It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Beardown wrote:
Nas wrote:
Beardown wrote:
The Pacers took the Bulls to a game 7 for the love of God. C'mon Nas.

That was 1998. WTF does that mean? The Magic were better than the Warriors on paper and the Bulls swept them.

It just means that GS is better then that Pacers team thus the Bulls would not sweep them.

I'm talking 1996 Bulls. Who on the Warriors are better than Shaq or Penny?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Of course not. Golden State probably wins the series

You're WRONG. Everything new isn't better grasshopper.

I don't think everything new is better. The 80's Lakers would beat many recent champions. I just don't think they would be able to stop Golden State

The shorthanded Spurs would have beaten them. Only thing the Warriors do better is shoot 3's. That Lakers teams was more athletic, better defensively and more well rounded offensively. They had a better coach too.

Nonsense. The current Warriors team is way better defensively and more athletic. If you think the showtime lakers would win I understand that. Anyone saying it would be a sweep is a moron and just trying be over the top about hating on the warriors.

I didn't say sweep. Magic is the weak link defensively for the Lakers but he was solid playing team defense. The Warriors only have 2 good defenders. Let's not even talk about the bench. Lakers clearly have the edge. It goes no more than 6 regardless of the rules.

Again, the current Warriors are one of the best defensive teams in the league and have been for three years now. I'm not making that up or giving an opinion here. That's a fact. No 80's Lakers teams were ranked in the top 3 defensively.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Nas wrote:
Beardown wrote:

That was 1998. WTF does that mean? The Magic were better than the Warriors on paper and the Bulls swept them.

It just means that GS is better then that Pacers team thus the Bulls would not sweep them.

Durant and Curry are better than Penny. At the very least I'll say Curry is equal to Penny.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:08 pm 

Everyone says this nba postseason sucks because there's no competition and the Warriors are 14-0 and winning by an average of 17 a game. But all of a sudden all these historic teams, some of who didn't even win a title, are better. This is such a ridiculous conversation. You can't call Durant a pussy for teaming up with other stars and then at the same time argue his team isn't that great.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:09 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Everyone says this nba postseason sucks because there's no competition and the Warriors are 14-0 and winning by an average of 17 a game. But all of a sudden all these historic teams, some of who didn't even win a title, are better. This is such a ridiculous conversation. You can't call Durant a pussy for teaming up with other stars and then at the same time argue his team isn't that great.
The Warriors blew a 3-1 lead.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:10 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The Warriors blew a 3-1 lead.

Last year. We're talking about this year's team.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

You still didn't answer my question, if the Sonics got 2 games, then GS sure as hell would get at least 2. It wouldn't be a sweep. It would probably go to 7 and Jordan would take 40 shot in that game 7.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The problem for any of these past great teams against the Warriors is that very few teams have enough adept perimeter defenders to challenge them when they go small. Kareem or any other center going off hardly becomes an issue if the Warriors are consistently getting 3s on the other end and limiting the efforts of any teammates with their excellent defense. The rule changes and the more contemporary emphasis on the 3 make these kinds of match-ups extremely frustrating to think about.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:13 pm 

Beardown wrote:
You still didn't answer my question, if the Sonics got 2 games, then GS sure as hell would get at least 2. It wouldn't be a sweep. It would probably go to 7 and Jordan would take 40 shot in that game 7.

History proves Jordan refuses to play game 7s in the Finals.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:15 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
The problem for any of these past great teams against the Warriors is that very few teams have enough adept perimeter defenders to challenge them when they go small. Kareem or any other center going off hardly becomes an issue if the Warriors are consistently getting 3s on the other end and limiting the efforts of any teammates with their excellent defense. The rule changes and the more contemporary emphasis on the 3 make these kinds of match-ups extremely frustrating to think about.

Well said.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:15 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:

Jordan could literally be ungaurdable given the rules he would get to play under too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Beardown wrote:
Nas wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Nas wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Durant and Curry are better than Penny. At the very least I'll say Curry is equal to Penny.

Penny is definitely better than Tin Man and Curry. It's really not even close. If he doesn't get hurt we're talking Kobe good.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:25 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Jordan could literally be ungaurdable given the rules he would get to play under too.

Hot take: the greatest player of all time would still be great if he played today

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:26 pm 

Nas wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Nas wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Nas wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Penny is definitely better than Tin Man and Curry. It's really not even close. If he doesn't get hurt we're talking Kobe good.

Curry and Durant are all time great players too.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Hot take: the greatest player of all time would still be great if he played today

It is when people bring up how the composition if those older teams would struggle to matchup. Their offenses would be enhanced too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
How do you stop Kareem? Those 80's Lakers teams were solid defensively too.

They can't stop Lebron currently and doesn't matter. That 80's team would have no idea what to do against a team that shoots 40 threes and some nights makes half of them

Different game and the Lakers have more weapons. 4 guys that can get you 20 plus possibly the best low post center ever. They win in no more than 5 games.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:46 pm 

Curry isn't an All time great either. If you want to say shooter yes player no. Korver is an All time great shooter too.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:47 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

They can't stop Lebron currently and doesn't matter. That 80's team would have no idea what to do against a team that shoots 40 threes and some nights makes half of them

Different game and the Lakers have more weapons. 4 guys that can get you 20 plus possibly the best low post center ever. They win in no more than 5 games.

Lakers don't have more weapons. The Warriors also have four guys who can get you 20 plus the best shooter ever.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:49 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Lakers don't have more weapons. The Warriors also have four guys who can get you 20 plus the best shooter ever.

Draymond Green getting 20? Career avg of about 12. The Lakers Green was comparable to him. The Lakers had 2 of the top 10 players in history on their team.

Can G.S. match that?

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:50 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Curry isn't an All time great either.

2x MVP and four straight years on the All NBA first or second team and he's in his prime. You're wrong on this. When he retires he will have a resume that can go head to head with almost any other PG ever.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:51 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Draymond Green getting 20? Career avg of about 12. The Lakers Green was comparable to him. The Lakers has 2 of the top 10 players in history on their team.

Match that if you can.

Look at the Warriors roster and look what the Warriors are doing to other teams this year. It does match that. And yes, draymond can easily score 20. This is where I remind you of game 7 last year once again

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
My slanted take as I love the Lakers. GS has zero answers for Kareem. Worthy and Durant cancel each other out at worst. Magic while not a great defender can defend a long range shooter to some degree and on offense would have Curry spinning like a top. You can argue over AC Green and all the other marginal players but I do not see the point. I won't say sweep but the Lakers would not likely lose a series.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

2x MVP and four straight years on the All NBA first or second team and he's in his prime. You're wrong on this. When he retires he will have a resume that can go head to head with almost any other PG ever.

He has had 3 years where he could be considered elite. Before that he was just a guy. Their style of play elevates him but the fact that he cannot guard anyone hurts him as well as the fact that his decision making stinks. Turnover prone and really isn't a point in the truest sense of the term.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:59 pm 

pittmike wrote:
My slanted take as I love the Lakers. GS has zero answers for Kareem. Worthy and Durant cancel each other out at worst. Magic while not a great defender can defend a long range shooter to some degree and on offense would have Curry spinning like a top. You can argue over AC Green and all the other marginal players but I do not see the point. I won't say sweep but the Lakers would not likely lose a series.

The Lakers would go right at Draemond Green if he guarded Kareem. He'd have no chance. Magic was one of the smartest players to ever play the game. No way he doesn't exploit small ball. Plus the Lakers pushed the ball better than any team in the modern era. They avg 118 points in an era of more physicality and fewer 3 pointers. They pushed off makes and those missed 3's would be layups on the other end.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Draymond Green getting 20? Career avg of about 12. The Lakers Green was comparable to him. The Lakers has 2 of the top 10 players in history on their team.

Match that if you can.

Look at the Warriors roster and look what the Warriors are doing to other teams this year. It does match that. And yes, draymond can easily score 20. This is where I remind you of game 7 last year once again

Can but he has never avg anything close to it. The Lakers had 4 to 5 guys that avg 20 at various points of their career. I'd bet that A.C.s numbers are closer to Draemond and no one ever thought that much of A.C.

Durant isn't top 30 and Curry isn't top 50 all time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:11 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He has had 3 years where he could be considered elite. Before that he was just a guy. Their style of play elevates him but the fact that he cannot guard anyone hurts him as well as the fact that his decision making stinks. Turnover prone and really isn't a point in the truest sense of the term.

He's been a great player for the last five of his eight years in the league. His 2016 season is just outrageous. He shot 11 threes a game and made 45% of them!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He's been a great player for the last five of his eight years in the league. His 2016 season is just outrageous. He shot 11 threes a game and made 45% of them!

No he hasn't. About 4 years ago the fans of G.S wanted him traded instead of Monta Ellis. Hardly sounds like an All time great to me.

This is the same guy that struggled with Matthew Delladova a few years ago in the finals.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:19 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No he hasn't. About 4 years ago the fans of G.S wanted him traded instead of Monta Ellis. Hardly sounds like an All time great to me.

Fake news

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
If Jordan put money on a Bulls sweep, then the bulls sweep.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
KDdidit wrote:
If Jordan put money on a Bulls sweep, then the bulls sweep.