It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
IkeSouth wrote:
The NBA is rigged

Pay attention to us old crackers :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:10 pm 

i could always tell the league is weighted to produce desireable outcomes... through questionable trades, lottery picks (drose, the celtics this year), and its been proven that refs do fix some games...

I never saw something as blatent and bad as last night though. it appeared that everyone on the court, from coaches, to refs to players were in on that joke. That was bad enough it made me question why I watch this league. I really dont care if shady things happen off the court, but when the game is on I expect to watch a real competition. If the outcomes are predeclded I might as well watch wrestling.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
It's no one's fault that the game has evolved the way it has... and I know some prefer it... but I just can't appreciate living and dying by the three as much as they do. The games often just come down to who hits a barrage of threes. Again, it's just personal preference, but mine isn't this. It's nearly impossible to guard, and it makes the teams bipolar. It's sometimes exciting, but the way a team can win by shooting 35 foot jumpers isn't as cool to watch for me personally.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:32 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
It's no one's fault that the game has evolved the way it has... and I know some prefer it... but I just can't appreciate living and dying by the three as much as they do. The games often just come down to who hits a barrage of threes. Again, it's just personal preference, but mine isn't this. It's nearly impossible to guard, and it makes the teams bipolar. It's sometimes exciting, but the way a team can win by shooting 35 foot jumpers isn't as cool to watch for me personally.

I agree I wish they would just get rid of the 3 point line. Its not needed in the NBA.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I enjoy it. The game feels faster nowadays.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:40 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

Court seems short as hell too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:41 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

I agree and I love the league. In my opinion overeliance on the 3 cost G.S against Cleveland last season. It's hurting the NBA currently. Overeliance leads to a lot of bad shots and questionable decisions.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:17 pm 

The team that is best at the 3 point game has been in the last 3 Finals and is about to win it's 2nd and have won the most games in a season.....it's just so many team that suck at 3 pt. shooting ie.Da Bulls.All leagues are copycats since the Warriors are the best everyone wants to be like them....but can't :(

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I was disappointed. Up until the end I thought Golden State had a chance, but they couldn't get the lead down under 14 points. The first quarter was insane. I can't remember a Finals game ever where the home team shoots 20 free throws in the first quarter. Everything went right for Cleveland and just about everything went wrong for Golden State. If you take the first quarter out Cleveland only wins by 5.

I do not think the Warriors will shoot 28 percent from three and that Cleveland will shoot 53 percent from three in the next game. The Warriors are just fortunate Kevin Durant won them game 3 or this would be a 2-2 series going home for Game 5.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
leashyourkids wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Court seems short as hell too.

The almost perverse size and speed combination of MANY players account for that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:

I agree 100%.

I'm scared

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:

Gotta love overreactions to one record setting game

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

:lol:

I'll let LYK speak for himself, but he clearly was referring to the general style of play nowadays and not just last night's game.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:11 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I'll let LYK speak for himself, but he clearly was referring to the general style of play nowadays and not just last night's game.

I was just giving him shit but "whoever hits the most threes wins" is oversimplistic and wrong.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:36 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
The team that is best at the 3 point game has been in the last 3 Finals and is about to win it's 2nd and have won the most games in a season.....it's just so many team that suck at 3 pt. shooting ie.Da Bulls.All leagues are copycats since the Warriors are the best everyone wants to be like them....but can't :(

That style of play hasn't been shown to be the blueprint for success. It has worked for the Warriors but it doesn't mean that it will work for everyone else.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:46 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:

That style of play hasn't been shown to be the blueprint for success. It has worked for the Warriors but it doesn't mean that it will work for everyone else.

well if it doesn't you can say dynasty

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I was just giving him shit but "whoever hits the most threes wins" is oversimplistic and wrong.

I'm not reacting to one game. This entire series between the best two teams in the NBA has been like that. Of course "whoever hits the most threes wins" is overly simplistic, but it's absolutely the style of the game. You don't have to get butthurt... I'm not even saying it's bad - it's just not something I enjoy as much as I did prior styles of play.

I was also going to comment that, even though I troll about the Bulls sweeping these teams, I don't really think that. Either one would be a tough out... the Warriors moreso than the Cavs... but I do think you have to account for the fact that most teams in the league play a similar style to GS now (just not as good), and they have little option not to due to the way young players are developed. The Cavs are basically Lebron, Kyrie, a couple rebounders, and a slew of three-point shooters. That DOES have a tendency to make the style look better than it is because there are no teams who can play a different style and capitalize on GS's weaknesses. If GS played a team that was built with physical interior and wing players across the board, they wouldn't look as dominant or offensively unstoppable as they do. The difference in style would slow them down and force them to play a different style of game. There's no team in the NBA capable of that right now, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I'm not reacting to one game. This entire series between the best two teams in the NBA has been like that. Of course "whoever hits the most threes wins" is overly simplistic, but it's absolutely the style of the game. You don't have to get butthurt... I'm not even saying it's bad - it's just not something I enjoy as much as I did prior styles of play.

I was also going to comment that, even though I troll about the Bulls sweeping these teams, I don't really think that. Either one would be a tough out... the Warriors moreso than the Cavs... but I do think you have to account for the fact that most teams in the league play a similar style to GS now (just not as good), and they have little option not to due to the way young players are developed. The Cavs are basically Lebron, Kyrie, a couple rebounders, and a slew of three-point shooters. That DOES have a tendency to make the style look better than it is because there are no teams who can play a different style and capitalize on GS's weaknesses. If GS played a team that was built with physical interior and wing players across the board, they wouldn't look as dominant or offensively unstoppable as they do. The difference in style would slow them down and force them to play a different style of game. There's no team in the NBA capable of that right now, though.

This goes back to something others like JORR and LTG have brought up, that being the death of the post game or maybe the post player. Guys 6'8, 6'9, even 6'10 are messin around with a dribble drive, pull up J game instead of banging around in the paint. At his size, if Kevin Durant was born in the 1960s instead of the 1980s does he even attempt 10 three pointers over the course of the season? My guess is no - in his youth, someone would have taken him aside, told him to put some meat on those bones, and then taught him how to leverage his length and skill to become a great post player. Same with all these tall ass "small forwards" messing around on the perimeter these days. To be honest, I enjoy watching KD's game more than I would watching him if he had a classic post game, but that doesn't mean I don't see the value of a post game and how having one changes the flow of the entire game on both sides of the ball, to LYK's point. It's become a lost art.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:15 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

This goes back to something others like JORR and LTG have brought up, that being the death of the post game or maybe the post player. Guys 6'8, 6'9, even 6'10 are messin around with a dribble drive, pull up J game instead of banging around in the paint. At his size, if Kevin Durant was born in the 1960s instead of the 1980s does he even attempt 10 three pointers over the course of the season? My guess is no - in his youth, someone would have taken him aside, told him to put some meat on those bones, and then taught him how to leverage his length and skill to become a great post player. Same with all these tall ass "small forwards" messing around on the perimeter these days. To be honest, I enjoy watching KD's game more than I would watching him if he had a classic post game, but that doesn't mean I don't see the value of a post game and how having one changes the flow of the entire game on both sides of the ball, to LYK's point. It's become a lost art.

You're right. There would have been all type of pressure on him to bang down low. There were guys back in the day that had height and skill sets similar to KD. Tom Chambers comes immediately to mind. Hell Bird was a 6'10 mostly perimeter guy. I think they definitely would not have allowed him to dribble out high like he does.

The Durants of the world are fine. The problem that I have is when I see guys like Boogie launching 3's. Karl Anthony Towns too. That's my issue. They would be much more devastating if they played closer to the basket. I don't mind 3's launching but when your 5 man is taking 4-5 a game that's an issue.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:18 pm 

Well, San Antonio migjt have beat Golden State if Kawhi didn't get hurt, so obviously playing a slower style is going to be more effective against them than playing a shittier version of their game. But in general, a team that hits more three pointers is usually going to win a game, regardless of era. There's a reason the game evolved the way it has. That's why I would like Golden State's chances against any team in history. Their shooting percentages combined with their number of possessions and pace would simply put the math in their favor. I do think a team like the 96 Bulls would give them them more problems than a team with a dominant post player though. Perimeter defense is a lot more important than low post scoring in countering the Warriors, imo.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:21 pm 

Towns averaged 25-12. I doubt he would improve those numbers significantly if he stopped taking three point shots.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:22 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Well, San Antonio migjt have beat Golden State if Kawhi didn't get hurt, so obviously playing a slower style is going to be more effective against them than playing a shittier version of their game. But in general, a team that hits more three pointers is usually going to win a game, regardless of era. There's a reason the game evolved the way it has. That's why I would like Golden State's chances against any team in history. Their shooting percentages combined with their number of possessions and pace would simply put the math in their favor. I do think a team like the 96 Bulls would give them them more problems than a team with a dominant post player though. Perimeter defense is a lot more important than low post scoring in countering the Warriors, imo.

The Bulls had a dominant post player. He just happened to be a 2-guard.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:22 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Towns averaged 25-12. I doubt he would improve those numbers significantly if he stopped taking three point shots.

The Timberwolves announcers thinks that he would and that's good enough for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:28 pm 

There's a reason the Memphis Grizzlies were such a tough out for a couple years. It's because they played inside-out and had a couple post men who could do it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:32 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Right but you know what I'm talking about. The people acting like any team with Shaq or Kareem would destroy the Warriors.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:35 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
There's a reason the Memphis Grizzlies were such a tough out for a couple years. It's because they played inside-out and had a couple post men who could do it.

I know many disagree but for about a 2 year stretch they may have been the most talented team in the league. They broke that team up for salary cap reasons not because Gay was a loser. There were beset by a major injury one off those years or else they come out of the West. They Avg. Maybe 5 attempts a game at the time.

They played a power post game and simply wore people out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:35 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

Well, it's also because they had very good players all around. Marc Gasol and Tony Allen were All defensive 1st team and at one point I think Gasol was All NBA 1st team, and Conley and Randolph were both very good as well.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:36 pm 

long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I know many disagree but for about a 2 year stretch they may have been the most talented team in the league. They broke that team up for salary cap reasons not because Gay was a loser. There were beset by a major injury one off those years or else they come out of the West. They Avg. Maybe 5 attempts a game at the time.

They played a power post game and simply wore people out.

They were very good and had 2 month stretches during the regular season where they looked dominant but they never really threatened to come out of the West.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Right but you know what I'm talking about. The people acting like any team with Shaq or Kareem would destroy the Warriors.

Showtime Lakers weren't just about Kareem though. Magic was their best player and they had other guys. Scott avg 20 a game. As far as perimeter Defense the Lakers had the best perimeter defender in the League. They would have prevented them from going small ball because of Kareems presence.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:40 pm 

There's nobody that would make the Warriors abandon small ball. They would just attempt to outscore any dominant Center.

The Spurs this year gave us the best possible blueprint against GS. Unbelievably good perimeter defense + slowed down pace + two way superstar that can outplay Durant on both ends of the court. It's just a shame Kawhi got hurt.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next