100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
How do you stop Kareem? Those 80's Lakers teams were solid defensively too.

They can't stop Lebron currently and doesn't matter. That 80's team would have no idea what to do against a team that shoots 40 threes and some nights makes half of them

Different game and the Lakers have more weapons. 4 guys that can get you 20 plus possibly the best low post center ever. They win in no more than 5 games.

Lakers don't have more weapons. The Warriors also have four guys who can get you 20 plus the best shooter ever.

Draymond Green getting 20? Career avg of about 12. The Lakers Green was comparable to him. The Lakers has 2 of the top 10 players in history on their team.

Match that if you can.

Look at the Warriors roster and look what the Warriors are doing to other teams this year. It does match that. And yes, draymond can easily score 20. This is where I remind you of game 7 last year once again

long time guy wrote:
Can but he has never avg anything close to it. The Lakers had 4 to 5 guys that avg 20 at various points of their career. I'd bet that A.C.s numbers are closer to Draemond and no one ever thought that much of A.C.

Durant isn't top 30 and Curry isn't top 50 all time.

Let's not forget about the bench. The Lakers bench was much better.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I wouldn't say much better. I'll put Iguodala up against any bench player from any of those teams

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Score cafe
Beardown wrote:
You still didn't answer my question, if the Sonics got 2 games, then GS sure as hell would get at least 2. It wouldn't be a sweep. It would probably go to 7 and Jordan would take 40 shot in that game 7.

Still waiting for you to answer my question. You're avoiding it. Cuz you know I'm right.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
I wouldn't say much better. I'll put Iguodala up against any bench player from any of those teams

Jesus

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beerdown wrote:
Beardown wrote:
You still didn't answer my question, if the Sonics got 2 games, then GS sure as hell would get at least 2. It wouldn't be a sweep. It would probably go to 7 and Jordan would take 40 shot in that game 7.

Still waiting for you to answer my question. You're avoiding it. Cuz you know I'm right.

Damn right, BEER. I was about to post that word for word. Thanks for doing it for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I think the Showtime teams would have had too much depth due to the difference in salary structure. In a 7-game series, they'd wear the Warriors out. Lakers in seven.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:12 pm 

If anyone wants to know why Teams like the Lakers would have murdered Golden State here's why. More scoring options. They wouldn't be able to hide Curry or even Green. No way you put Draemond Green on Kareem and get away with it. Byron Scott is a better player and scorer than J.R. Smith. Even A.C. could step out and knock a shot down. Modern NBA you typically have only 2 dominant scorers and the rest tend to be role players. Good teams of yesteryear had 3 great teams would have 4-5. Guys like Thompson and Smith would be bench players. 8-9th men at that. No way in hell would they start on an NBA finals team.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
If anyone wants to know why Teams like the Lakers would have murdered Golden State here's why. More scoring options. They wouldn't be able to hide Curry or even Green. No way you put Draemond Green on Kareem and get away with it. Byron Scott is a better player and scorer than J.R. Smith. Even A.C. could step out and knock a shot down. Modern NBA you typically have only 2 dominant scorers and the rest tend to be role players. Good teams of yesteryear had 3 great teams would have 4-5. Guys like Thompson and Smith would be bench players. 8-9th men at that. No way in hell would they start on an NBA finals team.

"Klay Thompson would be a bench player if he played in the 80's" is a really terrible thought.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:51 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

"Klay Thompson would be a bench player if he played in the 80's" is a really terrible thought.

I thought it was fairly obvious that I was talking about Tristan Thompson. Tristan would back up Klay's father, who was a backup himself. Much better player than Tristan though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:01 am 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
How do you stop Kareem? Those 80's Lakers teams were solid defensively too.

They can't stop Lebron currently and doesn't matter. That 80's team would have no idea what to do against a team that shoots 40 threes and some nights makes half of them

Yes.

Three point shooting then was only done if you were open.. Today its more a part of the game than the post up. Today, threes are shot on a fast break. Today guys pass on a short jumper and dribble backwards to shoot a three with a man in their face. Warriors do this better by far than any team. And they are unselfish. They move the ball. Once you get tired of getting burned by threes and over play on defense, they pump fake and drive or they cut back door and make the pass. As long as they make threes like they do, they will win 65 games a year.

Its like playing against the wishbone or run and shoot. You cant practice against because theres no way to simulate. Cavs won one game playing way over their heads and playing Golden States style. Warriors would have won nine out of ten if they had to.

You could argue Lakers or Bulls before this year but the Durant Warriors are the best. IMO anyway. But Im not happy about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:34 am 

If only someone had told all the teams chasing the Bulls to just shoot a lot of three pointers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:15 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If only someone had told all the teams chasing the Bulls to just shoot a lot of three pointers.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.