It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FavreFan wrote:
The 2018 pick isn't guaranteed to be in the top 5 and the 2019 is even less so

I thought the deal was they get Lakers 2018 1st round pick unless it's not top 5 in which case they get Sacramento 2019 pick which in all likelihood will be a very high lotto pick?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I thought the deal was they get Lakers 2018 1st round pick unless it's not top 5 in which case they get Sacramento 2019 pick which in all likelihood will be a very high lotto pick?

I heard it was the Lakers 2018 pick if the pick falls between 2-5. If it doesn't fall into one of those four spots it becomes the Sacramento 2019 pick. Sacramento always seems to draft like 8-10th. I wouldn't get my hopes of it being a very high pick.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I heard it was the Lakers 2018 pick if the pick falls between 2-5. If it doesn't fall into one of those four spots it becomes the Sacramento 2019 pick. Sacramento always seems to draft like 8-10th. I wouldn't get my hopes of it being a very high pick.

They're picking #5 this year so hopefully trending up towards the top of the lottery by 2019! Apparently there is a really elite prospect in the 2019 draft, Zion Williamson or something like that. I'll leave it to LTG to tell us how good he is based on the youtube highlight reel and that one game he saw Zion play when Zion was in 4th grade.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:25 pm 

shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

They're picking #5 this year so hopefully trending up towards the top of the lottery by 2019! Apparently there is a really elite prospect in the 2019 draft, Zion Williamson or something like that. I'll leave it to LTG to tell us how good he is based on the youtube highlight reel and that one game he saw Zion play when Zion was in 4th grade.

I'm actually familiar with him. :lol: Played in a Thanksgiving this year in Peoria. He was about 6'7 and a man child type. Don't know if his game translates to the league either. Maybe Walt or you can tell us about him since you and he seem to have a critique on everyone else.