It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Getting clowned by the Thunder at home with Westbrook sitting...Wtf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
If This can't get this team to 42 plus wins next year, I'm moving to team LTG and saying he's over rated and not a very good coach.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:18 pm 

312player wrote:
If This can't get this team to 42 plus wins next year, I'm moving to team LTG and saying he's over rated and not a very good coach.

Matches had this one covered as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

Yeah, real sound thought process they leads to calling a COY with a top 15 winning percentage in NBA history "overrated.".

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:39 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

Yeah, real sound thought process they leads to calling a COY with a top 15 winning percentage in NBA history "overrated.".

It's possible and that gaudy record was obtained against the same little sisters of the poor Eastern Conf that you have no trouble referencing now.

Why is it that you never cite the gaudy record attained while playing against a weaker East than exist today?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:41 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

It's possible and that gaudy record was obtained against the same little sisters of the poor Eastern Conf that you have no trouble referencing now.

Why is it that you never cite the gaudy record attained while playing against a weaker East than exist today?

Why are you lying about the east again? If hoiberg went 40-0 against the east I wouldn't use the east's weakness against him. But back to the topic: please explain your lies about the east.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:47 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

Why are you lying about the east again? If hoiberg went 40-0 against the east I wouldn't use the east's weakness against him. But back to the topic: please explain your lies about the east.

You have repeatedly implied that the Bulls are only better because they play in the East. Thibs's impressive record was obtained playing against an Eastern Conf that was much weaker than it is now. The Bulls as an 8th seed are much better than the 8th seeds of the Thibs era. Philly was garbage as hell and Indiana wasn't that good either.

Remember when they had to drum up Indiana merely so that Miami would have a "challenger"?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:49 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

You have repeatedly implied that the Bulls are only better because they play in the East. Thibs's impressive record was obtained playing against an Eastern Conf that was much weaker than it is now. The Bulls as an 8th seed are much better than the 8th seeds of the Thibs era. Philly was garbage as hell and Indiana wasn't that good either.

Remember when they had to drum up Indiana merely so that Miami would have a "challenger"?

Evidence please.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
They're right back in it :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

The East has sucked for what? 15 years? ...Thibs also has much More authority now, he's GM~Coach..he's got some talent on the roster and his job to get more talent this off season.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:13 pm 

NBA 2010-11 Regular Season Standings
http://www.landofbasketball.com/yearbyy ... ndings.htm

NBA 2012-13 Regular Season Standings

NBA 2011-12 Regular Season Standings

NBA 2013-14 Regular Season Standings

NBA 2014-15 Regular Season Standings

In 4 out 5 seasons that Thibs coached the Bulls the 8th seed had a losing record.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:20 pm 

eastern conference standings 2017 - Google Search
https://www.google.com/search?site=&sou ... nWHumcrWN8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:53 pm 

50 losses.

Lose at home to OKC despite the fact Westbrook Taj and Robertson don't play. All DNP-CD's.

4 of 5 starters play 35 minutes plus with Towns playing 40 and Wiggins playing 37.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:19 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hopefully there is improvement next season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:30 pm 

20 games under .500 for the year.

4-14 over the final 18 games.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

How far does his winning percentage have to drop before this argument no longer applies?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:59 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

How far does his winning percentage have to drop before this argument no longer applies?

This is his first losing season in six years of coaching. So for me it's premature to call him overrated after years of exceeding expectations in Chicago. How quick we forget he took a team comprised of Nate Robinson, Marco Belleneli, and other scrubs I can't remember to the second round of the playoffs as a fifth seed. He should be able to figure things out in Minny. If not then maybe he's a one hit wonder.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:14 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

This is his first losing season in six years of coaching. So for me it's premature to call him overrated after years of exceeding expectations in Chicago. How quick we forget he took a team comprised of Nate Robinson, Marco Belleneli, and other scrubs I can't remember to the second round of the playoffs as a fifth seed. He should be able to figure things out in Minny. If not then maybe he's a one hit wonder.

Fred Hoiberg has yet to have a losing season in the NBA.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:18 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

Fred Hoiberg has yet to have a losing season in the NBA.

This is the wolves thread. Maybe you can create a Hoiberg appreciation thread after you figure out why you're calling for the firing of a coach who "has yet to have a losing season in the NBA".

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:35 am 

20 games under this season. For all the hype and bluster surrounding his hire he bombed tremendously. 2 games better than an interim coach hired shortly before the start of last season.

They will be "better" next season barring injury but it is obvious to anyone that knows basketball that simply hiring Thibs is not the answer. Better will probably entail inching towards .500 but that's still far from championship contender.

Funny how the Wolves thread stuff creeps up also. The vast majority of Hoiberg dissing tended to always include a steady stream of Thibs lauding. Not now :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Tom Thibodeau is the second best coach in the league, and the Timberwolves will be a championship contender within the next 3 years.

This has nothing to do with Hoiberg, except for the fact that the Bulls would have been better than an 8 seed with Thibodeau.

Just because you are wrong on both topics does not mean they are connected.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:38 am 

IMU wrote:
Tom Thibodeau is the second best coach in the league, and the Timberwolves will be a championship contender within the next 3 years.

This has nothing to do with Hoiberg, except for the fact that the Bulls would have been better than an 8 seed with Thibodeau.

Just because you are wrong on both topics does not mean they are connected.

"Real" Wolves fans agree with me as evidenced by the comments section of their local newspaper.

Underneath it all lies a Wolves foundation facing a 'critical summer' | Star Tribune
http://m.startribune.com/comments/419335974/

Sure he'd have had the Bull better than an 8th seed just like you had him to have the Wolves better than a 13th seed! :lol:

Interesting to note that Vegas odds makers had them winning 10 more games this season than what they actually ended up winning. Oops!

Can you provide some more MCW analysis too?. I just love the way he is ripping it up as a starter for the Bull!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:53 am 

Has MCW ever played for Tom Thibodeau? No?

Comprehension or your lack of memory is the issue here, not any thoughts I have on MCW and wanting to see how he would perform on a Thibodeau team.

FACT: Point guards have their career years under Tom Thibodeau.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:02 am 

IMU wrote:
Has MCW ever played for Tom Thibodeau? No?

Comprehension or your lack of memory is the issue here, not any thoughts I have on MCW and wanting to see how he would perform on a Thibodeau team.

FACT: Point guards have their career years under Tom Thibodeau.

Yeah Rubio sure did and so did Kris Dunn.

So if you're to be believed then Jason Kidd (Hall of Fame point guard) is an idiot for not being able to unlock MCW and so is Hoiberg also NBA point guard. We just have to marry MCW with Thibs and all will be well.

And some wonder why I keep this going. Jim Jones's flock wasn't more brainwashed.

For the record look at the preseason predictions for each team according to Vegas odds makers.

Hoiberg exceeded his.

Thibs didn't and missed by country mile.

Vegas releases 2016-17 NBA season over/under win totals for every team
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssport ... -team/amp/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:04 am 

Uhh, Rubio did have a career year.

Michael Jordan is a Hall of Fame shooting guard. Does that make him a great GM? Why don't the Top 30 NBA players just coach the 30 teams?

Stop being fucking stupid.

jimmy Butler exceeded Vegas' predictions. Hoiberg was voted as the worst coach in the NBA.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:08 am 

IMU wrote:
Uhh, Rubio did have a career year.

Michael Jordan is a Hall of Fame shooting guard. Does that make him a great GM? Why don't the Top 30 NBA players just coach the 30 teams?

Stop being fucking stupid.

jimmy Butler exceeded Vegas' predictions. Hoiberg was voted as the worst coach in the NBA.

By a bunch of hack ESPN writers. This is the group that also gave us bullshit stats too.

Jason Kidd has done a better of job of coaching his team than Thibs has of coaching his.

This was a career year for Rubio either. He had a good two months. You'd know that if you were a real Wolves fan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:12 am 

Is calling people Timberwolves fan an insult you're trying to use?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:20 am 

IMU wrote:
Is calling people Timberwolves fan an insult you're trying to use?

I don't insult you do. You aren't a Wolves fan you're a Thibs apologist. That being the case explain the job he did for the Wolves this year.

Haven't quite gotten your thoughts on the matter.

When it comes down to it he bombed. No matter the spin job he flopped. Based on any metric you cite this was a terrible year. Thibs I'm referencing

All the hypothetical crap "put MCW in Thibs hands and he will be great" is immaterial.

He is a backup on just about any team in the league. If he is putting numbers then your team isn't shit (Philly). Decent backup and nothing more. Rondo doesn't seem to have any problems playing for Hoiberg.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:25 am 

long time guy wrote:

Underneath it all lies a Wolves foundation facing a 'critical summer' | Star Tribune
http://m.startribune.com/comments/419335974/

Did you just cite an anonymous internet comment to support an argument you're making? :lol: You'll rely on random comments and dismiss ESPN panels? How do we know you didn't write the comment yourself? :lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:29 am 

I need to cite BR commenters next time. I see what I did wrong.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next