It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
https://twitter.com/ischafer/status/829 ... 05/video/1

Still a fighter.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Weird

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Oakley is one angry dude. I don't think there's anyone associated with the NBA who he hasn't threatened at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

He was trying to get to the Knicks owner. He's been arrested. :shock: Phil Jackson tried to calm him down!!!!

http://deadspin.com/charles-oakley-dragged-into-msg-tunnel-and-arrested-aft-1792154664

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Roid rage?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

What the hell is wrong with him? What could make you so angry about going to a basketball game?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Beardown wrote:
What the hell is wrong with him? What could make you so angry about going to a basketball game?

Have you watched the Knicks lately?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Beardown wrote:
He was trying to get to the Knicks owner. He's been arrested. :shock: Phil Jackson tried to calm him down!!!!

http://deadspin.com/charles-oakley-dragged-into-msg-tunnel-and-arrested-aft-1792154664

If you think Oakley sounds angry when he talks about Barkley just wait till someone interviews him about this incident. He's going to tear the Knicks a new asshole.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:05 pm 

Weird Charles Oakley story tied to this particular incident.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... 2dftqg4HjQ

I was in this nightclub the night that this particular incident occurred. I'd just met a chick while I was in there that night. We must have been there conversing for about an hr or two when I looked at the end of the bar and noticed that Oakley was also checking her out.

I felt like a player at the time and plus I had to take a piss so stepped away for a minute. When I came back ol Oakley was trying to work his number. I thought he had her actually. NBA bread and all. He must have said something to piss her off (probably let's go fuck). She walked towards me and my guy said "aw you sweating Charles Oakley huh" . She replied yeah I met the asshole. She grabbed me and we walked out together.

I thought I was cold that night.

I read the paper a few says later and see that someone had hit the limo he was in that night.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:24 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
From the video it seems weird that he, in particular, would get arrested for that. I would. But not him.

Looks like he just shoved a guy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The only result for a Charles Oakley trial in NY will end in the jury finding James Dolan guilty of being a shitty owner.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:00 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Also, someone please buy Bulls tix for Oak right next to Garpax

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:14 am 
1000 CLUB

Frank Isola, Knicks reporter, talked to Oakley after he got released. Oakley claims he bought his own ticket and Knicks owner, James Dolan, didn't like him being there because he's been critical of him. So he had him removed. If true, that's bullshit. Still, Oakley can't shove a security guy. Dolan was sitting close to Oakley, noticed him and told security to throw him out according to Oakley. If he bought his own ticket you can't do that.

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Charles Oakley is the fucking man.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
A fucking tool has anger issues like Boogie.....and his game was shit

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Walt Williams Neck wrote:

At least you're consistent with having shitty NBA thoughts.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:15 am 

FavreFan wrote:

I knew when I posted this the Oak Tree lovers will tell me how great he was...so you Bagels,Douchebag,LTG talk about his prowess

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:26 am 

FavreFan wrote:

I knew when I posted this the Oak Tree lovers will tell me how great he was...so you Bagels,Douchebag,LTG talk about his prowess

We could have a Was Oakley Top Ten in 1987 thread?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:08 am 

pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Do you hate all things basketball? Damn. From time to time people will and should disagree on about sports on a sports message board. You only ever seem perturbed when it is a basketball discussion though. Has nothing to do with Jimmy Butler either.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:19 am 

No like lots John Wall.Thibs.Butler,Curry,Bow,James,Klay,Thomas...I could go on and on

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:24 am 

long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Do you hate all things basketball? Damn. From time to time people will and should disagree on about sports on a sports message board. You only ever seem perturbed when it is a basketball discussion though. Has nothing to do with Jimmy Butler either.

No I do not. I do not like and if I remember correctly don't participate in top 5, top 10 anything threads here. I rarely bother with the GOAT ones either. What I do like to do is read people's thoughts on basketball and many other things. I just tire of some of them going on and on forever in circles about something so subjective. Here with Oakley I was just being cute. :wink: :wink:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:26 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
From the video it seems weird that he, in particular, would get arrested for that. I would. But not him.

Looks like he just shoved a guy.

Probably told the guy to have a blessed day. Grounds for immediate incarceration.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:48 am 

pittmike wrote:
long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No I do not. I do not like and if I remember correctly don't participate in top 5, top 10 anything threads here. I rarely bother with the GOAT ones either. What I do like to do is read people's thoughts on basketball and many other things. I just tire of some of them going on and on forever in circles about something so subjective. Here with Oakley I was just being cute. :wink: :wink:

Whenever there is a probing basketball discussion (imo at least) you always seem to have a complaint. A 3 page thread isn't one that goes on forever. I never hear you complaining about anything but basketball discussions. There really aren't that many on here for me but I'm biased. Discussions like that are what sports are about. That Quintana stuff lasted much longer and something tells me you never complained about it.

There are many discussions that are grinded into the ground yet you only seem to ever pick the basketball ones to ever complain about. Frankly I don't care if people use a 1000 pages or a 1000 words to make a point. I have a choice. Read or don't read. If the powers that be had wanted a quota on that sort of thing theyd have implemented one. That is a fight for me that frankly isn't really worth fighting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:07 am 

long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:
long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:
"

Whenever there is a probing basketball discussion (imo at least) you always seem to have a complaint. A 3 page thread isn't one that goes on forever. I never hear you complaining about anything but basketball discussions. There really aren't that many on here for me but I'm biased. Discussions like that are what sports are about. That Quintana stuff lasted much longer and something tells me you never complained about it.

There are many discussions that are grinded into the ground yet you only seem to ever pick the basketball ones to ever complain about. Frankly I don't care if people use a 1000 pages or a 1000 words to make a point. I have a choice. Read or don't read. If the powers that be had wanted a quota on that sort of thing theyd have implemented one. That is a fight for me that frankly isn't really worth fighting.

Ok go on about your business. I am sorry I have not equally commented in the Quintana type threads or win-loss/era or batting average/OBP threads. They frustrate me as well. I remember a post or two saying I cannot take an entire baseball season of the Jorr/Others pitcher talk.

It might be because I do not know very much about the modern NBA versus other things and I am trying to using your guy's discussions. I read your basketball thoughts a lot and don't have an issue with them. It really isn't a big deal just expressed frustration.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
According to reports the remark that really set Oakley off was Dolan telling him he had a "blessed career.".

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:11 am 

Did Oakley get fired from his job of carrying M-Jeff's luggage around the country?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
beni hanna wrote:
Roid rage?

Nah. Asswipe rage.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:37 pm 

pittmike wrote:
long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:
long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:
"

Ok go on about your business. I am sorry I have not equally commented in the Quintana type threads or win-loss/era or batting average/OBP threads. They frustrate me as well. I remember a post or two saying I cannot take an entire baseball season of the Jorr/Others pitcher talk.

It might be because I do not know very much about the modern NBA versus other things and I am trying to using your guy's discussions. I read your basketball thoughts a lot and don't have an issue with them. It really isn't a big deal just expressed frustration.

Oh Ok. Didn't know you really didn't follow the league as much these days.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
I'm conflicted about this thing. Oakley was a total fucking thug as a player. His career stats are shit. Like 10 pts, 10 rebounds and 10 Tech fouls per game. He beat the shit out of Scottie every time he drove the lane, and his buddies Mason and X' McDaniel were damn near as bad.

But it looked really bad to see him treated like that at the Garden. Good god is there any class left in NY anymore?

You know who they SHOULD have ushered out? Twitter freak Phil. That would have got a standing O.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:10 pm 

I heard someone call Oakley Iconic :lol:

I'm out.