It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:54 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Underneath it all lies a Wolves foundation facing a 'critical summer' | Star Tribune
http://m.startribune.com/comments/419335974/

Did you just cite an anonymous internet comment to support an argument you're making? :lol: You'll rely on random comments and dismiss ESPN panels? How do we know you didn't write the comment yourself? :lol:

I give my word :lol: Interesting how "real Wolves fans" tend to agree with me. Couldn't be more lockstep if I'd written it myself. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Underneath it all lies a Wolves foundation facing a 'critical summer' | Star Tribune

Did you just cite an anonymous internet comment to support an argument you're making? :lol: You'll rely on random comments and dismiss ESPN panels? How do we know you didn't write the comment yourself? :lol:

I give my word :lol: Interesting how "real Wolves fans" tend to agree with me. Couldn't be more lockstep if I'd written it myself. :lol:

How do you know an anonymous internet commenter is a real fan? Because he doesn't know what VORP is?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:41 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

How do you know an anonymous internet commenter is a real fan? Because he doesn't know what VORP is?

No because they can tell you about what goes on in an actual game.

They also aren't citing statistics from 6 years ago as a means of attesting to a guys greatness.

Hoiberg exceeds expectations and yet is a terrible coach!

Thibs drastically underperforms yet still considered great. Talk about your twisted logic.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ltg, some advice - stop going back to Hoiberg. He's a terrible coach and it only hurts your argument. The Wolves dramatically underachieved this year. Just stick to that argument in these threads.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
Ltg, some advice - stop going back to Hoiberg. He's a terrible coach and it only hurts your argument. The Wolves dramatically underachieved this year. Just stick to that argument in these threads.

No, he's doing just fine. Look, even people from Spanish-speaking countries are speaking out about Hoiberg's fantastic performance: http://www.thesportsbank.net/nba/bulls/ ... /#comments

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Here is the problem with the Hoiberg is terrible argument. Each of the guys making it believed that the Bulls would be a shitty team prior to the start of the season. They hated the roster. Hated the free agent signings.

Worst 3 point shooting in the league. Wade is over the hill. Rondo bad fit temperamentally and as a player. I don't believe any of the chief naysayers had the Bulls in the playoffs. This season is a train wreck and the Bulls are the worst franchise in the league. Remember that chatter?

Now they run around as if the Bulls are an underachieving team that has been destroyed by an inept coach. The narrative doesn't quite jive with the Results and it definitely doesn't jive with the preseason prognostications of message board analysts.

That is my issue. If Hoiberg were the train wreck that they suggested then there is no way in he'll this collection of guys gets to 41 wins. Regardless of how they got there they got there. He is probably a middle of the road coach at best. Not great but definitely not terrible.

I have some issues with how he coaches but I also see some good in how he coaches. He did a better job of coaching the Bulls this season than Thibs did of coaching the Wolves. There is no doubt about that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
The Bulls are a shitty team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:13 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Here is the problem with the Hoiberg is terrible argument. Each of the guys making it believed that the Bulls would be a shitty team prior to the start of the season. They hated the roster. Hated the free agent signings.

Worst 3 point shooting in the league. Wade is over the hill. Rondo bad fit temperamentally and as a player. I don't believe any of the chief naysayers had the Bulls in the playoffs. This season is a train wreck and the Bulls are the worst franchise in the league. Remember that chatter?

Now they run around as if the Bulls are an underachieving team that has been destroyed by an inept coach. The narrative doesn't quite jive with the Results and it definitely doesn't jive with the preseason prognostications of message board analysts.

That is my issue. If Hoiberg were the train wreck that they suggested then there is no way in he'll this collection of guys gets to 41 wins. Regardless of how they got there they got there. He is probably a middle of the road coach at best. Not great but definitely not terrible.

I have some issues with how he coaches but I also see some good in how he coaches. He did a better job of coaching the Bulls this season than Thibs did of coaching the Wolves. There is no doubt about that.

No Hoiberg is a fucking awful coach. He's not good at anything and his team despises him. I had the Bulls being pretty good this year and I think he's awful and one of the worst coaches in the league, so the first part of your post isn't correct.

Also, someone already mentioned this, but the problem with your logic is that many people who had the Bulls missing the playoffs this year had them doing so primarily because Hoiberg is such a bad coach.

Vinny Del Negro got similar results as Hoiberg during his stint here and he'll never be a head coach again. Hoiberg is awful. Every time you bring him into the argument, it kills your chances of winning the argument. Just stick to Thibs underachieving this year. There's really no counter argument to that. There's a million counter arguments to saying Hoiberg is a better coach.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:14 pm 

Bagels wrote:

Better than your Timberwolves :D

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:15 pm 

long time guy wrote:
I don't believe any of the chief naysayers had the Bulls in the playoffs.

You hella wrong young blood

viewtopic.php?p=2505458#p2505458

I had the Bulls anywhere from 7 to 10 in the East, from my pow wow with Nas and DB at Tesa at the beginning of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

this year, yes. In terms of future outlook, no

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No Hoiberg is a fucking awful coach. He's not good at anything and his team despises him. I had the Bulls being pretty good this year and I think he's awful and one of the worst coaches in the league, so the first part of your post isn't correct.

Also, someone already mentioned this, but the problem with your logic is that many people who had the Bulls missing the playoffs this year had them doing so primarily because Hoiberg is such a bad coach.

Vinny Del Negro got similar results as Hoiberg during his stint here and he'll never be a head coach again. Hoiberg is awful. Every time you bring him into the argument, it kills your chances of winning the argument. Just stick to Thibs underachieving this year. There's really no counter argument to that. There's a million counter arguments to saying Hoiberg is a better coach.

No you're wrong. I can easily go back to last Summer when Rondo and Wade were signed. No one liked the signings as I recall. You thought the Bulls would be better but I honestly believed you were trolling.

The We don't like the Bulls because of Hoiberg argument is frankly a copout. They were bashing the hell out of GarPax for signing Wade and Rondo. They hated the Roster and the coach.

Meanwhile the guy they loved had a worse recor than Sacramento. Mind you Sacramento traded their best player and lost their 2nd best player for much of the season.

This Wolves thing was a fucking train wreck.

nba standings 2017 - Google Search
https://www.google.com/search?site=&sou ... 6XmwjwPIgU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:22 pm 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

When it's all said done they had a worse record than the Sacramento Kings. 9 worse than Denver.

The Bulls will be better next season too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:22 pm 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

When it's all said done they had a worse record than the Sacramento Kings. 9 worse than Denver.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:23 pm 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

:lol:

I guess so. A decade of missing the playoffs can have its advantages I suppose.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:24 pm 

long time guy wrote:

No you're wrong. I can easily go back to last Summer when Rondo and Wade were signed. No one liked the signings as I recall.

I still don't like those signings now

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:25 pm 

long time guy wrote:

so you feel that KAT and Wiggins have reached their ceiling and that the Wolves are capable only of marginal improvement, yet you believe the Bulls will be better next year ? what's your reasoning for that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:26 pm 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No you're wrong. I can easily go back to last Summer when Rondo and Wade were signed. No one liked the signings as I recall.

Those signings made the Bulls 10 games better than the Wolves.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:26 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No you're wrong. I can easily go back to last Summer when Rondo and Wade were signed. No one liked the signings as I recall. You thought the Bulls would be better but I honestly believed you were trolling.

The We don't like the Bulls because of Hoiberg argument is frankly a copout. They were bashing the hell out of GarPax for signing Wade and Rondo. They hated the Roster and the coach.

Meanwhile the guy they loved had a worse recor than Sacramento. Mind you Sacramento traded their best player and lost their 2nd best player for much of the season.

This Wolves thing was a fucking train wreck.

nba standings 2017 - Google Search
https://www.google.com/search?site=&sou ... 6XmwjwPIgU

I wasn't trolling. I expected them to be good. And they would've been pretty good if they had even an average NBA head coach. Instead, you have Hoiberg benching Rondo for a third of the season when Rondo was clearly the best PG on the team.

Anyway, I gave you some good advice and it looks like you're ignoring it. That's a shame. You have a winning argument at your disposal in this thread and you're purposely going with a losing argument instead. Interesting.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:28 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

and exactly no one gives a fuck about that other than you

enjoy your 8 seed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:29 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Go back and find it. You said you can do it easily. Go for it.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=101284&p=2505605&hilit=Rondo#p2505605

Last edited by IMU on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:30 pm 

Bagels gonna have a lot of crow to eat when the Bulls shock the world and win the title this year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels gonna have a lot of crow to eat when the Bulls shock the world and win the title this year.

and then improve next year !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:33 pm 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

so you feel that KAT and Wiggins have reached their ceiling and that the Wolves are capable only of marginal improvement, yet you believe the Bulls will be better next year ? what's your reasoning for that

I think Rondo Wade have about another year in them.

As far as Towns and particularly Wiggins go yes I believe they are closer to reaching their ceiling. Wiggins is destined to be a one dimensional scorer and nothing else. He doesn't glass defend or pass nearly well enough to impact games. I say this as a guy that likes him by the way.

Towns will be the better player and definitely a top 5 guy going forward. He doesn't impact games defensively and has terrible shot selection. Shot selection can be corrected don't think defense can.

They will get better but the mistake people make with young players is that think the sky is the limit simply because a guy is young. They plateau too. If they are the guys that people here think then they don't get beat out by Sacramento in terms of wins. That shouldn't happen. They also lost 2 out of 3 to a directionless Laker team.

The they are young argument only goes so far. Wiggins has been in the league 3 years now. Towns 2.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:36 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Go back and find it. You said you can do it easily. Go for it.
http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.ph ... o#p2505605

I'm not going back because I'm sure I could find something equally as contradictory as I did with Walt earlier.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:36 pm 

Towns is definitely gonna be a top 5 guy? I wouldn't say that at all. I'd rather have Jokic going forward.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:38 pm 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

and exactly no one gives a fuck about that other than you

enjoy your 8 seed

And yet you cling to a team that finished behind Sacramento and hasn't been to the playoffs since G.W. was on his first term. You talk to me about interest level :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:39 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Towns is definitely gonna be a top 5 guy? I wouldn't say that at all. I'd rather have Jokic going forward.

bad take

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:40 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Speaking of which shouldn't we start a thread about the young upstart Denver Nuggets? 1st year coach and they finished 9 games better than the Wolves. Do we have to wait for Thibs to become head coach for that to happen?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Speaking of which shouldn't we start a thread about the young upstart Denver Nuggets? 1st year coach and they finished 9 games better than the Wolves. Do we have to wait for Thibs to become head coach for that to happen?

as far as I know you do have the ability to start a thread on this board if you want

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next