It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
IMU wrote:
But, hey, still not as pathetic as you attempting to rap, you know?

MC sinicalypse wrote:
i'm droppin you kids like a bad parent / it's apparent that the difference between you and me is glaring / it's why you're staring and attempting to try and fuck my world up / but hey, fuck you fuck your girl you both suck

maybe if i didn't pathetically attempt to rap that over the intro music to saturn bomberman i would have gotten somewhere? *shrug*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:08 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
He is a Hall of Fame player that was the best player on 9 playoff teams during the first 9 years of his career. What is your exact point regarding Anthony before I continue with this?

1. Is he a bum

2. Is he an underachiever

3. Is he not good because none of his teams never made the finals

What is your point?
He was a high volume scorer with a lot of flaws in his game and he had limited effect on improving teams outside of turning them from bad to average. His NBA career has been a disappointment as he has not been able to translate his game into anything more than a lot of stats that don't really mean much. He chose to go to New York in a way that hurt them and then he stayed in New York which means he either thought he could win there or he didn't care if he won or not.

He's been a waste of a talent largely by his own doing. He made a ton of money, got to live in a great city, and will go into the hall of fame while pretty much being a non-entity during his career by the playoffs.

So, basically, he is good, but his career was a disappointment even with him making the hall of fame. If I was a New York fan I would not be celebrating the Carmelo Anthony era.

Improving teams is still improving teams. Disappointment is merely your perception too. A guy that made the hall of fame and 6 all NBA teams can never be labeled a disappointment. a Waste of Talent is Benoit Benjamin. A guy that has accomplished what he accomplished isn't a waste of talent. If that is the case so was Bernard King or Dominique Wilkins.

Winning is product of who you play in most cases. An arbitrary metric that you use for him and apparently no one else isn't a good reason to label him a disappointment. The dude has had a good career and it will be validated once the Hall rolls around.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
Disappointment is merely your perception too.

probably the perception of a lot of Knicks fans too :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:57 pm 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Their disappointment predates Anthony's arrival.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Their disappointment predates Anthony's arrival.

once you are disappointed, you are doomed to be forever disappointed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:47 pm 

now playing: simon & garfunkel - the sounds of silence

i hate to grandstand, but does anyone wanna bet that IMU could take me in a game of 1 on 1? remember: [something something my grandpa], i suck at rapping, i don't have a job, and i talk too much on the internet; so we'd have to give IMU a special "it's ok to make fun of the genius" pass to allow him to dispense justice in a wholly [in]convenient basketball format.

going up to 11 by 1s/2s i'd say that the absolute most he gets on me is 2/3pts (depending if we have 2pt shots) and lilbro would quickly re-realize that there's a reason people always are quick to grab whatever societally-accredited statuses they have over me and brandish them accordingly; the best nickname i accumulated over the years of part-time-basketball-heroics was 'white dude with a shot" (and once again, you can say that's a metaphor if you want) =P

that'd be a fun C/S/FMB outing! i could hopefully make a few bucks on the side while i get to discover what i only can assume is one of the absolute joys of life: posting up on IMU =P

comeon IMU... shock the world! hell, we could even have a freestyle rap battle WHILE playing basketball if you're afraid of that whole "god clearly likes me more than you" size difference between us being the be-all/end-all mitigating factor that brings about your demise!

the internet wrote:
manlets: when will they ever learn?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:03 pm 

IMU wrote:
Man, Phil is all like "PLEASE GOD WILL ANYONE TAKE HIM"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2689 ... g-national

Are you sure?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.2957808

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
100% sure.

Anytime a sports team has to hire a bunch of solicitors to contact other sports teams to see if they will take their player in return for almost nothing...I can assume the other teams don't have a ton of interest.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:17 pm 

yeah, that's what i thought you little twat!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:25 pm 

IMU wrote:
100% sure.

Anytime a sports team has to hire a bunch of solicitors to contact other sports teams to see if they will take their player in return for almost nothing...I can assume the other teams don't have a ton of interest.

Carmelo Anthony has a no trade clause. There are only a few teams that he'd consider waving it for. If there isn't any interest then why are the Clippers "desperately" trying to find a third party. No one was "desperately" seeking Lance or MCW at any point in their mediocre careers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:28 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
100% sure.

Carmelo Anthony has a no trade clause. There are only a few teams that he'd consider waving it for. If there isn't any interest then why are the Clippers "desperately" trying to find a third party. No one was "desperately" seeking Lance or MCW at any point in their mediocre careers.

First of all, I do know know about desperate being accurate. There is nothing desperate about refusing to give the Knicks any of your decent NBA players in return for Anthony.

If the Clippers really wanted Anthony, there wouldn't need to be a third team. The Clippers have talent on the roster.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:36 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
100% sure.

First of all, I do know know about desperate being accurate. There is nothing desperate about refusing to give the Knicks any of your decent NBA players in return for Anthony.

If the Clippers really wanted Anthony, there wouldn't need to be a third team. The Clippers have talent on the roster.

Huh? The Knicks don't want Crawford and the Clippers arent going to part with any of their top 3 guys. They shouldn't either. Anthony isn't the same player. You can't make the argument that no one wants him when obviously someone does.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:50 pm 

you know, at least in my [delusional/fantasy/etc] neck of the woods, when a self-proclaimed "master troll" e-steps to you with some hackneyed ad-hominem bullshit and you retort with "the realness" (-Terry's Peeps) and you literally leave them speechless (all plugging their e-ears like NYAH NYAH NYAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU MORON!!!! THE GROWNUPS ARE TRYING TO CONTINUE THEIR ARGUMENT THAT NOBODY CAN WIN [especially the readers]) yeah, it's because all he can do in response to me is hope that people who like him more than me pop up to go "lol look at sini going on and on for attention!" or something equally glossing over the obvious [thus allowing him to add on to that new angle of sini-slaggery] because you know why i say "the only winning move is not to play" ??

it's because i can kick IMU's ass at [life, especially basketball] anytime i feel up to it, however "i just don't give a fuck" like the eminem-wannabe that i am [quite pathetic at] attempting to be. therefore, all he can do is plug his ears and act like he's "above" me cuz if he "comes down here" well, there's an easy 11-1 type #TotalVictory waiting for me like "dude, weren't you supposed to get here at least 5 years ago?"

(yes, i didn't "cover myself in glory" with regurgitating some play-by-play here, but still let this be a testament to the fact that if IMU ever wants to e-[step up] and "get some" welp, even tho i'm obviously the delusional mental-patient living in a fantasy world last i checked i'm not the one who "goes into the ether" (for some odd reason) when the so-called "real world" manifests itself in wholly-inconvenient "let's play actual basketball" format =)

THE PRECEDING MESSAGE WAS ACTUALLY WRITTEN BY MY GRANDPA, THE SECRET POWER SOURCE OF ALL THINGS SINICALYPTICAL.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:49 am 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
What has Butler been?

...been turning into a Top 10 NBA player. How do you not get this?

You aren't a Top 10 NBA player until you are. Butler became one this year. He cannot retroactively win awards. It doesn't work like that.

He will be All NBA this season, among many other awards. He will gave many more All NBA teams and All-Star selections in his future.

When Carmelo Anthony was a 19 year old rookie he was the best player on a team that improved by 20 games.

His first 9 years in the league his team made the playoffs in a league that was much tougher than what Butler plays in now.

4 years ago he led a Knicks team comprised of bums to 54 wins. As pointed out by Lupica. He was about the same age as Butler happens to be now. His roster was also worse than what Butler has.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.2958542.

You and the Bricks of the world can keep on with the keep on but the facts don't support it.

All Anthony has demonstrated during his career is that he isn't good enough to carry a team by himself to a championship or finals.

If that is his greatest sin then so be it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Apparently Lebron isn't laughing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... ?cid=bitly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:22 pm 

Planted story to make Phil look bad if he doesn't trade Carmelo. Isola is an unapologetic Knicks fan.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:39 pm 

LeBron James is no fool. He knows Love won't be worth shit come Finals time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I don't know why the Knicks would want Love.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:46 pm 

Well, the Knicks certainly don't want Carmelo. And Love is the better player in 2017.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IMU wrote:
Well, the Knicks certainly don't want Carmelo. And Love is the better player in 2017.

I agree with that but it doesn't make sense to pair him with Porzingis.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:49 pm 

Yeah, I won't argue that. But I don't think Carmelo improves upon the Cavaliers' deficiencies.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:34 pm 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18635 ... 54783816=1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:40 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Isola probably has less credibility when it comes to NBA stories than anyone covering it in Chicago, which is quite an accomplishment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-ph ... 59718.html

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:27 pm 

Quote:
Boston’s shown minimal interest in Anthony, preferring to continue its pursuit of persuading Chicago (Jimmy Butler) and Indiana (Paul George) to engage in trade talks that involve two younger, more well-rounded stars.

No shit!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:52 pm 

IMU wrote:
Quote:
Boston’s shown minimal interest in Anthony, preferring to continue its pursuit of persuading Chicago (Jimmy Butler) and Indiana (Paul George) to engage in trade talks that involve two younger, more well-rounded stars.

No shit!

Boston must think that Bird Parish and McHale are planning to walk through the door soon!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:53 pm 

ltg hasn't had a bad thread like this, since, well, when he was WITH HER.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:12 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Please. Carmelo Anthony is on the back nine of his career. That was the primary reason that it was a good idea to take the Knicks and not the Bulls offer. When he was really good he was traded for 5 players. A guy in his 14th season and you expect him to have trade value. That is a problem with you and apparently Phil Jackson. Phil Jackson is turning out to be a terrible GM. He could move Melo tomorrow as long as he doesn't think he is going to receive a top level player in return. He isn't that anymore though I'd still trade Kevin Love for him straight up right now

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:24 pm 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2692 ... -like-melo

Ding isn't wrong...but he also may be in on Phil's campaign to smear Carmelo.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Please. Carmelo Anthony is on the back nine of his career. That was the primary reason that it was a good idea to take the Knicks and not the Bulls offer. When he was really good he was traded for 5 players. A guy in his 14th season and you expect him to have trade value. That is a problem with you and apparently Phil Jackson. Phil Jackson is turning out to be a terrible GM. He could move Melo tomorrow as long as he doesn't think he is going to receive a top level player in return. He isn't that anymore though I'd still trade Kevin Love for him straight up right now

Who would have thought Phil would be worse than Isiah, dude is legendarily awful in the front office.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next