It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Rough night for the "Kyrie is better than Steph" folks

Steph, for all his offensive prowess, still strikes me as a little kid at the big boy table. Durant helps him immensely this year.

Durant helps everyone he plays with but Steph won MVP twice without him. He's great on his own

He got beat up by a guy playing down at the Y. I still maintain his injury wasn't that serious.

I think it's obvious he was hurt but it's not worth arguing about. He was great two years ago and looks great again now

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:43 am 

When you start begging guys to play with you and teaming up for the sake of rings it takes away from whatever individual greatness you profess to have.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Rough night for the "Kyrie is better than Steph" folks

Steph, for all his offensive prowess, still strikes me as a little kid at the big boy table. Durant helps him immensely this year.

Durant helps everyone he plays with but Steph won MVP twice without him. He's great on his own

He got beat up by a guy playing down at the Y. I still maintain his injury wasn't that serious.

I think it's obvious he was hurt but it's not worth arguing about. He was great two years ago and looks great again now

I love the kid...I'm a huge Warriors fan. But it sure seemed like when the pressure was the greatest, he was nowhere to be found. The Cavs are a bunch of front runners...and Steph seemed that way too. Not looking to argue either. Irving is a terrible defender as well, despite having size on Curry.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:45 am 

long time guy wrote:
When you start begging guys to play with you and teaming up for the sake of rings it takes away from whatever individual greatness you profess to have.

that narrative is very 90's. I highly doubt also that Durant is concerned with his individual greatness/standing. He wants a ring. And he wants to have fun. I think it's clear that he and Westbrook did not like each other all that well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
welp after watching last night alls i can say is that i hope cleveland fans loaded up on "Eastern Conference Champions" swag this season =P #ThisALookANoGoodA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:29 am 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:

that narrative is very 90's. I highly doubt also that Durant is concerned with his individual greatness/standing. He wants a ring. And he wants to have fun. I think it's clear that he and Westbrook did not like each other all that well.

No such thing as old school new school when it comes to being a competitor.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:55 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
This is really bad for the NBA if this is a blowout. The salary cap rules designed to keep parity seem to have backfired and made the NBA product the worst it has been since right after Jordan left.

I don't know how a fan of any team but the Warriors gets excited for next year. I guess the Cavs fans could if the Cavs somehow find a way to improve too. Every other team is basically at a lower level.

I agree with you, but the legions of basketbloggers who suck the NBA's dick at every turn won't allow this to be so. Even though any sensible person can see that it's bad when two teams go 24-1 through the first three rounds en route to their third rematch and then one of those teams still gets plastered, we'll hear that the game has never been better, the Warriors have once again changed the way we think about the way we think about the way we think about basketball, black America #resisted Drumpf because Kevin Durant made some shots, there have never been more Chinese people watching, etc., etc., etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
It will be interesting to see what kind of adjustments need to be made before the next game. It's hard for LeBron and Kyrie to match Durant and Curry because if they cancel each other the Warriors have enough guys to outscore the Cavs lesser players.

Here are some stats that I noticed looking at the box score. Tristan Thompson had 4 boards and 0 points. LeBron had 8 turnovers and the Cavs had 20 as a team compared to 4 by the Warriors. The Cavs shot 9 more free throws than the Warriors. Even though I felt like Kevin Love had a decent game he was still only 4 for 13 from the field. The Cavs shot just under 35 percent from the field. That seems unlikely to happen again. Draymond and Klay combined to go 6 for 28.

Basically I think game 2 should be closer, but you have to like the Warriors at home.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Curious Hair wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
This is really bad for the NBA if this is a blowout. The salary cap rules designed to keep parity seem to have backfired and made the NBA product the worst it has been since right after Jordan left.

I don't know how a fan of any team but the Warriors gets excited for next year. I guess the Cavs fans could if the Cavs somehow find a way to improve too. Every other team is basically at a lower level.

I agree with you, but the legions of basketbloggers who suck the NBA's dick at every turn won't allow this to be so. Even though any sensible person can see that it's bad when two teams go 24-1 through the first three rounds en route to their third rematch and then one of those teams still gets plastered, we'll hear that the game has never been better, the Warriors have once again changed the way we think about the way we think about the way we think about basketball, black America #resisted Drumpf because Kevin Durant made some shots, there have never been more Chinese people watching, etc., etc., etc.

FF swears that the NBA is wide open and there are a number of teams who can win every year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:14 pm 

Drake LaRrieta wrote:
It will be interesting to see what kind of adjustments need to be made before the next game. It's hard for LeBron and Kyrie to match Durant and Curry because if they cancel each other the Warriors have enough guys to outscore the Cavs lesser players.

Here are some stats that I noticed looking at the box score. Tristan Thompson had 4 boards and 0 points. LeBron had 8 turnovers and the Cavs had 20 as a team compared to 4 by the Warriors. The Cavs shot 9 more free throws than the Warriors. Even though I felt like Kevin Love had a decent game he was still only 4 for 13 from the field. The Cavs shot just under 35 percent from the field. That seems unlikely to happen again. Draymond and Klay combined to go 6 for 28.

Basically I think game 2 should be closer, but you have to like the Warriors at home.

Cleveland was also blown out in last years game 1 as I remember. They can play with G.S. This series will go a minimum 6 games

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
leashyourkids wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

FF swears that the NBA is wide open and there are a number of teams who can win every year.

Win the draft lottery? Sure

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:18 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

They can play with G.S.

The difference is that Curry is playing better so far this series and the Warriors have Durant. Last year Iguodala started in the Finals, so even he has been bumped down a spot. The turning point last year was the injury of Bogut and Green being suspended in Game 5.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:19 pm 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:

there are different levels of competitor.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:20 pm 

I'd rather see the best teams playing for championship. Doesn't bother me that you sort of know who will be there every year. If mediocre teams made it to the Finals the same crowd of critics would be bashing the quality of play.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:21 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Don't really know what you mean by that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:22 pm 

long time guy wrote:
I'd rather see the best teams playing for championship.

The only way the playoffs improve in the early rounds is the playoffs are seeded 1 through 16 with an interconference playoffs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:23 pm 

Drake LaRrieta wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

They can play with G.S.

The difference is that Curry is playing better so far this series and the Warriors have Durant. Last year Iguodala started in the Finals, so even he has been bumped down a spot. The turning point last year was the injury of Bogut and Green being suspended in Game 5.

There are some differences but I could also argue that Love is playing better too. Cavs also have a better bench than last season. G.S. is the favorite but Cleveland will give them a series.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:27 pm 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:

some guys are ruthless. Jordan, for example. Other guys want to play basketball to have fun (see Gasol, P). Some guys only become competitors when they get slapped in the face. Other guys stop being competitors when they get slapped in the face.

Thompson is the major key in this series. Cleveland's hope is to go big, and get better defenders out there...slow the game down. They can't run with the Warriors...they start too many starting defensive liabilities and a guy who I have always liked, Deron Williams looks frightened out there.

The Cavs came back on the Warriors a few years ago because Love was out, Irving was out and Della was in, Shumpert was in. They hit ungodly percentages 3 point wise and played defense. This Cavs team is too diversified, too reliant on defensive liabilities. Thompson should have had way more boards. How does Kevin Love get 18 and Thompson get, what, four?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:39 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:

some guys are ruthless. Jordan, for example. Other guys want to play basketball to have fun (see Gasol, P). Some guys only become competitors when they get slapped in the face. Other guys stop being competitors when they get slapped in the face.

Thompson is the major key in this series. Cleveland's hope is to go big, and get better defenders out there...slow the game down. They can't run with the Warriors...they start too many starting defensive liabilities and a guy who I have always liked, Deron Williams looks frightened out there.

The Cavs came back on the Warriors a few years ago because Love was out, Irving was out and Della was in, Shumpert was in. They hit ungodly percentages 3 point wise and played defense. This Cavs team is too diversified, too reliant on defensive liabilities. Thompson should have had way more boards. How does Kevin Love get 18 and Thompson get, what, four?

Are you implying that Cleveland was better with Matthew Delladova and Shumpert starting as opposed to Irving and Love? Are you crazy?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:55 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I'd rather see the best teams playing for championship.

The only way the playoffs improve in the early rounds is the playoffs are seeded 1 through 16 with an interconference playoffs.

The plan I saw for five divisions of six was perfect for the NBA. Yeah, Warriors-Magic is a cumbersome first round with regard to time zones, but hey, that won't bother China! The NBA is just a TV show for China now, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:20 pm 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You wanna talk about not competing?

https://streamable.com/cjhvz

Look at that clip. Steph is competing. Kyrie is not.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:21 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Lyin' Leash at it again. Sad!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Steph Curry has already revealed himself to be a gutless frontrunning coward. I'm cool on his non competitiveness until he starts taking covers on top tier point guards.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:26 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Steph Curry has already revealed himself to be a gutless frontrunning coward. I'm cool on his non competitiveness until he starts taking covers on top tier point guards.

:lol: :lol:

He completely dominated his matchup last night, in the Finals. Not much more you can ask for. And it's because of plays like that one too, not just his shooting.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:

:lol: :lol:

He completely dominated his matchup last night, in the Finals. Not much more you can ask for. And it's because of plays like that one too, not just his shooting.

I'm fairly certain that his scary ass allowed Klay Thompson to Guard Irving. Can't be a matchup unless its a matchup.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:23 pm 

It still amuses me that you think he has a say in it. Golden State has one of the best defenses in the league. They match up the way they do for a reason. Every team in the league does cross matching.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
It still amuses me that you think he has a say in it. Golden State has one of the best defenses in the league. They match up the way they do for a reason. Every team in the league does cross matching.

They have been hiding Curry on defense for about 6 years now. It preceded the arrival of Kerr and the "genius" of Ron Adams. They do it because he can't guard a ham sandwich. Scheming plays no role because when they play the Spurs he has no problem taking the Patty Mills assignment.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

They have been hiding Curry on defense for about 6 years now. It preceded the arrival of Kerr and the "genius" of Ron Adams. They do it because he can't guard a ham sandwich. Scheming plays no role because when they play the Spurs he has no problem taking the Patty Mills assignment.

That's why JR Smith needs to take more than 4 fucking shots when he has Curry, or anyone else on him. Ffs if Cleveland's bench doesn't wake up this series could be the ugliest finals ive ever seen.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jbi11s wrote:

That's why JR Smith needs to take more than 4 fucking shots when he has Curry, or anyone else on him.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
veganfan21 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

That's why JR Smith needs to take more than 4 fucking shots when he has Curry, or anyone else on him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next