It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:29 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
TJ McConnell stinks. Fultz has got to get going and get going soon for Philly to take the next step. Bayless is a solid

backup. Colangelo is blowing it. Completely botched the Okafor trade. They should have been able to fetch more for the big man.

Amir Johnson is worthless. Terrible pickup.
:cry: YOUR value of Okafor wasn't the same as the rest of the league....huge step backward with a home loss to the Lakers?!

His value equates to whatever he happened to fetch in trade. I think the Nets got a steal. His value is Trevor Booker. Means he really didnt have much value.

We will see what type of player he turns out to be going forward. Philly blew it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
TJ McConnell stinks. Fultz has got to get going and get going soon for Philly to take the next step. Bayless is a solid

backup. Colangelo is blowing it. Completely botched the Okafor trade. They should have been able to fetch more for the big man.

Amir Johnson was signed because they had the cap space and he’s considered one of the best veteran/locker room guys in the league. He wasn’t ever expected to contribute much on the court.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

:cry: YOUR value of Okafor wasn't the same as the rest of the league....huge step backward with a home loss to the Lakers?!

His value equates to whatever he happened to fetch in trade. I think the Nets got a steal. His value is Trevor Booker. Means he really didnt have much value.

We will see what type of player he turns out to be going forward. Philly blew it.

Actually, Trevor Booker is worth Okafor AND a second round pick. Okafor is worth a fraction of Booker.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:25 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Amir Johnson was signed because they had the cap space and he’s considered one of the best veteran/locker room guys in the league. He wasn’t ever expected to contribute much on the court.

Get the cap thing but he is the primary backup to Embiid. Those minutes should have gone to Okafor. In the limited minutes that Okafor received he looked much better than Johnson. The Celtics stopped playing Johnson during the playoffs last season because he was horrible. That 11 mil could have been better spent. They need for him to give quality minutes off the bench and he is incapable of doing it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:26 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Most trade analysts believe that Okafor's value was much greater than Booker's.

Actually, Trevor Booker is worth Okafor AND a second round pick. Okafor is worth a fraction of Booker.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
long time guy wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Most trade analysts believe that Okafor's value was much greater than Booker's.

long time guy wrote:
His value equates to whatever he happened to fetch in trade.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:38 pm 

TJ McConnell is not that good of a basketball player and he ices Ben Simmons out way too much.

He runs to the ball each and every time. He never defers to Ben Simmons.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:56 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
If he's healthy Noel will play for another 12+ years in the league and start most of them.

Does this qualify as an "asanine thought"?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:58 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
If he's healthy Noel will play for another 12+ years in the league and start most of them.

Asinine. And yes, it does.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Asinine. And yes, it does.

Thank you my man. You are a sage and a scholar. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
trust the process Image

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:29 am 

trust the process Image

This is just too damn easy!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:33 pm 

trust the process Image

:lol:

My guy!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:01 pm 

Booker’s giving them some solid minutes tonight.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:56 am 

Embiid is the key to this whole thing. 1-6 without him. Simmons is a stud but he is going to have to shoot free throws better. 50% at the line isn't going to cut it. It's definitely not going to cut it for a guy playing the point. I don't care if he ever gets a 3 point shot but he has to get better at the line.

If Embiid is going to be a guy missing 25-30% of his games every year then there no way this thing works.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
long time guy wrote:
Embiid is the key to this whole thing. 1-6 without him. Simmons is a stud but he is going to have to shoot free throws better. 50% at the line isn't going to cut it. It's definitely not going to cut it for a guy playing the point. I don't care if he ever gets a 3 point shot but he has to get better at the line.

If Embiid is going to be a guy missing 25-30% of his games every year then there no way this thing works.

ding!

I'll give you a preview: it doesn't work most seasons. It's Bill Walton all over again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:40 am 

long time guy wrote:

It's their first year doing this. I don't think Embiid will ever be reliable but Simmons will improve a lot, and they should be able to upgrade the roster around him and Embiid from what it's at now. That Embiid contract is going to hurt though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:44 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Embiid hasn't proven he can play 75-82 games a year until he does that is just a wasted pick .As for Simmons you should be thrilled another Rondo. Plus the coach Brown showed his inability to coach with a lead :bounce:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:34 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Embiid hasn't proven he can play 75-82 games a year until he does that is just a wasted pick .As for Simmons you should be thrilled another Rondo. Plus the coach Brown showed his inability to coach with a lead :bounce:

Now Simmons is Rondo. First he was a bust. Then he was Yogi Ferrell. Now he is Rondo. At least he is ascending.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:36 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:

ding!

I'll give you a preview: it doesn't work most seasons. It's Bill Walton all over again.

So, to be clear, you think the Sixers won't be good most seasons if Embiid isn't healthy?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Now Simmons is Rondo. First he was a bust. Then he was Yogi Ferrell. Now he is Rondo. At least he is ascending.

You just shut up wrong on the Sixers wrong on the Thunder wrong on Carmelo......crawl back in your hole.....if you watched Simmons at LSU you would have
known he couldn't shoot....oh yeah Lebron doesn't have game.....shut up

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:45 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It's their first year doing this. I don't think Embiid will ever be reliable but Simmons will improve a lot, and they should be able to upgrade the roster around him and Embiid from what it's at now. That Embiid contract is going to hurt though.

They blew it with Okafor and trading potentially 2 top 5 picks for Fultz may be turn out to be the wrong move. Hinkie set them up to be sweet for 8-10 and that dumbass Colangelo is blowing it. It is not even fair to blame the "The Process" since the guy that constructed it is no longer around. Fultz had better turn out or this thing may go South fast.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:49 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

They blew it with Okafor and trading potentially 2 top 5 picks for Fultz may be turn out to be the wrong move. Hinkie set them up to be sweet for 8-10 and that dumbass Colangelo is blowing it. It is not even fair to blame the "The Process" since the guy that constructed it is no longer around. Fultz had better turn out or this thing may go South fast.

It won't go too far south. They'll be up and down this year but even if Fultz sucks and Embiid never stays healthy, they have Simmons. They'll win 50+ games every year they have him starting next year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:02 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Nov.20th 2016 Sixers .best young talent in the league
Dec 20th 2017 this thing may go South fast

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:06 pm 

I don't even agree with Walt on this but that's funny

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:16 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Nov.20th 2016 Sixers .best young talent in the league
Dec 20th 2017 this thing may go South fast

I'm still going to win the bet Gifmeister.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:20 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Simmons won't be enough to carry Philly. They won't be drafting in the top five anymore either. They have to make good on Fultz. Everything hinges on Simmons health of Embiid and Fultz being solid. If that occurs they are in the mix. You love Simmons and I am a big fan. You are going to need more than him though.

I don't have faith in Colangelo either. He is making too many boneheaded moves for me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:23 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Simmons won't be enough to carry Philly. They won't be drafting in the top five anymore either. They have to make good on Fultz. Everything hinges on Simmons health of Embiid and Fultz being solid. If that occurs they are in the mix. You love Simmons and I am a big fan. You are going to need more than him though.

I don't have faith in Colangelo either. He is making too many boneheaded moves for me.

Well, what are we talking here? I think he's good enough to carry them to the playoffs without Embiid. He can't carry them to a title by himself because basketball doesn't really work that way.

But yeah, you need more than Simmons. That's what Free Agency and the draft is for. If you're a superstar free agent, I would have to think Ben Simmons is number 1 on your list of guys you want to play with.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:

ding!

So, to be clear, you think the Sixers won't be good most seasons if Embiid isn't healthy?

the Sixers will be just good enough to make the playoffs in the East if Embiid is somewhat healthy. Thereby they miss out on another really good draft possibility and from here on out they're an also ran in the East for the next 3-4 years. I don't consider that to be "good", others might.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:26 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:

ding!

the Sixers will be just good enough to make the playoffs in the East if Embiid is somewhat healthy. Thereby they miss out on another really good draft possibility and from here on out they're an also ran in the East for the next 3-4 years. I don't consider that to be "good", others might.

No, I don't consider that good. Obviously I also don't agree with it.

They have Simmons. They have their franchise changing superstar. There should be no more talk of "they miss out on another really good draft possibility". No more tanking.

A healthy Simmons will guarantee 50 wins regardless of the roster around him starting next year. He's just getting his feet wet and can't shoot for shit and he's already dominating.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next