It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:21 pm 

Philly has the best collection of young talent in the league. Embiid's a stud. Ben Simmons is for real (when he returns) Okafor will bring a nice haul in a trade at some point. Noel will net you a solid role player and Stauskas finally looks like a NBA player. Got a few moves to make but watch out world in about a year. I have them in the playoffs next season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Coaching

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm 

Nas wrote:
Coaching

I think Brown is a decent coach but he has been dealt a bad hand. They have tanked for years but I think they are ready to compete now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:45 pm 

Given their injury history, I better trust the Twolves and Bucks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:

In 5 years I can see the Wolves and Sixers being the best in both conferences. Obviously injuries can change all of that.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:05 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

Yeah that is the one thing you worry about. Each of their top picks has already had a major injury.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:17 pm 

the Sixers won't draft you unless you enter the league on IR.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:24 pm 

W_Z wrote:
the Sixers won't draft you unless you enter the league on IR.

It does seem like they draft for the express purpose of winning the 2050 championship but I think with Embiid and Simmons you have two franchise type talents. They have good trade bait and actually solid role players now. I think they are ready to compete but it's all predicated on what they do with Okafor and how much do they want to lose this year. I think one more tank (this season) and they are set.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
how long are these minutes restrictions in place for, the whole year ? i wonder if they build up some wins and actually have a shot at the playoffs if there will be pressure to loosen them

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
They have a very long ways to go in terms of filling out that roster but yeah I agree, if you draft in the top 3 for 8 straight years you should eventually be good.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
And best collection of young talent in the league is by far the T Wolves.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
This thread is about trolling Timberwolves fans, and questing for the one thing LTG lusts for more than anything else... Debate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:34 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
This thread is about trolling Timberwolves fans, and questing for the one thing LTG lusts for more than anything else... Debate.

Actually it is not. I could care less about the TWolves to be honest. I like their players actually. I watch and like basketball and Embiid looks like a stud. I think that Philly is about to turn the corner. Embiid is much better than I thought coming out of college. I watch their games because of Okafor but I think he has to be moved. Embiid is better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:37 am 

FavreFan wrote:
They have a very long ways to go in terms of filling out that roster but yeah I agree, if you draft in the top 3 for 8 straight years you should eventually be good.

They have to improve their guard play. I think it is clear they want to build around Embiid and Simmons. Haven't seen much in Saric for all the hype he got. They have tradeable assets and I think they should tank this year in order to get a high pick. This will be a good draft. They will be ready to take off after that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
I think they should tank this year in order to get a high pick. This will be a good draft. They will be ready to take off after that.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:33 am 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I think they should tank this year in order to get a high pick. This will be a good draft. They will be ready to take off after that.

:lol:

Cubs model works fine for me in this case. I think they agree too. Their best players are either on minutes restrictions or out with injuries.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:38 pm 

Just might be a good time to revisit this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Embiid and Simmons are great building blocks, but if any team can rival the T'wolves collection of young talent it's the Jazz.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:55 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Embiid and Simmons are great building blocks, but if any team can rival the T'wolves collection of young talent it's the Jazz.

Sixers talent is better than the Wolves right now and the Jazz talent isn't really that young. Their core is in their mid to upper 20's. Guys like Hood and Favors are good role players and that's it. None of the guys on their team will be top 20. Embiid will be a top 5 player in a couple of years.
Philly is for real and once they move Okafor and Noel they will be even better.

As far as Embiid and Towns I take Embiid. He is that good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I still cannot get my head around a league where so many top prized draft picks end up being essentially worthless. In this case the college and pre draft talk about Okafor versus this reality now is incredible.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:25 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

Simmons is still an unknown because of his injury. trust me, i'm looking forward to seeing what he can do on the court. but i'm not going to tout them as anything but a young team right now with a clear star.

they will have some great trade bait though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
I still cannot get my head around a league where so many top prized draft picks end up being essentially worthless. In this case the college and pre draft talk about Okafor versus this reality now is incredible.

I think the NBA in particular depends a lot on physical traits. You have people of average height and athleticism succeeding in other sports, but the NBA is a tough league if you're not either really tall or really athletic to start.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
veganfan21 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I think the NBA in particular depends a lot on physical traits. You have people of average height and athleticism succeeding in other sports, but the NBA is a tough league if you're not either really tall or really athletic to start.

I understand that. But with a talent pool of everything in college ball and now the entire world of athletes it is the weirdest of league drafts. With all those bodies to scout or discover basically anything out of the top 5 are "guys" or worthless and some in the top 5 are too.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:42 am 

pittmike wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I understand that. But with a talent pool of everything in college ball and now the entire world of athletes it is the weirdest of league drafts. With all those bodies to scout or discover basically anything out of the top 5 are "guys" or worthless and some in the top 5 are too.

There are a ton of worthless guys to be sure, but are the numbers any different than other leagues (besides football, where guys off the street can enter the HoF) once we adjust for total number of players, etc? Typically the best teams are led by a lottery pick or maybe more, and bolstered by quality supporting players who were mid round or late picks.

I should have also said earlier that while you have to be tall and or really athletic to qualify as a top NBA pick, or even a NBA pick it all, it's a whole different ballgame when it comes to leveraging those traits when trying to master the actual game. I think that's where you see failure: tall and athletic dudes just not being good players. Tyrus Thomas is an example close to home. There are several failed Tyrus Thomas types who just didn't know how to play, or how to play in ways that optimized their height and athleticism. It's sort of like drafting a QB with the right height, arm strength, accuracy, only to find out that he just doesn't know how to play the position.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:08 am 

pittmike wrote:

I get what you are saying about the top guys Mike but Okafor isn't a bust. He probably has the best low post game in the league. If he doesn't have the best then he has one of the best. The problem for him is that Embiid is just better.

If Okafor is moved he will be a starting Center. He will possibly make an All Star game or 2.

As far as top guys not panning out there may be something too it but no one has as many flops as the NFL. They also have more players than anyone but lets just look at the top 10 guys for both. NFL probably has more top 10 guys fail than anyone. Baseball guys flop too.

The NBA is the hottest thing smoking when you factor in the global market. The value of NBA teams has skyrocketed over the past 5 years. I'm biased because it's my favorite sport but the interest in the league is there right now.

They do have to get the one and done thing together. It is a pockmark on the NBA house

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
well hey, you know after all of their crazy-high picks (*rimshot*) you figure this is supposed to happen.

i saw a tweet yesterday that pointed out that the sixers have won 7/9, ben whatshisface... simmons? (dude from LSU) hasn't even played a minute yet, and oh yeah the sixers are going to have 2 lottery picks in next year's draft (tho i assume this has the currently 14-26 sixers missing the playoffs to achieve that?)

that last bit leads to what i figure is a pretty good question: if you're a sixers exec/fan, do you want this young nucleus to keep on keeping on like they have in their recent 7-2 run (then they can even get ben simmons back and quite possibly even get better) and ultimately surge up to a #5-8 seed in the easy right FK'N now, knowing that they still have a lottery pick next year no matter what? or do you ultimately hope/want the kids to kind of cool down and keep it on the low so you can have 2 cracks at the lottery in the next draft and THEN it's ok to go out and play 7-2 type basketball more often than not?

as i ponder this "issue" here i can't help but hear dan bernstein's voice in my head saying "you're not going to beat lebron. how does losing another lottery pick get you closer to a championship?" (with the obvious answer being that it might be worth it to give this young/burgeoning nucleus/team some proper "WE CAN DO IT" confidence ASAP as opposed to prolonging the sucktitude just a little bit more to try and grab as many high picks as you can while you can because the cubs unilaterally proved that tanking = cromulent idea)

btw has anyone seen that nerlens noel dude lately? i always kinda wanted to buy a used car from him someday tbh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:35 pm 

They should go for it all. By the time they're ready to compete LBJ will be done.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:49 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
They should go for it all. By the time they're ready to compete LBJ will be done.

Yep. This is a solid draft. If they get another type 5 pick trade Okafor and Noel for something decent they should be ready. Saric looks like a player now too. This team is set up nicely.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Starting to look pretty solid, could win the East next year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:04 pm 

312player wrote:
Starting to look pretty solid, could win the East next year.

It is crazy because they still have lot of missing parts. Covington and Sergio Rodriguez aren't really good but they are finding a way to win. Embiid missed last night I think but they managed to beat the Clippers anyway. I like the fact they stuck with Brown through the "process" also. Good to see they didn't throw the coach under the bus for having such a crappy team. That would have been the easy thing to do.

I'm going to be interested in seeing what they do going forward.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next