It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:06 pm 

312player wrote:
Starting to look pretty solid, could win the East next year.

Lebron will be in the finals until he gets seriously hurt or retires.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:18 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
sinicalypse wrote:
if you're a sixers exec/fan, do you want this young nucleus to keep on keeping on like they have in their recent 7-2 run (then they can even get ben simmons back and quite possibly even get better) and ultimately surge up to a #5-8 seed in the easy right FK'N now, knowing that they still have a lottery pick next year no matter what? or do you ultimately hope/want the kids to kind of cool down and keep it on the low so you can have 2 cracks at the lottery in the next draft and THEN it's ok to go out and play 7-2 type basketball more often than not?

If you're a Sixers executive, it's not really your choice to make, is it? The NBA essentially staged a coup of the franchise to remove the Ted Talk idiot who insisted on tanking for draft position year after year and salting the earth in a major market.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Embiid and Simmons out for the year. Saric still looks promising but the 76ers go through this shit every single year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I don't understand how this could have happened without Thibs being their coach.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:55 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
I don't understand how this could have happened without Thibs being their coach.

He is too busy taking years off Lavine's career to care about destroying theirs. Embiid could still play but what would be the point? He has already demonstrated that he is an all league talent and Simmons probably could go if needed. I wanted one more year of tanking and this fits in perfectly. Draft a solid prospect in the draft and make the playoffs next season. Trade Okafor too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

He is too busy taking years off Lavine's career to care about destroying theirs. Embiid could still play but what would be the point? He has already demonstrated that he is an all league talent and Simmons probably could go if needed. I wanted one more year of tanking and this fits in perfectly. Draft a solid prospect in the draft and make the playoffs next season. Trade Okafor too.

:lol: how is he taking years off Lavine's career ?

What's the point of Embiid playing ? Yeah, continuing a losing culture is great. Just keep losing and tanking. Why should he have even played at all this year then ? Then they could have been even worse! If he's able to go, he should go to get the time and experience. And if the injury is serious enough to warrant him being sat down and not just a covert way of tanking (again), that's obviously not good either. And yeah, real solid idea you have there to trade Okafor- i'm sure the Sixers weren't trying to, just another mess they've made. No question they have plenty of talent but it's not like it's any guarantee they'll all of a sudden morph into a playoff team all at once. The whole situation seems like a mess....and soon with all these wasted years you're going to start to have contract issues. Are you going to give Embiid a massive long term deal that you know he's going to be asking for ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:51 pm 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

:lol: how is he taking years off Lavine's career ?

What's the point of Embiid playing ? Yeah, continuing a losing culture is great. Just keep losing and tanking. Why should he have even played at all this year then ? Then they could have been even worse! If he's able to go, he should go to get the time and experience. And if the injury is serious enough to warrant him being sat down and not just a covert way of tanking (again), that's obviously not good either. And yeah, real solid idea you have there to trade Okafor- i'm sure the Sixers weren't trying to, just another mess they've made. No question they have plenty of talent but it's not like it's any guarantee they'll all of a sudden morph into a playoff team all at once. The whole situation seems like a mess....and soon with all these wasted years you're going to start to have contract issues. Are you going to give Embiid a massive long term deal that you know he's going to be asking for ?

Why wasn't "Thibs obsession" mentioned before commenting? I need to actually know that before I respond. Since this is a "No Thibs" zone why is it always appropriate for others to bring him up?

I never blamed the guy for injuries so that is a stupid comment.

Where is the mess? Philly has one of the most talented rosters in the league. Embiid can return from a meniscus tear. It is hardly a career ender. Everyone is gushing over TWolves but their record isn't much better and Philly hasn't had their top players on the court. Embiid has proven that he is a difference maker.

It was obvious what the other GM was attempting to do. He assembled the best collection of talent possible and knew that they'd eventually have to trade it at some point.

Dante Exum was drafted after Embiid and who knows if he is a starter in the NBA? I still take Embiid and hope that he stays healthy over a guy that still has yet to prove he can play in the NBA.

That is a good plan for Okafor actually.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
long time guy wrote:
It was obvious what the other GM was attempting to do. He assembled the best collection of talent possible and knew that they'd eventually have to trade it at some point.

Except his collection of players suck

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:30 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Except his collection of players suck

Obvious you haven't watched much of them this year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Jahlil Okafor is a bust.

Nerlis Noel was so valuable he netted a TOP 18 protected pick and some salary relief.

Embid is clearly a medical red flag at this point.

Maybe Simmons is a good guard, who knows.

What talent?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:29 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Jahlil Okafor is a bust.

Nerlis Noel was so valuable he netted a TOP 18 protected pick and some salary relief.

Embid is clearly a medical red flag at this point.

Maybe Simmons is a good guard, who knows.

What talent?

Stop it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:31 pm 

Which player analysis do you disagree with?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Embiid is the only true stud the Sixers have and he can't stay healthy. Towns and Wiggins are no more than 2 years away from stardom. Obviously the Sixers can hit home runs in this draft but right now the Wolves are positioned better. Dumping Noel was DUMB.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:46 pm 

Nas wrote:
Embiid is the only true stud the Sixers have and he can't stay healthy. Towns and Wiggins are no more than 2 years away from stardom. Obviously the Sixers can hit home runs in this draft but right now the Wolves are positioned better. Dumping Noel was DUMB.

No it wasn't as Noel isn't good. Saric just won Rookie of the month. I'd take a healthy Embiid over anyone on Minnesota's roster. Simmons is a player also. I'm confident in that. Their supporting cast is better than Minnesota and Okafor will have value once the season is over.

Kris Dunn looks like a bust too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:48 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

You left Saric out and Okafor isn't a bust either

I never had Noel valued high anyway

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:51 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

No it wasn't as Noel isn't good. Saric just won Rookie of the month. I'd take a healthy Embiid over anyone on Minnesota's roster. Simmons is a player also. I'm confident in that. Their supporting cast is better than Minnesota and Okafor will have value once the season is over.

Noel is good though. He's good at almost everything except scoring. He's definitely a useful player and probably a starting caliber center, and they gave him away.

I hope you're not serious about pumping up a guy winning rookie of the month. He's shown some promise but he's also a rookie averaging 11 ppg and shooting just 40%.

"A healthy Embiid" is starting to sound like an oxymoron.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You left Saric out and Okafor isn't a bust either

I never had Noel valued high anyway

At this point in their careers Noel certainly looks better than Okafor.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:54 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Okafor isn't a bust either

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:58 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Noel is good though. He's good at almost everything except scoring. He's definitely a useful player and probably a starting caliber center, and they gave him away.

I hope you're not serious about pumping up a guy winning rookie of the month. He's shown some promise but he's also a rookie averaging 11 ppg and shooting just 40%.

Noel never won anything and he looks like a backup at best to me. He has no game offensively an really isn't that impactful defensively either.

Saric is in consideration for Rookie of the year. Weak class but Philly's record is essentially the same As Minnesota's even with all the injuries.

Minnesota's young core should be further along record wise than they are. Wiggins can score but neither he nor Lavine effect the game in anyway besides that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:02 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Noel never won anything and he looks like a backup at best to me. He has no game offensively an really isn't that impactful defensively either.

Saric is in consideration for Rookie of the year. Weak class but Philly's record is essentially the same As Minnesota's even with all the injuries.

Minnesota's young core should be further along record wise than they are. Wiggins can score but neither he nor Lavine effect the game in anyway besides that.

Noel hasn't been in the league long enough to win anything. :lol:

But, he was also "in consideration" for ROY, since you seem to care about that. And of course he is impactful defensively. Youre simply lying or haven't really watched him if you are seriously going to argue he's not good on defense. I'll be willing to bet you he starts more games than Okafor does over the next two seasons, sounds like an easy bet on your part based on your comments here.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

But, he was also "in consideration" for ROY, since you seem to care about that. And of course he is impactful defensively. Youre simply lying or haven't really watched him if you are seriously going to argue he's not good on defense. I'll be willing to bet you he starts more games than Okafor does over the next two seasons, sounds like an easy bet on your part based on your comments here.

Depends on when and where Okafor is traded.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:04 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

He has been in the league longer than Saric

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:05 pm 

Okafor will essentially net a big pile of shit in any trade

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:05 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Depends on when and where Okafor is traded.

Not to me it doesn't. I actually believe the shit I say on here. :wink:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:06 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Okafor will essentially net a big pile of shit in any trade

Philly wasn't willing to give him up for that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:12 pm 

There isn't a doubt in my mind that Okafor is a better player than Noel. It's easy to make that bet given Dallas's center situation. Okafor could be stuck playing behind a better center.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:
There isn't a doubt in my mind that Okafor is a better player than Noel. It's easy to make that bet given Dallas's center situation. Okafor could be stuck playing behind a better center.

I'm pretty sure he's gonna have plenty of opportunity behind Greg Oden 2.0. But if he was a better players than Noel than he will fetch value in a trade and do well in his new spot.

I don't blame you for not making the bet though. It's just weak to blame it on circumstance. Noel is the better player today.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I'm pretty sure he's gonna have plenty of opportunity behind Greg Oden 2.0. But if he was a better players than Noel than he will fetch value in a trade and do well in his new spot.

I don't blame you for not making the bet though. It's just weak to blame it on circumstance. Noel is the better player today.

The unwillingness on the part of Philly to give Okafor (as they did Noel) away suggests strongly who they think the better player happens to be.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:24 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The unwillingness on the part of Philly to give Okafor (as they did Noel) away suggests strongly who they think the better player happens to be.

That's fine. That front office is run by a bunch of clowns, as evidenced by the whole Okafor trade debacle, so it really doesn't mean anything to me. I'm confident in my assessment. Confident enough to back it up with money.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Towns is the best player on either team. I need to see more toughness out of him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next