It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NBA Offseason
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:36 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I still stand by my opinion that Kyrie isn't winning anything as the alpha. I just read he considered asking for a trade after they won a ring. This guy is out of his mind. He ain't shit on his own.

Kyrie Irving is one of the most offensively gifted players in the league and he was that before he ever played a second with LeBron James. It's one of the reasons James came back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:37 pm 

He is tired of deferring to James. I get that part as it's hard with a guy that is that Ball dominant. They have won doing it that way though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
If he gets traded to the Spurs Kawhi will teach him to become the player ltg thinks he already is. I hope it happens

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
FavreFan wrote:
If he gets traded to the Spurs Kawhi will teach him to become the player ltg thinks he already is. I hope it happens

Or we'll get to see Pop throw him on the bench when ballhogs on offense and gets torched on defense.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:47 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

No one has to teach him anything. On the Olympic team he was a star of stars. He also has a ring and was the guy that hit the shot to get the ring. Killed the MVP in the process. This guy is big time and the rest of the league knows it. He will definitely garner more in a trade than Jimmy Butler ever could.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
He is tired of deferring to James. I get that part as it's hard with a guy that is that Ball dominant. They have won doing it that way though.

Doesn't mean shit. He's riding LBJ's coattails. When he's on his own he won't get past the second round unless he's got an all pro on his team. Kyrie will never be the best player on a championship team.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:53 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No one has to teach him anything. On the Olympic team he was a star of stars. He also has a ring and was the guy that hit the shot to get the ring. Killed the MVP in the process. This guy is big time and the rest of the league knows it. He will definitely garner more in a trade than Jimmy Butler ever could.

After he hit the shot to win the ring he thanked LBJ for putting him on his back to get to that point.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:57 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Doesn't mean shit. He's riding LBJ's coattails. When he's on his own he won't get past the second round unless he's got an all pro on his team. Kyrie will never be the best player on a championship team.

To be fair, it's very difficult to get past the second round without a second All NBA player. Not everyone can be Kawhi

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:58 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You don't know that for sure. It's funny how Towns and Wiggins are young when the win 31 games and Irving is dogshit when he wins 33. He was about the same age they are now and his roster was much shittier. In your eyes that doesn't matter because it's a guy you don't particularly like.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

To be fair, it's very difficult to get past the second round without a second All NBA player. Not everyone can be Kawhi

He beat a team that only had one all NBA player on it also. Not exactly a great feat.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:01 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He beat a team that only had one all NBA player on it also. Not exactly a great feat.

He beat a team with three All NBA players in the Finals

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:03 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You don't know that for sure. It's funny how Towns and Wiggins are young when the win 31 games and Irving is dogshit when he wins 33. He was about the same age they are now and his roster was much shittier. In your eyes that doesn't matter because it's a guy you don't particularly like.

I didn't say he was dogshit. Honestly I'm not impressed, that's true, but I really don't think he'll win because he's a PG and he's not dynamic enough to overcome being a PG. That's why he's insane to want to branch out - he'll never get to where he's at right now.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:06 pm 

John Wall still won't sign the extension Washington offered. Kyrie for Wall?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:13 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Not by himself he didn't and it's apparent that no Duncan equates to no rings or Finals appearances.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:15 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I didn't say he was dogshit. Honestly I'm not impressed, that's true, but I really don't think he'll win because he's a PG and he's not dynamic enough to overcome being a PG. That's why he's insane to want to branch out - he'll never get to where he's at right now.

There is a chance he won't. This may be the most success teamwise that he will ever experience. You put solid talent around him and be can get you 50 wins. He never lobbied for LeBron James.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Irving wants to be more of a focal point...the Earth is flat......one stupid fuck

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:20 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Not by himself he didn't and it's apparent that no Duncan equates to no rings or Finals appearances.

It's apparent? :lol:

They were up by 20 when he got hurt for the playoffs. And that's in his only attempt so far post Duncan. Don't be a clown

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:20 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

There is a chance he won't. This may be the most success teamwise that he will ever experience. You put solid talent around him and be can get you 50 wins. He never lobbied for LeBron James.

He didn't but he should be thankful. Irving is just another all star PG with no accomplishments without James.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:44 pm 

Gilbert doesn't have the balls but the smart play here would be to trade LeBron and build around Kyrie and the return from the LeBron trade

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
FavreFan wrote:
Gilbert doesn't have the balls but the smart play here would be to trade LeBron and build around Kyrie and the return from the LeBron trade

This sounds nice in theory but Lebron's no trade clause makes it practically impossible.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Kyrie wants to go to contender......uh you're with Cleveland :lol: 2 teams the Knicks and T-Wolves..no wonder LTG loves him :lol: He wants to be Westbrook go and do it you are an idiot

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:57 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Kyrie wants to go to contender......uh you're with Cleveland :lol: 2 teams the Knicks and T-Wolves..no wonder LTG loves him :lol: He wants to be Westbrook go and do it you are an idiot

Cleveland is done after this season whether LeBron leaves or not. Lot of miles on LeBron.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:31 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He didn't but he should be thankful. Irving is just another all star PG with no accomplishments without James.

If LeBron James played with the talent endured by Irving his first 3 years he wouldn't have any accomplishments either. I can say with absolute certainty that the vast majority of people posting about his lack of success would not be able to name 2 starters from those teams without doing a Google search. Wouldn't know the second leading scorer either yet somehow someway failure to win was on him. Winning 33 games with that collection of bums was nothing short of a miracle.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Lebron reportedly working "behind the scenes" to trade Irving to Suns for Josh Jackson.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:15 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Lebron reportedly working "behind the scenes" to trade Irving to Suns for Josh Jackson.

I hope he goes to Phoenix. I think it's the best situation for him actually. From what I've been reading they didn't want to give up Jackson and I wonder if James would want to play with a rookie.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:17 pm 

:lol: Guess the offers haven't been pouring in for Nerlens Noel. Now his agent is whining and Noel has taken to social media to show the world that he has a jump shot.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... LmrWU7RkQw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:18 pm 

What happens with Bledsoe?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:19 pm 

long time guy wrote:
:lol: Guess the offers haven't been pouring in for Nerlens Noel. Now his agent is whining and Noel has taken to social media to show the world that he has a jump shot.

Not much to see here. This would be a big deal if he was a UFA. He's not.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:22 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Not much to see here. This would be a big deal if he was a UFA. He's not.

Yes it is he stinks. Other restricted free agents signed contracts. There isn't a market for him. He will play in the NBA but the easiest thing to do is let someone sign him and allow Dallas to match. In the good old days teams would do that simply to fuck up the matching team's salary cap. Noel isn't even worth the trouble of doing that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:26 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
What happens with Bledsoe?

I think he'd go in that trade too. He has been on the block for awhile supposedly. Backcourt of Booker and Irving would be a nightmare offensively. Phoenix also has young developing bigs. If somehow Cleveland includes Love then this would really be a blockbuster deal.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next