It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
badrogue17 wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Can't fault durant for wanting to leave a fanbase that would grab a gun if he were dating their daughter.

True, though. I've got a friend from there & hear all the stories. It's basically the prototype for Trump's America.

Maybe when Texit happens, they'll join them w/ a few other states.

Yeah judging by their crowds it looked like it was real tough for Durant to play there. They really seemed to dislike him.

Gotta agree with rogue here. OKC was known as an incredibly loyal and passionate fanbase around the league. It seems a little odd to demonize the fans for the owners shitty actions.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Well FF don't be swayed by reality. It easier to believe OKC fan base is all redneck racists with guns. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
badrogue17 wrote:
He should get as much shit as LeBron for leaving. Can't cut it leading the team that drafted him. What were his stats in Games 5,6,7 in the Warriors series? No balls.

Nah...I never had a beef with Bron leaving Cleveland..it's the way he he left..just be like everyone else in history and sign a deal...the "Decision" is what pis sed most people off.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
So Durant took less money because he wanted to win? How does that make him a bad guy?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:38 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
So Durant took less money because he wanted to win? How does that make him a bad guy?

He could've won in OKC. OKC with Durant was probably the more talented team.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:43 pm 

Yeah probably, but this GSW team will be very fun to watch. Could average 120 per game if they wanted to.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
great league. champ is known before the season starts! NBA needs its own NIT.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:57 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
great league. champ is known before the season starts! NBA needs its own NIT.

Hasn't it pretty much always been like this? It was exactly the same with the 90s Bulls.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Heat didn't win the first year after the Decision.

It'd be great if OKC knocked the Warriors out of the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:02 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Heat didn't win the first year after the Decision.

It'd be great if OKC knocked the Warriors out of the playoffs.

I agree. Sure, on paper the Warriors look unbeatable right now, but every team has a weakness. A great coach with the right players can exploit a vulnerability.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:
He has a tendency to play hero ball. Ball sticks with him also. They also lose a rim protector in Bogut. They are still the favorites but it may not be the slam dunk that it first appears.

Someone's ego is in for a shock.

Either Thompson or Green is going to be pissed midway through the year unless there's an injury.

My money's on Green being pissed. The other part of the Durant dynamic is now you have 3 guys that settle for jump shots when the game gets tight. You always err on the side of talent but your top 3 guys are all perimeter. Curry isn't a point either. Draymond is the facilitator and now the ball will be out of his hands a great deal of the time.

Don't overthink this my friend. They will find a guy chasing a title to play the role of Bogut. This team will be just as good as they look on paper. There isn't a team that can't matchup with them. It's going to be scary.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Can't fault durant for wanting to leave a fanbase that would grab a gun if he were dating their daughter.

True, though. I've got a friend from there & hear all the stories. It's basically the prototype for Trump's America.

Maybe when Texit happens, they'll join them w/ a few other states.

Yeah judging by their crowds it looked like it was real tough for Durant to play there. They really seemed to dislike him.

Gotta agree with rogue here. OKC was known as an incredibly loyal and passionate fanbase around the league. It seems a little odd to demonize the fans for the owners shitty actions.

What did the owners do? They were extremely respectful and gracious.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Westbrook was the best player on that team. It was clear that Durant lacked the killer instinct. He clearly couldn't be the guy to put them over the top.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:21 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Westbrook was the best player on that team. It was clear that Durant lacked the killer instinct. He clearly couldn't be the guy to put them over the top.

He's gonna look great in a Spur uniform in 2018.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
The heat weren't even that good, Spurs should have beat them and a decent Dallas team did take em out..the East is weak...this GS team just won a title and then had 73 wins and should have beaten Cleveland...GS is going on a historic run with KD..nobody is stopping em.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
The heat weren't even that good, Spurs should have beat them and a decent Dallas team did take em out..the East is weak...this GS team just won a title and then had 73 wins and should have beaten Cleveland...GS is going on a historic run with KD..nobody is stopping em.

Completely agree.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

That Spurs team, with the right bench, could give GSnWo trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jbi11s wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

That Spurs team, with the right bench, could give GSnWo trouble.

No

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:20 pm 

Ok

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:44 pm 

312player wrote:

Yeah wasn't it Ginobli missing free throws down the stretch or Miami loses that series? Id hold off on crowning GS for next year.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:19 pm 

312player wrote:

They won the title with Cleveland missing 2 of their 3 best players. Cleveland won the series more than G.S. lost it. Curry was dominated by Irving and James showed that he was undisputedly the best in the world. That's why G.S. lost.

Durant leaving a championship caliber team in order to back door his way into a championship says a lot about him as a player. If he has any pride he'd have resigned with OKC. This should especially be the case after he sold them out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:26 pm 

The guy signed where he wanted to. He thought GS had a better chance to give him a title than OKC. Idk if you followed OKC throughout the season, but they didn't get their shit together until right before the playoffs.

You are over valuing the likes of Dion Waiters, Andre Roberson, and Steven Adams.

Idk why I'm even typing this. I truly don't want to have a debate with you. It's the 4th of July, and I'm working. That's punishment enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:35 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
The guy signed where he wanted to. He thought GS had a better chance to give him a title than OKC. Idk if you followed OKC throughout the season, but they didn't get their shit together until right before the playoffs.

You are over valuing the likes of Dion Waiters, Andre Roberson, and Steven Adams.

Idk why I'm even typing this. I truly don't want to have a debate with you. It's the 4th of July, and I'm working. That's punishment enough.

In case you didn't notice, I responded to 312 not you. Oladipo is an upgrade and Adams is a player. Don't care for Roberson. Like Waiters but he'll be gone. Isn't Draymond Green overvalued too? For that matter Curry also?

Last edited by long time guy on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:38 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

Thats the thing though. He himself is the reason ( or a large part of) that his team didn't beat GS. He and the rest of his team choked. A team he's the supposed leader of. Also sorry, but he's a complete hypocrite with his previous tweets that have been exposed about others joining super teams and giving up trying to win with their teams. He's a spineless fraud.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:41 pm 

Yeah LTG, but questioning a man's pride to fit into your own narrative was Stephen A. Smith-esque.

Obviously, Durant takes pride in his legacy, and wants a shot at multiple rings. The Thunder are just not as good as you think.

OKC fans will survive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:45 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Thats the thing though. He himself is the reason ( or a large part of) that his team didn't beat GS. He and the rest of his team choked. A team he's the supposed leader of. Also sorry, but he's a complete hypocrite with his previous tweets that have been exposed about others joining super teams and giving up trying to win with their teams. He's a spineless fraud.

Yes he deserves a little heat for that tweet way back when.

I just don't get why you guys are taking this so personally. I don't think anyone here is an OKC fan above all else.

You guys are acting like he's dating your daughter or something.

It's not that serious. It's sports. The Bulls won't be good again until the Warriors era is almost finished anyway. Knee jerk hatred is a Chicago specialty, but I just don't understand it here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:51 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Yep. A true competitor would be ashamed of his role in the collapse and make it his goal to beat them.

It's interesting when people try to compare new guys to people like Isaiah and Jordan. Isaiah had to beat both Boston and L.A. in order to win. Detroit wasn't shit when he was drafted. He learned about how to win and made it a point to beat Boston and L.A. when the Bad Boy thing was on its last legs, he vetoed a trade to the Knicks because he didn't wanted to abandon the Pistons. That's a competitor. Same with Jordan. He found a way to beat the Pistons.

I wish dude the best but the perception of him will undoubtedly change.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:53 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Yeah LTG, but questioning a man's pride to fit into your own narrative was Stephen A. Smith-esque.

Obviously, Durant takes pride in his legacy, and wants a shot at multiple rings. The Thunder are just not as good as you think.

OKC fans will survive.

It's not just me. If you don't think they are legit then you haven't been reading the tea leaves. A large number of people left that Series thinking OKC was the better team.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:56 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Yes he deserves a little heat for that tweet way back when.

I just don't get why you guys are taking this so personally. I don't think anyone here is an OKC fan above all else.

You guys are acting like he's dating your daughter or something.

It's not that serious. It's sports. The Bulls won't be good again until the Warriors era is almost finished anyway. Knee jerk hatred is a Chicago specialty, but I just don't understand it here.

To be honest I think it's you that's taking it personally. I like competition. It's why I began watching sports as a youth. I like guys that compete. It's not just guys on this message board. Durant himself had these same views until he didn't of course.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:58 pm 

long time guy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Yep. A true competitor would be ashamed of his role in the collapse and make it his goal to beat them.

It's interesting when people try to compare new guys to people like Isaiah and Jordan. Isaiah had to beat both Boston and L.A. in order to win. Detroit wasn't shit when he was drafted. He learned about how to win and made it a point to beat Boston and L.A. when the Bad Boy thing was on its last legs, he vetoed a trade to the Knicks because he didn't wanted to abandon the Pistons. That's a competitor. Same with Jordan. He found a way to beat the Pistons.

I wish dude the best but the perception of him will undoubtedly change.

Where is this book on the steps to be an elite competitor?

You are too much of a purist in this evaluation. Holding on to the past so tightly, and running your basketball opinions through that filter is silly to me. It's not 1985 anymore. I'm sorry, but I just get dismissive when I see posts about how the game was.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next