It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
You can nitpick enough to get to the point every specific game loss isn't Doc's fault, but there's just too much evidence that it is indeed is something with him.

Now they're in the WCF

Throw in the 2 series losses up 3-1 and

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
This thread about Simmons, and the 76ers organization has a few laughs in it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/o4w9rj/bodner_ben_simmons_value_around_the_league_has/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
KDdidit wrote:

That's some funny shit right there :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:04 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Bagels wrote:
sucks that ltg was so wrong

You sure about that :lol: :lol: ?

Bagels wrote:
No question they have plenty of talent but it's not like it's any guarantee they'll all of a sudden morph into a playoff team all at once. The whole situation seems like a mess....and soon with all these wasted years you're going to start to have contract issues.

FavreFan wrote:
And best collection of young talent in the league is by far the T Wolves.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
looks like Simmons is done. should be interesting to see who blinks first

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:28 am 

Bagels wrote:
looks like Simmons is done. should be interesting to see who blinks first

The NBA screwed Philly when they made them can the architect of the process. They should never been forced to do that. And then they compounded it by forcing them to take a patronage hire as GM.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Love to see a Ben for Lonzo swap.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
312player wrote:

Hell no, Simmons is a dickhead who is too lazy to get better. Instead of working on a J and his game he's demanding a trade. Fuck him, he's worthless.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:03 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
312player wrote:

Hell no, Simmons is a dickhead who is too lazy to get better. Instead of working on a J and his game he's demanding a trade. Fuck him, he's worthless.

And he has also been the 2nd best player on a playoff team from the first season he ever played in the league. Ball has never came close to sniffing the playoffs. I'd take him in a heartbeat straight up for Ball.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:03 pm 

I am not pro or anti ball. I am thoroughly anti-b.itch. Simmons is a b.itch for not developing his game. All the greats do that. He doesn't. Therefore he's on b.itch status.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:00 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I am not pro or anti ball. I am thoroughly anti-b.itch. Simmons is a b.itch for not developing his game. All the greats do that. He doesn't. Therefore he's on b.itch status.

I don't care about whether he is effeminate or not as a basketball player. As a basketball player he is light years better than Lonzo Ball. In every assessment known to man you will find that. If the Sixers offer Simmons for Ball straight up AK will sign off faster than you can compose one of your Kyrie Irving diss posts. Book it!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:17 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I don't care about whether he is effeminate or not as a basketball player. As a basketball player he is light years better than Lonzo Ball. In every assessment known to man you will find that. If the Sixers offer Simmons for Ball straight up AK will sign off faster than you can compose one of your Kyrie Irving diss posts. Book it!

What I'm saying is that he's lazy and not a hard worker. That's a toxic mix. Not sure why you'd want a guy who isn't obsessed about getting better on your team. You have to be obsessed about the game, Kobe style. He's the antithesis of Kobe - lazy, soft, and uninterested.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:24 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

What I'm saying is that he's lazy and not a hard worker. That's a toxic mix. Not sure why you'd want a guy who isn't obsessed about getting better on your team. You have to be obsessed about the game, Kobe style. He's the antithesis of Kobe - lazy, soft, and uninterested.

This is what you don't quite understand. Even if he never gets better he is still an infinitely better basketball player than Lonzo Ball. This isn't about him being the next Kobe Bryant either. This is about him being a much better basketball player than Lonzo Ball, who by the way 2 teams have already given up on at this point.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:33 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

This is what you don't quite understand. Even if he never gets better he is still an infinitely better basketball player than Lonzo Ball. This isn't about him being the next Kobe Bryant either. This is about him being a much better basketball player than Lonzo Ball, who by the way 2 teams have already given up on at this point.

I will take un-talented hustlers and grinders 10 times out of 10 over lazy primadonnas who are too soft to get better at their craft. He's an insult to all professionals no matter the industry.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:41 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I will take un-talented hustlers and grinders 10 times out of 10 over lazy primadonnas who are too soft to get better at their craft. He's an insult to all professionals no matter the industry.

And I'd take a guy that has been instrumental in leading his team to the playoffs from day 1 over a guy that has never come close to sniffing the playoffs. Even while playing with generational talents such as Lebron James and Zion Williamson. Ball can go suck monkey balls for all i care. And I say this as a Bulls fan that wants him to succeed because it makes them better. if he does. Unfortunately i think the ship has sailed on him ever being that dude. Best I can say about him is that he is an upgrade over Coby White, who happens to be a bum.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

And I'd take a guy that has been instrumental in leading his team to the playoffs from day 1 over a guy that has never come close to sniffing the playoffs. Even while playing with generational talents such as Lebron James and Zion Williamson. Ball can go suck monkey balls for all i care. And I say this as a Bulls fan that wants him to succeed because it makes them better. if he does. Unfortunately i think the ship has sailed on him ever being that dude. Best I can say about him is that he is an upgrade over Coby White, who happens to be a bum.

Lonzo played with Lebron for about 2 months and during that time they were the #4 seed in the West. Then Lebron strained his vagina and that was the end of that season for the Lakers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:03 pm 

shakes wrote:
Lonzo played with Lebron for about 2 months and during that time they were the #4 seed in the West. Then Lebron strained his vagina and that was the end of that season for the Lakers.

I won money from FF off that so I am well aware of what happened. They had the weakest schedule in the league at the time they had the 4th seed. The ranking was tenuous since there was a jumble for slots 4-9 or 10. They were destined to fade anyway. I never had a doubt as to whether they would make the playoffs or not.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Simmons is a much better player, it's not even close. London also conveniently gets hurt around the deadline every year so nobody can trade his bum ass.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:17 pm 

shakes wrote:

So Lonzo is alpha enough to play for a #4 seed but everything falls apart when the beta goes down? :lol: great argument

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:30 pm 

I hope like hell that Philly plays hardball with Ben Simmons and not cave unless they get a decent return for him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ben- ... er-report/

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:49 am 

This guy seems to have gotten Simmons right as a person. In 2016.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160314235 ... 23711.html

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:56 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

On some things he did and on others he didnt. I read it a few days ago and he was off about a few things. Namely Simmons ability to play defense

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:19 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

On some things he did and on others he didnt. I read it a few days ago and he was off about a few things. Namely Simmons ability to play defense

I did say as a person :D

He was wrong on some basketball stuff but not his lacking of shooting prowess. That's related to his work ethic issues for me.

Fuck Simmons

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:02 pm 

Time to abort mission on the Sixers. They aren't going to win shit anytime soon and they aren't contenders either. When you can't get ever get past the 2nd round then you aren't a contender.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 7:39 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Time to abort mission on the Sixers. They aren't going to win shit anytime soon and they aren't contenders either. When you can't get ever get past the 2nd round then you aren't a contender.

they haven't done that since iverson in 2001.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21