It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It also looks like I got the ROY right too.

Really? :scratch:

long time guy wrote:
ROY Fultz

I said Simmons after I realized that he was still a rookie. I forgot him initially.

I'll go with that too.

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=109061#p2833230

FavreFan wrote:
I'm pretty sure Ben Simmons will win ROY if he stays relatively healthy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:32 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
Might as well have a thread. I've never followed summer league, but might pay attention this year with so many good rookies out there. Checking out the box scores so far it looks like Kenard has been consistently putting up points every game, shooting % isn't great but not awful for a rook. Bam Adebayo has had a couple really good games. Same with TJ Leaf. Tatum and Fultz both played really well in their only game so far. Isaac has had at least one really good game.

Vegas gets started Friday with Lonzo making his debut. I look forward to LTG declaring him a bust yet again after every game he plays.

Summer League basketball is much better than any college game.

I think it's clear to everyone I love the NBA and don't have much use for the college game. That said, this is one of the worst opinions I've ever read on here :lol:

Fringe NBA players are still better than 98% of the kids you see in college.

College basketball blows and I say this as a person that used to love college hoops. Talent in college stinks.

College basketball games do matter. The players are generally trying their hardest and playing within a set offense and defense that you can analyze and project to the next level. Summer league games literally have zero bearing on NBA futures. You aren't going to evaluate any players credibly by watching it. Summer league is just a huge waste of time for all involved. It's even more meaningless than the very meaningless preseason games.

Etwaun Moore who ltg thought was bad is too good to play in the summer league. :lol:

But apparently not good enough to get off of the bench for one of the worst teams in the league. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bump

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:34 am 

Keep on chasing your bad thoughts ltg. Even if Moore is released tomorrow and ends up never playing again you were 100% wrong on him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:38 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Keep on chasing your bad thoughts ltg. Even if Moore is released tomorrow and ends up never playing again you were 100% wrong on him.

If he is released tomorrow then that would have meant that he was a starter in 33% of his total number of games for his career and about 5% of the time when the projected starter wasn't injured.

As I always thought. A journeyman and given the logic of this joint worse than Snell since Snell is playing and he isn't.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:41 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If he is released tomorrow then that would have meant that he was a starter in 33% of his total number of games for his career and about 5% of the time when the projected starter wasn't injured.

As I always thought. A journeyman and given the logic of this joint worse than Snell since Snell is playing and he isn't.
He started 33% of his career games. You had him as the last person on the bench.

You lost this one. It's ok.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:46 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He started 33% of his career games. You had him as the last person on the bench.

And he is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:36 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

And he is.
Kawhi Leonard is a journeyman who is barely hanging on in the NBA.

If that is true 12 years from now will that mean I was right?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:44 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

And he is.

Etwaun Moore was nothing more than a spot starter for the vast majority of his career. Thats what the numbers tell us. Couple of years where he played due to injuries and lack of depth at the position.

Now it appears that he is at the end of his road. Happy trails to a proud Boilermaker.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:47 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Etwaun Moore was nothing more than a spot starter for the vast majority of his career. Thats what the numbers tell us. Couple of years where he played due to injuries and lack of depth at the position.
Which means you were 100% wrong on him. Why are you still arguing this? Do you need me to provide your quotes?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:55 pm 

Now, for those of you reading this who aren't ltg, I am simply posting these because ltg decided to bring this up again because it drives him nuts how wrong he was.

long time guy wrote:
I think it didn't take Fred long to find out what others before him have. Etwaun Moore is a fringe NBA player that should be happy to have a roster spot.

long time guy wrote:
Yeah he should be good. He deserves to remain in the NBA as an end of the bench guy. He has played well enough to stay in the league. On a losing team he could be an 8th or 9th guy. My problem was not so much with him as it was Thibs. He was garnering between 15-20 minutes a game while other guys were being benched. Victory appears to be yours on this one.

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Well I posted from CSN Chicago and you ignored it.

So, is Moore still a fringe NBA player?

Yes he is actually. Only receiving minutes by default. I'm actually disliking Brooks more than he these days.

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
So long time guy, can we officially end this discussion on whether Moore will be a solid contributor for the Bulls?

Was Thibs right to give him some time last year?

He has definitely leap frogged Snell and Brooks. Neither may be on the team next year but as it stands now he would be in the top 10 of the rotation even if the Bulls were fully healthy. You were right in this instance. Brooks has really regressed and Snell was a miss. On a good team he is no better than a 4th guard though. If I were to scour the rosters of the top ten teams in the NBA, i'd be hard pressed to place him in the top 3 as far as guard rotations go.

Since this one is over, why don't we discuss the ascending career of Carsen Edwards?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:01 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Now, for those of you reading this who aren't ltg, I am simply posting these because ltg decided to bring this up again because it drives him nuts how wrong he was.

long time guy wrote:
I think it didn't take Fred long to find out what others before him have. Etwaun Moore is a fringe NBA player that should be happy to have a roster spot.

long time guy wrote:
Yeah he should be good. He deserves to remain in the NBA as an end of the bench guy. He has played well enough to stay in the league. On a losing team he could be an 8th or 9th guy. My problem was not so much with him as it was Thibs. He was garnering between 15-20 minutes a game while other guys were being benched. Victory appears to be yours on this one.

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Well I posted from CSN Chicago and you ignored it.

So, is Moore still a fringe NBA player?

Yes he is actually. Only receiving minutes by default. I'm actually disliking Brooks more than he these days.

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
So long time guy, can we officially end this discussion on whether Moore will be a solid contributor for the Bulls?

Was Thibs right to give him some time last year?

He has definitely leap frogged Snell and Brooks. Neither may be on the team next year but as it stands now he would be in the top 10 of the rotation even if the Bulls were fully healthy. You were right in this instance. Brooks has really regressed and Snell was a miss. On a good team he is no better than a 4th guard though. If I were to scour the rosters of the top ten teams in the NBA, i'd be hard pressed to place him in the top 3 as far as guard rotations go.

Since this one is over, why don't we discuss the ascending career of Carsen Edwards?

Haven't seen him. When he gets good or some playing time i will check for him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
He put up 18 points a game and shot over 40% in the summer league. Figured everybody in the summer league thread would know about him!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:20 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
He put up 18 points a game and shot over 40% in the summer league. Figured everybody in the summer league thread would know about him!

Crappy year for the Summer League. Didn't watch much.

Fledgling NBA players that happen to be ex Boilermakers aren't really what Summer League Basketball is all about.

When Purdue Boilermakers happen to start making All Star Rosters or Starting NBA line ups then i will start checking for them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:23 pm 

long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Fledgling NBA players that happen to be ex Boilermakers aren't really what Summer League Basketball is all about.

When Purdue Boilermakers happen to start making All Star Rosters or Starting NBA line ups then i will start checking for them.

Some of us care about more than all star players. True basketball fans.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:07 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

True Basketball fans are also concerned about more than the mediocrity that is Boilermaker Buckets.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:12 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

True Basketball are also concerned about more than the mediocrity that is Boilermaker Buckets.

At least I knew who PJ Washington was.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:25 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

True Basketball are also concerned about more than the mediocrity that is Boilermaker Buckets.

At least I knew who PJ Washington was.

No you didn't.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:52 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

And he is.

Now it appears that he is at the end of his road. Happy trails to a proud Boilermaker.

Started. Scored 15. Beat the title favorites with George.

Ltg apology forthcoming.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:44 pm 

ltg? Apology please.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:14 am 

Ltg got pretty quiet!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:32 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ltg got pretty quiet!

Actually hadn't seen this but is there something that needs to be said? He is on the team and he (once again) seems to be playing because guys that are in front of him are injured. That is what sort of happens in professional sports Brick.

If he is "back" good for him and good for you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:34 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ltg got pretty quiet!

Actually hadn't seen this but is there something that needs to be said? He is on the team and he (once again) seems to be playing because guys that are in front of him are injured. That is what sort of happens in professional sports Brick.

He is playing well at the "end of the road".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:37 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ltg got pretty quiet!

He is playing well at the "end of the road".

Subjective use of the term and considering he didn't even play at all for about 10 games anything at this point is a win.

Maybe he can have a Carmelo like rebirth. If so good for him

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:38 am 

I'll take that as an apology. Thanks ltg!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14