It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
[
No, but nobody was saying that when the Bulls were the best team in the game over the last month and Jordan was dropping 55 on the Knicks. This is just part of the assumed "EIGHTpeat" that Bulls fans like to fantasize about. If they lost on the square, you can't claim the EIGHTpeat.

It's no different than the silly assumption that the Sox were the '94 World Series champions.

I never assume an EIGHTpeat. Jordy lost TWTW for a while. 6 titles in 11 seasons is plenty.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Houston bears the Bulls in 1994. They always gave that Bulls team problems matchup wise.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
long time guy wrote:
Regardless of that its disingenuous to suggest that a guy avg nearly 30 is being carried by anyone. Irving was more instrumental to Cleveland winning last year than Pippen was during any of the Bulls Championships. To suggest that it was Lebron and a bunch of nothing is foolish.

I never said any such thing. What I said was the team was clearly not as good as Golden State. Nobody thought they were. And they were heavy underdogs in the series. Sure, Irving gets his props, but it's LeBron's team. Jordan never beat a team in the finals that he wasn't supposed to beat.

Personally, I think it's silly to assign rings to a single player, but if that's what NBA fans do, then LeBron is the guy. Or else maybe we have to take three away from Jordan and give them to Scottie.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:54 pm 

JORR is just a butt hurt 1970s NBA fan. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:55 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Regardless of that its disingenuous to suggest that a guy avg nearly 30 is being carried by anyone. Irving was more instrumental to Cleveland winning last year than Pippen was during any of the Bulls Championships. To suggest that it was Lebron and a bunch of nothing is foolish.

You done lost your fucking mind.

Irving stepped up in a way that Pippen never did. He also dominated the League MVP. Couldn't have won without him doing so. That was the reason that I zeroed in on that particular matchup. It was the only way that Cleveland could win.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Personally, I think it's silly to assign rings to a single player, but if that's what NBA fans do, then LeBron is the guy.

Huh?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:56 pm 

JORR,
Who is your GOAT and why?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Personally, I think it's silly to assign rings to a single player, but if that's what NBA fans do, then LeBron is the guy.

Huh?

Are you going to say that NBA fans don't assign rings to players, e.g. Michael has six, Kobe has five, etc?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:58 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I never said any such thing. What I said was the team was clearly not as good as Golden State. Nobody thought they were. And they were heavy underdogs in the series. Sure, Irving gets his props, but it's LeBron's team. Jordan never beat a team in the finals that he wasn't supposed to beat.

Personally, I think it's silly to assign rings to a single player, but if that's what NBA fans do, then LeBron is the guy. Or else maybe we have to take three away from Jordan and give them to Scottie.

You said that Lebron Carried them. He can't carry them if he has a substantial amount of help from another player. Irving provided that and also hit the game winning shot. Makes no sense to suggest that James carried them with that being the case.

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
Irving stepped up in a way that Pippen never did. .

uh, if it weren't for Hue Hollins, Pippen is taking them to the Finals w/o Jordan...

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Huh?

Are you going to say that NBA fans don't assign rings to players, e.g. Michael has six, Kobe has five, etc?

Some do, some don't. I think that's more of a casual fan thing. But I misread your post. I thought you were saying then LeBron is the guy in comparison to Jordan and others, not in reference to him or Kyrie getting credit for last year's title.

To rock my soul

Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
JORR,

And don't know that there is a guy that can just be declared the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. If there is such a thing I'm sure it's a center. I could make a good argument that Magic is the greatest non-center ever and an equally good one that it's Robertson or Jordan.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:00 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
JORR,

George Mikan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You said that Lebron Carried them. He can't carry them if he has a substantial amount of help from another player. Irving provided that and also hit the game winning shot. Makes no sense to suggest that James carried them with that being the case.

You seem to be trying to make the argument that Irving was the best player on that team, which seems downright silly. You should be happy enough that you guessed right and Irving was healthy enough to outplay a crippled Curry for a few games.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:01 pm 

I don't know if Jordy is GOAT but Lebron sure as hell isn't.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:02 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
JORR,

And don't know that there is a guy that can just be declared the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. If there is such a thing I'm sure it's a center. I could make a good argument that Magic is the greatest non-center ever and an equally good one that it's Robertson or Jordan.

You've had ample time on this board over the years and yet haven't made such a case. I think you've tried and when you came up short you blamed it on the rest of the board being obsessed with Jordan

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

Hatchetman wrote:
I don't know if Jordy is GOAT but Lebron sure as hell isn't.

But a case can be made that he is. Tune in to the Score between 1 and 6.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:03 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
JORR,

If you can't name a guy then you shouldn't be arguing with guys who can.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
JORR,

You've had ample time on this board over the years and yet haven't made such a case. I think you've tried and when you came up short you blamed it on the rest of the board being obsessed with Jordan

Every Bulls fan who was between 10 and 30 during the Jordan years is obsessed with him. But I think I have made a legitimate argument in the past. Magic was responsible for more points than Jordan between assists and his own scoring. He was a better rebounder and he even had to take over at center in a finals game. It's not like Jordan is the greatest and it was handed down on stone tablets and can't be reasonably argued. And if you're taking such a position, it's obviously because you're obsessed with Jordan.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
JORR,

That's stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:08 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
JORR,

That's stupid.
No it isn't. You consider our criteria wrong but you can't even come up with your own criteria. There are a lot of very solid and rational reasons to believe that Jordan is the best of all time. Arguments that he is not should include the guy who is better than him or it's meaningless.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
JORR,

That's stupid.
No it isn't. You consider our criteria wrong but you can't even come up with your own criteria. There are a lot of very solid and rational reasons to believe that Jordan is the best of all time. Arguments that he is not should include the guy who is better than him or it's meaningless.

Your criteria is "I loved Jordan as a kid and he has six rings", thus it cannot be argued because many of us on the CHICAGO Fanatics Message Board feel the same.

I'll say Wilt. Here's the criteria- he scored and rebounded more than Jordan.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:14 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
And if you're taking such a position, it's obviously because you're obsessed with Jordan.

You do realize there are many people who consider Jordan the greatest of all time who are not and were not Bull fans. Hell even many players consider him the greatest. You make it sound like the only people who consider him the greatest are fan boys who grew up with bulls posters on their bedroom walls.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
JORR,

Every Bulls fan who was between 10 and 30 during the Jordan years is obsessed with him. But I think I have made a legitimate argument in the past. Magic was responsible for more points than Jordan between assists and his own scoring. He was a better rebounder and he even had to take over at center in a finals game. It's not like Jordan is the greatest and it was handed down on stone tablets and can't be reasonably argued. And if you're taking such a position, it's obviously because you're obsessed with Jordan.

6-0 > 5-4

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
And if you're taking such a position, it's obviously because you're obsessed with Jordan.

You do realize there are many people who consider Jordan the greatest of all time who are not and were not Bull fans. Hell even many players consider him the greatest. You make it sound like the only people who consider him the greatest are fan boys who grew up with bulls posters on their bedroom walls.

Among the guys I'm currently discussing it with, that's a fact.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:16 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Wilt and Jordan have the same career scoring average. Jordan has more assists. Unfortunately, Wilt played in an era where many of his statistics weren't kept so all we can do is points, assists and rebounds.

So, I'll ask you this question. Did you ever remember anyone saying "Jordan is pretty good, but he just doesn't get enough rebounds!"? That is honestly what just about every critique of Jordan boils down to no matter who the player is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Wilt and Jordan have the same career scoring average. Jordan has more assists. Unfortunately, Wilt played in an era where many of his statistics weren't kept so all we can do is points, assists and rebounds.

So, I'll ask you this question. Did you ever remember anyone saying "Jordan is pretty good, but he just doesn't get enough rebounds!"? That is honestly what just about every critique of Jordan boils down to no matter who the player is.

Chamberlain lead the league in assists at least once.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:18 pm 

he definitely led the league in scoring

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:18 pm 

the Jordan criticism was that he didn't make his teammates better which is absurd in retrospect.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
JORR,

6-0 > 5-4

Were they playing one on one? If so, please tell LTG that Kyrie Irving doesn't count.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next