It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NBA Offseason
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
The Spurs took a safe gamble.

Not a lot of risk but there's little upside. Rudy Gay is like Cutler of the NBA with less team success. He's not suddenly gonna be a good player at age 30.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Not a lot of risk but there's little upside. Rudy Gay is like Cutler of the NBA with less team success. He's not suddenly gonna be a good player at age 30.

He's coming off an achilles injury and the Spurs way could help.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:50 am 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

He's coming off an achilles injury and the Spurs way could help.

Nah man Gay ain't that kind of player. He'll be ok. If he just stays the fuck out of Kawhi's way I won't consider it a bad signing

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:59 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

He has been a good player for most of his careeer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:12 am 

Quote:
The Boston Celtics are finalizing a trade to send perimeter defender Avery Bradley to the Detroit Pistons, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. In exchange, the Celtics will receive forward Marcus Morris, according to The Vertical’s Shams Charania.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
is it because he's a free agent next year? I'm really baffled by Danny Ainge's moves so far.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:19 am 

I know the Heyward deal isn't finalized yet. They have to move players in order to create cap space. From what I understood they really couldn't take on salary in any trade. It would have had to be player for future picks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
City of Fools wrote:
is it because he's a free agent next year? I'm really baffled by Danny Ainge's moves so far.

Considering your recent posts you're probably baffled by the concept of socks before shoes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:38 am 

shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Considering your recent posts you're probably baffled by the concept of socks before shoes.

you win one battle with ltg and you're an NBA expert all of the sudden.

Avery Bradley is a "glue" guy. They will really miss him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:45 am 

City of Fools wrote:
shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

What's not to understand. They had to shed either Bradley, Crowder or Smart. Crowder has one of the best contracts in the NBA for 3 more years. Bradley is a free agent after this coming season and will want buku bucks. Smart is a free agent coming off a rookie contract so of the two, it will be much easier to re-sign Smart. Bradley is 100% gone after the season no matter what. Therefore, trading Bradley is the obvious move. Nothing baffling about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:51 am 

shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

What's not to understand. They had to shed either Bradley, Crowder or Smart. Crowder has one of the best contracts in the NBA for 3 more years. Bradley is a free agent after this coming season and will want buku bucks. Smart is a free agent coming off a rookie contract so of the two, it will be much easier to re-sign Smart. Bradley is 100% gone after the season no matter what. Therefore, trading Bradley is the obvious move. Nothing baffling about it.

Thomas is off the books next season too. I understood the cap limits to allow Bradley to stay around. If that's not true, it makes more sense but that will really cause them problems this season.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:59 am 

Of the 3 guys Bradley is the best player. That is going to be tough but they really want Hayward.

NBA Summer League is still better than weak ass college basketball too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:02 am 

City of Fools wrote:
shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Thomas is off the books next season too. I understood the cap limits to allow Bradley to stay around. If that's not true, it makes more sense but that will really cause them problems this season.

they're gonna give IT a boatload of money. Bradley is odd man out salary wise. He had to go.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:02 am 

shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Bradley is easily the best and most important player of those three. For a Win Now team it's a bad move, imo. You aren't getting to the Finals with no backcourt defense.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:18 am 

FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
shakes wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Bradley is easily the best and most important player of those three. For a Win Now team it's a bad move, imo. You aren't getting to the Finals with no backcourt defense.

Regardless, its still the best and probably only move they can make for salary cap purposes. They can't afford him after this year.

Also, not sure if they really consider themselves a win now team as silly as that sounds considering they won the conference last year. But, with Lebron and GS still around they are probably looking at the next 5 years more than next season. More important to have Crowder around for 3 years (when they might be able to win) as opposed to one season with Bradley when they would be facing the Cavs and then GS.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:27 am 

Boston is going for it now. Cleveland is beatable. It's going to be tough for Cleveland to make any moves of significance given their cap situation.

They are going to have to move Isaiah Thomas at some point in the next couple of years in order to win anything.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:30 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boston is going for it now. Cleveland is beatable. It's going to be tough for Cleveland to make any moves of significance given their cap situation.

They are going to have to move Isaiah Thomas at some point in the next couple of years in order to win anything.

They're not moving IT. They're going to give him a massive contract. If they had any intention of getting rid of IT they would stuck with #1 and drafted Fultz as well as keeping Bradley.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
long time guy wrote:

If Ainge is smart he's going to let Thomas walk after this season, he's a UFA and will do from 7 million a year to 25million, let somebody else pay him 175 million.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

They're not moving IT. They're going to give him a massive contract. If they had any intention of getting rid of IT they would stuck with #1 and drafted Fultz as well as keeping Bradley.

Maybe they plan on using Philly's pick next year on his replacement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:31 am 

312player wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Maybe they plan on using Philly's pick next year on his replacement.

Giving Thomas a huge contract would be an incredibly boneheaded move. Really incredibly stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:32 am 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

They're not moving IT. They're going to give him a massive contract.

That would be a disaster. I hope it happens

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:34 am 

FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Ainge can't be that dumb. Or maybe he is, that's what I was confused about ultimately.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:57 am 

City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Ainge can't be that dumb. Or maybe he is, that's what I was confused about ultimately.

Ainge has been really meticulous about putting this together. He never could have known that Thomas would have blown up. Now that he has you got to move him before you can't.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:07 pm 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Ainge has been really meticulous about putting this together. He never could have known that Thomas would have blown up. Now that he has you got to move him before you can't.

What has Ainge done recently that would indicate he intends to let IT go?

There's plenty of evidence to the contrary such as trading away from Fultz and now trading Bradley. If Ainge was planning to get rid of IT he wouldn't have done either of those.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:22 pm 

There have been no indications but there need to be. That is the most important decision facing his organization. You pay him big money you can kiss championship hopes goodbye.

I think Ainge traded Fultz because he believed Tatum was the best player in the draft. He could secure a future lottery pick and the guy he thought is best in the draft so he made the move.They drafted Tatum knowing that he and Hayward play the same position too. Brown and Crowder also. He was going for best available regardless of need in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:43 pm 

Ainge has another problem that requires immediate attention. He now has 5 guys that are small forwards on the roster. He will probably try to turn some into 2's and stretch 4's but don't know if it will work. They already have rebounding issues.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:55 pm 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What has Ainge done recently that would indicate he intends to let IT go?

There's plenty of evidence to the contrary such as trading away from Fultz and now trading Bradley. If Ainge was planning to get rid of IT he wouldn't have done either of those.

that is the most damning thing you can say about Ainge.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:06 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Paul George is going to get exposed in the West. He's going to be the next Kevin Love, big fish in a small pond that doesn't gear up properly in a secondary or third wheel role.

So he's goimg to make a clutch defensive play to seal up an NBA title ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:11 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Paul George is going to get exposed in the West. He's going to be the next Kevin Love, big fish in a small pond that doesn't gear up properly in a secondary or third wheel role.

So he's goimg to make a clutch defensive play to seal up an NBA title ?

I'm not following that either. Situations are completely different.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:38 pm 

CONFIRMED: DERRICK ROSE TO OKC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next