better than Cousins even in spite of mounting evidence. It is sort of what you do. When wrong you will never admit it and as far as liars go you're in a class of your own.

I just linked you to all of the major publications' rankings of the Top NBA Players. Butler was ahead of Cousins on each one. It isn't my 'case.' It is fact.

NYK and OKC display why you don't want Carmelo on your team. I don't need to make a case there either.

Here is but one link. took all of about 5 seconds. Cousins ranked higher.

https://www.si.com/nba/photo/2016/09/16 ... ayers-2017.

There will be plenty of others.

Do you not see the date of that article?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
You're going to continuously make the case the Butler is better than Cousins even in spite of mounting evidence. It is sort of what you do. When wrong you will never admit it and as far as liars go you're in a class of your own.

I just linked you to all of the major publications' rankings of the Top NBA Players. Butler was ahead of Cousins on each one. It isn't my 'case.' It is fact.

NYK and OKC display why you don't want Carmelo on your team. I don't need to make a case there either.

That's a God awful list. Chris Paul isn't a top 5 player and Kawhi is no worse than top 3 but they don't even have him as a top 5 guy.

Is Jimmy Butler currently a better player than Cousins?
Does Butler make his team better?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:25 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Again he is a no doubt Hall Of Famer and you're arguing that a guy who needs the rather hypothetical "if this" then "that" might possibly be a Hall of Famer. You honestly don't see how foolish you sound making this particular point?

You think it is foolish that I want to say that a player that has only played 5 full seasons in the NBA needs more time to become a Hall of Famer? How many Hall of Famers are there that only had 5 full seasons in the NBA?

Jimmy Butler is in year 7. Anthony was a Hall of Famer by year 7.

If you want to discuss your fallacious "whose the biggest winner" have at it. Sure you don't. You repeated make the argument that he is a,loser. What has Butler ever won? Which teams has he taken to great heights? I will hangup and listen for my answer.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:27 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:28 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Again an obfuscation. What's the point. It was taken before the start of the season. My argument I believe was from last season. Again you like the snapshot approach. Shit Redick was better than Towns last night. Guess that makes him better. Don't work like that. Either guys are better or they aren't.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:28 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Again he is a no doubt Hall Of Famer and you're arguing that a guy who needs the rather hypothetical "if this" then "that" might possibly be a Hall of Famer. You honestly don't see how foolish you sound making this particular point?

You think it is foolish that I want to say that a player that has only played 5 full seasons in the NBA needs more time to become a Hall of Famer? How many Hall of Famers are there that only had 5 full seasons in the NBA?

Jimmy Butler is in year 7. Anthony was a Hall of Famer by year 7.

If you want to discuss your fallacious "whose the biggest winner" have at it. Sure you don't. You repeated make the argument that he is a,loser. What has Butler ever won? Which teams has he taken to great heights? I will hangup and listen for my answer.

I said 5 full seasons. Carmelo was not a Hall of Famer by year 7.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:29 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

We're breathing life into this dead ass thread.

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Again an obfuscation. What's the point. It was taken before the start of the season. My argument I believe was from last season. Again you like the snapshot approach. Shit Redick was better than Towns last night. Guess that makes him better. Don't work like that. Either guys are better or they aren't.

In 2010, you will find every ranking putting Joe Johnson ahead of Demarcus Cousins. How does that pertain to 2017?

Jimmy Butler has been ascending for a few years now and erupted last season. And has continued that this season, especially has he has gained comfort with his new team and teammates (look at his December numbers). He is likely to have his best season yet this year. Cousins cannot match what Butler provides a team.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:31 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

We're breathing life into this dead ass thread.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That's a God awful list. Chris Paul isn't a top 5 player and Kawhi is no worse than top 3 but they don't even have him as a top 5 guy.

Is Jimmy Butler currently a better player than Cousins?

You can focus on Butler with others.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:46 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

In 2010, you will find every ranking putting Joe Johnson ahead of Demarcus Cousins. How does that pertain to 2017?

Jimmy Butler has been ascending for a few years now and erupted last season. And has continued that this season, especially has he has gained comfort with his new team and teammates (look at his December numbers). He is likely to have his best season yet this year. Cousins cannot match what Butler provides a team.

Ascending to what? He more than likely won't be an All Star. Won't be All NBA. What he is ascending towards?
You sound foolish. Each of the 3 guys that I stated are better are you know, better. Continuing to argue makes no sense.

They will each be All NBA.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
LTG hates Butjer,Thibs, loves the 76ers .It's easy but he turns them into War and Peace threads :(

Yep! Debating him about them at this point is a waste of time. Whenever I see he's made the last post in this thread I assume he's taking a shot at Butler or Thibs. I'm almost always right.

Yeah, I just sort of skimmed the last couple pages. When he does shit like saying Butler didn’t play well last night it’s clear he’s just being an idiot again or trolling. Every once in awhile I break, but for the most part I’ve learned to ignore these types of thoughts of his.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:40 pm 

Cousins is putting up some fancy numbers this year but his lack of effort defensively always kills his teams. If you want to be a real superstar you have to put work in on both ends, not just chase stats. This is one of the many reasons westbrook and Harden will never be nearly as good as Kawhi Leonard. If you just looked at stats you would come to the hilariously wrong conclusion they were better. Advanced metrics help a bit with this issue, but it’s almost impossible to accurately portray everything a player does on a court through statistics.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
LTG hates Butjer,Thibs, loves the 76ers .It's easy but he turns them into War and Peace threads :(

Yep! Debating him about them at this point is a waste of time. Whenever I see he's made the last post in this thread I assume he's taking a shot at Butler or Thibs. I'm almost always right.

Yeah, I just sort of skimmed the last couple pages. When he does shit like saying Butler didn’t play well last night it’s clear he’s just being an idiot again or trolling. Every once in awhile I break, but for the most part I’ve learned to ignore these types of thoughts of his.

I never said he didn't play well. I said he didn't play great. He took 33 shots to score 38 points. What are we really talking about?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Cousins is putting up some fancy numbers this year but his lack of effort defensively always kills his teams. If you want to be a real superstar you have to put work in on both ends, not just chase stats. This is one of the many reasons westbrook and Harden will never be nearly as good as Kawhi Leonard. If you just looked at stats you would come to the hilariously wrong conclusion they were better. Advanced metrics help a bit with this issue, but it’s almost impossible to accurately portray everything a player does on a court through statistics.

Butler isn't a superstar. He can't dominate games offensively. Definitely can't do it consistently and when has he ever taken a team anywhere? You can put it on Hoiberg all you want but he really isn't doing all that great since he has been reunited with Thibs. They are 4 games over and have played an easy schedule.

you also told me earlier in the year that he was a supreme difference maker defensively. Based on what? Their numbers are terrible with him or without him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:27 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Butler isn't a superstar. He can't dominate games offensively. Definitely can't do it consistently and when has he ever taken a team anywhere? You can put it on Hoiberg all you want but he really isn't doing all that great since he has been reunited with Thibs. They are 4 games over and have played an easy schedule.

you also told me earlier in the year that he was a supreme difference maker defensively. Based on what? Their numbers are terrible with him or without him.

The argument is Jimmy Butler vs Demarcus Cousins and that’s the card you felt you had to play? :lol:

You make it too easy.

Also, as usual, your last statement is completely wrong. With Butler on the court they are slightly below average defensively. With him off the court they become a bottom 1 or 2 team defensively. This is based on points per 100 possessions allowed, the standard metric for team defense.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The argument is Jimmy Butler vs Demarcus Cousins and that’s the card you felt you had to play? :lol:

You make it too easy.

Also, as usual, your last statement is completely wrong. With Butler on the court they are slightly below average defensively. With him off the court they become a bottom 1 or 2 team defensively. This is based on points per 100 possessions allowed, the standard metric for team defense.

What? He is on the court during the fourth quarter and they have the worst points per 100 possession rating in the league. They have been terrible with him or without him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:39 pm 

Theory:

LTG had an abusive step-dad named Jimmy Butler during his formative years and it has permanently scarred him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:46 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You make it too easy.

What? He is on the court during the fourth quarter and they have the worst points per 100 possession rating in the league. They have been terrible with him or without him.

Yeah, see that is factually wrong. The Timberwolves are 24th in the NBA in defensive efficiency currently. They go down to the 28-30 range with Butler on the bench and are in the 16-20 range when he's on the court.

Out of all your asinine opinions, "Jimmy Butler isn't good defensively" is just about the dumbest.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:50 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You make it too easy.

Yeah, see that is factually wrong. The Timberwolves are 24th in the NBA in defensive efficiency currently. They go down to the 28-30 range with Butler on the bench and are in the 16-20 range when he's on the court.

Out of all your asinine opinions, "Jimmy Butler isn't good defensively" is just about the dumbest.

i guarantee that you can't show me where I said that. I said that he doesn't have the level of impact that you believe he has. He didn't make all defense last year and probably won't make it this year either. He is a good defender. He isn't elite.

I also tend to get much right than you also. Check the numbers. I'd love to see know the scales when it comes to "asinine statements".

Lets do a tally because the recurring theme regarding "asinine thoughts" needs to be put to the test. Have no doubt that I tend to get it right more than you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:53 pm 

long time guy wrote:
I also tend to get much right than you also. Check the numbers. I'd love to see know the scales when it comes to "asinine statements".

Lets do a tally because the recurring theme regarding "asinine thoughts" needs to be put to the test. Have no doubt that I tend to get it right more than you.

:lol: :lol:

Whatever you want to do is fine by me. It's funny you think you're right more often.

Maybe we can start by predicting the 2 seed in the Western Conference. Watch out world.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:01 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Whatever you want to do is fine by me. It's funny you think you're right more often.

Maybe we can start by predicting the 2 seed in the Western Conference. Watch out world.

No lets start with Simmons and Markannen being busts. Or the Wolves winning 50 games. Or Butler being a Hall of Famer. I think that was one of your nuggets from years ago. Those are just a few.

Not to mention that you were for Ball not too long ago. How is that working out?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:13 pm 

Let's add Giannis to the list also. He has thoroughly ended the whole Butler debate and so has Kyrie Irving. Its time to finally put the asinine thoughts portion of the show to the test once and for all.

For the record when I stated that he was better he was better. This isn't a recent phenomenon either. He was dominating Butler head to head and his stats were better. You changed it to mean something different only once you couldn't fight the good fight anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:16 pm 

You are a sad human.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:17 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No lets start with Simmons and Markannen being busts. Or the Wolves winning 50 games. Or Butler being a Hall of Famer. I think that was one of your nuggets from years ago. Those are just a few.

Not to mention that you were for Ball not too long ago. How is that working out?

Never once said Simmons was a bust. Wolves are gonna win 50 still. Never said Butler was a HoFer.

You lie like a rug. Some shameful shit. Smh

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Never once said Simmons was a bust. Wolves are gonna win 50 still. Never said Butler was a HoFer.

You lie like a rug. Some shameful shit. Smh

Nah I think you stated that Butler had a chance to be a hall of Famer. He doesn't

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:31 pm 

Let us not forget your thoughts on Nerlens Noel. How is that working out? IMU care to chime in on this one as well. Noel has blown up right before our eyes. He stinks.

I choose not to do victory laps or discredit posters so a lot of the time I simply fall back. But it is time to do an "assanine thought" assessment together. Lets see who has more of them.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:31 pm 

Oh. Well that’s a lot different than calling him a HOFer now isn’t it?

He does have a chance. Almost every good player does. The basketball hall of fame is a joke and by far the easiest to get into out of all sports.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 49  Next