It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No you're wrong. I can easily go back to last Summer when Rondo and Wade were signed. No one liked the signings as I recall.

I still don't like those signings now

Those signings made the Bulls 10 games better than the Wolves.

and exactly no one gives a fuck about that other than you

enjoy your 8 seed

And yet you cling to a team that finished behind Sacramento and hasn't been to the playoffs since G.W. was on his first term. You talk to me about interest level :lol:

yea i like them. no one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to watch them or discuss them. if you enjoy this Bulls team, great. Enjoy the playoff run

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:44 pm 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Towns is definitely gonna be a top 5 guy? I wouldn't say that at all. I'd rather have Jokic going forward.

Speaking of which shouldn't we start a thread about the young upstart Denver Nuggets? 1st year coach and they finished 9 games better than the Wolves. Do we have to wait for Thibs to become head coach for that to happen?

as far as I know you do have the ability to start a thread on this board if you want

I already have my young upstart team.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Towns is definitely gonna be a top 5 guy? I wouldn't say that at all. I'd rather have Jokic going forward.

Speaking of which shouldn't we start a thread about the young upstart Denver Nuggets? 1st year coach and they finished 9 games better than the Wolves. Do we have to wait for Thibs to become head coach for that to happen?

as far as I know you do have the ability to start a thread on this board if you want

the Bulls ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

bad take

We'll see I guess. They were roughly the same this year in terms of per 36 minutes and advanced metrics. All else being equal I'm always gonna take the guy with the more well rounded game.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:50 pm 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

the Bulls ?

Nope. Your Philadelphia 76ers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:52 pm 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No you're wrong. I can easily go back to last Summer when Rondo and Wade were signed. No one liked the signings as I recall.

I still don't like those signings now

Those signings made the Bulls 10 games better than the Wolves.

and exactly no one gives a fuck about that other than you

enjoy your 8 seed

And yet you cling to a team that finished behind Sacramento and hasn't been to the playoffs since G.W. was on his first term. You talk to me about interest level :lol:

yea i like them. no one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to watch them or discuss them. if you enjoy this Bulls team, great. Enjoy the playoff run

I never said they were. I'm not a fair weather Bulls fan either. I wish they were better but I'm not going to wait for them to get better in order to become "interested". That is not a badge of honor. Apparently some think it is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Go back and find it. You said you can do it easily. Go for it.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=101284&p=2505605&hilit=Rondo#p2505605

I'm not going back because I'm sure I could find something equally as contradictory as I did with Walt earlier.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fool.

"I can easily find it, but I won't! Take that! I showed these suckers!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:25 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.ph ... o#p2505605

I'm not going back because I'm sure I could find something equally as contradictory as I did with Walt earlier.

Fool.

I'd rather get your thoughts on Thibs. I remember you to be much more of a Thibs apologist. How do you explain the fact that they finished with a worse record than Sacramento?

You're also a rank hypocrite. You advocated for the acquisition of MCW while Hoiberg was coach. Pretty sure on that one. You saw him as the replacement for Rose. Now you think he can only be fixed if the great Thibs got a hold of him. That explanation is rather weak. Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:28 am 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=101284&p=2505605&hilit=Rondo#p2505605

Fool.

You are too much of a lightweight when it comes to basketball. Is this supposed to pass as an example of "Keen insight". "The Bulls will be better next season but worse after that". Is that your idea of a strong, definitive prediction? Where is the 7th-10th prediction? Which was still too much of a gap to mean anything.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:12 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:
If This can't get this team to 42 plus wins next year, I'm moving to team LTG and saying he's over rated and not a very good coach.

Matches had this one covered as well.

Yeah, real sound thought process they leads to calling a COY with a top 15 winning percentage in NBA history "overrated.".

It's possible and that gaudy record was obtained against the same little sisters of the poor Eastern Conf that you have no trouble referencing now.

Why is it that you never cite the gaudy record attained while playing against a weaker East than exist today?

Why are you lying about the east again? If hoiberg went 40-0 against the east I wouldn't use the east's weakness against him. But back to the topic: please explain your lies about the east.

You have repeatedly implied that the Bulls are only better because they play in the East. Thibs's impressive record was obtained playing against an Eastern Conf that was much weaker than it is now. The Bulls as an 8th seed are much better than the 8th seeds of the Thibs era. Philly was garbage as hell and Indiana wasn't that good either.

Remember when they had to drum up Indiana merely so that Miami would have a "challenger"?

Evidence please.

long time guy wrote:
NBA 2010-11 Regular Season Standings
http://www.landofbasketball.com/yearbyy ... ndings.htm

NBA 2012-13 Regular Season Standings

NBA 2011-12 Regular Season Standings

NBA 2013-14 Regular Season Standings

NBA 2014-15 Regular Season Standings

In 4 out 5 seasons that Thibs coached the Bulls the 8th seed had a losing record.

I think you're doing this wrong. You're supposed to provide evidence that supports your point, not mine. The standings from Thibs' reign when compared to Hoiberg's reign indicates that EC playoff teams had an average winning percentage of 59% during Thibs' era, which is higher than the win % of the past two years (58%). That means it was tougher to make the playoff cut during the days of Thibs. I guess your point is correct if we ignore the numbers.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:46 am 

That''s not a good metric because it is top heavy and weighted towards one or two teams. The bottom of the Eastern conference has been much better the past 2 seasons.. the 9th seed in the East had a .500 record. The Eight seed during Thibs's era was 6-8 games below .500 in 4 out of five years. Look at the teams below Miami this season. Cleveland and Boston'records are worst because they have to face a tougher Eastern Conference.

And then you're only citing Eastern conference playoff teams. Neat trick because it excludes the 9th seeds on down. 9th seed in the east has the same record as the 8th.

You've been making the rather fallacious argument that the East is worse now and you've fallen flat obviously. You're moving the goal post.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:23 am 

long time guy wrote:
That''s not a good metric because it is top heavy and weighted towards one or two teams. The bottom of the Eastern conference has been much better the past 2 seasons.. the 9th seed in the East had a .500 record. The Eight seed during Thibs's era was 6-8 games below .500 in 4 out of five years. Look at the teams below Miami this season. Cleveland and Boston'records are worst because they have to face a tougher Eastern Conference.

And then you're only citing Eastern conference playoff teams. Neat trick because it excludes the 9th seeds on down. 9th seed in the east has the same record as the 8th.

You've been making the rather fallacious argument that the East is worse now and you've fallen flat obviously. You're moving the goal post.

Not really - the numbers are clear. Please also note that you credited Hoiberg for not beating teams that had crappy records. You have a habit of dismissing evidence when it doesn't fit what you're trying to say. You also do this to direct quotes from players, which you dismiss in favor of narratives that you create in your own head. As far as Thibs goes, it's enough for me that I got you to admit that he exceeded expectations in all but one of his years as Bulls coach. We also agree on the disappointment that is his first year as the Wolves' coach.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:47 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Not really - the numbers are clear. Please also note that you credited Hoiberg for not beating teams that had crappy records. You have a habit of dismissing evidence when it doesn't fit what you're trying to say. You also do this to direct quotes from players, which you dismiss in favor of narratives that you create in your own head. As far as Thibs goes, it's enough for me that I got you to admit that he exceeded expectations in all but one of his years as Bulls coach. We also agree on the disappointment that is his first year as the Wolves' coach.

You are shifting it to serve your own purpose. From the beginning you argued that the East is weaker. Now you are arguing Eastern Conf playoff teams winning percentages are worse.

It's you that is changing it because quite obviously you are wrong. The strength of the Conference is determined by the teams at the bottom. 9-15 the East is better than it was during the Thibs years its irrefutable..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:51 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You are shifting it to serve your own purpose. From the beginning you argued that the East is weaker. Now you are arguing Eastern Conf playoff teams winning percentages are worse.

It's you that is changing it because quite obviously you are wrong. The strength of the Conference is determined by the teams at the bottom. 9-15 the East is better than it was during the Thibs years its irrefutable..

You brought up the east under Thibs to distract from the main argument you had no chance of winning: today's west being better than today's east. That's still true though yo aren't likely to admit. Like I said, I'm god with you admitting Thibs exceeded expectations four out of five years in Chicago.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:57 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You really never have agreed about him being disappointing during his first year either. You demonstrate hypocrisy by bashing Hoiberg for making the playoffs while praising Thibs for his whopping 2 game improvement.

You also provided the ready made excuse of East vs West yet you fail to explain how he failed to meet expecations by 10 games. You also fail to note how he could be worse than the lowly Sacramento Kings, a team currently tanking.

You tried the year away tactic after it became obvious that that weren't going to catch the Bulls this season. This after clearly stating that they would be better from day one.

As far as this goes you lack credibility because you overrate coaches I don't. I don't think that merely firing Hoiberg and replacing him with a better coach will make the Bulls title contenders. Problems go beyond him but your sole focus when you talk basketball seems to always be on whomever is coaching the team.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:03 am 

long time guy wrote:

As far as this goes you lack credibility because you overrate coaches I don't. I don't think that merely firing Hoiberg and replacing him with a better coach will make the Bulls title contenders. Problems go beyond him but your sole focus when you talk basketball seems to always be on whomever is coaching the team.

No, I don't think I overrate coaches. Like a scout I think you're too fixated on talent and therefore blind to the many other factors that go into a team's record on a year to year basis. In your paradigm Fred Hoiberg could coach the GS Warriors to six titles in a row because they are the most talented team in the league. That's not how it works in the real world. I never said replacing Hoiberg would make the Bulls contenders. I said a better coach would probably amount to 4-5 extra wins.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:03 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You brought up the east under Thibs to distract from the main argument you had no chance of winning: today's west being better than today's east. That's still true though yo aren't likely to admit. Like I said, I'm god with you admitting Thibs exceeded expectations four out of five years in Chicago.

There you go lying again. You like to cite quotes so it shouldn't be hard to find that one. I always concede that the West is better. The gap is closing is my argument and the facts support that. This is not the West of 5 years ago though for some reason you think that it is.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:04 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No, I don't think I overrate coaches. Like a scout I think you're too fixated on talent and therefore blind to the many other factors that go into a team's record on a year to year basis. In your paradigm Fred Hoiberg could coach the GS Warriors to six titles in a row because they are the most talented team in the league. That's not how it works in the real world. I never said replacing Hoiberg would make the Bulls contenders. I said a better coach would probably amount to 4-5 extra wins.

Why were the Wolves a disappointment this season?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:06 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Ask Bagels - he's more informed. I expect better performance out of Thibs-coached teams. He's earned that right and must live up to it. Do you think Fred Shinebox could coach the Warriors to titles?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:24 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Ask Bagels - he's more informed. I expect better performance out of Thibs-coached teams. He's earned that right and must live up to it. Do you think Fred Shinebox could coach the Warriors to titles?

Honestly I don't know. It's arguable as to whether Thibs could either. I can provide a myriad of reasons why Thibs would have trouble coaching that collection of players. He would struggle honestly.

Bagels is more informed and I'd venture to guess that we would agree about where the disappointment lie.

When it is all said and done Hoiberg did a better job of coaching his team than Thibs did of coaching his.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:31 am 

So you believe Hoiberg should be fired but have more confidence in him leading the warriors to titles than you do in Thibs? :lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:35 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
So you believe Hoiberg should be fired but have more confidence in him leading the warriors to titles than you do in Thibs? :lol:

You are arguing two different points. Let's stick to question. Do you think Thibs could coach the Warriors to titles?

I could argue a number of reasons why he would be a disaster.

Hoiberg would be a better fit for the Warriors frankly

Last edited by long time guy on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:40 am 

Thibs has been to an ECF before and lost to the MJ of this era that year. Yes I think he can lead teams to titles.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:45 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Thibs has been to an ECF before and lost to the MJ of this era that year. Yes I think he can lead teams to titles.

Not teams. Specifically the Warriors. He would struggle to coach that particular team and Hoiberg would be a better fit.

I have already disproved the myth that simply having him makes your team better. Also have gone a long way towards proving that he is overrated. We will see where we are at after next season.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Road record

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:55 pm 

long time guy wrote:
I'd rather get your thoughts on Thibs. I remember you to be much more of a Thibs apologist. How do you explain the fact that they finished with a worse record than Sacramento?

You're also a rank hypocrite. You advocated for the acquisition of MCW while Hoiberg was coach. Pretty sure on that one. You saw him as the replacement for Rose. Now you think he can only be fixed if the great Thibs got a hold of him. That explanation is rather weak. Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

Find. These. Posts.

When the Bulls got MCW I said something very close to

"Too late now that Thibodeau is gone."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:57 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Find. These. Posts.

When you first advocated for the trade Hoiberg was coach. It was last season.

You probably never thought they'd acquire the bum and once they did you placed the Thibs contingency in there. That won't fly guy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:24 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Find. These. Posts.

You probably never thought they'd acquire the bum and once they did you placed the Thibs contingency in there. That won't fly guy.

You're wrong. I definitely was fine with trading Snell for MCW, but my very first post when MCW joined the team is clear proof that the "Thibs contingency" always existed,

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:26 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Find. These. Posts.

You're wrong. I definitely was fine with trading Snell for MCW, but my very first post when MCW joined the team is clear proof that the "Thibs contingency" always existed,

You advocated for him to be a replacement for Rose during Rose's final season with the Bull. Hoiberg was coach at the time. That is what we disagreed about originally.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:40 am 

Then you just haven't been on the board very long. Go back and see my MCW posts during his rookie year. I am not responsible for your lack of information.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next