It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nas wrote:
I'm a huge Thibs fan but I just can't see him making a 20 game improvement for a team that doesn't know how to win. I think 41 wins is their ceiling.

8)

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:19 pm 

Statement game Knicks-Wolves. NBA action is fantastic!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Wolves on the upswing. Knicks and Bulls trending downward.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:34 pm 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Wolves will win more than the Bulls & knicks combined

Yup

man, they're awful young.

Awful Young > Just Awful

Knicks have more talent than you think. We'll see.

Yep. Porzingus I take over Wiggins and he isn't too far away from Towns. Melo can still play at All Star level. Rose and Noah are legit starters and Rose is capable of playing at a high level. They have to fill the 2 spot. Brandon Jennings is also a solid backup.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Agree. The Wolves only won 29 games last season and essentially return the same team. There would have to be a significant jump made by their younger guys to get to 45 games. I think both the Knicks and Bulls will win more than 45 games.

i think it's a reasonable expectation that Wiggins and Towns will continue to improve....and they've added a solid draft pick and some solid role players. In addition, several of the fringe teams either did not improve or got worse. Do you think Houston will still make the playoffs next year ?

No on Houston. Utah will replace Houston.

Teams led by 2nd and 3rd yr players typically don't win unless they are all league. Towns be that but the jury is still out on Wiggins. I like Wiggins but it may be a little early to expect that out of him.

No on Houston?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
veganfan21 wrote:
Put me down for trainwreck for the Bulls. Reinsdorf has an awesome eye for assembling retro all-star teams.

8)

:lol: at LTG. "50 wins max" but now he says everyone had them at 500, including him. :lol:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:59 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Put me down for trainwreck for the Bulls. Reinsdorf has an awesome eye for assembling retro all-star teams.

8)

:lol: at LTG. "50 wins max" but now he says everyone had them at 500, including him. :lol:

I was fooled by the first three games admittedly. I had them at about .500 in the summer though. Still 5 games better than the Wolves. Hoi berg blows that and his ass should be whacked.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:03 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Bumped this with you in mind. Ain't to late to get on the Bulls express. I didn't really get a good feel for them while watching them in preseason.

Watched TWolves the other night. Anthony Towns is for real.

I'm sticking to the prediction on this one. The Bulls are really weak at the 4 spot and 5 is merely serviceable. No rim protection at all after Lopez.

I think Wade still has something left but I expect him to slow down/breakdown as the season goes on.

Butler hasn't looked good in the preseason either. Taj has but I'm not falling for that one.

I think you and I had a Bulls vs Wolves thing going. I've got the wolves being better starting immediately. The Knicks are a mess. They need to get rid of Melo and feed the stud all day long. I have no idea what Rose is doing there. His comments about a super team remind me of when Amare invited himself to this rumored free agent summit (LBJ, Paul, Wade, Bosh) back in either 2010 or 2008. Couldn't take the hint that he wasn't elite anymore. :lol:

Remember this? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:03 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
I think the Wolves and Knicks will have similar records. The Bulls will be worse.

I think the Knicks are a huge question mark. Melo might be breaking down more than Rose, and the entire starting lineup is a major injury concern. Add in having no bench whatsoever, and this team could be a failure.

For the Bulls, Wade is coming off a great season, but he was surrounded by guys who were able to shoulder some of the workload in Miami. Bosh (for 2/3's of a season), Deng, Dragic, Whiteside, Joe Johnson (down the stretch of the season), Josh McRoberts, and Amare are probably better than any other player currently on this Bulls roster. Wade is not going to be able to carry this team anywhere. Add in a malcontent like Rondo, who couldn't work with 3 of the most respected coaches in the league, Doc Rivers, Rick Carlisle, and George Karl, and this whole thing just has disaster written all over it.

The Wolves can probably be a 7/8 seed this year. Houston and OKC will probably fall out of the playoff picture, and Dallas has to finally slide out of that 6/7/8th seed spot they've been clinging to since the championship year.

1. Wolves
2. Knicks
3. Bulls

Or this? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:05 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Agree. The Wolves only won 29 games last season and essentially return the same team. There would have to be a significant jump made by their younger guys to get to 45 games. I think both the Knicks and Bulls will win more than 45 games.

i think it's a reasonable expectation that Wiggins and Towns will continue to improve....and they've added a solid draft pick and some solid role players. In addition, several of the fringe teams either did not improve or got worse. Do you think Houston will still make the playoffs next year ?

Teams led by 2nd and 3rd yr players typically don't win unless they are all league. Towns be that but the jury is still out on Wiggins. I like Wiggins but it may be a little early to expect that out of him.

No on Houston?

Missed on Houston. Damn Dantoni has them rolling.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Based on the state of the three teams on Jan 26th... Wolves then Bulls then Knicks is still possible... and maybe even likely.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:24 pm 

I hope LTG at least admits he was wrong on the Knicks this year. That's a whole lot of bad.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No on Houston?

Missed on Houston. Damn Dantoni has them rolling.

Yeah, but as is the case with all D'Antoni teams, unless they figure it out defensively they are an easy 2nd round opponent.