It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Brendan Haywood is fast becoming one of the best analysts in the game.

He presented an interesting observation regarding the adjustment teams have made with Ben Simmons. Teams are guarding him with bigs and simply giving room. rather than try and defend him with guards they are using bigs that simply challenge him at the rim. It seems like this adjustment is bothering him somewhat. He isn't scoring as much as he was earlier in the season. He is going to have to make an adjustment.

"interesting" and "observation" is the sort of verbiage that will never be used in conjunction with you.

Ben Simmons at LSU 1-3 3pt in 32 games
NBA 0-3 3pt in 33 games did ol' Brendan analyze that? Here's an interesting observation at the end of the year your ass is going to owe me a Benjamin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone knew Simmons couldn't shoot. That's not an astute observation.

Still early money on the bet and I have tbem fading soon. Very soon. You better hope Embiid gets hurt. Help in on the way in Philly. Philly has room to grow. Minnesota doesn't.

There is still an outside shot for me. A puncher's chance if you will.

This is how you started this thread"Philly has the best collection of young talent in the league. Embiid's a stud. Ben Simmons is for real (when he returns) Okafor will bring a nice haul in a trade at some point. Noel will net you a solid role player and Stauskas finally looks like a NBA player. Got a few moves to make but watch out world in about a year. I have them in the playoffs next season." A player that's the real dealthat can't shoot!?!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:42 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He presented an interesting observation regarding the adjustment teams have made with Ben Simmons. Teams are guarding him with bigs and simply giving room. rather than try and defend him with guards they are using bigs that simply challenge him at the rim. It seems like this adjustment is bothering him somewhat. He isn't scoring as much as he was earlier in the season. He is going to have to make an adjustment.

"interesting" and "observation" is the sort of verbiage that will never be used in conjunction with you.

NBA 0-3 3pt in 33 games did ol' Brendan analyze that? Here's an interesting observation at the end of the year your ass is going to owe me a Benjamin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still early money on the bet and I have tbem fading soon. Very soon. You better hope Embiid gets hurt. Help in on the way in Philly. Philly has room to grow. Minnesota doesn't.

This is how you started this thread"Philly has the best collection of young talent in the league. Embiid's a stud. Ben Simmons is for real (when he returns) Okafor will bring a nice haul in a trade at some point. Noel will net you a solid role player and Stauskas finally looks like a NBA player. Got a few moves to make but watch out world in about a year. I have them in the playoffs next season." A player that's the real dealthat can't shoot!?!

He is 6'10-7'0 (depending on whom you choose to believe) fast as hell with one of the more unique skill sets that the league has ever seen.

Guys like that can still be great. Check for Magic Johnson. He doesn't have to shoot threes.

You foolishly had him as a bust and tossed out guys like Yogi Ferrell (who?) as a means of discrediting him.

As stated previously interesting and observation will never be terms used in conjunction with anything you post.

Even in spite of evidence to the contrary you continue to promote the misguided theory that he isn't good. You sound foolish.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:56 am 

He presented an interesting observation regarding the adjustment teams have made with Ben Simmons. Teams are guarding him with bigs and simply giving room. rather than try and defend him with guards they are using bigs that simply challenge him at the rim. It seems like this adjustment is bothering him somewhat. He isn't scoring as much as he was earlier in the season. He is going to have to make an adjustment.[/quote]
Image[/quote]

"interesting" and "observation" is the sort of verbiage that will never be used in conjunction with you.[/quote]
NBA 0-3 3pt in 33 games did ol' Brendan analyze that? Here's an interesting observation at the end of the year your ass is going to owe me a Benjamin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

There is still an outside shot for me. A puncher's chance if you will.[/quote]
This is how you started this thread"Philly has the best collection of young talent in the league. Embiid's a stud. Ben Simmons is for real (when he returns) Okafor will bring a nice haul in a trade at some point. Noel will net you a solid role player and Stauskas finally looks like a NBA player. Got a few moves to make but watch out world in about a year. I have them in the playoffs next season." A player that's the real dealthat can't shoot!?![/quote]

He is 6'10-7'0 (depending on whom you choose to believe) fast as hell with one of the more unique skill sets that the league has ever seen.

Guys like that can still be great. Check for Magic Johnson. He doesn't have to shoot threes.

You foolishly had him as a bust and tossed out guys like Yogi Ferrell (who?) as a means of discrediting him.

As stated previously interesting and observation will never be terms used in conjunction with anything you post.

Even in spite of evidence to the contrary you continue to promote the misguided theory that he isn't good. You sound foolish.[/quote]
Comparing Simmons to Magic...shows your ignorance

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:58 am 

If he plays 10 years will more people compare him to Magic Johnson or Yogi Ferrell?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:07 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Quote:

If he plays 10 years will more people compare him to Magic Johnson or Yogi Ferrell?

If he plays 3 years will he be compared to Yogi Ferrell or Magic?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:09 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Quote:

If he plays 3 years will he be compared to Yogi Ferrell or Magic?

You see how stupid you sound? Didn't take long either.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:15 pm 

Actually Simmons Rookie numbers are similar to Magic's

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... sma02.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... obe01.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:21 pm 

long time guy wrote:

comparing 33 to 77 games....whatever

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:29 pm 

long time guy wrote:

You had no problem comparing him to Yogi Ferrell after 10. I doubt if anyone besides you believe that.

That Magic comparison sure does seem ignorant doesn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:50 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You had no problem comparing him to Yogi Ferrell after 10. I doubt if anyone besides you believe that.

That Magic comparison sure does seem ignorant doesn't it?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:17 pm 

Just so we're clear. It's ignorant to think of Ben Simmons as Magic Johnson like but not ignorant and stupid to think of him as Yogi Ferrell.

The essence of perpetually shitty cynic poster Walt!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

:lol:

What’s the bet?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:22 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Being a cynic YOU better hope Embiid doesn't get hurt

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What’s the bet?

I had Philly better than Minnesota this year. That was pre Butler deal.

I still like my chances anyway. Minnesota's waterloo is coming soon. Very soon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What’s the bet?

I had Philly better than Minnesota this year. That was pre Butler deal.

Getting Butler he isn't a top 50 player a ball stopper like Taj ooops they have him too

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:49 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Getting Butler he isn't a top 50 player a ball stopper like Taj ooops they have him too

That's actually why I still like my chances. It's a little tougher but it is not like they traded for Melo in his prime. He makes them better but a true top 10 guy would make them much better.

This ain't that. Philly is about 7 wins back. That's not insurmountable.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That's actually why I still like my chances. It's a little tougher but it is not like they traded for Melo in his prime. He makes them better but a true top 10 guy would make them much better.

This ain't that. Philly is about 7 wins back. That's not insurmountable.

well I love my chances...I'd rather be where I am than you are

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:11 pm 

Many good chances on both sides.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:16 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

you want the 76ers?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

you want the 76ers?

I do not.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

you want the 76ers?

I do not.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

you want the 76ers?

I do not.

:lol: :lol:

hilarious. Good luck to you and yours, ltg.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:20 pm 

Looked at their January schedule.....it's over! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:03 pm 

Embiid makes Brandon Roy look like Lou Gehrig :shock:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:44 am 

Awesome win tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:57 am 

W_Z wrote:
Awesome win tonight.

Got Phoenix today and Embiid is playing. Should win today but they are unpredictable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:01 pm 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ben-simmons-rookie-odds-turn-170255244.html

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:14 pm 

their draft
2014 Embiid 61 games in 3 years
2015 Okafor traded bust
2016 Simmons 38 games 2 years 0 3pters made jury still out
2017 Fultz 4 games can't even shoot head case ...bust

how's that for tanking

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:15 pm 

their draft
2014 Embiid 61 games in 3 years
2015 Okafor traded bust
2016 Simmons 38 games 2 years 0 3pters made jury still out
2017 Fultz 4 games can't even shoot head case ...bust

how's that for tanking

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:46 am 

https://deadspin.com/markelle-what-1822036847

I mean, what the fuck? So this guy basically just lost his talent Space Jam style? This doesn’t seem like an injury.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next