It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thibs Fired
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
They are learning how to win and those 3 hour practices will make you run out of steam in the 2nd half.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:25 pm 

Bump. "The Thibs Discussion Qualifier Motif"

When is it fair to care about Thibs? Is it:

A. When it is necessary to bash GarPax or Hoiberg.

B. When he doesn't have an NBA job.

C. When it is NBA offseason

D. When his team becomes elite.

The Bulls are playing the "up" and "coming" TWolves tonight and nary a mention about it. I've become instructed not to talk about Thibs (due to board disinterest) so I decided to pose the question. When is Thibs talk acceptable? If never then I will simply retire out into the Thibs message board discussion abyss. If we can't discuss Thibs during the day of a Bulls/Wolves game then we never will.

Didn't want to start a new thread (overkill) so I decided to bump this one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol:

I already started the game day thread.

Cmon man, we've answered this. The T wolves are very bad right now. A lot of that has to fall on the coach, but it's an incredibly young team. If they finish the season with 30 wins or less it's fair to say Thibs had a bad year and question if he is right for the job. I don't think it's fair to do it less than a third of the way through his first season. It's really that simple man.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Cmon man, we've answered this. The T wolves are very bad right now. A lot of that has to fall on the coach, but it's an incredibly young team. If they finish the season with 30 wins or less it's fair to say Thibs had a bad year and question if he is right for the job. I don't think it's fair to do it less than a third of the way through his first season. It's really that simple man.

Great minds think alike. I was typing as you were. If I'd known i would have deferred. You got to admit that the lack of Thibs interest is due to the fact that right now they stink. I will let this play out. I'm going to keep the watch going if for no other reason I like their young guys. I watch the NBA moreso for the up and coming guys. It is one of the reasons that I have had the league pass for about the last 7 or 8 years. Networks never show them and I get tired of the same ol teams.

I hate "master of obvious" evaluations though. ONce it becomes painfully obvious I will have moved onto another battle. That is part of the reasons I'm on this early.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Great minds think alike. I was typing as you were. If I'd known i would have deferred. You got to admit that the lack of Thibs interest is due to the fact that right now they stink. I will let this play out. I'm going to keep the watch going if for no other reason I like their young guys. I watch the NBA moreso for the up and coming guys. It is one of the reasons that I have had the league pass for about the last 7 or 8 years. Networks never show them and I get tired of the same ol teams.

I hate "master of obvious" evaluations though. ONce it becomes painfully obvious I will have moved onto another battle. That is part of the reasons I'm on this early.

TWolves with Rubio and Love were really fun to watch. I got the ticket for them too, plus the Warriors before they became the WARRIORS.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:42 pm 

If they were 18-6 right now I really don't think you would see the chest thumping you're talking about. Many of us liked Thibs but no matter who the coach is T Wolves basketball simply isn't going to move a lot of meters.

Thibs is doing a poor job right now. The results so far make that inarguable. But he has a track record of consistent regular season success and getting the most out of his teams, so he's earned the benefit of the doubt from me. If he finishes the season poorly and next year goes bad I will say we overrated him and he may not be as good as I or we thought. No way I'm saying that 24 games in to his first season though. I can't be any more fair than that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:42 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

TWolves with Rubio and Love were really fun to watch. I got the ticket for them too, plus the Warriors before they became the WARRIORS.

Yeah I thought they were building something. They screwed up the year they didn't take Curry but took 3 other PGS (Rubio, Flynn, Lawson). They also screwed up by passing on Cousins and taking Wes Johnson. That damn Kahn was a real dumbass. I've sort of watched them from the beginning of their existence and have always hoped that they'd do well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:43 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
If they were 18-6 right now I really don't think you would see the chest thumping you're talking about. Many of us liked Thibs but no matter who the coach is T Wolves basketball simply isn't going to move a lot of meters.

Thibs is doing a poor job right now. The results so far make that inarguable. But he has a track record of consistent regular season success and getting the most out of his teams, so he's earned the benefit of the doubt from me. If he finishes the season poorly and next year goes bad I will say we overrated him and he may not be as good as I or we thought. No way I'm saying that 24 games in to his first season though. I can't be any more fair than that.

That is fair enough.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
please , someone make it stop

i'm going to become a fan of the Suns or something

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:54 pm 

Bagels wrote:

You think it's gonna be that easy? A Watson Fired thread would pop up immediately

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:56 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'm a Never Thibs, which I declare to mean that I never watch Timberwolves games because they're not on TV in greater Chicago.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

You think it's gonna be that easy? A Watson Fired thread would pop up immediately

c'mon man
give me some hope
it's a struggle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:19 am 

Wolves lose in ot after being up 12 with 2 minutes to go against Houston. The watch continues.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
The watch continues.

Not less than 30 games into a coach's first year.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:25 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The watch continues.

It's Dantoni's, Guy in Memphis, Luke Walton's etc first year also. They all are outperforming Thibs. Houston is on a 10 game streak. Grizzlies just got through winning 6 straight. Thibs shouldn't be battling for worst record in the league with that talent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:26 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The watch continues.

It's Dantoni's, Guy in Memphis, Luke Walton's etc first year also. They all are outperforming Thibs. Houston is on a 10 game streak. Grizzlies just got through winning 6 straight. Thibs shouldn't be battling for worst record in the league with that talent.

Good for them - doesn't follow that Thibs should be on some sort of "watch."

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:33 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The watch continues.

When will it be OK to watch then? When he gets fired? He was promoted as a coaching whiz and it is obvious that if nothing else at best he is just a "guy".

They turned their franchise over to him and they paid him a shot load of money and they may perform worst than the guy they just replaced.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:41 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The watch continues.

When will it be OK to watch then? When he gets fired? He was promoted as a coaching whiz and it is obvious that if nothing else at best he is just a "guy".

They turned their franchise over to him and they paid him a shot load of money and they may perform worst than the guy they just replaced.

It's more than fair to put him on a watch at some point, but you want to do that after 30 games or whatever they're at. You're also drawing conclusions about his coaching prowess two months before the all-star break in his first year. He's 7th all time in terms of winning percentage among coaches with at least 420 games of experience. He could lose the rest of the games this year and still be top ten. Doubt he's "just a guy".

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:50 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The watch continues.

It's more than fair to put him on a watch at some point, but you want to do that after 30 games or whatever they're at. You're also drawing conclusions about his coaching prowess two months before the all-star break in his first year. He's 7th all time in terms of winning percentage among coaches with at least 420 games of experience. He could lose the rest of the games this year and still be top ten. Doubt he's "just a guy".

"Past is for cowards and losers". At some point we got to let those first two years with the Bulls go. He had talent and they produced. Watching him that last season when he had talent they underachieved.

Hoiberg can't be terrible if he goes .500 with a .500 team and Thibs be great if he is 20 plus games under .500 with a team that should be closer to it. Hoiberg has a better chance of winning 45 than Thibs has of winning 35.

Also Kris Dunn looks like a bust. Can't shoot and really doesn't have a position.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:56 am 

long time guy wrote:

"Past is for cowards and losers". At some point we got to let those first two years with the Bulls go. He had talent and they produced. Watching him that last season when he had talent they underachieved.

Hoiberg can't be terrible if he goes .500 with a .500 team and Thibs be great if he is 20 plus games under .500 with a team that should be closer to it. Hoiberg has a better chance of winning 45 than Thibs has of winning 35.

Also Kris Dunn looks like a bust. Can't shoot and really doesn't have a position.

Where did Hoiberg come from? If you're against people bringing up Hillary out of nowhere when Trump is criticized then at least be consistent and don't bring up mediocre coaches when we're talking about Thibs. And what talent did Thibs have in his last year? You hate Gibson, Butler, Mirotic, McDermont, etc. Along with a gimpy Rose, that's pretty much what Thibs had, so please explain what you mean by "talent."

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:07 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Where did Hoiberg come from? If you're against people bringing up Hillary out of nowhere when Trump is criticized then at least be consistent and don't bring up mediocre coaches when we're talking about Thibs. And what talent did Thibs have in his last year? You hate Gibson, Butler, Mirotic, McDermont, etc. Along with a gimpy Rose, that's pretty much what Thibs had, so please explain what you mean by "talent."

I bring up Hoi berg to illustrate the contradictory nature of what you post. You just demonstrated it again. The Bulls were "gimpy" in Thibs last season but Hoiberg had twice as many games lost to injury last season and not once did you ever acknowledge it.

If Hoiberg is going to be terrible for coaching a .500 team on paper to .500 then Thibs has to be not very good for coaching a team expected to be .500 to 12 games under. There is in congruence in the way they are being assessed.

Also Gasol turned in one of the best seasons of his career and Butler had an all star breakout season.

East also wasn't very good either that year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:13 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I bring up Hoi berg to illustrate the contradictory nature of what you post. You just demonstrated it again. The Bulls were "gimpy" in Thibs last season but Hoiberg had twice as many games lost to injury last season and not once did you ever acknowledge it.

If Hoiberg is going to be terrible for coaching a .500 team on paper to .500 then Thibs has to be not very good for coaching a team expected to be .500 to 12 games under. There is in congruence in the way they are being assessed.

Also Gasol turned in one of the best seasons of his career and Butler had an all star breakout season.

This is about your false claim that Thibs underachieved. You can't say Butler isn't a no 1 player and then say Thibs had talent because Butler was an all star. Pick a lane. Thibs went 50-32 with Butler as his best player and lost to the eventual Eastern Conference champs. That's about all anyone could do in a conference where only teams led by LBJ have made it past the third round for the past six years.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:32 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

This is about your false claim that Thibs underachieved. You can't say Butler isn't a no 1 player and then say Thibs had talent because Butler was an all star. Pick a lane. Thibs went 50-32 with Butler as his best player and lost to the eventual Eastern Conference champs. That's about all anyone could do in a conference where only teams led by LBJ have made it past the third round for the past six years.

Gasol was his best player. You said they didn't have talent. They had two all stars. There are plenty of all stars that will never be the best player on a championship team. You must have missed the argument provided by Carmelo detractors over the years.

I'm not saying Butler was an All Star. The fact is he was an All Star. Not an opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:47 am 
100000 CLUB

LTG has been trying to bait someone into a Thibs argument for a while. Butler and Taj were his targets yesterday but the Thibs argument is the one that's dear to his heart.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
LTG has been trying to bait someone into a Thibs argument for a while. Butler and Taj were his targets yesterday but the Thibs argument is the one that's dear to his heart.

He may be right about Thibs, he was right about Curry.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Nas wrote:

Curry was hurt and being right about something doesn't make you right about everything.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:

Curry was hurt and being right about something doesn't make you right about everything.

Right about Lance Stephenson Pau Gasol and Taj Gibson too. Looking like I'm right about Thibs too. Most criticized people have been Rubio and Thibs. They are seeing through the fraudulence. At some point you will too.

Last edited by long time guy on Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:

Right about Lance Stephenson Pau Gasol and Taj Gibson too.

Right about Lance don't recall Gasol.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:

I do. At the time he was signed I told you he could still get it done and you said that Taj should be starting over him. I said that he shouldn't. Actually it is where the Taj thing began.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:

I do. At the time he was signed I told you he could still get it done and you said that Taj should be starting over him. I said that he shouldn't. Actually it is where the Taj thing began.

You were right. Gasol was huge. I still would have taken Marshmelo with Taj at the 4.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next