It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Sad to see so many fair weather fans.

Don't quit the Bulls. Quit the NBA. They are the ones that caused dumb trades like this to be needed.

The Wolves won 31 games last year.

This isn't a temporary move until the Bulls can win 50 games. The Bulls front office forced my hand. They do not give a shit about putting a competitive team on the floor. They are petty when it comes to coaching. The ownership does not hold the front office accountable. They disrespect their best player and the only player that gave his all every single night. They refused to have a direction the past several years.

So a few bad years and you give up on a team and choose another? That's a fair weather fan. Good luck.

A few? The Bulls traded LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas in the 2006 NBA Draft. They shit on their best first round draft pick since 2008. And now that Rose is brought up, they didn't have the guts to tell him he needed to play after he was medically cleared to play.

They have NO IDEA what they are doing. You're damn right I'm going to tell them to fuck off. Fandom does not include blind loyalty.

Blind loyalty is what enables the Bears to be a joke. I'm not sticking around for the Bulls to turn into that clusterfuck franchise.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:34 pm 

IMU wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Sad to see so many fair weather fans.

Don't quit the Bulls. Quit the NBA. They are the ones that caused dumb trades like this to be needed.

The Wolves won 31 games last year.

This isn't a temporary move until the Bulls can win 50 games. The Bulls front office forced my hand. They do not give a shit about putting a competitive team on the floor. They are petty when it comes to coaching. The ownership does not hold the front office accountable. They disrespect their best player and the only player that gave his all every single night. They refused to have a direction the past several years.

So a few bad years and you give up on a team and choose another? That's a fair weather fan. Good luck.

A few? The Bulls traded LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas in the 2006 NBA Draft. They shit on their best first round draft pick since 2008. And now that Rose is brought up, they didn't have the guts to tell him he needed to play after he was medically cleared to play.

They have NO IDEA what they are doing. You're damn right I'm going to tell them to fuck off. Fandom does not include blind loyalty.

Blind loyalty is what enables the Bears to be a joke. I'm not sticking around for the Bulls to turn into that clusterfuck franchise.

You're attaching your allegiance to a team that hasn't made the playoffs since Bush's first term and not too long ago had David Kahn as their GM.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:36 pm 

Every team has bad moves and picks. The Bulls are rebuilding since their latest attempt to win now failed miserably.

It's ironic that this is a move not too different than the Theo tank plan and yet you are quitting on your lifelong team because they traded away a guy who led them to an 8 seed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
they traded away a guy who led them to an 8 seed.

joined the dark side i see

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:40 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
they traded away a guy who led them to an 8 seed.

joined the dark side i see
Not really. It just seems like a lot of crying over a team that got blown up that wasn't very good anyways. I like Butler but it's not like being a Bulls fan next year would have been awesome if they hadn't done this.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IMU hasn't even mentioned that the Bulls almost murdered his favorite player with a botched spinal surgery or something. Don't remember the exact details

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:04 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
IMU hasn't even mentioned that the Bulls almost murdered his favorite player with a botched spinal surgery or something. Don't remember the exact details

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies

Been a Bulls fan since the inception ....even took a Magic Marker and wrote Bulls 5 on a sweatshirt to emulate my favorite player....they even made the playoffs.....then my favorite team the Motta coached Bulls that left it on the floor every damn night.Then the Jordan years my God to watch this guy play :shock: Then some lean years still a fan....then Rose and Thibs and another bunch that laid it all out...Rose gets hurt Thibs and Jimmy gone. Guess what until the current management is let go they can kiss my muthafuckin ass.Go T Wolves

I'm out.

Last edited by Walt Williams Neck on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:22 pm 

glad to have you aboard Walt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:27 pm 

long time guy wrote:
You're attaching your allegiance to a team that hasn't made the playoffs since Bush's first term and not too long ago had David Kahn as their GM.

Guess I'm definitely not a front runner then.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:28 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Every team has bad moves and picks. The Bulls are rebuilding since their latest attempt to win now failed miserably.

It's ironic that this is a move not too different than the Theo tank plan and yet you are quitting on your lifelong team because they traded away a guy who led them to an 8 seed.

Theo is the best exec in baseball. Paired with an owner committed to winning and committed to giving him tools to succeed.

The Bulls fired the best coach in basketball to keep the worst execs in basketball...and then that coach went on to be a damn good exec as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:44 pm 

IMU wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Theo is the best exec in baseball. Paired with an owner committed to winning and committed to giving him tools to succeed.

The Bulls fired the best coach in basketball to keep the worst execs in basketball...and then that coach went on to be a damn good exec as well.
Fair weather fans can always come up with excuses.

The fact is that the last two years have been bad but before that they were pretty good for a stretch of five years. The plan didn't work the past two years and now they are trying to rebuild.

So go ahead and jump ship but it makes you a fair weather fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The fact is that the last two years have been bad but before that they were pretty good for a stretch of five years. The plan didn't work the past two years and now they are trying to rebuild.

fuck off I was a Bulls fan longer than you have been alive...so stick that fair weather shit up your ass

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:05 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
fuck off I was a Bulls fan longer than you have been alive...so stick that fair weather shit up your ass
Sounds good!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:06 pm 

it didn't take long, we found the 1 thing Rick is going to beat into the ground all season long. get ready folks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:08 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

OK, Mr. I'm a Saints Fan While Drew Brees Is Their QB Because Boo Jay Cutler!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:10 pm 

Bagels wrote:
it didn't take long, we found the 1 thing Rick is going to beat into the ground all season long. get ready folks
What is that?

I mean, my ultimate point is that it is dumb to give up being a fan of a team because they blew up a team that was an 8 seed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:10 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

OK, Mr. I'm a Saints Fan While Drew Brees Is Their QB Because Boo Jay Cutler!!
I was always a Bears fan. I was even rooting for them to finish the job Katrina started.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Please Brick. Keep the tears coming.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Are you seriously comparing GarPax to Theo Epstein?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:23 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Are you seriously comparing GarPax to Theo Epstein?
Both teams seem to see the problems with the current makeup of the team and plan to rebuild by making moves that hurt the short term in hopes they pay off long term.

The larger point though is that such a move is not so egregious that you should jump ship and stop being a Bulls fan because of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:28 pm 

Rick is conflating things here. Most people are upset about the return the trade brought, and that it's another bad move in a several year long stretch of bad moves. They are upset because it essentially guarantees the front office a few more years of avoiding culpability for these mistakes. It's not simply that they made an 8th seed team worse.

Ultimately, I'm of course always going to remain a Bulls fan, but I certainly understand why more casual NBA fans like IMU would move their allegiance elsewhere as long as GarPax and Hoiberg are around.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Rick is conflating things here. Most people are upset about the return the trade brought, and that it's another bad move in a several year long stretch of bad moves. They are upset because it essentially guarantees the front office a few more years of avoiding culpability for these mistakes. It's not simply that they made an 8th seed team worse.

Ultimately, I'm of course always going to remain a Bulls fan, but I certainly understand why more casual NBA fans like IMU would move their allegiance elsewhere as long as GarPax and Hoiberg are around.
I'm not conflating it though. You can hate something or a string of things your favorite team does. You can basically ignore them because of it. I've done that with the White Sox though they seem to be figuring some things out at least in terms of the future.

This is not what this thread is about. If you become a Timberwolves fan you aren't a good fan. It's like the fans that followed Ditka as New Orleans fans(Regular Reader and W_Z). IMU is done with the Bulls. Let me also point out that IMU even said it wasn't a temporary move.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:33 pm 

:lol: :lol:

FF tries to take a potshot at me. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
100% behind a rebuild with a competent front office in charge. And this is not that. I will say right now this does not result in a title with GarPax at the helm.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:38 pm 

IMU wrote:
:lol: :lol:

FF tries to take a potshot at me. :(

That wasn't a potshot. I thought you were a self described casual NBA fan.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:39 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm not conflating it though.

You are. You think this is about blowing up an 8 seed team. It is not.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm not conflating it though.

You are. You think this is about blowing up an 8 seed team. It is not.
I guess I just don't get what was lost as a Bulls fan especially for a casual NBA fan like IMU. What did you expect over the next few years with the team?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:48 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
What did you expect over the next few years with the team?

GarPax and Hoiberg have done a tremendous job of lowering my expectations, so I didn't expect them to compete in the next few years. I still don't. The only real difference is now I will be watching a 20-25 win team with no good players over the next few years instead of a 40-45 win team with one great player. I realize that's the same thing to the Championships Are All That Matters crowd. It's not the same thing to me.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
What did you expect over the next few years with the team?

GarPax and Hoiberg have done a tremendous job of lowering my expectations, so I didn't expect them to compete in the next few years. I still don't. The only real difference is now I will be watching a 20-25 win team with no good players over the next few years instead of a 40-45 win team with one great player. I realize that's the same thing to the Championships Are All That Matters crowd. It's not the same thing to me.
As a casual NBA fan, like IMU, it looks like the Bulls were simply chasing the really good Bulls teams they had the years prior to the last two with old free agent signings and one draft pick that worked out really well. The figured out after the season that they were far away from being where they needed to be and a rebuild was needed and Butler wasn't part of those plans. So, it isn't championships matter but it is "team being flawed matters".

It seems extreme to give up your Bulls fandom because they went a direction like this. You can hate the fact that they will be bad but to jump ship is a fair weather fan behavior.