It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
There isn't a doubt in my mind that Okafor is a better player than Noel. It's easy to make that bet given Dallas's center situation. Okafor could be stuck playing behind a better center.

I'm pretty sure he's gonna have plenty of opportunity behind Greg Oden 2.0. But if he was a better players than Noel than he will fetch value in a trade and do well in his new spot.

I don't blame you for not making the bet though. It's just weak to blame it on circumstance. Noel is the better player today.

The unwillingness on the part of Philly to give Okafor (as they did Noel) away suggests strongly who they think the better player happens to be.

That's fine. That front office is run by a bunch of clowns, as evidenced by the whole Okafor trade debacle, so it really doesn't mean anything to me. I'm confident in my assessment. Confident enough to back it up with money.

Too many variables for me to take that bet.

To take it a step further in a weak draft Noel was taken 6th. In a strong draft Okafor was taken 3rd.

Noel is garbage as hell. Skinny shot blocker that really doesn't Block many shots doesn't glass an can't score.

He is garbage and his starting is more circumstantial than anything else. Sort of like Taj starting with the Bull

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:38 pm 

Nas wrote:
Towns is the best player on either team. I need to see more toughness out of him.

He isn't better than Embiid. Embiid is a bonafide difference maker.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
Towns is the best player on either team. I need to see more toughness out of him.

That's exactly what Towns is. He just doesn't play with the same intensity as Embiid. He does everything better except defend the rim. He's a young Tim Duncan.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:48 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's exactly what Towns is. He just doesn't play with the same intensity as Embiid. He does everything better except defend the rim. He's a young Tim Duncan.

Embiid is a legit 7'2 and plays like it. He shoots the 3 and is a force on defense. He also isn't the black hole that Towns is either. I'm a Towns fan though. His game can be a little too perimeter at times though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
A stretch 5!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
There isn't a doubt in my mind that Okafor is a better player than Noel. It's easy to make that bet given Dallas's center situation. Okafor could be stuck playing behind a better center.

I'm pretty sure he's gonna have plenty of opportunity behind Greg Oden 2.0. But if he was a better players than Noel than he will fetch value in a trade and do well in his new spot.

I don't blame you for not making the bet though. It's just weak to blame it on circumstance. Noel is the better player today.

The unwillingness on the part of Philly to give Okafor (as they did Noel) away suggests strongly who they think the better player happens to be.

That's fine. That front office is run by a bunch of clowns, as evidenced by the whole Okafor trade debacle, so it really doesn't mean anything to me. I'm confident in my assessment. Confident enough to back it up with money.

To take it a step further in a weak draft Noel was taken 6th. In a strong draft Okafor was taken 3rd.

Noel is garbage as hell. Skinny shot blocker that really doesn't Block many shots doesn't glass an can't score.

He is garbage and his starting is more circumstantial than anything else. Sort of like Taj starting with the Bull

:lol:

Who gives a shit where they got drafted? That type of logic will have you saying Derrick Williams is better than Kawhi Leonard.

The rest of your post is some bullshit that you don't even believe, as evidenced by your unwillingness to take the bet.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:17 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Who gives a shit where they got drafted? That type of logic will have you saying Derrick Williams is better than Kawhi Leonard.

The rest of your post is some bullshit that you don't even believe, as evidenced by your unwillingness to take the bet.

:lol: I like your style with this one. It has sucker bet written all over it.

1.Philly has yet to trade Okafor which means he could still be on the team when Embiid returns.

2. Noel is on a team with garbage bigs which means he will start by default. Okafor could be traded to a team with a quality big which means he may have to backup. Noel has already been moved. We know what Dallas has at the position.

3. Okafor could get hurt.

Too many variables at work. No go on that one

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:32 am 

There's like three good centers in the entire league and I guess poor Okafor is just gonna get stuck playing behind them his whole career, huh?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:54 am 

FavreFan wrote:
There's like three good centers in the entire league and I guess poor Okafor is just gonna get stuck playing behind them his whole career, huh?

There are about 10 that are currently better just off the top of my head. I haven't thought that long and hard about it to be honest. I will simply say this. WhIle on the same team Philly thought Okafor was clearly the better player. Don't think much has changed in the span of a week.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:50 am 

i just think the sixers are a poorly constructed team. they remind me of the mid 2000 Bobcats, always trying to find a long SF and missing on all of them. biggest bust was probably morrison, but josh childress was a disappointment too.

like i said, they keep drafting injured guys. they can't really expect great things.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:47 am 

W_Z wrote:
i just think the sixers are a poorly constructed team. they remind me of the mid 2000 Bobcats, always trying to find a long SF and missing on all of them. biggest bust was probably morrison, but josh childress was a disappointment too.

like i said, they keep drafting injured guys. they can't really expect great things.

Embiid is the only one that worries me long term. He plays recklessly. I still would have drafted him. There weren't many guys taken after him that look like solid NBA players. If he remains healthy he will be a perennial all star. You don't pass up a chance to take the best player out of the draft unless you have guys that are comparable.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:36 pm 

i just want to see what happens. that's been the most frustrating thing. this team needs to manifest itself before you can figure out what you can do for the future. they have a lump of clay, and it needs to form into a mold of some kind.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:19 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

There are about 10 that are currently better just off the top of my head. I haven't thought that long and hard about it to be honest. I will simply say this. WhIle on the same team Philly thought Okafor was clearly the better player. Don't think much has changed in the span of a week.

Alright. The starting thing doesn't matter, I was just saying he's clearly a starting caliber C and that will show over the near and long term future.

He's gonna be better than Okafor in almost every category except ppg over the next few years and probably career. Rpg, TRB%, spg, bpg, apg, Ast%, PER, Win Shares, WS/48, Box +\-, VORP, etc

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Alright. The starting thing doesn't matter, I was just saying he's clearly a starting caliber C and that will show over the near and long term future.

He's gonna be better than Okafor in almost every category except ppg over the next few years and probably career. Rpg, TRB%, spg, bpg, apg, Ast%, PER, Win Shares, WS/48, Box +\-, VORP, etc

I don't think he will be better assisting. Noel is terrible offensively. Doesn't have one move in the low post. I'm absolutely confident that Okafor will be the better player. He is now and going forward. Noel is destined to be an "energy" guy off the bench. He just happens to play on a team that is rebuilding and has no center. He is a default starter.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:02 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't think he will be better assisting. Noel is terrible offensively. Doesn't have one move in the low post. I'm absolutely confident that Okafor will be the better player. He is now and going forward. Noel is destined to be an "energy" guy off the bench. He just happens to play on a team that is rebuilding and has no center. He is a default starter.

If you're confident make the bet on any of those statistics. Btw, Noel is averaging 1.6 apg, and a 9.9 AST%, and Okafor is averaging 1.1 APG with a 8.3AST% for their career so far.

The fact is you're not confident Okafor is going to be the better player, because there is no evidence of that. You're just stubborn and backed yourself into a corner here. That's why you won't bet on any of the many other stats outside of ppg. Don't claim it's about starting now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If you're confident make the bet on any of those statistics. Btw, Noel is averaging 1.6 apg, and a 9.9 AST%, and Okafor is averaging 1.1 APG with a 8.3AST% for their career so far.

The fact is you're not confident Okafor is going to be the better player, because there is no evidence of that. You're just stubborn and backed yourself into a corner here. That's why you won't bet on any of the many other stats outside of ppg. Don't claim it's about starting now.

Let's revisit this once Okafor is traded (likely the offseason). I will take you up on a friendly wager. I will probably go with PER as the metric of choice.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:40 pm 

Fair enough. To be clear, we are talking about the NBA here. You don't win the potential bet if Okafor is MVP in China or the NBDL two years from now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:11 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Fair enough. To be clear, we are talking about the NBA here. You don't win the potential bet if Okafor is MVP in China or the NBDL two years from now.

We probably should bet on which one is exiled first the way it's going.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:37 pm 

If he's healthy Noel will play for another 12+ years in the league and start most of them.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:24 am 

FavreFan wrote:
If he's healthy Noel will play for another 12+ years in the league and start most of them.

Noel stinks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:27 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's

I think Noel will be a solid rotation guy for sure, maybe not a superstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:14 am 

Bagels wrote:

I think Noel will be a solid rotation guy for sure, maybe not a superstar

That is about where I have him too. 7-8 man on a good team at best. If he is your starting center playing starters minutes you are in trouble. He is too limited offensively and the skinny -box haircut thing that he has going makes it look like he is a major disrupter on D. He isnt. OK defender but there are plenty of guys in the league better defensively.

Once Okafor lands somewhere else preferably a veteran team you can check him for 18-20 a game and about 8-9 boards a game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
long time guy wrote:

Once Okafor lands somewhere else preferably a veteran team you can check him for 18-20 a game and about 8-9 boards a game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:27 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
long time guy wrote:

:lol: He avg. 17 and 7 as a rookie on a team that really didn't get him the ball and had very poor guard play. Don't now how 18-20 and 8-9 would be laughable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
This really isn't debatable at this point.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
now Okafor has missed last two games with a sore knee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:24 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:

you're not one much for debate anyway. Suits just fine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:38 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Ok Stephen Douglas Ben Simmons is the real deal...you watch any LSU games ??? He's got no outside game...the will be in the finals....never

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:09 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Ok Stephen Douglas Ben Simmons is the real deal...you watch any LSU games ??? He's got no outside game...the will be in the finals....never

You probably say that about every team in the league. Bitter pill for a bitter man once someone actually screws up the theory by making it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:04 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You probably say that about every team in the league. Bitter pill for a bitter man once someone actually screws up the theory by making it.

I'm not bitter...seeing a Pro team tank and not be any better makes me bitter....if you think they have better young talent than the T Wolves you are wrong...and even in your convoluted mind they are I don't see them contending for a long time....I'm not bitter I'm realistic

I'm out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next