It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thibs Fired
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:02 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
it's a glorious morning to be a fan of the Wolves 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:26 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Rubio will help. He really improved a lot the 2nd half of last season. Towns needs to take a huge step for them to make noise. Butler as a #2 would be ideal.

That became Butler's team as of a few hours ago amigo

He's not a leader. Great player but terrible leader. The Wolves really need a leader.

Led one of the most dysfunctional Bulls teams I've ever seen into the playoffs. He's their missing link. Look for 50-55 wins from them next year and MANY articles about how great he is with a proven coach and quality teammates.

No one led the Bulls to the playoffs. They fell in backwards because the rest of the conference sucked and Brooklyn tanked the last two games or whatever. Butler is fine with me but he didn't lead anything last year.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:28 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Rubio will help. He really improved a lot the 2nd half of last season. Towns needs to take a huge step for them to make noise. Butler as a #2 would be ideal.

That became Butler's team as of a few hours ago amigo

He's not a leader. Great player but terrible leader. The Wolves really need a leader.

Led one of the most dysfunctional Bulls teams I've ever seen into the playoffs. He's their missing link. Look for 50-55 wins from them next year and MANY articles about how great he is with a proven coach and quality teammates.

No one led the Bulls to the playoffs. They fell in backwards because the rest of the conference sucked and Brooklyn tanked the last two games or whatever. Butler is fine with me but he didn't lead anything last year.

I agree and if anything Rondo was the better player down the stretch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:10 am 

One more tomato can to knock off and then its party time for the world class bum slaying crew!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:54 am 

TNT guys going in on Thibs again last night. Stated that there is no way that Minnesota will ever be able to compete against the better teams in the West playing the style of Ball that they play.

Barkley has been on this for awhile. Believes they play too slow.

In order to maintain the purity of other threads I believed that it was necessary to bump this one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:22 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
How many titles have Houston and Phoenix won the past 20 years? The Warriors are an exception. Playoff basketball is mainly halfcourt. Besides they're a couple years away from competing.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:45 am 

Nas wrote:
How many titles have Houston and Phoenix won the past 20 years? The Warriors are an exception. Playoff basketball is mainly halfcourt. Besides they're a couple years away from competing.

They're window is smaller than you think. This team is built to win now or next year. That is why the trade that he made for Butler was critical. They are the 7th oldest team in the league.

Wiggins also hasn't taken the next step either. They're being better is predicated on that happening.

It may be about time to kill the defensive genius label too for him. 2nd year in a row that his team is among the worst in the league defensively.

His Bulls teams were good defensively because they had very good defenders.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:49 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

They're window is smaller than you think. This team is built to win now or next year. That is why the trade that he made for Butler was critical. They are the 7th oldest team in the league.

Wiggins also hasn't taken the next step either. They're being better is predicated on that happening.

It may be about time to kill the defensive genius label too for him. 2nd year in a row that his team is among the worst in the league defensively.

The core is still young but none of it matters if Wiggins doesn't grow.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:54 am 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Towns and Wiggins are the only young guys that are part of the future. That isnt really a core. He killed the core in order to win now. Looks like they will be a 45 win team. They won't be much better than that next year and he has decisions to make with Butler and Towns going forward.

The Wiggins contract looks to be disastrous at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:04 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Towns and Wiggins are the only young guys that are part of the future. That isnt really a core. He killed the core in order to win now. Looks like they will be a 45 win team. They won't be much better than that next year and he has decisions to make with Butler and Towns going forward.

I always thought Butler and Taj were brought in to help with their development. Towns has taken a step the past couple of months but Wiggins still has Tyrus Thomas disease.

They had to trade Lavine. You couldn't have 3 guys making over $100M that didn't know how to win.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 am 

yea i'm not upset with losing Lavine and Dunn , they weren't a part of any "core"

as I've opined many times, i'd certainly be trying to develop Tyus Jones more and bring Teague off the bench

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:21 am 
100000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
yea i'm not upset with losing Lavine and Dunn , they weren't a part of any "core"

as I've opined many times, i'd certainly be trying to develop Tyus Jones more and bring Teague off the bench

I would have kept Rubio too. Not sure why he had to get Teague.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:27 am 

Bagels wrote:

Nice try. Markannen has to be factored in also. I'd much rather have those 3 and Rubio going forward than Butler Taj Teague and Crawford.

When you look at this team there are some things that really standout.

Bad defensively and bad on the road.

Another thing that bodes poorly for them is the minutes thing. Not really about injuries for me as much as him more often than not having to extend minutes in order to beat mediocre teams. Saw it again last night.

Thibs invariably will play each of his starters more minutes than those of the opposing team in order to win. That trick won't work during the playoffs as everyone does that. He will be matched against the other team's starters minute for minute.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:36 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Nice try. Markannen has to be factored in also. I'd much rather have those 3 and Rubio going forward than Butler Taj Teague and Crawford.

Another thing that bodes poorly for them is the minutes thing. Not really about injuries for me as much as him more often than not having to extend minutes in order to beat mediocre teams. Saw it again last night.

Thibs invariably will play each of his starters more minutes than those of the opposing team in order to win. That trick won't work during the playoffs as everyone does that. He will be matched against the other team's starters minute for minute.

Do they draft him? From the reports Dunn is the only guy Thibs didn't want to trade. I don't think adding Markannen makes them better any time soon. Keeping Rubio with the players they acquired would make them a better team and much better defensively.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:39 am 
100000 CLUB

I think the Wolves get Kyrie if they don't get Butler. Thibs tried but not being able to include Teague killed it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:06 am 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Do they draft him? From the reports Dunn is the only guy Thibs didn't want to trade. I don't think adding Markannen makes them better any time soon. Keeping Rubio with the players they acquired would make them a better team and much better defensively.

I don't really trust Thibs ability to assess players either. Dieng is a bad contract. Teague is a bad contract. Wiggins looks like a bad deal too. Lavine may turn out to be a better player than Wiggins also.

Markannen most definitely makes them better. The problem would have been once again Thibs and his inability to assess young players. He jobbed out for a first round exit.

This isn't a hot young team on the upswing either. Look at the teams that are directly behind them in the standings. They all have had key guys miss games due to injury yet they are one to two games back in the loss column. Minnesota has a chance to drop to the 7th slot even without significant games lost to injury.

Portland Denver and Utah are coming and the Cousins injury saved them from the Pelicans.

I'm feeling really good about this one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:

I've been saying this all season. It renders every other facet of this debate moot. They can't compete for a title with that contract.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:53 am 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I've been saying this all season. It renders every other facet of this debate moot. They can't compete for a title with that contract.

I said they should have traded him or allowed him to become a restricted free agent.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:31 pm 

Now his best player is opting out of games due to fatigue.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/19/1702 ... st-sit-out

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:35 pm 

Is David Fizdale going to get a crack at this team soon?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Everybody knows Butler was hungover after hanging out all night with Marky Mark in LA.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
KDdidit wrote:
Everybody knows Butler was hungover after hanging out all night with Marky Mark in LA.

Impossible..Nas assured me that Jimmy is a country cornball that doesn't like the night life. ( he lives in LA)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:01 am 

I hope Butler doesn't have a season ending injury but if he does then it further validates what everyone says about Thibs.

By 28 years old you're done if you play for him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:21 am 

Of course you hope it's a season ending injury. Just think if it was career ending, then you could really bolster your argument

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:26 am 

Bagels wrote:
Of course you hope it's a season ending injury. Just think if it was career ending, then you could really bolster your argument

Don't be a mind reader. I don't want Butler out but its interesting that this stuff continues to happen where Thibs is the coach.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:59 am 

So thibs is the reason a guy has a non contact knee injury? :roll:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:

Well known that he plays his guys many minutes.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:51 am 

RFDC wrote:

His knee gave out and it is perfectly plausible to think that it was from playing too many minutes. Those sort of injuries occur from being over used. The human body can only take so much before something pops. That isn't me talking. That comes from sports medicine types.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:58 am 

long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:

His knee gave out and it is perfectly plausible to think that it was from playing too many minutes. Those sort of injuries occur from being over used. The human body can only take so much before something pops. That isn't me talking. That comes from sports medicine types.

There is no consensus on this. Many Doctors believe there is no connection between overuse and ACL injuries.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Guess thibs coached Embiid his 1st three years :roll:

I'm out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next