It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Best PG since Magic?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Again, I never said it took away from the type of player he was. I am in agreement with you on him. I would say it is Magic, Isiah, and Stockton as the top 3

I will agree it was a punk move.

Isiah was a great player but a fucking punk. I remember after the Bulls won the Championship vs the Lakers, they asked Thomas about what he thought about MJ finally getting a ring. He said something like 'so what, i got 2'.

Post playing days Thomas was the kiss of death. He bought the CBA and they went under soon after. He went to the Knicks and sexually harassed the whole female staff and that organization was shit as well. fuck that asshole.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
I wouldn't call him a Top 5 PG since Magic but I always liked Chauncey Billups.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:26 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Again, I never said it took away from the type of player he was. I am in agreement with you on him. I would say it is Magic, Isiah, and Stockton as the top 3

I will agree it was a punk move.

Isiah was a great player but a fucking punk. I remember after the Bulls won the Championship vs the Lakers, they asked Thomas about what he thought about MJ finally getting a ring. He said something like 'so what, i got 2'.

Post playing days Thomas was the kiss of death. He bought the CBA and they went under soon after. He went to the Knicks and sexually harassed the whole female staff and that organization was shit as well. fuck that asshole.

That (CBA) is Dan Bernstein like spin and doesn't jive with what others have written and said that were more intimately

Involved. CBA was already going under when he took over

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
I'd take GP over Paul too.

Completely agree. Chris Paul is overrated and he's playing in an era dominated by PG's.

And he's the best one. That's saying a lot

I wouldn't say CP is overrated but GP stepped it up big time once Kemp decided to drink milkshakes all day. Led the team in assists and points - pretty remarkable considering he basically had no one else to pass to.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:35 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
I'd take GP over Paul too.

Completely agree. Chris Paul is overrated and he's playing in an era dominated by PG's.

And he's the best one. That's saying a lot

I wouldn't say CP is overrated but GP stepped it up big time once Kemp decided to drink milkshakes all day. Led the team in assists and points - pretty remarkable considering he basically had no one else to pass to.

Plus he was not as injury-prone as Paul has been.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
If anything this thread leads me to believe he's underrated. I can understand preferring a couple guys over him but he's absolutely in the same exact class and conversation as Stockton and GP. Chauncey Billups? Was that serious?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:38 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
If anything this thread leads me to believe he's underrated. I can understand preferring a couple guys over him but he's absolutely in the same exact class and conversation as Stockton and GP. Chauncey Billups? Was that serious?

I said I liked Billups, but never considered him to be Top 5. Of course the other PG mentioned are better than him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:45 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I said I liked Billups, but never considered him to be Top 5. Of course the other PG mentioned are better than him.

Just cuz people say so? His PER and WS/48 is better than every player mentioned. It's ok to prefer one of them over him but they aren't clearly and objectively better.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Just cuz people say so? His PER and WS/48 is better than every player mentioned. It's ok to prefer one of them over him but they aren't clearly and objectively better.

FF, I'm not even talking about CP3. I said I like Billups and consider him to be a very good PG, but I would take Paul and MANY others over him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:56 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

FF, I'm not even talking about CP3. I said I like Billups and consider him to be a very good PG, but I would take Paul and MANY others over him.

Oh I misread your last post

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:41 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
When it comes to Chris Paul, you have to factor in those moronic State Farm commercials..

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:00 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Once again if you offer your opinion here FF and LTG go way over the edge...so bite me

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:27 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Once again if you offer your opinion here FF and LTG go way over the edge...so bite me

The hypocrisy knows no bounds. I Guess "shut the fuck up" qualifies as acceptable discourse in the world of Walt?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:53 am 

long time guy wrote:

The hypocrisy knows no bounds. I Guess "shut the fuck up" qualifies as acceptable discourse in the world of Walt?

Note you're one of the few that get the "shut the fuck up" even here you couldn't let it go as best PG since Magic ....best PG since Magic/Isaiah

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:38 am 

long time guy wrote:

Note you're one of the few that get the "shut the fuck up" even here you couldn't let it go as best PG since Magic ....best PG since Magic/Isaiah

Your only contribution is to bring Me (How typical) and FF into your opinion, which was no opinion. Try addressing opinions rather than people sometimes. Hint: It works better.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:28 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Your only contribution is to bring Me (How typical) and FF into your opinion, which was no opinion. Try addressing opinions rather than people sometimes. Hint: It works better.

Jesus Christ when a opinion other than yours is expressed you go off ie Thibs is a better coach than Fred and Jimmy Butler is a top ten player. Let me ask you this have you ever been wrong?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:07 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Jesus Christ when a opinion other than yours is expressed you go off ie Thibs is a better coach than Fred and Jimmy Butler is a top ten player. Let me ask you this have you ever been wrong?

You still can't admit that you were wrong about Rondo. Have you ever been right about anything or is part of your message board schtick simply to substitute old fashioned cynicism for analysis each and every time?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:29 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You still can't admit that you were wrong about Rondo. Have you ever been right about anything or is part of your message board schtick simply to substitute old fashioned cynicism for analysis each and every time?

I predicted the Super Bowl would go into OT and the Pats would win ( Not one peep out of any of you) Gave the winner of the Spiral Stakes $51.....I was so wrong about Rondo....your turn

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
The advanced numbers have always been very favorable toward Paul. He has made me question the accuracy of advanced metrics. He's a hell of a PG, but he's not as good as his advanced metrics would have one believe.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:05 am 

Wrong about Daryl Morey and D'Antoni.

Wrong about Hillary Clinton being elected.

Wrong about the Knicks having a better record than The Wolves.

Wrong about Derrick Rose returning to All Star form.

If I dared to list the number of things I'm right about it might take us til Christmas :lol:

The problem is that you can't seem to ever comment on anything without first levying the customary personal shot.

Everyone's opinion was respected even Vegan's and we simply agreed to disagree. It's a message board. Those things happen. You're the only one that has posted in this thread that made it even slightly personal. Wasn't much but damn dude can you ever comment on something relevant to what is actually being discussed.

Last I saw you were running around thread to thread trying to quadruple down on fallacious Rondo posts.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:11 am 

long time guy wrote:
Wrong about Daryl Morey and D'Antoni.

Wrong about Hillary Clinton being elected.

Wrong about the Knicks having a better record than The Wolves.

Wrong about Derrick Rose returning to All Star form.

If I dared to list the number of things I'm right about it might take us til Christmas :lol:

The problem is that you can't seem to ever comment on anything without first levying the customary personal shot.

Everyone's opinion was respected even Vegan's and we simply agreed to disagree. It's a message board. Those things happen. You're the only one that has posted in this thread that made it even slightly personal. Wasn't much but damn dude can you ever comment on something relevant to what is actually being discussed.

Last I saw you were running around thread to thread trying to quadruple down on fallacious Rondo posts.

Did I not just post I was wrong about Rondo? What do you bring up ???

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
The advanced numbers have always been very favorable toward Paul. He has made me question the accuracy of advanced metrics. He's a hell of a PG, but he's not as good as his advanced metrics would have one believe.

His per 100 possessions stats aren't subjective and they are almost just as good.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
When talking PG's it Magic #1 and Stockton #2 and then you can debate everything else. Chris Paul isn't in that class and never will be. The numbers and actual winning says that. Stockton holds offensive and defensive records that will NEVER be broken and Chris Paul makes State Farm commercials.

John Stockton on his best day wasnt better than Isaiah Thomas.

Okay. You're wrong but I love Isiah too despite him apparently having the homosexual gene.

Who cares about that I don't and that's gossip anyway.

Isaiah Thomas was the best player on 2 NBA championship teams and dominated guys at his position. He came into the league and immediately established himself as a,great player. Made the All Star at 19 or 20 years old. He was considered to be a great player at every step of his basketball career.

It isn't gossip. Isiah's son Zeke is gay and has been raped multiple times.

For 10 years there wasn't a PG in the NBA better than Stockton and he holds all the important records.

Wait, Isiah raped his son multiple times? Where did you hear this?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:57 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
When talking PG's it Magic #1 and Stockton #2 and then you can debate everything else. Chris Paul isn't in that class and never will be. The numbers and actual winning says that. Stockton holds offensive and defensive records that will NEVER be broken and Chris Paul makes State Farm commercials.

John Stockton on his best day wasnt better than Isaiah Thomas.

Okay. You're wrong but I love Isiah too despite him apparently having the homosexual gene.

Who cares about that I don't and that's gossip anyway.

Isaiah Thomas was the best player on 2 NBA championship teams and dominated guys at his position. He came into the league and immediately established himself as a,great player. Made the All Star at 19 or 20 years old. He was considered to be a great player at every step of his basketball career.

It isn't gossip. Isiah's son Zeke is gay and has been raped multiple times.

For 10 years there wasn't a PG in the NBA better than Stockton and he holds all the important records.

Wait, Isiah raped his son multiple times? Where did you hear this?

where did I say that??

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas said the kid was raped multiple times.

Who raped Isiah's kid?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Only at CFMB could a thread about the best point guards turn into a discussion of whether Isiah raped his kids.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

I have heard the rumor that Isaiah and Magic were gay and that they banged each other a lot. Probably not after Magic got HIV, though.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm 

Fuck I heard David Copperfield got AIDS :twisted:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:34 pm 

I'd like to make the case for Rondo but the fact he gets benched every team he goes to makes it tough.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
I'd like to make the case for Rondo but the fact he gets benched every team he goes to makes it tough.

I heard that Draymond Green is better than Charles Barkley so this thought would be the 2nd worst I heard today.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next