It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I dont know whether he is the best player in the draft or not. I think there are several guys that may end up being the best in the long run.

But I do know that if you have only watched a guy once you have no clue whether he is or isnt

Every mock draft I've seen since September had him as the No.1 overall pick. You usually don't see that type consensus on a guy unless he is good.

How many mock drafts you see I had never seen him higher than 4th....RFDC :lol: at 312 guy for having watched Fultz once the CSFB hoops guru never say him play only highlights :shock:

Which person was #1 then? At least I admitted it. What's your excuse? I'm sure you haven't seen him play either but it never quite stops you from voicing an opinion does it. If you see a guy play once that may be enough if you know your stuff and 312 does. He is a much better basketball guy than your perpetually shitty ass.

Shakes ...Wolfey ...and I were discussing the draft in a trade Butler thread much more informative than anything you contribute.

What? Asking whether the Bulls should trade Butler for a #3 and top 5 next year? That's informative in your basketball world idiot? It's a dumbass question presented by a dumbass poster

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=104350&p=2650438&hilit=fultz#p2650438 January champ January

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:10 pm 

Wolfley is usually solid. You're cynical and add little and Shakes rarely talks NBA from what i remember. Of the 3 guys talking hoops you are by far the least knowledgeable. You take silly ass potshots at me but I what I know about hoops is light years ahead the shit you typically spew. All you do is ad hominem. Without it you are about as much of a good read as a Dr. Seuss book.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:24 pm 

long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I dont know whether he is the best player in the draft or not. I think there are several guys that may end up being the best in the long run.

But I do know that if you have only watched a guy once you have no clue whether he is or isnt

Don't tell that to LTG, he's probably only seen half of the top 15 prospects in this draft and no more than 2 games most for the guys he has seen...yet willing to proclaim Jason Tatum as best player in the draft.

Just like you had no problem declaring Ball a stud before he'd even so much as participated in a Summer League game.

I've seen all of the top guys except Fultz. Saw highlights on him. I like Tatum better.

you mean a guy who I watched closely all year and saw at least 20 of his games? Yea, just like you.

Fucking clown.

I watched him at least 4 times and there isn't anything special about him. ONce he and his dumbass father flop i want your 20 times watching ass to own it you fucking idiot. It also doesn't take 5 years (maybe for you it does) to see that a guy isn't shit.

All you do is ad hominem...ah the pot calling the kettle black :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Don't tell that to LTG, he's probably only seen half of the top 15 prospects in this draft and no more than 2 games most for the guys he has seen...yet willing to proclaim Jason Tatum as best player in the draft.

Just like you had no problem declaring Ball a stud before he'd even so much as participated in a Summer League game.

I've seen all of the top guys except Fultz. Saw highlights on him. I like Tatum better.

you mean a guy who I watched closely all year and saw at least 20 of his games? Yea, just like you.

Fucking clown.

I watched him at least 4 times and there isn't anything special about him. ONce he and his dumbass father flop i want your 20 times watching ass to own it you fucking idiot. It also doesn't take 5 years (maybe for you it does) to see that a guy isn't shit.

you didn't watch him 4x you lying fuckhead. You posted a while back that you had only seen him play once, the Kentucky NCAA game. Don't make me get Brick to dig up your post history.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:54 pm 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Fucking clown.

you didn't watch him 4x you lying fuckhead. You posted a while back that you had only seen him play once, the Kentucky NCAA game. Don't make me get Brick to dig up your post history.

I watched him in high school and I watched him against Arizona and in the tournament too. I dissected his game during one of those post histories dumbass.

You asked that dumbass Butler ? (As if Boston would even consider that dumbshit)and got a pass. I guess fellow cynic Walt just couldn't muster up the interest to bash on that one.

I saw Jayson Tatum as a Sophomore in high school and knew he was a pro.

Which one will be the better pro Tatum or Ball?
For me it's no doubt Tatum.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Fucking clown.

All you do is ad hominem...ah the pot calling the kettle black :lol:

As usual you're woefully off. Mine is reactive yours is proactive. I know it's a tad difficult for you to comprehend the distinction, but please try at least.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:28 pm 

For the record Walt our bet is still live from my end. I'm a man of honor and integrity. I'm not a welcher. I still have Philly to be better though it's a little more suspect at this stage.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:36 pm 

long time guy wrote:
For the record Walt our bet is still live from my end. I'm a man of honor and integrity. I'm not a welcher. I still have Philly to be better though it's a little more suspect at this stage.

You know if I win I don't want your fuckin money.....I want your soul

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:38 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Who the fuck are you, Kevin Sullivan?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:57 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Who the fuck are you, Kevin Sullivan?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:02 am 

long time guy wrote:
This really isn't debatable at this point.

you're not one much for debate anyway. Suits just fine.

Ok Stephen Douglas Ben Simmons is the real deal...you watch any LSU games ??? He's got no outside game...the will be in the finals....never

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you thought no one was paying attention.

Time to start bumping some of the better of the basketball threads.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:54 am 

This team is starting to look pretty good. Simmons is great, but you can see the rookie in him at times. still makes some poor decisions when driving, but that will definitely improve the more confident he gets with his own offense. Last night he passed up a 4 footer to throw it out to a guy on the perimeter. You could tell he didn't feel comfortable with the 4 footer.

The real surprise though has been TJ McConnel. Guy has been nothing short of fantastic for them in a limited role. Playing great d and doing well offensively. 7ppg on 52 FG% along with 3 boards, 5 assists and 1.5 steals. You could argue he's been the 3rd best player on their team this year ahead of Covington and Bayless.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:01 pm 

If Fultz gets up to speed then this team may be dangerous this year. They need him so that Bayless can slide into the reserve role for which he is best suited. They will make the playoffs barring injury to Simmons or Embiid but they won't get out of the first round.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:37 pm 

shakes wrote:
This team is starting to look pretty good. Simmons is great, but you can see the rookie in him at times. still makes some poor decisions when driving, but that will definitely improve the more confident he gets with his own offense. Last night he passed up a 4 footer to throw it out to a guy on the perimeter. You could tell he didn't feel comfortable with the 4 footer.

The real surprise though has been TJ McConnel. Guy has been nothing short of fantastic for them in a limited role. Playing great d and doing well offensively. 7ppg on 52 FG% along with 3 boards, 5 assists and 1.5 steals. You could argue he's been the 3rd best player on their team this year ahead of Covington and Bayless.

8 game ROY

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:18 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Philly has the best collection of young talent in the league. Embiid's a stud. Ben Simmons is for real (when he returns) Okafor will bring a nice haul in a trade at some point. Noel will net you a solid role player and Stauskas finally looks like a NBA player. Got a few moves to make but watch out world in about a year. I have them in the playoffs next season.

are not getting shit for Okafor maybe Mirotic :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:10 am 

I was wrong on this but in fairness it was before I saw Simmons play a regular season game. I'm a huge fan of him and Saric. Obviously Embiid is great when healthy but I still don't think that'll ever happen on a consistent basis. I hope Fultz is great. Simmons can carry this team to multiple titles? I hope they surround him with the right pieces and coaches.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Noel never won anything and he looks like a backup at best to me. He has no game offensively an really isn't that impactful defensively either.

I'll be willing to bet you he starts more games than Okafor does over the next two seasons, sounds like an easy bet on your part based on your comments here.

I think at this point its safe to call the Noel vs Okafor bet a draw. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:20 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I was wrong on this but in fairness it was before I saw Simmons play a regular season game. I'm a huge fan of him and Saric. Obviously Embiid is great when healthy but I still don't think that'll ever happen on a consistent basis. I hope Fultz is great. Simmons can carry this team to multiple titles? I hope they surround him with the right pieces and coaches.

Leonard winning titles Boogie winning titles Westbrook winning titles Kryie winning titles here a title there a title everywhere a title

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:59 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Leonard winning titles Boogie winning titles Westbrook winning titles Kryie winning titles here a title there a title everywhere a title

Leonard and Kyrie have titles. You must have me confused with someone else, I'm the guy saying Westbrook won't win one. Not sure I ever said anything either way about Boogie.

Theres very little doubt Simmons will get more than one at some point.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Leonard and Kyrie have titles. You must have me confused with someone else, I'm the guy saying Westbrook won't win one. Not sure I ever said anything either way about Boogie.

Theres very little doubt Simmons will get more than one at some point.

no, that's me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:28 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Summer League Basketball validated him as a player. College basketball didn't. Just ask Walt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:32 am 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Summer League Basketball validated him as a player. College basketball didn't. Just ask Walt.

Simmons was the best college player ever :roll:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Huh? Hyperbole won't work pal. You had him as a flop based on his extremely short, non consequential college career.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:56 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Huh? Hyperbole won't work pal. You had him as a flop based on his extremely short, non consequential college career.

He still might be a flop....he's putting up Yogi Farrell like #'s and # 2 I ain't your fuckin pal

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:34 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He still might be a flop....he's putting up Yogi Farrell like #'s and # 2 I ain't your fuckin pal

Yogi Ferrell like numbers aye?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... obe01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... eyo01.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
15/7/13 for McConnell last night

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:45 pm 

Wizards are the first team to officially go with the Hack A Shaq strategy on Ben Simmons. He's 15-29 from the FT line. 76ers win by 4.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:53 pm 

TJ McConnell stinks. Fultz has got to get going and get going soon for Philly to take the next step. Bayless is a solid

backup. Colangelo is blowing it. Completely botched the Okafor trade. They should have been able to fetch more for the big man.

Amir Johnson is worthless. Terrible pickup.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:44 am 

long time guy wrote:
TJ McConnell stinks. Fultz has got to get going and get going soon for Philly to take the next step. Bayless is a solid

backup. Colangelo is blowing it. Completely botched the Okafor trade. They should have been able to fetch more for the big man.

Amir Johnson is worthless. Terrible pickup.
:cry: YOUR value of Okafor wasn't the same as the rest of the league....huge step backward with a home loss to the Lakers?!

I'm out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next