It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
It was a shock when Collins was fired. An absolute shock. It is being spun now as if it was common knowledge that the Bulls couldn't win with him as coach and thus they needed to make a change.

Anyone who remembers it at the time knows that's true. Bulls fans were furious with Collins being fired. It was like, "WHAT THE FUCK!!??" It would be like if prior to last season the Cubs had fired Maddon and made John Mallee the manager saying that Maddon got them to Point B with 97 wins and a Wild Card but he wasn't the guy to get them to Point C (World Series) and Mallee was the man for that.

100% correct.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
It was a shock when Collins was fired. An absolute shock. It is being spun now as if it was common knowledge that the Bulls couldn't win with him as coach and thus they needed to make a change.

Anyone who remembers it at the time knows that's true. Bulls fans were furious with Collins being fired. It was like, "WHAT THE FUCK!!??" It would be like if prior to last season the Cubs had fired Maddon and made John Mallee the manager saying that Maddon got them to Point B with 97 wins and a Wild Card but he wasn't the guy to get them to Point C (World Series) and Mallee was the man for that.

And Trading Oakley for Cartwright was a WTF moment too. but it worked out. Guess Krause knew what he was doing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:31 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Regarding the Collins rumors you guys are being worse than a Score know nothing. "I know this but I won't say". If you have the story, spill it.

Supposedly he was bagging somebody's daughter. I don't know who's or if it's even true.

WOW . underage? shit I can see why he was fired if that was true.

Who was the player from Seattle they brought over in a trade but traded right away since he was teaching Pippen and Grant how to bang strippers?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:34 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

And Trading Oakley for Cartwright was a WTF moment too. but it worked out. Guess Krause knew what he was doing.

Yep. Jordan was furious. I still remember that night. Night of Tyson Spinks fight. Bulls acquired a pick that I wish they'd use to draft Strickland. Drafted Perdue instead.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:35 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Who was the player from Seattle they brought over in a trade but traded right away since he was teaching Pippen and Grant how to bang strippers?

Didn't Sam Vincent come over from Seattle for Sedale Threatt?

And did you think you'd read the name Sedale Threatt today?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:36 pm 

long time guy wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Yep. Jordan was furious. I still remember that night. Night of Tyson Spinks fight. Bulls acquired a pick that I wish they'd use to draft Strickland. Drafted Perdue instead.

hey who was the boxer that tyson faced that started crying during the face? Spinks?

back on topic : Stacey King was a big name out of college. Everyone loved the pick. It was a Celtic like steal. But he sucked in the Pro's and never lived up to his potential.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:37 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Didn't Sam Vincent come over from Seattle for Sedale Threatt?

And did you think you'd read the name Sedale Threatt today?

yes that was him. sedale threatt.

where is he now ??

Personal life

Threatt lives in Melbourne, Australia[4] with his family, working along side his eldest son, Sedale Threatt Jr.,[5] known as the Unguardable Guard:[6] UNGUARDABLE DVD [7] in his company, Australian Basketball Development (AUBD).[8] Threatt has another son also named Sedale Threatt Jr who played quarterback for Lehigh University and played Tom Murray, the blacksmith son of Chicken George, in the 2016 remake of the TV mini-series Roots.[9]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
HawaiiYou wrote:

Carmelo Anthony

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:40 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Back then Krause didn't draft anyone from Chicago.

Of course years later, Mr. Curry somehow made him change his philosophy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:44 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Threatt lives in Melbourne, Australia[4] with his family, working along side his eldest son, Sedale Threatt Jr.,[5] known as the Unguardable Guard:[6] UNGUARDABLE DVD [7] in his company, Australian Basketball Development (AUBD).[8] Threatt has another son also named Sedale Threatt Jr who played quarterback for Lehigh University and played Tom Murray, the blacksmith son of Chicken George, in the 2016 remake of the TV mini-series Roots.[9]

That continent is only big enough for one basketball legend.

And that ties in the whole Timberwolves, Stacey King (who was traded for Luc) and Jerry Krause (made the trade) basketball discussion we've been having.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:45 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I also had heard that Jordan didn't care for Strickland. Either heard or read but the word was that Strickland wanted the Bulls to draft him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:47 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

And that ties in the whole Timberwolves, Stacey King (who was traded for Luc) and Jerry Krause (made the trade) basketball discussion we've been having.

I sort of remembering Threat knocking about Danny Ainge when he played with Philly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:48 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

interview - you may need google translator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT0yF84bUNs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:49 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I also had heard that Jordan didn't care for Strickland. Either heard or read but the word was that Strickland wanted the Bulls to draft him.

Rod Strickland? Ya Jordan was right on that one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:50 pm 

long time guy wrote:

What would Bull history have been had they drafted Strickland or Johnny Dawkins?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What would Bull history have been had they drafted Strickland or Johnny Dawkins?

I was at a draft watch event the Bulls held for ticket holders back in the day. Basically a banquet with closed circuit or something. My bud was a season ticket holder and I went. It was the year the did not draft Dawkins. Many people were furious I will say that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:03 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I was at a draft watch event the Bulls held for ticket holders back in the day. Basically a banquet with closed circuit or something. My bud was a season ticket holder and I went. It was the year the did not draft Dawkins. Many people were furious I will say that.

They should've taken Mark Price. Dude went in the 2nd round.

And I'm shocked that Krause wasn't all over Sabonis. That type of pick seemed right up his alley.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:01 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Passed on Dawkins for Brad Sellers. I was 13 when that happened and the one name that you didn't want to be tagged with if you were a young hooper was Brad Sellers. That was name that destroyed you in the hood. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:02 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Passed on Dawkins for Brad Sellers. I was 13 when that happened and the one name that you didn't want to be tagged with if you were a young hooper was Brad Sellers. That was name that destroyed you in the hood. :lol:

and suburbs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:05 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Led the Big 1O in rebounding.

That was the Brad Sellers selling point.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:06 pm 

Sellers and King go hand in hand. Great college players absolutely sucked in the NBA. I remember when King use to get subbed into a game, everything use to go wrong. We would all yell at the tv how much he sucked. a 10 point lead he would single handly blow to a 1 point deficit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

:lol: you were 13. Now you know how far back and dusty my NBA thoughts are.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:45 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I still hang that beating on my sons' barber. :lol: (he used to look like him

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:57 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Arthur Sivels son was our Brad Sellers Reader.

The night Oakley got traded we were walking From the IIT pro am to go watch the fight at Heroes (Clique) (E2) before it was either that was one wild night for the crew. Guys from the Dearborn Homes chased us down Wabash. One of the guys had the audacity to yell "Fuck the Dearborns" the came about those buildings like Apaches that night. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:58 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Arthur Sivels son was our Brad Sellers Reader.

The night Oakley got traded we were walking From the IIT pro am to go watch the fight at Heroes (Clique) (E2) before it was either that was one wild night for the crew. Guys from the Dearborn Homes chased us down Wabash. One of the guys had the audacity to yell "Fuck the Dearborns" they came about those buildings like Apaches that night. :lol:

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Led the Big 1O in rebounding.

That was the Brad Sellers selling point.

He is now the Mayor of Warrensville Heights...so there's that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
HawaiiYou wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Rod Strickland? Ya Jordan was right on that one.

Not really. Strickland had a better NBA career than anyone Jordan ever drafted.

I remember before that draft my buddy and I were sitting in a Greek coffee shop late one night talking about Strickland. There were two fat cops in the next booth. One of them stuck his nose into our conversation and said, "Rod Strickland has two chanes of making the NBA, slim and none and slim is on vacation." My friend and I still laugh about that to this day. The man played 17 NBA seasons. Dumb fuckin' cop.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:30 pm 

"Hot Rod" Strickland (I don't recognize Williams) was smooth as silk on an NBA court.

I would've loved to have him on the Bull. And think about this, if Strickland is here that means Armstrong is probably never drafted and Rose might not have gotten such bad advice because his agent hates Paxson.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:38 pm 

My favorite player back then. He was a killer on the court at Depaul and underrated in the league. Should have made an All Star team or 2.

Depaul had that NYC point guard pipeline going then. Replaced Kenny P. From Jamaica Queens.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Matches Malone wrote:
"Hot Rod" Strickland (I don't recognize Williams) was smooth as silk on an NBA court.

I would've loved to have him on the Bull. And think about this, if Strickland is here that means Armstrong is probably never drafted and Rose might not have gotten such bad advice because his agent hates Paxson.

And then we wouldn't be watching the greatness of Rondo tonight. Everything worked out.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next