It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Powerhouse233 wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
It's not just not knowing how to win. Thibs offensive play calls particularly in crunch time are atrocious. They were down 3 with 35 seconds. Instead of going for the quick two he calls a play to get a 3. They are gaming for the 3 and San Antonio are running them off the line. They are jumping everyone and daring Minnesota to take the quick two. Minnesota eventually turns it over. He should have instructed his guys to take the quick because they weren't going to allow the 3. Isn't that what great coaches do?

It wasn't play calling. The execution was terrible. Wiggins got a good look but missed. That wasn't the problem. Towns shooting a 30 footer because he wants to be the hero and Rubio throwing the ball away were the problem.

The biggest problem the T-Wolves have right now is Wiggins. He's one of the most one dimensional players in the NBA. He's an awful defender, mediocre rebounder and a blackhole on offense with no discernible passing skills. Towns has developed into a dominant, unstoppable offensive player and a terrific rebounder as well. He's very flawed on the defensive end but he's only 21 and I expect him to improve. Towns should touch the ball on every possession but all too often I see Wiggins going one on one. As soon as he gets his hands on the ball he's decided he's putting up the shot, he has tunnel vision and its hurt this team.

Towns struggles at the end of games because he wants to be the hero and the game hasn't slowed down for him yet. His mental mistakes are his biggest issue and I'm not sure he has the desire to win that's necessary.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
long time guy wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
It's not just not knowing how to win. Thibs offensive play calls particularly in crunch time are atrocious. They were down 3 with 35 seconds. Instead of going for the quick two he calls a play to get a 3. They are gaming for the 3 and San Antonio are running them off the line. They are jumping everyone and daring Minnesota to take the quick two. Minnesota eventually turns it over. He should have instructed his guys to take the quick because they weren't going to allow the 3. Isn't that what great coaches do?

It wasn't play calling. The execution was terrible. Wiggins got a good look but missed. That wasn't the problem. Towns shooting a 30 footer because he wants to be the hero and Rubio throwing the ball away were the problem.

The biggest problem the T-Wolves have right now is Wiggins. He's one of the most one dimensional players in the NBA. He's an awful defender, mediocre rebounder and a blackhole on offense with no discernible passing skills. Towns has developed into a dominant, unstoppable offensive player and a terrific rebounder as well. He's very flawed on the defensive end but he's only 21 and I expect him to improve. Towns should touch the ball on every possession but all too often I see Wiggins going one on one. As soon as he gets his hands on the ball he's decided he's putting up the shot, he has tunnel vision and its hurt this team.

I mostly agree with you about Wiggins game but I'm not willing to go there as far as him being the biggest problem just yet.

He's not developing at the pace which was originally expected, given the extensive hype surrounding him. He hurts them significantly on defense and also on offense with his inability or unwillingness to share the ball. Towns is a polished force on offense, he just needs to work on his defense. What the T-Wolves need is for Wiggins to step his game up and become a true second option to Towns and I don't think he has. I think he's mostly an empty stats player presently, similar to Jerry Stackhouse.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

At the end of a game I would rather have Wiggins with the ball instead of Towns.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:35 pm 

Nas wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Towns struggles at the end of games because he wants to be the hero and the game hasn't slowed down for him yet. His mental mistakes are his biggest issue and I'm not sure he has the desire to win that's necessary.

I think he definitely has the desire to win, that seems like an unwarranted criticism. From everything that has come out about him he seems like a hard worker. I don't agree that the game hasn't slowed down for him yet, maybe defensively, but he's a fined tuned force on offense for a 21 year old. He can get a good shot on practically any possession. Like most young players he's still prone to bad shots and hero turn possessions but I think his progression is phenomenal considering he's only 21 and a sophomore. Wiggins on the other hand has more my turn possessions then any young player I've seen this season. He also lacks any versatility in his game. Scoring is literally his only positive contribution currently and it's hurting this team tremendously.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:36 pm 

Powerhouse233 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I mostly agree with you about Wiggins game but I'm not willing to go there as far as him being the biggest problem just yet.

He's not developing at the pace which was originally expected, given the extensive hype surrounding him. He hurts them significantly on defense and also on offense with his inability or unwillingness to share the ball. Towns is a polished force on offense, he just needs to work on his defense. What the T-Wolves need is for Wiggins to step his game up and become a true second option to Towns and I don't think he has. I think he's mostly an empty stats player presently, similar to Jerry Stackhouse.

So is Lavine. I think that is going to be problem going forward. The Wolves currently have 3 guys Towns Rubio and Dieng that play winning basketball. Unfortunately for them Wiggins and Lavine are viewed as building blocks.

Lavine and Wiggins are essentially the same guy. They both have tremendous holes in their game. Their holes can't be excused simply with them being young either. They both are one dimensionAL scorers. They can't impact the game in any other way. That will be a problem. Wiggins is better one on one but he does nothing else as a ball player.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:36 pm 

Nas wrote:
At the end of a game I would rather have Wiggins with the ball instead of Towns.

Keep him. I'll take Towns at the beginning of the game, during the game and at the end of the game. Wiggins is starting to look like Rudy Gay all over again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Towns is great but the times I've watched him he rushes at the end of games and jacks up horrible shots. Wiggins makes better decisions late in games and tends to get better shots. He's had some late game success too. Wiggins is a stud and this team will be in the playoffs next year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:41 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

So is Lavine. I think that is going to be problem going forward. The Wolves currently have 3 guys Towns Rubio and Dieng that play winning basketball. Unfortunately for them Wiggins and Lavine are viewed as building blocks.

Lavine and Wiggins are essentially the same guy. They both have tremendous holes in their game. Their holes can't be excused simply with them being young either. They both are one dimensionAL scorers. They can't impact the game in any other way. That will be a problem. Wiggins is better one on one but he does nothing else as a ball player.

I agree. Lavine and Wiggins are repetitive. They're far too one dimensional to play together in the same starting five. They should deal one of them, preferably Lavine, for a wing that can shoot and defend. The sooner they shore up their defense the sooner they'll take that next step.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
Towns is great but the times I've watched him he rushes at the end of games and jacks up horrible shots. Wiggins makes better decisions late in games and tends to get better shots. He's had some late game success too. Wiggins is a stud and this team will be in the playoffs next year.

You're higher on Wiggins than I am. I think he has great potential and shows flashes of brilliance as a scorer. I just think all the other areas of his game are too underdeveloped and on offense his lack of play-making for his teammates hurts them a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:49 pm 

Nas wrote:

Towns is big time but his game does become awfully perimeter in clutch situations. I hate to keep harping on this (actually I don't) but it once again comes down to coaching. Minnesota's announcers have been bashing Thibs all season for allowing Towns to take all those threes. They praised the way Mitchell used him. Mitchell had him playing from the elbow down. Thibs wants him floating around the 3.

You saw the problem with that tonight. In crunch time he launches the ill advised 3. That has happened a lot this season and Thibs is mostly responsible. Towns shouldn't be allowed to shoot that shot in that situation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

Powerhouse233 wrote:
Nas wrote:

You're higher on Wiggins than I am. I think he has great potential and shows flashes of brilliance as a scorer. I just think all the other areas of his game are too underdeveloped and on offense his lack of play-making for his teammates hurts them a lot.

I think Wiggins has TWTW. I like what I see and believe he will take the next step. Thibs loves guys like him and PG's.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Towns is big time but his game does become awfully perimeter in clutch situations. I hate to keep harping on this (actually I don't) but it once again comes down to coaching. Minnesota's announcers have been bashing Thibs all season for allowing Towns to take all those threes. They praised the way Mitchell used him. Mitchell had him playing from the elbow down. Thibs wants him floating around the 3.

You saw the problem with that tonight. In crunch time he launches the ill advised 3. That has happened a lot this season and Thibs is mostly responsible. Towns shouldn't be allowed to shoot that shot in that situation.

I think it's Towns. Thibs doesn't encourage players to take bad shots. Towns plays hurried at the end of games. I believe that will change soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:10 am 

6th straight loss.

Currently 16 games under .500

Back to back losses to Lowly Lakers (ugh) and Portland

Awfully light around these parts. Awfully light.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Yeah it hasn't been pretty

Now go fuck yourself

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:59 am 

Bagels wrote:
Yeah it hasn't been pretty

Now go fuck yourself

In the Philly thread dissent is embraced.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I'll still take the TWolves roster over the Sixers 100X out of 100. It's a lot easier to replace a coach than it is to replace marginal talent with really good talent.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:06 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I'll still take the TWolves roster over the Sixers 100X out of 100. It's a lot easier to replace a coach than it is to replace marginal talent with really good talent.

are you suggesting that Thibs is the problem?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:

Sixers have two very talented players. Just the small problem of them only playing 31 games out of a combined 328 possible.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
long time guy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

are you suggesting that Thibs is the problem?

It appears so. Maybe the drill sergeant act has worn thin in the NBA? He should go to college and dominate. I was never in the "Thibs is infallible" side in this debate fuckery. Just that the Wolves are talented as hell.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Sixers have two very talented players. Just the small problem of them only playing 31 games out of a combined 328 possible.

Embiid is possibly the best player on either team also. I like their role players better than Minnesota's also. Even though their management has been in tank mode for about 4-5 years Brown gets those guys to compete on most nights.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:10 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
7-3 in their past ten and basically scoring as much as they give up over the course of the whole season. Still have a shot to finish with a better record than the Bulls despite playing in a better conference under a first year coach. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And laughing :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:17 pm 

day drinking ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:19 pm 

Bagels wrote:
day drinking ?

Nah will be around this time next week though. Getting out of town for about 4-5 days

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:23 pm 

thanks for the update

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
day drinking ?

Nah will be around this time next week though. Getting out of town for about 4-5 days

You meeting up with me in Vegas?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:19 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
day drinking ?

You meeting up with me in Vegas?

Nah Not going West.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:20 pm 

Bagels wrote:
thanks for the update

Something tells me that you would not have preferred an update on the Wolves.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Playing GSW on ESPN right now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

Started strong and faded

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:27 am 

long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
that was a really tough loss last night
not panicking yet, but i have concern
they've had a bad pattern of taking big 1st half leads then coming out ice cold in the 2nd half....last night was no different, had a double digit lead going into the half that evaporated in the 3rd quarter
it was close down the stretch but the Wolves got way too 3 happy...shockingly, compared to previous years, they are shooting a good % from 3, but it was a 1-2 possession game in the final ~3 minutes, and they just started jacking up 3's when there was really no need to. Towns and Wiggins are decent enough, but in a close game down the stretch I want them taking the ball to the rim, not idling out by the arc.
I know inconsistency is going to be an issue with a young team, but they've someone got to find a way to be more disciplined down the stretch

Seeing as you need a little action in the thread I thought I'd provided it for you. Half time adjustments are absolutely killing Thibs. Same thing that happened with the Bull. He prepares teams fairly well but in game and game to game not so good. It's why his teams underperform during the playoffs. This team is not going to reach 35 wins. If they don't it has to be a disappointment. Sam Mitchell would have had them playing better after 10 games.

Good time to bump this

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next