It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Topics of discussion to include the defensive prowess of Dunn, KAT dominance, Wiggins, coach Thibs, my guy Gorgei Dieng, playoff seeding, etc
Haters get shown the door

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=101052

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:06 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=101052

Not off to a good start here ...OUT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
:lol:

Sorry bagels. My bad.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:22 am 

nice road win last night
Huge game for Lavine
Dieng solid as well
Clippers up next, good to at least go into it off a win

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:56 am 

so-so weekend...got clobbered by the Clippers (to be expected) but came back nicely the next night to beat the Lakers behind a Wiggins 47

another tough matchup tonight w/ the Hornets

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:06 am 

that was a really tough loss last night
not panicking yet, but i have concern
they've had a bad pattern of taking big 1st half leads then coming out ice cold in the 2nd half....last night was no different, had a double digit lead going into the half that evaporated in the 3rd quarter
it was close down the stretch but the Wolves got way too 3 happy...shockingly, compared to previous years, they are shooting a good % from 3, but it was a 1-2 possession game in the final ~3 minutes, and they just started jacking up 3's when there was really no need to. Towns and Wiggins are decent enough, but in a close game down the stretch I want them taking the ball to the rim, not idling out by the arc.
I know inconsistency is going to be an issue with a young team, but they've someone got to find a way to be more disciplined down the stretch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:33 am 

Bagels wrote:
they've had a bad pattern of taking big 1st half leads then coming out ice cold in the 2nd half....last night was no different, had a double digit lead going into the half that evaporated in the 3rd quarter
it was close down the stretch but the Wolves got way too 3 happy...shockingly, compared to previous years, they are shooting a good % from 3, but it was a 1-2 possession game in the final ~3 minutes, and they just started jacking up 3's when there was really no need to. Towns and Wiggins are decent enough, but in a close game down the stretch I want them taking the ball to the rim, not idling out by the arc.
I know inconsistency is going to be an issue with a young team, but they've someone got to find a way to be more disciplined down the stretch

Seeing as you need a little action in the thread I thought I'd provided it for you. Half time adjustments are absolutely killing Thibs. Same thing that happened with the Bull. He prepares teams fairly well but in game and game to game not so good. It's why his teams underperform during the playoffs. This team is not going to reach 35 wins. If they don't it has to be a disappointment. Sam Mitchell would have had them playing better after 10 games.

Last edited by long time guy on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:43 am 

long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Seeing as you need a little action in the thread I thought I'd provided it for you. Half time adjustments are absolutely killing Thibs. Same thing that happened with the Bull. He prepares teams fairly well but in game and game to game not so good. It's why his teams underperform during the playoffs. This team is not going to reach 35 wins. If they don't it has to be a disappointment. Sam Mitchell would have had them playing better after 10 games.

:lol: i don't need any "action", if you don't want to post here don't post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Bagels wrote:

I'm still excited for the rest of their season. The emergence of Lavine as a 3 point threat is a nice surprise.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:48 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I'm still excited for the rest of their season. The emergence of Lavine as a 3 point threat is a nice surprise.

yea i've been pleased with his overall progress, at first he seemed to be a tweener, but with the improved shot has settled in nicely at the 2
it's nice to have Rubio back but i'd like to see some more out of Dunn...he played fairly well when Rubio was out but now that he's back he seems to be struggling a bit w/ the 2nd unit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:02 am 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:

:lol: i don't need any "action", if you don't want to post here don't post

Nah I will be chiming in from time to time. Have a TWolves "chubby" to quote the great Terry Boers. I like their talent plus I got to keep an eye on the Thibs for you. Got to make sure he doesn't scree it up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:06 am 

cool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:06 pm 

The Timberwolves are the youngest team in the league. To think there wouldn't be a learning curve in Thibs' first year is crazy talk. Once the whole team buys into the defensive system I think you'll see a major run by the Wolves at some point this season. The are so fucking talented.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:28 pm 

Thibs has many flaws as a coach. I never harped on the minutes thing much but I will criticize him for this one thing that is minutes telated. They are up 30 against a D League team and he still has the starters in at the 3 minute mark. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by doing this. His entire starting 5 in the game when the game is well decided. Just stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:19 am 

Thanks for the input.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:41 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Thanks for the input.

Anytime.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:45 am 

long time guy wrote:
It's why his teams underperform during the playoffs.

We already refuted this and got you to acknowledge that as well some time ago. Now you're bringing it up again? For shame...

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:11 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

We already refuted this and got you to acknowledge that as well some time ago. Now you're bringing it up again? For shame...

Your refutations weren't particularly effective. It's about to get ugly in about the next15-20 games.

It's obviously that people only want to talk Thibs when he isn't coaching. His greatness is only asserted when it can't be disproved.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:13 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Your refutations weren't particularly effective. It's about to get ugly in about the 15-20 games.

You acknowledged Thibs didn't "underperform" in the playoffs except for one year. Pick a lane my friend.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:18 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Your refutations weren't particularly effective. It's about to get ugly in about the 15-20 games.

You acknowledged Thibs didn't "underperform" in the playoffs except for one year. Pick a lane my friend.

I will concede the point on that one for right now and check in on that once they make the playoffs in a few years.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:29 am 

LTG ruining another thread.

Bagels better start a 3rd T'Wolves thread.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:53 am 

Douchebag wrote:
LTG ruining another thread.

Bagels better start a 3rd T'Wolves thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:32 am 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
So what's the deal here?

Only a select few are welcome in this thread? No critics allowed?

If that's the case, might as well go full on reddit with this thing and incorporate the upvote/downvote system so certain voices can't be heard.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Matches Malone wrote:
So what's the deal here?

If that's the case, might as well go full on reddit with this thing and incorporate the upvote/downvote system so certain voices can't be heard.

There is another Wolves thread

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:41 am 

Nas wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
So what's the deal here?

We need not mention the tragedies that occurred in the previous T'Wolves thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:41 am 

Nas wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
So what's the deal here?

Come on though, we're not talking religion or politics here. It's a Minnesota Timberwolves basketball thread. I think a little dissent is okay.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:46 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Matches Malone wrote:
Nas wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
So what's the deal here?

Come on though, we're not talking religion or politics here. It's a Minnesota Timberwolves basketball thread. I think a little dissent is okay.

Stay away from the pack.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:05 am 

Nas wrote:
Stay away from the pack.

I'm a lone wolf, homes.

A lone wolf.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next