It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA Trade Deadline Deals
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ibaka to Toronto: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nb ... /97892006/

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:10 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

That's a nice pickup for Toronto. This could actually make a Raptors/Cavs conference final matchup interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Douchebag wrote:

That's a nice pickup for Toronto. This could actually make a Raptors/Cavs conference final matchup interesting.

You called him a bum a week ago.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:11 pm 

I like hearing about Orlando transactions because it reminds me there is one organization who's easily more incompetent than the Bulls. They're our Mississippi.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

You called him a bum a week ago.

:lol: :lol:

He's never going to be "the guy", but as a 3rd or 4th best player on your team, he's not bad.

A lineup of:
Kyle Lowry
DeMar Dorozen
Serge Ibaka
Demarre Carroll
Jonas Valencunias

That's pretty damn good, and much better than any lineup the bulls would trot out that included Ibaka. He's probably the 4th best player in that starting 5.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
I like hearing about Orlando transactions because it reminds me there is one organization who's easily more incompetent than the Bulls. They're our Mississippi.

Nah. I was going to write this in the thread where you questioned my objectivity about the bulls but I'll write it here. I think there's a legitimate case to be made that this is the darkest period in bulls history since the 1998-1999 season. Outside of Butler there are no tradeable assets. All the young players are busts and, to add insult to injury, we spent two picks to draft one of those busts. The coach is more useful for laughs than he is for coaching, and the only thing the front office is good at lately is preserving their jobs. We were ridiculed nationally for the way in which Thibs was let go, and we're ridiculed semi frequently for the way in which this clown Hoiberg loses the locker room in embarrassing ways. Like DB mentioned, this is sort of like the Trestman era bears. Laughingstock on and off the court.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
FavreFan wrote:

yea, you trade Oladipo to get Ibaka, then give up on him halfway into the season ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:25 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Nah. I was going to write this in the thread where you questioned my objectivity about the bulls but I'll write it here. I think there's a legitimate case to be made that this is the darkest period in bulls history since the 1998-1999 season. Outside of Butler there are no tradeable assets. All the young players are busts and, to add insult to injury, we spent two picks to draft one of those busts. The coach is more useful for laughs than he is for coaching, and the only thing the front office is good at lately is preserving their jobs. We were ridiculed nationally for the way in which Thibs was let go, and we're ridiculed semi frequently for the way in which this clown Hoiberg loses the locker room in embarrassing ways. Like DB mentioned, this is sort of like the Trestman era bears. Laughingstock on and off the court.

I don't even have to disagree with any of that and you'd still be wrong. Even if all that is true, look at Orlando and their roster. The simple fact of having Jimmy Butler alone makes the Bulls present and future possibilities better. Orlando truly has no clue what the fuck they are doing. Look at their roster transactions over the last 24 months and try to defend them as anything other than the most directionless franchise in the league.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:47 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't even have to disagree with any of that and you'd still be wrong. Even if all that is true, look at Orlando and their roster. The simple fact of having Jimmy Butler alone makes the Bulls present and future possibilities better. Orlando truly has no clue what the fuck they are doing. Look at their roster transactions over the last 24 months and try to defend them as anything other than the most directionless franchise in the league.

Agree about Orlando. There are about 5 franchises that are easily in worst shape going forward than the Bulls. It is just convenient to say that because you rarely will get any pushback (at least on here).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:54 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Agree about Orlando. There are about 5 franchises that are easily in worst shape going forward than the Bulls. It is just convenient to say that because you rarely will get any pushback (at least on here).

FF and LTG: I'm fine with agreeing that this is the darkest period in Bulls history since 1999, even if it is still better than Orlando, and that the Bulls are at worst the 6th shittiest organization and team right now.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:59 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

FF and LTG: I'm fine with agreeing that this is the darkest period in Bulls history since 1999, even if it is still better than Orlando, and that the Bulls are at worst the 6th shittiest organization and team right now.

I agree about 1999-2003. I used to see a lot of those guys out on the party scene back then. They used to make the rounds. Couldn't win a game but damn if they weren't goint to have a good time while losing like a motherfucker.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:25 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I would quibble and say '02-'03. They were still pretty hopeless then.

But you're also saying Paxson has done a decent job in his tenure if that's the case. I wouldn't disagree.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

But you're also saying Paxson has done a decent job in his tenure if that's the case. I wouldn't disagree.

Paxson was really good early on and he had the Jay Williams thing to deal with out the gate. His early moves save for Wallace and Thomas were solid. Probably a few other clunkers in there but those two stick out the most. I think he has lost interest as time has gone on and the GarPax configuration needs to end. Didn't they also lose one of their key scouting guys in the past 2-3 years? Maybe he was the "getter" and Paxson is lost without him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
long time guy wrote:

Great news! I feel MUCH better about the Boo knowing there are 5 out of the 29 other teams in worse shape. Just need to get the other 24 teams on the Bulls level.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:36 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Great news! I feel MUCH better about the Boo knowing there are 5 out of the 29 other teams in worse shape. Just need to get the other 24 teams on the Bulls level.

I hate the use of hyperbole to make a point. That's all

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:39 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Yeah, I don't think anybody is particularly optimistic about the Bulls. But if you're gonna say they are the most poorly managed team in the NBA you should expect disagreement.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Paxson's biggest problem was that he liked his drafted players too much and then he couldn't seem to hit on any free agents. The best they did before Thibodeau was 1 playoff series win against the Heat. Some of those players like Ben Gordan and Luol Deng probably should have been traded for assets of value before they became free agents. Not trading Pau Gasol was inexcusable. They tried to strike lightning in a bottle with Rip Hamilton, they gave player options to Kirk Hinrich when he was bad and they signed Mike Dunleavy after he was injury prone. But the Derrick Rose injuries were completely out of Paxson's ability. Thibodeau got the most of those players without Rose, but he also drove them into the ground. Wade and Rondo were bad signings, but maybe it was just to make the season interesting after they traded Rose. The NBA is a difficult league because the winning teams are attempting a record number of three pointers and the Bulls are one of the poorest three point shooting teams in the NBA. The Bulls got Carlos Boozer and Pau Gasol several years after there was initial discussion of acquiring those players. It seems to be a Bulls/White Sox to sign aging players who are a couple years past their prime.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:55 pm 

Drake LaRrieta wrote:
Paxson's biggest problem was that he liked his drafted players too much and then he couldn't seem to hit on any free agents. The best they did before Thibodeau was 1 playoff series win against the Heat. Some of those players like Ben Gordan and Luol Deng probably should have been traded for assets of value before they became free agents. Not trading Pau Gasol was inexcusable. They tried to strike lightning in a bottle with Rip Hamilton, they gave player options to Kirk Hinrich when he was bad and they signed Mike Dunleavy after he was injury prone. But the Derrick Rose injuries were completely out of Paxson's ability. Thibodeau got the most of those players without Rose, but he also drove them into the ground. Wade and Rondo were bad signings, but maybe it was just to make the season interesting after they traded Rose. The NBA is a difficult league because the winning teams are attempting a record number of three pointers and the Bulls are one of the poorest three point shooting teams in the NBA. The Bulls got Carlos Boozer and Pau Gasol several years after there was initial discussion of acquiring those players. It seems to be a Bulls/White Sox to sign aging players who are a couple years past their prime.

When Paxson took over the Bulls really were a mess of a franchise. He had to build it from scratch and he did. The Rose injury was out of his control and is the single biggest thing for causing the current setback.

When you look at his hits they far outweigh the misses.

Deng

Gordon

Noah

Rose

Butler

Gasol (When most people thought he was done as an elite player.

Hinrich. Feelings were mixed on him and most thought he was a reach at #7

Gibson for where he was drafted was an excellent pick too. Some of the guys that went later I thought better but he was a good pick for where they picked him.

He also unloaded guys Crawford Chandler Jalen Rose Curry which allowed the franchise to move forward. Krause left him with a disastrous situation. I do agree with him holding onto guys to long and also overvaluing his guys too much.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:38 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

They had prospects though. Curry, Chandler, Williams, Crawford. They had the Hoiberg of 2002-2003 coaching, but other than that problem they had a core of young talent that still had potential (without using hindsight). We don't have anyone except Butler, and he's not a prospect - he's a known commodity who should try hard to get himself traded if he's smart.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:56 pm 

Williams had one year and flashed potential. Curry and Chandler were god awful and Crawford didn't get good until years after he left Chicago. I remember being a Bulls fan in 2002. It wasn't a hopeful time. :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:58 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Williams had one year and flashed potential. Curry and Chandler were god awful and Crawford didn't get good until years after he left Chicago. I remember being a Bulls fan in 2002. It wasn't a hopeful time. :lol:

Chandler always had the hustle when he was here, but he was so raw. I think the Bulls gave up on him too soon, or just lacked the coaching to develop him properly. Curry was just a fat slob.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:02 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Chandler always had the hustle when he was here, but he was so raw. I think the Bulls gave up on him too soon, or just lacked the coaching to develop him properly. Curry was just a fat slob.

I sort of agree but I also think a lot of that is hindsight. Chandler played hard but he was a horrendous player when he was here.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:02 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

You're underselling Williams and you know it. No way you're not reasonably optimistic about a decorated no 2. pick who averaged 10 and 5 off the bench basically during his rookie campaign. Curry and Chandler were bums but they weren't even 20 years old at the time. Would you take one B-level stud and a bunch of nobodies or four lottery pick prospects?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:06 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You're underselling Williams and you know it. No way you're not reasonably optimistic about a decorated no 2. pick who averaged 10 and 5 off the bench basically during his rookie campaign. Curry and Chandler were bums but they weren't even 20 years old at the time. Would you take one B-level stud and a bunch of nobodies or four lottery pick prospects?

You're still underselling Butler. By any criteria he's a top 10 NBA player right now. Nothing on the 2002 roster even added together equals that.

And again, yes I was excited for Williams but his career was over after one season.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You're still underselling Butler. By any criteria he's a top 10 NBA player right now. Nothing on the 2002 roster even added together equals that.

And again, yes I was excited for Williams but his career was over after one season.

How's calling him a B-level stud underselling him? By B-level I mean he's ranked right after the LBJs, Kawhis, Durants, Westbrooks, etc., of the world.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Tyson has always been raw. His best seasons were with Chris Paul in New Orleans. Lob City.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:53 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Tyson has always been raw. His best seasons were with Chris Paul in New Orleans. Lob City.

Chris Paul saved Tyson Chandler's career. He definitely helped change the perception of him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

The Bulls stunk and Jalen Rose played a lot of the same hero ball that Butler plays now. Bill Cartwright let Rose do whatever the hell he wanted and it was a disaster. They also couldn't figure out what to do with Crawford. Didn't know if he was a 1 or 2 and had him and Rose clashing with Williams. I was a huge Jay Williams fan and thought that of the group listed, he could have been a breakout star.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:53 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It's not hyperbole to call this team and organization out. Things are atrocious right now, despite how you may feel about Rondo's play with the benchwarmers. :)

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:

Paxson was really good early on and he had the Jay Williams thing to deal with out the gate. His early moves save for Wallace and Thomas were solid. Probably a few other clunkers in there but those two stick out the most. I think he has lost interest as time has gone on and the GarPax configuration needs to end. Didn't they also lose one of their key scouting guys in the past 2-3 years? Maybe he was the "getter" and Paxson is lost without him.

Gar Forman has been running things since Paxson drafted Jimmy Butler. Look at the results. I heard that Thibs didn't have an issue with Paxson and loved Uncle Jerry. Forman has been the fuck up but Uncle Jerry loves him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU