It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Best PG since Magic?
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:16 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I'd take Taj over him.

3 years ago you would have been serious about that statement and now we are speculating if he is actually better than Barkley.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I'd take Taj over him.

3 years ago you would have been serious about that statement and now we are speculating if he is actually better than Barkley.

No we aren't. I'm the biggest Draymond guy on the board and I said Barkley was better. But most of you guys are insane about Draymond. If he isn't a star than there are like 10 stars in the entire NBA and Kyrie Irving isn't one of them.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:21 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I watch a lot of NBA, and am sure Nas does as well.

Draymond is not close to Barkley, and never will be.

I dispute anyone who watches a lot of warriors games and says Draymond is not a star player.

ok. Guess I am disputed then.

Draymond is the 3rd best player on his own team. He is a really good player. Barkley was in the top tier of players during a great era of the NBA. Barkley was great. Draymond is really good. THere is a difference.

Of course this is correct. Stars can carry a team, and that requires elite scoring. Draymond is lucky to be on that team. If he was required to carry a team, he wouldn't even be known.

I think the only team in which he'd be the best player is Sacramento. That's just off the top of my head. I think if he ever had to be the guy he'd struggle mightily. Those intangibles that he gets lauded for would quickly turn into limitations perception wise.

Not even close. He would be the franchise player on at least 10 teams. If he was traded to the Brooklyn Nets for nothing tomorrow the Nets would win 30+ games next year. He's the 2nd best defensive player in the game(He's going to win DPOY this year and many would say he's better than Kawhi), the 2nd/3rd best passing forward in the game next to Lebron and Giannis(who played PG this year). He's also a very good rebounder and can shoot threes. That type of player would go top 3 even in this loaded draft this year. It's simply a false statement to say he's not a star player. When I hear that I hear "I dont want him to be a star player"

Brook Lopez is better than him and I disagree with him being better than Kawhi Leonard. He stunk in both the OKC and Cleveland series for the most part. He is the basketball equivalent of a downhill runner. He looks good when they have it rolling but his limitations are apparent when they don't. He is never the guy that carries the team during times like that.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:24 pm 

That's all bullshit. The truth is the complete opposite. There's only 4-5 players I'd rather have down by 5 with two minutes left. Two of them are Draymond's teammates.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:25 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I'd take Taj over him.

No we aren't. I'm the biggest Draymond guy on the board and I said Barkley was better. But most of you guys are insane about Draymond. If he isn't a star than there are like 10 stars in the entire NBA and Kyrie Irving isn't one of them.

Unlike Draymond or Buckets Kyrie has already proven he can carry a dog ass team to 30+ wins. Did it with crappy ass Cleveland as a 21 year old pre Lebron. People would question your sanity for placing him in the same class as Barkley.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:25 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Brook Lopez is better than him and I disagree with him being better than Kawhi Leonard. He stunk in both the OKC and Cleveland series for the most part. He is the basketball equivalent of a downhill runner. He looks good when they have it rolling but his limitations are apparent when they don't. He is never the guy that carries the team during times like that.

I can't go so far as to say that Lopez is better than him. But Kawhi is def better than him.

The bolded part is dead on.

But of course this is just "casual" fans not valuing defense :roll:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I'd take Taj over him.

Unlike Draymond or Buckets Kyrie has already proven he can carry a dog ass team to 30+ wins. Did it with crappy ass Cleveland as a 21 year old pre Lebron. People would question your sanity for placing him in the same class as Barkley.

"Carrying" a team to 30 wins?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:26 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I'd take Taj over him.

Buckets carried a dog ass team to 41 wins this year so your entire premise is silly.

Draymond would never be on a dog ass team. He wouldn't allow it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
That's all bullshit. The truth is the complete opposite. There's only 4-5 players I'd rather have down by 5 with two minutes left. Two of them are Draymond's teammates.

Had the Curry watch on during last seasons playoffs. Hate to place it on a glorified Role player and Utah's 4 situation is murky. Jinxed Blake and fuckin Rondo. Soon as I started talking shit on here they both got hurt.

I had Blake to take his Draymond Green's ass out. He Caught A break. May have to roll with Aldridge next round if they make it.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:31 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Had the Curry watch on during last seasons playoffs. Hate to place it on a glorified Role player and Utah's 4 situation is murky. Jinxed Blake and fuckin Rondo. Soon as I started talking shit on here they both got hurt.

I had Blake to take his Draymond Green's ass out. He Caught A break. May have to roll with Aldridge next round if they make it.

It's gonna be the Rockets vs Draymond in the WCF. You're caught between a rock and hard place! :lol:

To rock my soul

Last edited by FavreFan on Mon May 01, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I'd take Taj over him.

Buckets carried a dog ass team to 41 wins this year so your entire premise is silly.

Draymond would never be on a dog ass team. He wouldn't allow it.

You must have forgotten that Cleveland hookup. C.J. miles Alonzo Gee. That was a shitty ass team. You put Irving with this Bulls team they win 48-50 easily.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It's gonna be the Rockets vs Draymond in the WCF. You're caught between a rock and hard place! :lol:

Already giving up on your spurs?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:34 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Not yet. I think they still have a chance. But I've been telling Rick and ltg all year the Rockets are legit contenders. They didn't believe me.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

That's fucked up but Ive got to roll with Patrick when in doubt.

Shit he's going to kick some shit off with Draymond Green every game. You can book that. For people that like Rodman like antics they're your guys.

Last edited by long time guy on Mon May 01, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
The casual fan just doesn't appreciate defense. Smh

I like Bruce Bowen but I wouldn't compare him to Reggie Miller. Draymond is a nice player but he isn't in the same league as Barkley. Barkley is a top 5 PF and Green is a role player. Have some respect for a legend.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Not yet. I think they still have a chance. But I've been telling Rick and ltg all year the Rockets are legit contenders. They didn't believe me.

Yeah you called it about a year or so ago. That was before D'Antoni too. Morey's off season pickups were on the money.

This is the end of San Antonio though.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:40 pm 

Spurs in 6

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:41 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I like Bruce Bowen but I wouldn't compare him to Reggie Miller. Draymond is a nice player but he isn't in the same league as Barkley. Barkley is a top 5 PF and Green is a role player. Have some respect for a legend.

Sorry man but I gotta throw you in the casual fan category if you're comparing Draymond to Bowen. He's more like Scottie Pippen

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I'd take Taj over him.

Completely agree

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:45 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yeah you called it about a year or so ago. That was before D'Antoni too. Morey's off season pickups were on the money.

:lol: :lol:

The Spurs have won a title and been to the Finals twice since their last CFMB-predicted demise

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Sorry man but I gotta throw you in the casual fan category if you're comparing Draymond to Bowen. He's more like Scottie Pippen

Good God, hit the showers.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Sad!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The Spurs have won a title and been to the Finals twice since their last CFMB-predicted demise

No Tim Duncan. Like Kawhi but he isn't enough and Aldridge is a fraudulent wing man. They're done and I wouldn't be surprised if Pop steps down after next season.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
FF wants to give Draymond a tongue punch in the fart box.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:54 pm 

For Gary the Glove guys I can remember a time when Marbury used to own him. Absolutely own him. That was as young guy too.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:57 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Get real, man.

Which player is more likely to post the following during GAME SEVEN OF THE NBA FINALS, Bruce Bowen or Scottie Pippen:

32 points. 15 rebounds, 9 assists, 11--15 FG, 6-8 3pt

This is the second year in a row we are having this discussion and the second year in a row all of you seem not to know what the fuck you're talking about. I'm trying to be nice about it but at a certain point I feel obligated to tell you guys you are straight up wrong in your evaluations of him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No Tim Duncan. Like Kawhi but he isn't enough and Aldridge is a fraudulent wing man. They're done and I wouldn't be surprised if Pop steps down after next season.

Kawhi is too young for them to be done. They will retool this offseason. I'm surprised that Aldridge has been this pedestrian. I thought he would be Duncan lite

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:00 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Get real, man.

Which player is more likely to post the following during GAME SEVEN OF THE NBA FINALS, Bruce Bowen or Scottie Pippen:

This is the second year in a row we are having this discussion and the second year in a row all of you seem not to know what the fuck you're talking about. I'm trying to be nice about it but at a certain point I feel obligated to tell you guys you are straight up wrong in your evaluations of him.

You neglect to bring up his numbers in the previous 5 games though and you also never mention his series against OKC. Klay Thompson is more important to their team than Green.

OKC's bigs were dominating him.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:01 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Kawhi is too young for them to be done. They will retool this offseason. I'm surprised that Aldridge has been this pedestrian. I thought he would be Duncan lite

Thank god for Chandler Parsons. Single handedly keeping LaMarcus off the worst contract list. Bravo.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Get real, man.

Most Game 7's have a role player that comes up big because the focus is on the stars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next