It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Chris Paul
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
His failures in the playoffs. A guy that looks that great shouldn't sucknworse than Marshmelo. What was wrong with Kobe being selfish? The Lakers enjoyed a lot of success because of it. His last couple months before his injury he adjusted his game to try to win. That probably led to his injury.

What failures? Gonna need you to be specific here. I already mentioned the Rockets series two years ago. When else did he lose when his team was favored to win?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:56 pm 

Nas wrote:
Paul is pretty much guaranteed to be in the HoF but he's one of the most overrated stat accumulators in NBA history.

Disagree. He made 2 franchises (only 2 he ever played for) decidedly better. Clippers were never healthy at playoff time while he was there. Can t hold that against him. His acquisition alone made them relevant. He saved Tyson Chandler's career and made David West and Deandre Jordan all star caliber players. That is what you call impact.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Quote:
Paul's relationship with Doc Rivers started to deteriorate rapidly after the Clippers acquired Austin Rivers. Several members of the team felt Austin acted entitled because his dad was both the coach and the President of Basketball Operations. In the view of the tenured players, Austin Rivers never tried to fit in, and when players tried to address the situation with him, he still did not respond the way the core of the team wanted him to. It led to resentment within the locker room, which often played out during games. One of Paul's biggest contentions with Doc was that Paul, and other players, felt Doc treated Austin more favorably than other players. He would yell at guys for certain things during games and practices, but not get on Austin in the same manner for similar transgressions.

But what really solidified Paul's dissatisfaction with Doc was a proposed trade involving Carmelo Anthony last season. New York offered Carmelo and Sasha Vujacic to the Clippers in exchange for Jamal Crawford, Paul Pierce and Austin Rivers, a deal to which Rivers ultimately said no. That event led Paul to feel that keeping his son on the roster was more important to Doc than improving the team. So, ultimately, Paul lost both trust and faith in Doc. As one league executive put it, "Chris despises Doc."

(I was also told that when Paul met with the team to inform them of his plans, Jerry West was not in attendance. It was only Doc and Lawrence Frank.)

MACRO

This move is a win-win for Chris Paul, and it was all part of a master plan. By opting into the final year of his current contract and pressuring the Clippers to trade him to Houston, Paul will be in the exact same situation next summer. He can re-sign with the Rockets for 5 years and $200+ million or sign a 4-year deal for about $150 million with another team. In addition, he will save several million dollars in state income tax.

Also, by being committed to the Rockets for only one season, it gives him a year to see if he can actually co-exist and pursue a title with James Harden. But even beyond that, this move gives Paul more flexibility to join LeBron James in 2018. If he stayed in LA or signed the max deal with the Clippers and forced them to do a sign-and-trade with the Rockets, Paul and LeBron could only join forces at one location. Now, they will have the ability to pick and choose wherever they want to go as a tandem, which could be Houston, LA {Lakers or Clippers (provided Doc is no longer with organization)}, or any other destination in-between.
:lol: Doc Rivers strikes again. Clippers should be alright in the long-run though. Their window was up, they got a decent haul for Paul (now 7 players and a pick), and there's a chance Blake stays and plays better now, as he historically has when Paul's been out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Chris Paul strikes again ..Doc was favoring his kid.....I'm not shocked Paul is a dick....remember I said this LTG

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Chris Paul strikes again ..Doc was favoring his kid.....I'm not shocked Paul is a dick....remember I said this LTG

Doc and Austin come off much worse than Paul in this story

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
FavreFan wrote:

Why tell it after you leave...have balls to say it during the season?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:58 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Why tell it after you leave...have balls to say it during the season?

He's no Jimmy Butler