It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I expect all three teams to be in the 40-50 win area. I feel like people are overlooking how good Butler is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
FavreFan wrote:
I expect all three teams to be in the 40-50 win area. I feel like people are overlooking how good Butler is.

Butler is great. Still wasn't good enough to get last years Bulls team to the playoffs. Combine that with the concerns I have over shooting, defense, rebounding, coaching and probably most importantly injury probabilities I just have a sinking feeling it's going to be a bad year for the Bulls. Wouldn't mind being wrong about this.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:21 pm 

The health is the most important factor. I think the concern about shooting is a bit overblown. You can win 50 games without shooting threes. Just can't win a title.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
You can win 50 games without shooting threes.

I agree with this to a point but it helps greatly to have a big that can actually score in the post then and draw defenders towards him opening up space for driving lanes for your non shooting wings but, not seeing that with Niko, Sideshow Bob or Portis, but maybe Felicio will just turn into a monster and it will be a moot point.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:30 pm 

They love Felicio in summer league :lol:

I can see Wade having a great first half of the season before fading out or getting hurt and the Bulls riding that to 45-48 wins. He was pretty healthy last year and looked good most of the season.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

He was the only guy on the team even trying the last month of last season. He actually looked decent at times.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:36 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He was the only guy on the team even trying the last month of last season. He actually looked decent at times.

No snark I think he might be a serviceable rotation big in the NBA. I like his motor for being a fatter dude and he has a pretty good passing awareness about him. He definitely was the only player left giving a shit at the end of last year, but that probably just comes with being hungry to keep his spot on the roster. Either way Felicio > Bairstow

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I'm the biggest Wolves believer on the board, but without the 3 point shooting they desperately need this season we'll probably see them top out around 40-45 wins. Possibly 7 or 8 seed. 2017-18 tho? Barring injury, the Wolves are going to be a problem for everyone.

The Knicks could surprise some people this year, and the Bulls will undoubtedly implode with injuries or the effects of the Rondo experience.

The East is weak, but the West isn't the same past the top 4 teams or so.

I think the Wolves and Knicks will have similar records. The Bulls will be worse.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:29 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
I think the Wolves and Knicks will have similar records. The Bulls will be worse.

I think the Knicks are a huge question mark. Melo might be breaking down more than Rose, and the entire starting lineup is a major injury concern. Add in having no bench whatsoever, and this team could be a failure.

For the Bulls, Wade is coming off a great season, but he was surrounded by guys who were able to shoulder some of the workload in Miami. Bosh (for 2/3's of a season), Deng, Dragic, Whiteside, Joe Johnson (down the stretch of the season), Josh McRoberts, and Amare are probably better than any other player currently on this Bulls roster. Wade is not going to be able to carry this team anywhere. Add in a malcontent like Rondo, who couldn't work with 3 of the most respected coaches in the league, Doc Rivers, Rick Carlisle, and George Karl, and this whole thing just has disaster written all over it.

The Wolves can probably be a 7/8 seed this year. Houston and OKC will probably fall out of the playoff picture, and Dallas has to finally slide out of that 6/7/8th seed spot they've been clinging to since the championship year.

1. Wolves
2. Knicks
3. Bulls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:46 am 

:lol: DB, you do realize the Bulls have Jimmy Butler right? Josh mcroberts, amare, and joe Johnson are not better than him and rondo. :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:48 am 

FavreFan wrote:
:lol: DB, you do realize the Bulls have Jimmy Butler right? Josh mcroberts, amare, and joe Johnson are not better than him and rondo. :lol:

READS JUST FINE

Last edited by Douchebag on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:55 am 

Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm fine with my assessment.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:00 pm 

May be a good time to bump this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Put me down for trainwreck for the Bulls. Reinsdorf has an awesome eye for assembling retro all-star teams.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:

It's hard to judge the Knicks but my gut tells me they'll still be better than the Bulls.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:40 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Put me down for trainwreck for the Bulls. Reinsdorf has an awesome eye for assembling retro all-star teams.

Bumped this with you in mind. Ain't to late to get on the Bulls express. I didn't really get a good feel for them while watching them in preseason.

Watched TWolves the other night. Anthony Towns is for real.

I'm sticking to the prediction on this one. The Bulls are really weak at the 4 spot and 5 is merely serviceable. No rim protection at all after Lopez.

I think Wade still has something left but I expect him to slow down/breakdown as the season goes on.

Butler hasn't looked good in the preseason either. Taj has but I'm not falling for that one.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:41 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It's hard to judge the Knicks but my gut tells me they'll still be better than the Bulls.

I think the Knicks will be much improved too. Should be a top 5 seed in the East. Rose and Noah have to stay healthy.

Last edited by long time guy on Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I think all three teams will likely finish within 5 games or so of eachother, but I'll go Wolves, Bulls, Knicks.

Don't see a reason to change from this, although I'm starting to lean towards the Bulls being top. Knicks will definitely be the worst of the three.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:49 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I think all three teams will likely finish within 5 games or so of eachother, but I'll go Wolves, Bulls, Knicks.

Don't see a reason to change from this, although I'm starting to lean towards the Bulls being top. Knicks will definitely be the worst of the three.

All three are intriguing but for different reasons. They each have a Bull connect should keep people interested.

I don't know the Knicks have some talent and I've always thought Hornacek is an underrated coach.

Play Cleveland Tuesday will be watching. The only game Melo and Rose have played together really didn't go so well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Bumped this with you in mind. Ain't to late to get on the Bulls express. I didn't really get a good feel for them while watching them in preseason.

I'm sticking to the prediction on this one. The Bulls are really weak at the 4 spot and 5 is merely serviceable. No rim protection at all after Lopez.

I think Wade still has something left but I expect him to slow down/breakdown as the season goes on.

Butler hasn't looked good in the preseason either. Taj has but I'm not falling for that one.

I think you and I had a Bulls vs Wolves thing going. I've got the wolves being better starting immediately. The Knicks are a mess. They need to get rid of Melo and feed the stud all day long. I have no idea what Rose is doing there. His comments about a super team remind me of when Amare invited himself to this rumored free agent summit (LBJ, Paul, Wade, Bosh) back in either 2010 or 2008. Couldn't take the hint that he wasn't elite anymore. :lol:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:28 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I think you and I had a Bulls vs Wolves thing going. I've got the wolves being better starting immediately. The Knicks are a mess. They need to get rid of Melo and feed the stud all day long. I have no idea what Rose is doing there. His comments about a super team remind me of when Amare invited himself to this rumored free agent summit (LBJ, Paul, Wade, Bosh) back in either 2010 or 2008. Couldn't take the hint that he wasn't elite anymore. :lol:

Yeah Rose is delusional. I still think that Bulls will be better than the Wolves. Porzingus looks like he will be an all star by next season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Yeah Rose is delusional. I still think that Bulls will be better than the Wolves. Porzingus looks like he will be an all star by next season.

Case in point:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17877516/derrick-rose-new-york-knicks-believes-hit-elite-point-guard-level-again

Quote:
Most NBA observers probably wouldn't label Derrick Rose as elite at this stage of his career. But Rose believes he fits that description and that it's only a "matter of time" before he shows it to others.

Rose was asked after Knicks practice on Monday if he wants to show this season that he still is an elite point guard.

"Yeah, but I know I am," he said. "That's no surprise to me. It's only a matter of time until I put it together. All the hard work I put in, everything how I dedicated my whole life to this game, what I sacrificed. It's only a few that did it and that's doing it. So it's all about just putting it together."

Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek said Rose has looked strong in recent workouts. But Hornacek would also like to see Rose look for his own shot more often in certain situations.

"I think there's going to be times when I'm going to have tell Derrick be more aggressive," Hornacek said Monday. "There are times he's trying to set his teammates up, which is great for a point guard. But a lot of the early offense in the open court he's a hard guy to guard. He'll be on the attack.... He feels he's got great players on his team that he can rely but there's going to be times that he's going to have the advantage and we're going to want him to attack."

So glad to be rid of his whole fucking act.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
redskingreg wrote:
Wolves, Bulls, Knicks.

I need to get me some Wolves gear.

This.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

It was 2010 and Amare single-handedly took the Suns to the Western Conference Finals that summer. Lakers won 4 games to 2. Amare was elite. That's why he got paid the most that summer. He had a remarkable 2010-2011 year with the Knicks. He was absolutely elite that season. Afterwards, the knees slowed him down.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
man, they're awful young.

Awful Young > Just Awful

Knicks have more talent than you think. We'll see.

Yep. Porzingus I take over Wiggins and he isn't too far away from Towns. Melo can still play at All Star level. Rose and Noah are legit starters and Rose is capable of playing at a high level. They have to fill the 2 spot. Brandon Jennings is also a solid backup.

well, I disagree with thought 1, thought 2, half of thought three, and maybe thought 5. But I still say Knicks, Bulls, Wolves. For this season.

uh, ltg?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:05 am 

next time I say check the tape, you should check the tape.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:56 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Knicks
Wolves
Bulls

I guess you are a universal "fool".

You're wrong on each and every one of these thus far. You also had the Wolves better than the Bull. Its early but Minnesota is about to hit a rough portion of the schedule. This could ugly in about another 15 games or so.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:58 pm 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Knicks
Wolves
Bulls

You're wrong on each and every one of these thus far.

:lol:

I wasnt gonna say anything, but I did find it odd that he bumped this.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:02 pm 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Knicks
Wolves
Bulls

You're wrong on each and every one of these thus far. You also had the Wolves better than the Bull. Its early but Minnesota is about to hit a rough portion of the schedule. This could ugly in about another 15 games or so.

that's bad typing, I totally saw it as Knicks Bulls Wolves. I'll own being an idiot at typing. I obviously stated my prediction later.

I thought the Knicks had the most talent. I thought the Bulls would be suck and the Wolves would suck worse. That was my prediction as clearly outlined a few posts later.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:48 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Wolves will win more than the Bulls & knicks combined

:D

To rock my soul