It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Naming myself President.

If he just stops kicking guys in the nuts, I'll have zero complaints about him.

All I wanna know, who's coming with me?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:24 am 

First order of business:

Number one reason to like Draymond: He is on a team with Steph Curry(2x MVP, 4x All Star), Kevin Durant(8x All Star, MVP, 5x All NBA 1st Team), and Klay Thompson(3x All Star) and all of them would tell you that Draymond is the leader of this team.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:39 am 

long time guy wrote:
Gobert is 7'3. He should be able to shoot over Draymond Green and score with no problem Green is a position defender against guys his size. He isn't a shot blocker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Fi_UNsojg

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:45 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Is anyone in your club but you?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
pittmike wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i've always believed you make him a 1a or #2 option on a bad team and he would fail big time.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:35 am 

This guy gets it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUa_UgGBu1g

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:18 am 

cry more

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Draymond Green is a poor man's Jimmy Butler.

I'd take him on the Bulls.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
This is at an ltg level of cross-climbing.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:43 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:29 am 

pittmike wrote:

No, I don't believe so.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:58 am 

FF has me on ignore

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:01 am 

My bad. I'm pretty hungover and didn't pay attention to the gif

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I detest Green but you have be blind to think he's top 3 in the league defensively. He should have won DPOY over Leonard last year and will deservedly get it this year.

I will say I dislike the idea I sometimes see floated that he could go blow-for-blow with Rodman when people do Bulls-Warriors fantasy match-ups. Green's a hothead and exactly the kind of guy Rodman would prey on mentally.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:29 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
I detest Green but you have be blind to think he's top 3 in the league defensively. He should have won DPOY over Leonard last year and will deservedly get it this year.

I will say I dislike the idea I sometimes see floated that he could go blow-for-blow with Rodman when people do Bulls-Warriors fantasy match-ups. Green's a hothead and exactly the kind of guy Rodman would prey on mentally.

When they play Cleveland he has to shut or even guard LeBron then. They guys I listed take that cover. If he is a top 3 guy then he has to guard Lebron. If they are placing Iggy on him then how is Green the better defender?

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

When they play Cleveland he has to shut or even guard LeBron then. They guys I listed take that cover. If he is a top 3 guy then he has to guard Lebron. If they are placing Iggy on him then how is Green the better defender?

This is overly simplistic and you should know better. When people say Green's one of the best defenders, that doesn't mean he automatically must be matched against the best player on the other team. What makes him so good is specifically his work as a frontcourt defensive anchor who also happens to defend stretch bigs better than anyone in the league. The Warriors whole system potentially breaks down if and when you simply match him with Lebron, especially because his help defense and ability to shut down or switch on pick and rolls is absolutely crucial.

If you want to deny that he's effective at all in those one-on-one matchups however, through the first 4 games of the finals, Lebron was 5/14 with 4 turnovers when defended by Green. In game 7, Lebron had 0 points on 12 possessions that Green guarded him. He was statistically the number 1 post and ISO defender in the league last season for a reason.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
billypootons wrote:
i've always believed you make him a 1a or #2 option on a bad team and he would fail big time.

You're absolutely right. He can't handle the pressure now of being the 4th option.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Definitely overrated

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:25 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

This is overly simplistic and you should know better. When people say Green's one of the best defenders, that doesn't mean he automatically must be matched against the best player on the other team. What makes him so good is specifically his work as a frontcourt defensive anchor who also happens to defend stretch bigs better than anyone in the league. The Warriors whole system potentially breaks down if and when you simply match him with Lebron, especially because his help defense and ability to shut down or switch on pick and rolls is absolutely crucial.

If you want to deny that he's effective at all in those one-on-one matchups however, through the first 4 games of the finals, Lebron was 5/14 with 4 turnovers when defended by Green. In game 7, Lebron had 0 points on 12 possessions that Green guarded him. He was statistically the number 1 post and ISO defender in the league last season for a reason.

Damn. Owned.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:29 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

He is an excellent team defender good on help side stuff and all that but when you talk top guy in the league to me it has to be a shut down kind of guy. If Draemond takes the Lebron cover and shuts him down they win going away. Lebron and Kyrie won that series for Cleveland. You take one away its a rout.

He has to take the cover if he is that guy. I've always based defense on guys ability to guard one on one. That is what defines best to me. Some base it on team defense but guys that overly rely on that have always been second tier to me. I cant ever remember seeing him lock someone up. I know he has but I don't remember him doing it. I've seen KLay and Iggy do it and those are just guys from his own team. Kawhi does it TA does it Bradley does it. Howard used to do it.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:42 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

But when Draymond was the primary defender, Iguodala was helping (like hell) with him, wasn't he?

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Correct me if I am wrong. but didn't Thibs and Adams want Green? But they wound up with Marquis Teague :(

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong. but didn't Thibs and Adams want Green? But they wound up with Marquis Teague :(

You're right about them wanting him. I can't remember what player they got in return.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

But when Draymond was the primary defender, Iguodala was helping (like hell) with him, wasn't he?

This happens all the time. Let's face it: the LBJs, Durants, Kobes, etc., are unstoppable, no matter who guards them. Getting beat by those kinds of players doesn't diminish your standing in any way as a top flight defensive player. The defender is at a disadvantage anyways given that his back is toward the goal he's defending, and also because the rules favor offense. LTG's standards in this regard tend to be simplistic - it's not a cage match.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:19 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

This happens all the time. Let's face it: the LBJs, Durants, Kobes, etc., are unstoppable, no matter who guards them. Getting beat by those kinds of players doesn't diminish your standing in any way as a top flight defensive player. The defender is at a disadvantage anyways given that his back is toward the goal he's defending, and also because the rules favor offense. LTG's standards in this regard tend to be simplistic - it's not a cage match.

Not really. You know lockdown guys when you see them. If you look at the year before Iggy locked LeBron James up. Tony Allen did the same thing to him years ago when he played with Boston. Look at their shooting percentages when guys like that were guarding them. Did they have to become "volume" scorers in order to get theres. Were they guarding one on one.

Your special defenders can do that. When you have guys that can take one on one covers it makes team defense much easier. Don't have to do all that switching. Your top guys will sometimes get theirs points wise but you see them have to take a lot of shots.

Patrick did that to Westbrook last series. Patrick is a helluva defender too. Guys that are good at rotating which Draymond is aren't as important as lock down guys.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:00 am 

Saw quite a few instances yesterday where top defender needed help in order to guard Lamarcus Aldridge. They were actually doubling Aldridge with Durant when he took Green in the post.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:01 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Saw quite a few instances yesterday where top defender needed help in order to guard Lamarcus Aldridge. They were actually doubling Aldridge with Durant when he took Green in the post.

Green shut Aldridge down after Kawhi went out of the game. The Spurs were 3-11 against Green on one on one plays.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Green shut Aldridge down after Kawhi went out of the game. The Spurs were 3-11 against Green on one on one plays.

Aldridge beat him on back to back plays
Leonard beat him off the dribble and slid to the rack for a layup
Simmons caught him cheating and back doored him for a layup.

those are just the plays that I paid attention to. Great Mike Breen also stated that Iggy takes the best offensive player each and every game. If that is the case (which we know it to be) then How can Draymond be the best defensive player in the league?

That 9 and 7 stat line was really instrumental to the win also.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:50 pm 

Draymond is the only rim protector on the team. It makes no sense to have him guarding guys one on one at the perimeter. That would create lanes to the rim all day for the other team. I've explained this to you multiple times.

To rock my soul