It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:20 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Draymond is the only rim protector on the team. It makes no sense to have him guarding guys one on one at the perimeter. That would create lanes to the rim all day for the other team. I've explained this to you multiple times.

Rim protector? He avg a little more than 1 block per game for his career. If he were the elite defender that you keep saying that he is he would have guarded Lebron James during the Cleveland series. If G.S. Stops Lebron they win the series. Javale McGee is the best rim protector on the team and before him it was Andrew Bogut. Draymond Green is better as a help side defender than he is one on one. That is why he rarely takes the top assignments. Ultimately it comes down to what you value most. I have always loved guys that can guard one on one. Team defense is cool but when you start talking about best this or that I'd never place a team defender in as one of the top defenders. I know you will say that he doesn't play much but McGee is the best shot blocker they have.

He and Lebron are about the same size also. You stop Lebron and G.S. wins the series going away. That is why he should be guarding Lebron if they meet Cleveland again.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
If G.S. Stops Lebron they win the series.

:lol:

If MJ was a top defender then why didn't he guard Penny, Stockton, Payton, Miller, etc.? Guess he wasn't as great as I thought he was. Bruce Bowen is better than MJ because he took the toughest defense assignments. Raja Bell is next.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
If he were the elite defender that you keep saying that he is he would have guarded Lebron James during the Cleveland series.

Once again, Ron Adams is better at designing defense in the NBA than you or I. He's using Draymond in the best possible way.

And you can cut this "If he were the defender you say he is" shit. The entire NBA community agrees Draymond is among the elite of the elite when it comes to defense. NOBODY agrees with you when you say he is not a great defensive player. Guys dont win DPOY and make the NBA All defensive first team three years in a row by accident.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
If he were the elite defender that you keep saying that he is he would have guarded Lebron James during the Cleveland series.

Once again, Ron Adams is better at designing defense in the NBA than you or I. He's using Draymond in the best possible way.

And you can cut this "If he were the defender you say he is" shit. The entire NBA community agrees Draymond is among the elite of the elite when it comes to defense. NOBODY agrees with you when you say he is not a great defensive player. Guys dont win DPOY and make the NBA All defensive first team three years in a row by accident.

If he was as elite as you say he was then why hasn't he been inducted into the HOF? You can't be elite without being in the HOF.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:49 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

If MJ was a top defender then why didn't heguard Penny, Stockton, Payton, Miller, etc.? Guess he wasn't as great as I thought he was. Bruce Bowen is better than MJ because he took the toughest defense assignments. Raja Bell is next.

No offense but you really do demonstrate a great deal of ignorance about this at times. I mean it with due respect.

I need to ask if you'd ever seen Jordan play pre retirement? If you had seen him then you'd know which assignments he took.

He always guarded Harper Dumars Richmond Drexler etc. He checked his position each and every time. All of the guys that you name came along when he was 33 + and none with the exception of Miller played his position. He checked Miller so I don't know why you'd decide to list him.

Jordan always took covers. Watch the tape instead of disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

Green is a good defender but he is nowhere near the best defender I've ever seen and I don't think he is the best defender in the league.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Marc Gasol won that award a few years ago and no one prior to that had ever talked about him as an all league defender. Draymond Green is good but he isn't the best in the league in my opinion. Probably isn't the best on his own team either. They don't win the first one without Iggy shutting down James.

Green is a self promoter who always finds a way to make the conversation about himself. He is doing this now by openly campaigning for the award. If he's as great as you suggest he wouldn't have to do that.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:00 pm 

How is he openly campaigning for the award?

Iggy is a good defender but he doesn't have nearly the impact Green has. Either Green or Kawhi is the best defender in the league. Green is more versatile but Kawhi is a better perimeter defender obviously.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
How is he openly campaigning for the award?

Iggy is a good defender but he doesn't have nearly the impact Green has. Either Green or Kawhi is the best defender in the league. Green is more versatile but Kawhi is a better perimeter defender obviously.

If you look at what James shot against Iggy during that first finals you might disagree. They were setting screens in an effort to get Iggy off him. That's impact. I'm watching as Green needed help guarding the corpse of Lamarcus Aldridge last night. They were doubling the post at times last night. All world defenders don't usually need help defending.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:16 pm 

You keep saying that but it's simply not true. Green didn't have a great game last night but Aldridge got all his points when Green wasn't guarding him except for a few baskets. I saw the 2015 Finals and I would guess that I've seen the Warriors play as much as anyone on the board except possibly Bagels, who not coincidentally is the only other member of this fan club. I have the stats and the entire NBA community on my side in this debate. You have nothing.

You didn't answer my question. How is Green campaigning for himself?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:19 pm 

Also, they never "doubled" Aldridge. What you're thinking of is having guys like Curry, Klay, and Iggy who would come in and swipe at the ball when Aldridge was trying to post up. They do that because Aldridge is a terrible ball handler and below average passer. Not because they are worried about him scoring on Green.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Also, they never "doubled" Aldridge. What you're thinking of is having guys like Curry, Klay, and Iggy who would come in and swipe at the ball when Aldridge was trying to post up. They do that because Aldridge is a terrible ball handler and below average passer. Not because they are worried about him scoring on Green.

Durant doubled him a couple of times. Van Gundy called it also. Aldridge went right at him in the first quarter twice and scored.

Guys score im not going to hold it against him. It's not about whether he is a terrible defender but I could name about 5 guys that are easily better defensively.

You are placing him in all time territory and he simply isn't that. As far as,Warriors go I watch but I also watch other teams that is why I'm able to say that.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:56 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
You keep saying that but it's simply not true. Green didn't have a great game last night but Aldridge got all his points when Green wasn't guarding him except for a few baskets. I saw the 2015 Finals and I would guess that I've seen the Warriors play as much as anyone on the board except possibly Bagels, who not coincidentally is the only other member of this fan club. I have the stats and the entire NBA community on my side in this debate. You have nothing.

He has been openly stating that he should be defensive player of the year for at least the last year.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:05 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He has been openly stating that he should be defensive player of the year for at least the last year.

I don't think he's said that once. He's been saying he wants to win it and it's a goal of his.

Gary Payton thinks he should be DPOY. Iguodala says Green is special defensively and will win multiple DPOY awards. Funny how guys you think are much better than Green defensively seem to recognize he's one of the games best but you still don't. There's really no case to be made he's not a top 5 defender in the NBA. You're just trolling at this point.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:17 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't think he's said that once. He's been saying he wants to win it and it's a goal of his.

Gary Payton thinks he should be DPOY. Iguodala says Green is special defensively and will win multiple DPOY awards. Funny how guys you think are much better than Green defensively seem to recognize he's one of the games best but you still don't. There's really no case to be made he's not a top 5 defender in the NBA. You're just trolling at this point.

I will watch tomorrow. Aldridge will score 20+ and you will say that Green didn't guard him. They will play Cleveland and he won't guard James either. Begs the question as to when all of this expert defensive work is being done. When I look at guys that have acquired the rep it has been earned by shutting guys down.

Can't find many if any with Green. Caught a break with Blake's injury past 2 seasons. Aldridge can still score so let's see.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:29 pm 

Green did guard Aldridge a lot yesterday. Aldridge got almost all of his points against Durant and Zaza.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

If MJ was a top defender then why didn't heguard Penny, Stockton, Payton, Miller, etc.? Guess he wasn't as great as I thought he was. Bruce Bowen is better than MJ because he took the toughest defense assignments. Raja Bell is next.

No offense but you really do demonstrate a great deal of ignorance about this at times. I mean it with due respect.

I need to ask if you'd ever seen Jordan play pre retirement? If you had seen him then you'd know which assignments he took.

He always guarded Harper Dumars Richmond Drexler etc. He checked his position each and every time. All of the guys that you name came along when he was 33 + and none with the exception of Miller played his position. He checked Miller so I don't know why you'd decide to list him.

Jordan always took covers. Watch the tape instead of disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

Green is a good defender but he is nowhere near the best defender I've ever seen and I don't think he is the best defender in the league.

I didn't list those guys because I knew he checked them :D. Point is on the ball defense is not the only type of defense you can contribute to the team.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:44 pm 

That seems to be the disconnect here. Ltg thinks on the ball defense is the only type of defense. I think he sees little to no value in help defense. Draymond is a great on the ball defender but he is the best help defender in the entire NBA. Taking him out of the paint on every defensive possession would cripple Golden States defense.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:47 pm 

Draymond at his best:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7sBckMFFMlQ

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:32 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I didn't list those guys because I knew he checked them :D. Point is on the ball defense is not the only type of defense you can contribute to the team.

I know it isn't but when you start talking best in the league I wouldn't attribute it to a guy whose primary strength is help defense. It's important but there is nothing better than guys that take tough covers and hold guys to bad nights.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:29 pm 

The Rockets and Thunder could both desperately use a Draymond Green. Not every great player on a championship team can score 25.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
FavreFan wrote:
The Rockets and Thunder could both desperately use a Draymond Green. Not every great player on a championship team can score 25.

Every single team in the NBA could desperately use a Draymond Green. There is a reason he is a Top 20 player or so without scoring ~25 PPG.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:48 pm 

The Fan Club enthusiastically supports this tweet:

Draymond Green
@Money23Green
Don’t bring my name up No neck. I’m not the topic of y’all conversation today.
6:26 PM · Jan 24, 2018

No Neck is Brian Windhorst, one of the worst reporters in the country.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JRAM_91/stat ... e-video%2F

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
FavreFan wrote:

No Neck is Brian Windhorst, one of the worst reporters in the country.

i kinda like Brain Geltzeilier
he's on 10 Before Tip a lot

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:00 pm 

We’re back in business!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:04 pm 

Gar Forman is still good with Marcus Teague

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
veganfan21 wrote:
Gar Forman is still good with Marcus Teague

why do you REALLY think they started calling the D-League the G-League? #AllGarAllDay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:25 pm 

Quote:
After muddling through the “mind-fuck” of falling off the mountain and losing interest in the game during Golden State’s injury-ravaged post-KD year in the gutter, Green has come out the other side, every bit as ferocious and all-encompassing an offense-wrecker as he was at the height of the Dubs dynasty. Now working within a revamped roster, he is the heart of what has been the NBA’s best defense by a mile—according to Cleaning the Glass, the gap between the Warriors and second-place Suns is nearly as large as the one between the Suns and the no. 13 Pacers. He looks for all the world like a man for whom last season’s return to the All-Defensive first team wasn’t quite good enough.

“I want to be a Defensive Player of the Year again,” he recently told reporters. “I want to be an All-Star again.”

Green’s posting his highest block percentage in four years and the best defensive rebound rate of his career. The 31-year-old’s looking as lithe and lively as he has in ages: directing traffic and barking out coverages, flying around the court to stall dribble penetration, nailing rotations to douse fires before they can start, recovering to protect the rim, clearing the defensive glass, and doing it all again with a smile. (OK, sure, sometimes it’s a sneer.)

Andrew Wiggins has earned Steve Kerr’s trust as Golden State’s first line of defense against top wing scorers, but Green remains the trump card Kerr plays when he really needs someone’s water shut off. It’s Draymond who wrestles Anthony Davis and chases stretch bigs like Jaren Jackson Jr. 28 feet away from the rim; it’s Draymond who fights through screens to harass Kevin Durant all over the floor, and dares smaller magicians like CP3 and Damian Lillard to try to pull something on him.

When he’s not bodying up the best of the best, Draymond lays back, surveys the chessboard, and plots a checkmate. Few players in league history have ever been better at reading the floor, diagnosing an offense’s preferred plan of attack, snuffing it out, and forcing them to try something else—one reason a microscopic 23.7 percent of Warriors opponents’ shot attempts have come at the basket with Draymond on the court, according to Cleaning the Glass, nearly 10 percent lower than the league average.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Known in NBA circles as "Triple Single" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:39 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Known in NBA circles as "Triple Single" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’ll admit thats a great diss nickname. But Draymond is back and NBA analysts are taking notice

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:51 pm 

To rock my soul