It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Damn. LeBron just gives it to Charles here: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1858 ... kley-hater

He's got a point, but don't like the NBA infighting. LeBron is in total take no shit mode these days.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Love LeBron. Hate Barkley. This is great.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:28 am 

IMU wrote:
Love LeBron. Hate Barkley. This is great.

I love Barkley. Only studio show in sports that's entertaining. Although, sometimes old man Corso slurring his words is fun.

The Missing Link wrote:

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:38 am 

This is how people lash out when they can't argue with a point. Nothing Charles said was wrong.

Though, it has been pointed out that a little while ago Barkley said Lebron can never be a top 5 player. That was dumb and this is likely a response to that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I think it is pretty stupid. LeBron is bringing in guys like Shumpert and Korver. Roleplayers. "All the good players?"

Either way, it is the NBA's fault. Boston...Miami...Cleveland...Golden State... it becomes too easy to form these super teams.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Barkley seems to believe that the players of his time were evolved into peak basketball machines so that it is ridiculous to think that Mikan and Cousy are great players who could compete with him, yet somehow the evolution suddenly stopped upon the retirement of Jordan and himself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:13 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Barkley seems to believe that the players of his time were evolved into peak basketball machines so that it is ridiculous to think that Mikan and Cousy are great players who could compete with him, yet somehow the evolution suddenly stopped upon the retirement of Jordan and himself.

That's the same way I feel about my HS & college career! :) :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nothing Barkley said was wrong. LeBron came off really poorly witb some unnecessary attacks on Barkley. I still like LeBron but the pressure is definitely getting to him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Bernstein wrote:
Look at their bodies.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I know nothing special about Lebron but as he nears the end it seems he is really feeling pressure. I think he really wants there to be no doubt he is the best and without at least 6 championships he won't feel he can feel that will be true. He would probably never say it but he feels MJ over his shoulder.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:30 am 

Nas wrote:
I still like LeBron but the pressure is definitely getting to him.

I don't understand that. He won a title last season. He could have retired and would be beloved in Cleveland for the rest of his life. He doesn't have anything left to prove.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:33 am 

Charles Oakley piling on: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nb ... /97280338/

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:33 am 
100000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't understand that. He won a title last season. He could have retired and would be beloved in Cleveland for the rest of his life. He doesn't have anything left to prove.

He's shooting for Jordan. His belief is IF they can beat this Warriors team he will have a good argument for being considered the greatest. He clearly doesn't believe that the Cavs can.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Charles Barkley is one of the few people in the sports media who are ever critical of LeBron. LeBron is a great player, but he won nothing before he teamed up with Wade and Bosh and when he came back to the Cavs he made the owners spend a ton of money, so he could get his championship for Cleveland. If LeBron had not baited Draymond Green into a stupid technical the Warriors would be champs again. I dislike the idea of suspending a player after they change a call after a game. If what Barkley said wasn't true LeBron wouldn't be getting all worked up about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:43 am 

Nas wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Nas wrote:

He's shooting for Jordan. His belief is IF they can beat this Warriors team he will have a good argument for being considered the greatest. He clearly doesn't believe that the Cavs can.

LeBron is great, but don't think he can ever catch Jordan unless he beats this super team. Pretty insane amount of pressure to put himself under.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:24 pm 

Technically they are both right. Lebron is right about actions that Barkley has taken which were disrespectful of the game. Most if not all were things that occurred off the court though.

Barkley is right about Lebron too. Lebron has helped engineered his way onto two teams for the purpose of winning a championship. He leveraged management into signing Tristan Thompson and trading for Kevin Love and it is debatable if either is worth the bread. They traded a future all star away for the purpose of appeasing James. They fired a coach for him. They have traded and paid for over the hill veterans as a means of appeasing Lebron.They have by far the highest payroll in the league and he is still whining. The owner is pulling back now and he should. Riley let him walk rather than deal with this B.S.

No one ever questioned Barkley the competitor. Lebron's competitive drive has been questioned throughout his career. The last couple of seasons has caused it to subside a little but it is still out there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
LeBron's supporting cast is pretty subpar. Irving looks at times like he's sleepwalking through games. He's an incredible offensive player but nothing on the other end. They really miss JR Smith. Korver should fit in eventually but he's just Steve Kerr with height and a quicker release. Thompson looks terrible a lot of nights. Same thing for Love.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:36 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
LeBron's supporting cast is pretty subpar. Irving looks at times like he's sleepwalking through games. He's an incredible offensive player but nothing on the other end. They really miss JR Smith. Korver should fit in eventually but he's just Steve Kerr with height and a quicker release. Thompson looks terrible a lot of nights. Same thing for Love.

They should never have resigned Tristan Thompson. Irving will be no less than 2nd Team All NBA this season. Lebron resigned with Cleveland for the purpose of playing with Irving more than returning to Cleveland. He also knew that they'd be able to trade for Love. Love has held up his end of the deal.

They don't win the championship last season without Irving playing the way he did.

Acquiring Love and resigning Thompson were moves that Lebron wanted made so now he has to live with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
long time guy wrote:
Technically they are both right. Lebron is right about actions that Barkley has taken which were disrespectful of the game. Most if not all were things that occurred off the court though.

Barkley is right about Lebron too. Lebron has helped engineered his way onto two teams for the purpose of winning a championship. He leveraged management into signing Tristan Thompson and trading for Kevin Love and it is debatable if either is worth the bread. They traded a future all star away for the purpose of appeasing James. They fired a coach for him. They have traded and paid for over the hill veterans as a means of appeasing Lebron.They have by far the highest payroll in the league and he is still whining. The owner is pulling back now and he should. Riley let him walk rather than deal with this B.S.

No one ever questioned Barkley the competitor. Lebron's competitive drive has been questioned throughout his career. The last couple of seasons has caused it to subside a little but it is still out there.

The idea of Riley "letting" Lebron walk is one of the most hilariously absurd things I've ever read.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The idea of Riley "letting" Lebron walk is one of the most hilariously absurd things I've ever read.

Agreed. Riley let Wade walk.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:50 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

wrong choice of words. He didn't allow Lebron to bully him which is what the Cleveland owner allowed. In that sense he let him walk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
He didn't allow Lebron to bully him which is what the Cleveland owner allowed. In that sense he let him walk

Lebron is under contract for next year. Prior to this year he's always been working on contracts w/ opt-outs. That gives him some leverage to bully management into getting his way. Now that that's not there this year, I think he's feeling his power slipping somewhat....he can't use a threat of leaving in the offseason

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:18 pm 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
He didn't allow Lebron to bully him which is what the Cleveland owner allowed. In that sense he let him walk

Lebron is under contract for next year. Prior to this year he's always been working on contracts w/ opt-outs. That gives him some leverage to bully management into getting his way. Now that that's not there this year, I think he's feeling his power slipping somewhat....he can't use a threat of leaving in the offseason

The leverage that he had 3 years ago is evaporating. The owner has gone along with a number of moves that he wanted made. They won a championship but their franchise is screwed after next year IMO. They also overpaid for J.R. Smith this season. That was another move that "had to be made". The owner has been butting heads with Lebron all season because Lebron wants him to spend more money and he is unwilling to do so.

If the Cavs are devoid of talent it is because of Lebron. They could have had Wiggins playing on a rookie contract and they definitely didn't need Thompson at that salary. He has to own this one.

However this just demonstrates that supporting casts matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Barkley is going to be on with Waddle and Silvy at 3:00.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
The King sounds like a wife bringing up shit that happen 3-4 years ago. Barkley has admitted to all these indiscretions... but LeBron hadn't addressed Chuckles' issues

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'm with Chuck here. LeBron wants to play with the whole league. Jordan wanted to beat the whole league.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I think Barkley came off as pretty reasonable in the interview.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:02 am 

I'm fairly disappointed with LeBron here. If he could forgive the joke that is the Cavaliers owner I would have thought he could let well founded criticism roll off his back. Instead he got petty and personal. Now this becomes yet another generational argument.

Every so often Chuck can stop banging out his one LeBron note as well though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:15 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
I'm fairly disappointed with LeBron here. If he could forgive the joke that is the Cavaliers owner I would have thought he could let well founded criticism roll off his back. Instead he got petty and personal. Now this becomes yet another generational argument.

Every so often Chuck can stop banging out his one LeBron note as well though.

Agreed. While I don't think Jordan was the kind of guy to go out and recruit superstars no one really knows for sure since free agency didn't really exist in his era.

LeBron has rings and ultimately that's what counts but his legacy will take a hit due to the way in which he orchestrated his way out of unfavorable playing situations. His Cleveland "decision" wasn't primarily about returning home. He looked at Irving and the potential to acquire Love and said to himself "I want in". Conversely he looked at a rapidly declining Wade and tender Bosh and said get me the fuck out of here.

It looks like Durant has beat him at his own game and he is mad about it.