It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:27 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
A disaster in New York? You conveniently ignore their record of futility prior to his arrival. Your ignorance and sticktoitiveness is commendable but as usual the facts don't support anything that you are saying.
What?

They have 7 playoff wins in his 6 years there. They have one series win. They missed the playoffs the last 3 years. They almost certainly will miss the playoffs this year.

What facts put his time in New York as anything but a disaster?

Prior to his arrival, they'd missed the playoffs previous 11 or 12 seasons.

One year he led them to 54 wins. Best season in about 16 years record wise. Hardly label it a disaster. You are an all or nothing kind of guy. Not surprising since your philosopy regarding sports is derived from Dan Bernstein.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:16 pm 

long time guy wrote:
This isn't true.

long time guy wrote:
One year he led them to 54 wins. Best season in about 16 years record wise. Hardly label it a disaster. You are an all or nothing kind of guy. Not surprising since your philosopy regarding sports is derived from Dan Bernstein.
That was the only good season they had.

7 total playoff wins in 7 years assuming they don't get any this year. That is a disaster. I don't care if they were bad beforehand.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
what does it matter if they were bad before his arrival, isn't the point that he should have made them not bad ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Bagels wrote:
what does it matter if they were bad before his arrival, isn't the point that he should have made them not bad ?

I don't think LTG puts much of anything into actual wins and losses.

I mean...Tom Thibodeau fell out of bed and could lead the Bulls to 48 wins minimum each season...getting crazy production from career NBA role players.

Hoiberg came here and can't do a thing except alienate players and look foolish with timeouts and embarrassing offensive and defensive schemes.

But Hoiberg is the better coach for the team? And one of the best, multi dimensional players in the league is the issue?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:16 pm 

Man, Phil is all like "PLEASE GOD WILL ANYONE TAKE HIM"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2689 ... g-national

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:42 am 

IMU wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I don't think LTG puts much of anything into actual wins and losses.

I mean...Tom Thibodeau fell out of bed and could lead the Bulls to 48 wins minimum each season...getting crazy production from career NBA role players.

Hoiberg came here and can't do a thing except alienate players and look foolish with timeouts and embarrassing offensive and defensive schemes.

But Hoiberg is the better coach for the team? And one of the best, multi dimensional players in the league is the issue?

Carmelo Anthony led teams to the playoffs his first 9 years in the league yet you diss the hell out of him. If Thibs can "fall out of bed and lead teams to 48 wins" then why isn't Minnesota doing so hot?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:45 am 

Bagels wrote:

He did. They made the playoffs 3 straight years after he arrived. People are bashing a dude that is in his 14 year and on the downside of his career. He isn't playing all that bad now. Knicks record should be better this season but it is idiotic to bash a guy on his way to the Hall of Fame for how he has played during his career.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:51 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
This isn't true.

long time guy wrote:
That was the only good season they had.

7 total playoff wins in 7 years assuming they don't get any this year. That is a disaster. I don't care if they were bad beforehand.

It was also his first full season with the team. So all of the Knicks woes lay at the feet of Carmelo Anthony? Whenever i point out the rosters that he has played with it never gets addressed. Leading those rosters anywhere was an accomplishment all in itself. They stunk and if he was the crappy player that you and the majority that post here seem to suggest then Phil Jackson would not have resigned him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:06 am 

long time guy wrote:
It was also his first full season with the team. So all of the Knicks woes lay at the feet of Carmelo Anthony? Whenever i point out the rosters that he has played with it never gets addressed. Leading those rosters anywhere was an accomplishment all in itself. They stunk and if he was the crappy player that you and the majority that post here seem to suggest then Phil Jackson would not have resigned him.
The Knicks have been a disaster during the Carmelo era. He didn't do anything to stop that from happening. It's not all his fault and obviously he was a very good player but as I've said about 100 times:
1) He chose to go to New York.
2) He chose to stay in New York.
3) He forced a trade to happen instead of going as a free agent which took players off the Knicks roster unnecessarily.
4) He had a potential superstar show up in New York and it hasn't made a difference and the team is still bad.

He's probably going to have one of the worst playoff resumes of any hall of famer and there are some bad hall of famers too. Maybe he can ride Lebron to a title!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:19 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The Knicks have been a disaster during the Carmelo era. He didn't do anything to stop that from happening. It's not all his fault and obviously he was a very good player but as I've said about 100 times:
1) He chose to go to New York.
2) He chose to stay in New York.
3) He forced a trade to happen instead of going as a free agent which took players off the Knicks roster unnecessarily.
4) He had a potential superstar show up in New York and it hasn't made a difference and the team is still bad.

He's probably going to have one of the worst playoff resumes of any hall of famer and there are some bad hall of famers too. Maybe he can ride Lebron to a title!

The Knicks futility during that period had much more to do with Amare Stoudamire than it ever had to do with Carmelo Anthony. It makes little sense to make it more about Anthony than it does Stoudamire. You have never attached Stoudamire to any of it. As far as playoff resumes go there are a lot of guys whose teams didn't even make the playoffs. There are even more guys that made it and never did anything in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:33 am 

long time guy wrote:
The Knicks futility during that period had much more to do with Amare Stoudamire than it ever had to do with Carmelo Anthony. It makes little sense to make it more about Anthony than it does Stoudamire. You have never attached Stoudamire to any of it.
Amare has been gone a long time.

long time guy wrote:
As far as playoff resumes go there are a lot of guys whose teams didn't even make the playoffs. There are even more guys that made it and never did anything in the playoffs.
Assuming you are talking about pepole who made it based on NBA production who are these people?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:52 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The Knicks futility during that period had much more to do with Amare Stoudamire than it ever had to do with Carmelo Anthony. It makes little sense to make it more about Anthony than it does Stoudamire. You have never attached Stoudamire to any of it.
Amare has been gone a long time.

long time guy wrote:
As far as playoff resumes go there are a lot of guys whose teams didn't even make the playoffs. There are even more guys that made it and never did anything in the playoffs.
Assuming you are talking about pepole who made it based on NBA production who are these people?

Off the top of my head Dominique Wilkins and Bernard King. I could name others if I really press hard.

After Amare Stoudamire left can you name one player that was really any good that Anthony has played with? You still haven't addressed the Amare issue either.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:05 pm 

Rose and Porzingis? lol

If you think Carmelo > Butler, and you think the Knicks' Top 3 is better than the Bulls' Top 3, how is it that this pathetic Bulls team is still better than the Knicks?

Maybe Taj Gibson does put the Bulls over the top. I know you're a bigfan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:19 pm 

IMU wrote:
Rose and Porzingis? lol

If you think Carmelo > Butler, and you think the Knicks' Top 3 is better than the Bulls' Top 3, how is it that this pathetic Bulls team is still better than the Knicks?

Maybe Taj Gibson does put the Bulls over the top. I know you're a bigfan.

SO a guy in his 14th season is criticized for not being able to elevate a crappy roster? This is stupid. Rose isn't really that good these days and Porzingus is about a year or two away.

Anthony isn't the same player anymore. Butler is better these days but in his prime he couldn't touch him. I'm not really interested in debating what Anthony is now. 33 or 34 year old guy on the back nine of his career.

Taj puts the Bulls over the top of what? Hopefully the Chicago River bridge. That'd be a good place to start.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
Rose isn't really that good these days

long time guy wrote:
All of it sounds good but it's not about his next contract. The Bulls have team that struggles to score in the 4th quarter. He would easily be the best guy in terms of creating his own shot. Rondo isn't an easy guy to deal with and is actually more of a coach killer than Rose ever was. I think you keep him this year and see where you're at the end of the year. The Knicks have a better team than the Bulls and Rose has a lot to do with it.

:lol:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:35 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Rose isn't really that good these days

long time guy wrote:
All of it sounds good but it's not about his next contract. The Bulls have team that struggles to score in the 4th quarter. He would easily be the best guy in terms of creating his own shot. Rondo isn't an easy guy to deal with and is actually more of a coach killer than Rose ever was. I think you keep him this year and see where you're at the end of the year. The Knicks have a better team than the Bulls and Rose has a lot to do with it.

:lol:

Boy was I wrong about that. I'd still take Rose over Rondo though. I also would take him over MCW another of IMUs brainstorm ideas. It is more an indictment on them than an endorsement of Rose at this point

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
More support for LTG believing Rose isn't good:

long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Isn't it funny how everyone wanted Rose gone. Jimmy's team. Where in the hell does that get you?

He's not the old Derrick Rose but he is a big contributor to the Knicks.

Yes he is. Last night's game against Indiana was indicative of how dangerous the Knicks can be. Down 9 there big three score 30 of the team's 32 to secure the win. Rose was blowing by everyone and his shooting percentage will remain high because he is constantly attacking the bucket. Layups floaters and mid range jumpers are the only shots that he takes. 3 pointer completely out of his arsenal.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=104087&hilit=rose&start=0

long time guy wrote:
Rose looked good tonight.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=103162&p=2591354&hilit=rose#p2591354

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
LTG may have been the only guy who liked Rose.

He has been looking good for the Knick. This may be the rare move that works for both teams.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=103710&p=2611825&hilit=rose#p2611825

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:38 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Isn't it funny how everyone wanted Rose gone. Jimmy's team. Where in the hell does that get you?

Yes he is. Last night's game against Indiana was indicative of how dangerous the Knicks can be. Down 9 there big three score 30 of the team's 32 to secure the win. Rose was blowing by everyone and his shooting percentage will remain high because he is constantly attacking the bucket. Layups floaters and mid range jumpers are the only shots that he takes. 3 pointer completely out of his arsenal.

long time guy wrote:

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

He has been looking good for the Knick. This may be the rare move that works for both teams.

Careful before i start mentioning all of those ringing Thibs endorsements that no one wants mentioned these days.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:40 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Off the top of my head Dominique Wilkins and Bernard King. I could name others if I really press hard.
Dominique played in 56 playoff games. Bernard King played in 28. Who are the hall of famers from the NBA that never made the playoffs?

long time guy wrote:
After Amare Stoudamire left can you name one player that was really any good that Anthony has played with? You still haven't addressed the Amare issue either.
Amare is gone and the Knicks are worse than when they kind of had him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:41 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
long time guy wrote:

long time guy wrote:

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Not a bum but not an all star either. Anthony is done as an elite player so any expectations that he should be after 14 years are fallacious. as far Rose I still think he would have helped the Bulls this year. Seeing Butler and Wade running the point the majority of the time supports this opinion also.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
SO a guy in his 14th season is criticized for not being able to elevate a crappy roster? This is stupid. Rose isn't really that good these days and Porzingus is about a year or two away.

Anthony isn't the same player anymore. Butler is better these days but in his prime he couldn't touch him. I'm not really interested in debating what Anthony is now. 33 or 34 year old guy on the back nine of his career.

Taj puts the Bulls over the top of what? Hopefully the Chicago River bridge. That'd be a good place to start.

Again, LeBron James is in his 14th season. And Carmelo is 32, and only a half year older than LeBron.

Carmelo was never as good as you thought. That is the point. You've held onto unwarranted love and respect for too long.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:46 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Dominique played in 56 playoff games. Bernard King played in 28. Who are the hall of famers from the NBA that never made the playoffs?

long time guy wrote:
Amare is gone and the Knicks are worse than when they kind of had him.

To illustrate the sort of bias that goes on here why doesn't anyone ever debunk this guy for saying stupid stuff? You asked me to name guys with "playoff" records worse than Anthony's and I did. As far as guys that never made the playoffs I don't know off hand but I probably could find one or two if pressed. If there isn't then I spoke in error.

It once again to talk about a guy playing in his 14th season coming off injuries the previous two years as if he is playing in his 4th. He isnt the same guy and anyone familiar with him or the Knicks knows it.

The Knicks became a better team after acquiring Anthony. The facts are indisputable.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:49 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Again, LeBron James is in his 14th season. And Carmelo is 32, and only a half year older than LeBron.

Carmelo was never as good as you thought. That is the point. You've held onto unwarranted love and respect for too long.

So because Anthony isn't Lebron that makes him a bum?

He is a Hall of Famer which means he is as good as I thought. You love Jimmy Butler and he will never sniff the damn Hall of Fame. As of yet he hasn't even been an All NBA player yet you have him in the top 5 or 10. Carmelo in his prime was a no doubt top 5 player. What has Butler been?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:51 pm 

long time guy wrote:
To illustrate the sort of bias that goes on here why doesn't anyone ever debunk this guy for saying stupid stuff? You asked me to name guys with "playoff" records worse than Anthony's and I did. As far as guys that never made the playoffs I don't know off hand but I probably could find one or two if pressed. If there isn't then I spoke in error.
Stupid stuff? It was an exact response to this:
long time guy wrote:

I don't think there are a lot of hall of famers that didn't even make the playoffs unless they are one of those types that made it in internationally or based only on college.
long time guy wrote:
It once again to talk about a guy playing in his 14th season coming off injuries the previous two years as if he is playing in his 4th. He isnt the same guy and anyone familiar with him or the Knicks knows it.
There have been excuses everywhere he has been. The fact that he is washed up at 32 isn't an excuse.

long time guy wrote:
The Knicks became a better team after acquiring Anthony. The facts are indisputable.
Well, he was better than the guy who was playing the position prior to the trade but outside of one year they pretty much went from an about 30 win team to an about 40 win team and then back to an about 30 win team.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:58 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Stupid stuff? It was an exact response to this:
long time guy wrote:

I don't think there are a lot of hall of famers that didn't even make the playoffs unless they are one of those types that made it in internationally or based only on college.
long time guy wrote:
There have been excuses everywhere he has been. The fact that he is washed up at 32 isn't an excuse.

long time guy wrote:
Well, he was better than the guy who was playing the position prior to the trade but outside of one year they pretty much went from an about 30 win team to an about 40 win team and then back to an about 30 win team.

He is a Hall of Fame player that was the best player on 9 playoff teams during the first 9 years of his career. What is your exact point regarding Anthony before I continue with this?

1. Is he a bum

2. Is he an underachiever

3. Is he not good because none of his teams never made the finals

What is your point?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
What has Butler been?

...been turning into a Top 10 NBA player. How do you not get this?

You aren't a Top 10 NBA player until you are. Butler became one this year. He cannot retroactively win awards. It doesn't work like that.

He will be All NBA this season, among many other awards. He will gave many more All NBA teams and All-Star selections in his future.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
isn't it cute to watch all the white guys act like they know basketball? [insert emoji/s here if you're hip/now]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:05 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
isn't it cute to watch all the white guys act like they know basketball? [insert emoji/s here if you're hip/now]

But, hey, still not as pathetic as you attempting to rap, you know? If you want to see bad acting, ask your grandpa to lend you a mirror.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:07 pm 

long time guy wrote:
He is a Hall of Fame player that was the best player on 9 playoff teams during the first 9 years of his career. What is your exact point regarding Anthony before I continue with this?

1. Is he a bum

2. Is he an underachiever

3. Is he not good because none of his teams never made the finals

What is your point?
He was a high volume scorer with a lot of flaws in his game and he had limited effect on improving teams outside of turning them from bad to average. His NBA career has been a disappointment as he has not been able to translate his game into anything more than a lot of stats that don't really mean much. He chose to go to New York in a way that hurt them and then he stayed in New York which means he either thought he could win there or he didn't care if he won or not.

He's been a waste of a talent largely by his own doing. He made a ton of money, got to live in a great city, and will go into the hall of fame while pretty much being a non-entity during his career by the playoffs.

So, basically, he is good, but his career was a disappointment even with him making the hall of fame. If I was a New York fan I would not be celebrating the Carmelo Anthony era.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
IMU wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

But, hey, still not as pathetic as you attempting to rap, you know? If you want to see bad acting, ask your grandpa to lend you a mirror.

i think you forgot to mention that i'm broke/parasitic to go for the "Grand Slam" of go-to sini disses.

hey IMU, you can take this as a metaphor if you want-- you can talk about basketball all you want 24/7/365 and hell, go practice it for 5 years straight; any day of the week i could walk up to you all willy nilly without playing a decent game in ~5yrs, 50lbs overweight, and with a lit cigarette hanging out of my mouth and still kick your ass at the actual game of basketball so badly i'd be downright fucking amazed if you could get more than 2pts on me in 1-on-1 going up to 11 by 1s/2s...

...and that's why you hate on me. you know i'm right!

...and it kills you because you're so much better than me, right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next