It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Williams had one year and flashed potential. Curry and Chandler were god awful and Crawford didn't get good until years after he left Chicago. I remember being a Bulls fan in 2002. It wasn't a hopeful time. :lol:

Chandler always had the hustle when he was here, but he was so raw. I think the Bulls gave up on him too soon, or just lacked the coaching to develop him properly. Curry was just a fat slob.

I sort of agree but I also think a lot of that is hindsight. Chandler played hard but he was a horrendous player when he was here.

The advanced numbers on him told you he was much better. I absolutely nailed the Chandled vs Wallace thing.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Williams had one year and flashed potential. Curry and Chandler were god awful and Crawford didn't get good until years after he left Chicago. I remember being a Bulls fan in 2002. It wasn't a hopeful time. :lol:

Chandler always had the hustle when he was here, but he was so raw. I think the Bulls gave up on him too soon, or just lacked the coaching to develop him properly. Curry was just a fat slob.

I sort of agree but I also think a lot of that is hindsight. Chandler played hard but he was a horrendous player when he was here.

The advanced numbers on him told you he was much better. I absolutely nailed the Chandled vs Wallace thing.

Just before Curry had heart trouble the Bull turned the corner. Skiles had Curry all full metal jacket fired up and he absolutely tore it up. He was emotionally invested, and then the ticker flickered...Lights out on that period of the Bull. I distinctly remember Curry strutting up court after each dominant move and Deng being excited for the big fella...While he protected another injury I don't remember. That heart thing sucked. They weren't winning it all, but they could have been very good very young.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

beni hanna wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Just before Curry had heart trouble the Bull turned the corner. Skiles had Curry all full metal jacket fired up and he absolutely tore it up. He was emotionally invested, and then the ticker flickered...Lights out on that period of the Bull. I distinctly remember Curry strutting up court after each dominant move and Deng being excited for the big fella...While he protected another injury I don't remember. That heart thing sucked. They weren't winning it all, but they could have been very good very young.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The advanced numbers on Chandler didn't get good until he left the Bulls.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
It was clear from the start that signing Wallace was a dumbass thing to do, and not only because Chandler was supposed to morph into a Ben Wallace type player. I think they made that move in part because they felt like Chandler needed a change of scenery to realize his potential. That was correct and unfortunate. I wish he developed as a Bull but it appears too many years of unstructured coaching (this is why coaching and work environments matter) and general drama made playing in Chicago too toxic for him.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:47 pm 

Veganfan:

Complains the Bulls can't sign a free agent.

Complains it's a dumbass thing to do to sign the top free agent on the market.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Wrong. Not sure if the thread still exist but I broke them down before he was traded.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He was 23 when he left, it's only natural to improve from 23-30 compared to 18-23, he beefed up too, he was very thin at 18-22.

It was so dumb to dump him for a 33 year old more expensive and washed up Wallace.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Veganfan:

Complains the Bulls can't sign a free agent.

Complains it's a dumbass thing to do to sign the top free agent on the market.

:lol:

What a bunch of bullshit. Wallace was garbage at the time and didn't solve the Bulls' most pressing problem (scoring). The only people who got excited for the Wallace signing were acne infested teenagers who didn't get much exposure to sunlight and who had to be in bed by 7pm each night, including weekends. If the "top free agent" is a one trick pony on the wrong side of 30 then keep him.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

This was the thread that I started. BF deleted my posts and no one quoted my original post. If you follow along you can figure it out.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7822

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:04 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Wrong. Not sure if the thread still exist but I broke them down before he was traded.

I'm not wrong, and we can still look at the numbers.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... dty01.html

His last season here he had a 12.2 PER, a 5.4 W/S, a .123 WS/48, a 2.2 BPM, and a 2.2 VORP. These are not very good advanced numbers. Some of them are downright bad.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

I think it was per36 or a trend based on his game log from his last season. Whatever it was it showed the rise of Chandler and a clear decline of Wallace.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:06 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
It was clear from the start that signing Wallace was a dumbass thing to do, and not only because Chandler was supposed to morph into a Ben Wallace type player. I think they made that move in part because they felt like Chandler needed a change of scenery to realize his potential. That was correct and unfortunate. I wish he developed as a Bull but it appears too many years of unstructured coaching (this is why coaching and work environments matter) and general drama made playing in Chicago too toxic for him.

Chandler''s development had nothing to do with coaching. His development had to do with a point guard that could throw him a lob.

Chandler came into the league without an offensive game and he will leave without an offensive game. How does better coaching account for that?

When Chandler eneed the league he was compared to Garnett by Jerry Krause. Think about that for a minute.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:12 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Chandler''s development had nothing to do with coaching. His development had to do with a point guard that could throw him a lob.

Chandler came into the league without an offensive game and he will leave without an offensive game. How does better coaching account for that?

When Chandler eneed the league he was compared to Garnett by Jerry Krause. Think about that for a minute.

Better coaching (probably) helped him become one of the best defensive players of the past 20 years. It ain't always about offense.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:17 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Better coaching (probably) helped him become one of the best defensive players of the past 20 years. It ain't always about offense.

The Bulls passed on Pau Gasol to trade for Tysons Chandler. You are vastly over rating his defense too. There were much better defenders over the past 20 years than him.

Chandler was a No. 2 pick that never lived up to it. I know it was a weak draft but playing with Chris Paul helped find his niche and stay in the league. I don't fault the Bulls for dealing him he was a flop in Chicago.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:38 am 

Name the players in the NBA who were better defensive players than he was in the past 20 years. If you have to use more than one hand to count them you're wrong.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:03 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Name the players in the NBA who were better defensive players than he was in the past 20 years. If you have to use more than one hand to count them you're wrong.

Scottie Pippin

Dennis Rodman

Tony Allen.

Ron Artest.

Rasheed Wallace.

Ben Wallace.

Deandre Jordan.

Kawhi Leonard.

Others will be forthcoming.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:13 am 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Scottie Pippin

Dennis Rodman

Tony Allen.

Ron Artest.

Rasheed Wallace.

Ben Wallace.

Deandre Jordan.

Kawhi Leonard.

Pippen and Rodman are really pushing the 20 year limit. Rasheed Wallace is wrong. Ben Wallace is probably right but he didn't have nearly the longevity as a defensive stopper. DeAndre Jordan is wrong. The rest of the list is right.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:41 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Scottie Pippin

Dennis Rodman

Tony Allen.

Ron Artest.

Rasheed Wallace.

Ben Wallace.

Deandre Jordan.

Kawhi Leonard.

Pippen and Rodman are really pushing the 20 year limit. Rasheed Wallace is wrong. Ben Wallace is probably right but he didn't have nearly the longevity as a defensive stopper. DeAndre Jordan is wrong. The rest of the list is right.

I'd throw some other guys in their but they don't have the longetivity. Avery Bradley is a lock down guy but he is hurt too much. David Robinson was also a better defender than Chandler.

Chandler's defensive prowess was really short lived though. He was really good for about a 3-4 stretch. By 96 97 Rodman and Pippen weren't the same guys but with Chandler you'd also have to cherry pick the years also. He used to get bullied early on in his career and wasn't that guy we knew of later while with the Bulls. He was with the Hornets and Dallas though. That is about a 3-4 stretch. Rasheed was actually a better defender than Ben in my opinion. Highly underrated.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:45 am 

Rasheed was awesome. Could've been on the short list for best players of all time if he wanted it bad enough. But defense is mostly effort. Can't put Sheed over Chandler for that reason.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:25 pm 

long time guy wrote:

The Bulls passed on Pau Gasol to trade for Tysons Chandler. You are vastly over rating his defense too. There were much better defenders over the past 20 years than him.

Chandler was a No. 2 pick that never lived up to it. I know it was a weak draft but playing with Chris Paul helped find his niche and stay in the league. I don't fault the Bulls for dealing him he was a flop in Chicago.

The Bulls traded Brand to draft Chandler.

Chandler didn't live up to the no 2 pick as a Bull, but over his career you could say he justified being a lottery pick. He probably wouldn't be a top three pick in a decent draft, but definitely top 10.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The Bulls traded Brand to draft Chandler.

Chandler didn't live up to the no 2 pick as a Bull, but over his career you could say he justified being a lottery pick. He probably wouldn't be a top three pick in a decent draft, but definitely top 10.

Still not sure why the Bulls went that route. The baby twin towers. Krause said he did not want to draft guys from Chicago then he drafts Curry who already had questions about his desire. As for Chandler, he never developed any type of offensive game. I don't think it can ever be said that he lived up to what he was billed to be. Still had a nice career.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:54 pm 

Quote:
The Sacramento Kings have traded three-time NBA All-Star DeMarcus Cousins to the New Orleans Pelicans. In return, the Kings received rookie guard Buddy Hield and a 2017 first round draft pick, according to The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:58 pm 

Yeah was just coming here to post this. Great trade for the Pelicans. It'll be interesting to see him and Davis together

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:02 am 
100000 CLUB

Wojo always gets the scoop.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:03 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
FavreFan wrote:

don't forget that ron artest started out as a bull too!

...but it's ok that he was jettisoned without really getting anything back (jalen rose?) because bernstein will do that bit where he's scoffing all incredulously and be like "i can't say any of the stories, but TRUST ME: artest [is a crazyperson(TM] and] needed to go!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:07 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Still not sure why the Bulls went that route. The baby twin towers. Krause said he did not want to draft guys from Chicago then he drafts Curry who already had questions about his desire. As for Chandler, he never developed any type of offensive game. I don't think it can ever be said that he lived up to what he was billed to be. Still had a nice career.

if memory serves the general consensus at the time was that brand was "just" 18/10 or whatever, and the thought was that giving up on him would allow the bulls to go after players with higher ceilings than "just" 18/10 or whatever. obviously you don't have to ask eddy curry's limo driver about this being a laughable proposition!

everyone else on the magic school bus wrote:
CARLOS!!!!!

Last edited by sinicalypse on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:08 am 
100000 CLUB

This means a couple of things. The Bulls won't likely get the Kings pick because it will likely be in the top 10. Also the Sixers have fewer options for Okafor.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:17 am 

"when you see it you'll SHIT BRIX" =D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:15 am 

Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
The 2017 first-rounder going from New Orleans to Sacramento in the DeMarcus Cousins trade is top-3 protected, according to league sources

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next