PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
how the mighty have fallen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Bagels wrote:

I make that trade just to get rid of Rubio's contract.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:55 pm 

Nas wrote:
Bagels wrote:

agreed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Shoulda called up the Bulls - they're looking for all the PGs they can find. Woulda taken Rubio for seven second round draft picks and then cut him in the off-season.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Vegan your boy Ainge is blowing it. Got some Pax in him in his refusal to part with assets in exchange for a clearly superior player.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:04 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Vegan your boy Ainge is blowing it. Got some Pax in him in his refusal to part with assets in exchange for a clearly superior player.

Ainge is doing just fine - good now and positioned to do well in the future. Butler is the Mercedes in a parking lot filled with secondhand pogo sticks. Have fun with that.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:07 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Ainge is doing just fine - good now and positioned to do well in the future. Butler is the Mercedes in a parking lot filled with secondhand pogo sticks. Have fun with that.

Good now and positioned to do well in the future was where Pax was from 2008-2010 and you still criticized him for failing to make a big move. If the Celtics can land George or Butler they could easily compete with the Cavs for the East this year and next. If they don't make those moves they won't stand a chance.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Good now and positioned to do well in the future was where Pax was from 2008-2010 and you still criticized him for failing to make a big move. If the Celtics can land George or Butler they could easily compete with the Cavs for the East this year and next. If they don't make those moves they won't stand a chance.

Yeah but the reports are that Gar asked Ainge for core players on the Celtics. That's like Pax being asked to give up Rose in 2009 - of course you're not going to do that. Not Ainge's fault if he's working with dumbasses like the Bulls.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:13 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yeah but the reports are that Gar asked Ainge for core players on the Celtics. That's like Pax being asked to give up Rose in 2009 - of course you're not going to do that. Not Ainge's fault if he's working with dumbasses like the Bulls.

:lol:

Even Isaih Thomas isn't comparable to asking for Rose in 2009. Nobody on the Celts comes close. Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown certainly don't.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:25 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Even Isaih Thomas isn't comparable to asking for Rose in 2009. Nobody on the Celts comes close. Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown certainly don't.

you seem to be mocking the Celtics core, yet you think w/ the addition of Butler or George they could compete w/ the Cavs ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:29 pm 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

you seem to be mocking the Celtics core, yet you think w/ the addition of Butler or George they could compete w/ the Cavs ?

They have a lot of good players. They don't have anybody who's close in value to 2009 Rose given his talent and potential and age at the time.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

They have a lot of good players. They don't have anybody who's close in value to 2009 Rose given his talent and potential and age at the time.

i guess if you throw 'potential' in there....Thomas is having a hell of a year

i think they're caught in kind of a trick bag- i don't think if all they gave up was picks -i.e. roster is same today as it was yesterday, just w/ the addition of George or Butler- they could compete with the Cavs. I might have them winning 1 or 2 games in a 7 game series but that's about it. But then the other side if you're hoarding the picks, you're still going to be several years away while you're current core is getting older

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:40 pm 

Thomas is having an awesome year, but I think age and potential would still have Rose graded clearly higher. It's a moot point anyway since we are talking about giving up Crowder or Brown, not Thomas. We just disagree on how much Butler would help them. The two Nets picks and Brown or Crowder for Butler would be a good trade for both teams IMO. Like you said, if they don't use those Nets picks to get someone as good or better than Butler than they are basically waiting for a brand new window that may or may not even open.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:45 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Thomas is having an awesome year, but I think age and potential would still have Rose graded clearly higher. It's a moot point anyway since we are talking about giving up Crowder or Brown, not Thomas. We just disagree on how much Butler would help them. The two Nets picks and Brown or Crowder for Butler would be a good trade for both teams IMO. Like you said, if they don't use those Nets picks to get someone as good or better than Butler than they are basically waiting for a brand new window that may or may not even open.

so you feel if they added Butler they would be a legit threat to the Cavs ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
FavreFan wrote:

I think you're missing some context here though. It's not the Celtics were only offering the Nets picks, it's that the picks themselves were apparently a non-starter for the Bulls. The kind of trade you're proposing would have been a best case scenario offer for the Bulls IMO, but GarPax wanted fewer picks and more core players to continue the neverending retooling process.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:51 pm 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

so you feel if they added Butler they would be a legit threat to the Cavs ?

Yes. I think they would beat the Cavs but that largely depends on the health and play of Love and Bradley for each team.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:55 pm 

fair enough. agree to disagree

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:56 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I think you're missing some context here though. It's not the Celtics were only offering the Nets picks, it's that the picks themselves were apparently a non-starter for the Bulls. The kind of trade you're proposing would have been a best case scenario offer for the Bulls IMO, but GarPax wanted fewer picks and more core players to continue the neverending retooling process.

I guess so. I don't know how much I trust those reports. I know GarPax is incompetent and I believe Michael Reinsdorf is fully against rebuilding, but it's almost impossible to believe the Bulls wouldn't look at an offer of the two Nets picks plus one young player.

To rock my soul