It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
At this point anyone saying LeBron is better is just trolling. If I need a triple double, I'd want LeBron. If I want to win a given game, I'd take Jordan and a number of other guys over LeBron.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:25 am 

FavreFan wrote:
At this point anyone saying LeBron is better is just trolling. If I need a triple double, I'd want LeBron. If I want to win a given game, I'd take Jordan and a number of other guys over LeBron.
I remember all the people that said "I think Jordan is really good but he doesn't get enough rebounds!" in the 90s.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:27 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I remember all the people that said "I think Jordan is really good but he doesn't get enough rebounds!" in the 90s.

LeBron can enjoy his GOAT title until Westbrook takes it from him ten years from now despite never winning even one ring. SO MANY TRIPLE DOUBLES THO

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:28 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
The '96 team puts gentleman's sweeps on any of the first threepeat teams ino

That was the best team. They coasted to a championship. Hitting the gas once so they could embarrass the Magic

Only let their foot off the gas when they got bored toying with a very talented Seattle team

That team had less competition than the teams in the first threepeat. The consensus among basketball experts is that the '91-'92 team is the best Bulls team.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:29 am 

FavreFan wrote:

That sums it up perfectly.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:30 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
The '96 team puts gentleman's sweeps on any of the first threepeat teams ino

That was the best team. They coasted to a championship. Hitting the gas once so they could embarrass the Magic

Only let their foot off the gas when they got bored toying with a very talented Seattle team

That team had less competition than the teams in the first threepeat. The consensus among basketball experts is that the '91-'92 team is the best Bulls team.

I don't think there is a concensus over which Bulls team is the best.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:32 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

LeBron can enjoy his GOAT title until Westbrook takes it from him ten years from now despite never winning even one ring. SO MANY TRIPLE DOUBLES THO
This has been a debate on the Purdue message boards too.

If Lebron is the GOAT then there are up to 5 players currently playing that are better than Jordan using the same criteria.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:35 am 

Those who support Lebron for GOAT have to go to the stat argument at this point. It is all they have.

But you just cannot get past the 3-5 record in the finals and even more the eye test in the playoffs. Standing to the side and watching Kyrie jack up back shots in game 3 will forever scream that Lebron is not the greatest.

Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Magic, Isaiah, hell even Iverson win game 3 in that same situation.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:41 am 

RFDC wrote:
But you just cannot get past the 3-5 record in the finals and even more the eye test in the playoffs. Standing to the side and watching Kyrie jack up back shots in game 3 will forever scream that Lebron is not the greatest.
The biggest problem now for Lebron is he wasn't even the best player in these Finals.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Jordan played 11 full seasons with the Bulls. they were 6-0 in the finals. do the math.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
The biggest problem now for Lebron is he wasn't even the best player in these Finals.

if the Cavs have prime era Jordan instead of Lebron, do they beat GS ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:57 am 

Bagels wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Probably

To rock my soul

Maybe.

Bagels wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

If the Bulls have prime era LeBron ( who am I kidding , his whole career is prime!!) instead of Michael are they 6-0 in the Finals?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Bagels wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Quite naturally.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:58 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

If the Bulls have prime era LeBron ( who am I kidding , his whole career is prime!!) instead of Michael are they 6-0 in the Finals?

NO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:05 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Prime era Jordan would have murdered Love and Kyrie. LeBron is arguably the most talented player ever but he's a beta.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:04 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I would say 75% yes. But certainly they would not have lost 3 to 1 and they would have won game 3

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:06 pm 

Does Jordan go to 8 finals and come up short on five of them? Uh, no. If he saw a hopeless cause he'd average 45/game. So the "stats" argument is idiotic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hatchetman wrote:
Does Jordan go to 8 finals and come up short on five of them? Uh, no. If he saw a hopeless cause he'd average 45/game. So the "stats" argument is idiotic.

No, but he did come up short once in the conference finals when he threw the ball to Nick Anderson.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:09 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

No, but he did come up short once in the conference finals when he threw the ball to Nick Anderson.

well he just came off the baseball field. maybe he thought he was hitting the cutoff man.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:10 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

:lol: after not playing the whole season

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hatchetman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

well he just came off the baseball field. maybe he thought he was hitting the cutoff man.

Hatchet, are you one of those guys who tuned out basketball after Jordan retired?

Last edited by Jbi11s on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

Hatchetman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

There is no criticizing Jordan in a conversation with a Bulls fan. When it suits the argument he was better than ever scoring 55 against the Knicks and leading the Bulls on a 17 game winning streak. But when it suits a different argument he failed only because he wasn't in "basketball shape". I'm sure Jordan was actually undefeated in his career. The losses were just when he didn't want to win.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:15 pm 

Come on JORR. You honestly think that series goes the same way if Jordan played all year? He and the team were clearly out of sync

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:16 pm 

I just have common sense and two eyes. not that hard to analyze.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:19 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

There is no criticizing Jordan in a conversation with a Bulls fan. When it suits the argument he was better than ever scoring 55 against the Knicks and leading the Bulls on a 17 game winning streak. But when it suits a different argument he failed only because he wasn't in "basketball shape". I'm sure Jordan was actually undefeated in his career. The losses were just when he didn't want to win.
This is a fair point. Let's count Jordan's loss as a failure. That makes it 6/7 since he played in his first Finals. Does your choice for GOAT have a better record than that?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:19 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Well you do the same thing, as someone else pointed out. When it's convenient for you, Pippen wasn't really all that good and Rodman was worse than Buck Williams, yet Jordan's supporting cast was underrated somehow.

Anyway, let me know the next time someone goes 6-0 in the Finals as the best player on all six teams. Until then, I'll disagree that Jordan's ability to win games is overrated.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hatchetman wrote:
I just have common sense and two eyes. not that hard to analyze.

But you didn't post once in the 23 page NBA finals thread. Did you watch any of the games?

Can you answer my question about tuning out after Jordan retired? A lot of northern IL people are that way. It's ok to have Jordan bias.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:22 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
Come on JORR. You honestly think that series goes the same way if Jordan played all year? He and the team were clearly out of sync

You're re-writing history. They went something like 13-4 after Jordan replaced fucking Pete Myers in the lineup. He dropped 55 on the Knicks. They were favored against Orlando. Why is it so difficult for a Bulls fan to admit that Jordan is anything less than God Almighty?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next