It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Warriors will lose the first 5 games of the next season. #ReadItHereFirst

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Colonel Angus wrote:
Warriors will lose the first 5 games of the next season. #ReadItHereFirst

After their plane crashes?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Spurs still gonna win the title next year

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Bogut and Barnes to the Mavs.

Next season's Warriors will match this year's loss total by the All-Star break.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:02 pm 

Stephen A Smith doing something called a "Facebook Live Chat"? in 45 mins (4:45 PM EDT)

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/statu ... 9418684417

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hussra wrote:
Bogut and Barnes to the Mavs.

Next season's Warriors will match this year's loss total by the All-Star break.

I would be shocked.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Good for Durant. Happy for him. Warriors are going to put up crazy numbers the next few years.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:32 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Can't fault durant for wanting to leave a fanbase that would grab a gun if he were dating their daughter.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
TurdFerguson wrote:
Can't fault durant for wanting to leave a fanbase that would grab a gun if he were dating their daughter.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:42 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Good for him. Who gives a shit how you win a title. Nobody needs to grovel at the altar of "but Jordan wouldn't have done it." Not every NBA player can be an unhinged pyschopath with it comes to winning, that's why there's only one MJ and he's the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:19 pm 

I'm guessing LeBron's not scared.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:23 pm 

Zack nailed it on page one of this thread.

OKC stole their team & Durant from Seattle. Shortly after they tried like hell to steal from New Orleans. Fuck them. Durant didn't choose OKC, but he tried to make the best of it. At the end of the day, who in their right minds as a 28yr old millionaire would actually WANT to live in thieving ass Oklahoma City 8-9 months out of the year?

From a competitor's point of view, he took the easy way out, agreed...but the alternative was still living in f-ing Oklahoma, as opposed to the Bay Area. And when the Logo starts working to close the deal, the competitive/winning juices get flowing and the deal gets closed. Just ask Shaq.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:23 pm 

The next logical question would be whether Durant fits or not. Golden State's style of play is fundamentally different than the style he has spent his whole career playing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:29 pm 

long time guy wrote:
The next logical question would be whether Durant fits or not. Golden State's style of play is fundamentally different than the style he has spent his whole career playing.

On one level I wonder if it will be like Houston's Twin Towers. Overkill. But his game is so malleable and devoid of any real personality, I think he may be just the kind of person that can adapt...for awhile.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:33 pm 

He has a tendency to play hero ball. Ball sticks with him also. They also lose a rim protector in Bogut. They are still the favorites but it may not be the slam dunk that it first appears.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:38 pm 

long time guy wrote:
He has a tendency to play hero ball. Ball sticks with him also. They also lose a rim protector in Bogut. They are still the favorites but it may not be the slam dunk that it first appears.

Not that it's the best predictor, but I heard the Vegas line for them to win it all next year was set at the same number it was going into game 7. :lol:

The hero ball is going to have to be the first thing he modifies. I'd be willing to bet Jerry West and he talked about just that, and how it will get him a ring.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
W_Z wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
He should get as much shit as LeBron for leaving.

LeBron got shit because he left his home town for a shit sports town that doesn't give a fuck about anything. Durant is trying to win a title and leaving a godforsaken bible belt city for greener pastures. he's not from oklahoma city, he doesn't owe them shit.

not even close.

I certainly can't blame a guy for wanting to get out of Oklahoma City.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
long time guy wrote:

Someone's ego is in for a shock.

Either Thompson or Green is going to be pissed midway through the year unless there's an injury.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:56 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Someone's ego is in for a shock.

Either Thompson or Green is going to be pissed midway through the year unless there's an injury.

My money's on Green being pissed. The other part of the Durant dynamic is now you have 3 guys that settle for jump shots when the game gets tight. You always err on the side of talent but your top 3 guys are all perimeter. Curry isn't a point either. Draymond is the facilitator and now the ball will be out of his hands a great deal of the time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:02 pm 

Why would Draymond get pissed? He's got to be happy as hell. Just makes it that much easier for him to chase triple doubles. He doesn't give a fuck about scoring.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:04 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Why would Draymond get pissed? He's got to be happy as hell. Just makes it that much easier for him to chase triple doubles. He doesn't give a fuck about scoring.

It's not about scoring. It's about not being involved. Draymond Green has more Demarcus Cousins in him than first appears.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:07 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It's not about scoring. It's about not being involved. Draymond Green has more Demarcus Cousins in him than first appears.

No way. Green is the leader of that team. He's all about winning. This idea(not you, just people in general) I keep hearing that Draymond is just some glorified role player is just bullshit. He's easily one of the most versatile players in recent memory. He's gonna be fine in this situation. The team will need him to grab boards, facilitate, play DPOY-caliber defense, and hit the occasional three. He will excel again at that. I don't see how this changes anything for him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:09 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
OKC stole their team & Durant from Seattle. Shortly after they tried like hell to steal from New Orleans.

I don't think the economy ever recovered enough to sustain the NBA in New Orleans (who, in turn, ganked the team from Charlotte), but David Stern was too afraid to be the guy who walked out on New Orleans post-Katrina after the Saints stayed and went to a conference championship. Bennett, McClendon, and the rest of that goon squad were pretty much subsidizing the Hornets in OKC, if I remember correctly. Would have been tidier to just sell them the team outright before they could get their hands on the Sonics.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:13 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No way. Green is the leader of that team. He's all about winning. This idea(not you, just people in general) I keep hearing that Draymond is just some glorified role player is just bullshit. He's easily one of the most versatile players in recent memory. He's gonna be fine in this situation. The team will need him to grab boards, facilitate, play DPOY-caliber defense, and hit the occasional three. He will excel again at that. I don't see how this changes anything for him.

I agree with FF. Green will be fine in what he does. Durant does nothing to take anything away from him.

IMO the one who will be impacted the most is Klay. Durant is going to take a lot of shots away from him. Curry is still going to get his, but I would expect Klays numbers to go down.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:17 pm 

Curry's numbers will go down. They probably would anyway. I'm sure he's going to do everything in his power to be 100% in May and June.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:23 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I agree with FF. Green will be fine in what he does. Durant does nothing to take anything away from him.

IMO the one who will be impacted the most is Klay. Durant is going to take a lot of shots away from him. Curry is still going to get his, but I would expect Klays numbers to go down.

Durant isn't simply catch and shoot. He likes to put the ball on the floor and make plays. That has to impact Green.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
TurdFerguson wrote:

True, though. I've got a friend from there & hear all the stories. It's basically the prototype for Trump's America.

Maybe when Texit happens, they'll join them w/ a few other states.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:36 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

True, though. I've got a friend from there & hear all the stories. It's basically the prototype for Trump's America.

Maybe when Texit happens, they'll join them w/ a few other states.

Yeah judging by their crowds it looked like it was real tough for Durant to play there. They really seemed to dislike him.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next