It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
when I played in the hood :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:56 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Let's all watch basketball to learn! That sounds like fun! Fuck being entertained!

You sound dumb as shit. Those games are packing 15,000 in there. You think they aren't being entertained? People that really love hoops love the shit. People that are "casual" don't. Who gives a fuck about the casual fan anyway? They are nothing more than LeBron watchers Lonzo watchers anyway. Thats the Jason Goff crowd. Basketball isn't always about hype. For people that love it it's about competition too.

Speaking of sounding dumb as shit. Yes, they're there to be entertained, they're not there to "learn" or whatever shit you're proposing.

The entire CFMB basketball section is nothing but a bunch of people talking about "learning the game" and who "knows more about basketball." I can't tell if it's due to insecurity or if this is how some people grew up watching sports. I grew up watching sports for entertainment and I learned a lot about them as a result.

There are plenty of people in the baseball threads that get much more technical than we do in these threads and it never seems to bother anyone. I never hear complaints and they actually drag on much longer than anything we talk about here. Terms like War OPs etc get thrown around like food stamps and there isn't a peep but let people have a serious basketball discussion and invariably it becomes annoying.

I watch sports for entertainment too but I can also be serious about it.There is nothing wrong with being a hardcore sports fan. I actually can respect a guy if that's what he is into. Not everything is for everybody.

This was a thread about summer league basketball. It's not the best thing in the world basketball wise but relative to college basketball it's better imo. The talent level in a typical summer league game is simply better more often than not. College basketball sucks. I'd rather watch a Summer League game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:02 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Try as I might I can't find any rosters for the IIT Pro Am games maybe LTG has them?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... uIOk3wRPAg

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... UMqoOrneBA

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 4I74fMBccQ

Next time try harder.

It doesn't exist anymore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:33 am 

long time guy wrote:
Try as I might I can't find any rosters for the IIT Pro Am games maybe LTG has them?

Next time try harder.

It doesn't exist anymore

Just two teams

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:36 am 

long time guy wrote:

Next time try harder.

It doesn't exist anymore

Just two teams

The IIT summer league ended about 10 years ago. There are no more summer leagues in Chicago.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I said on draft night that the Bulls are going to regret not picking Dennis Smith and its unfortunately looking like that is going to be a correct statement. Haven't seen Markenan play yet and by all accounts he looked good in his first game, but Smith has looked amazing in his two games.

Other notables include John Collins who lit it up for Atlanta. Fox continues to look great through 2 games. Tatum looks like he can score on anyone from anywhere. Josh Jackson, similar to Lonzo, looks great everywhere except in the shooting department.

Lonzo is a once in a decade type of talent in that he possesses a unique ability to dominate a game without even taking a shot. Very few people can do that. But, he needs to be able to hit that shot occassinally to keep the defense honest and give him some room to drive. But, there's no doubt that his playmaking ability is beyond elite level and into the category of savant/special. He's going to make everyone he plays with noticeable and statistically better. When he gets into the real season and there are actually plays and game plans being used he is really going to shine in that department. I'd be surprised if he doesn't lead the league in assists on a yearly basis once he gets things figured out.

Speaking of the Lakers, they might have 4 rookies make the team. Kuzma looks like a steal at #27. Josh Hart has been solid and has a guaranteed contract. Even Thomas Bryant looked really good in the first game and could make the team.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:43 am 

Ball looked better the 2nd game but he still doesn't look all that special. He is an elite passer and that is about it. He can't guard anyone and the jump shot looks broke as hell. He can t keep anyone in front of him. He also can t beat anyone off the dribble. Struggles finishing at the rim too.

To say he was better 2nd game isn't much because was shitty as hell during the 1st

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
long time guy wrote:
Ball looked better the 2nd game but he still doesn't look all that special. He is an elite passer and that is about it. He can't guard anyone and the jump shot looks broke as hell. He can t keep anyone in front of him. He also can t beat anyone off the dribble. Struggles finishing at the rim too.

To say he was better 2nd game isn't much because was shitty as hell during the 1st

The lane will open up for him once he starts making shots. He can beat guys off the dribble, but hard to do when no one respects your pull up.

His elite passing is elite enough where he could average 7 points a game and still be the best player on the court.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:53 am 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The lane will open up for him once he starts making shots. He can beat guys off the dribble, but hard to do when no one respects your pull up.

His elite passing is elite enough where he could average 7 points a game and still be the best player on the court.

Your description of Ball sounds eerily similar to something that his father would say.

He isn't quick off the dribble at all. NBA caliber guards are going to give him the flux on defense too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Let's all watch basketball to learn! That sounds like fun! Fuck being entertained!

You sound dumb as shit. Those games are packing 15,000 in there. You think they aren't being entertained? People that really love hoops love the shit. People that are "casual" don't. Who gives a fuck about the casual fan anyway? They are nothing more than LeBron watchers Lonzo watchers anyway. Thats the Jason Goff crowd. Basketball isn't always about hype. For people that love it it's about competition too.

Speaking of sounding dumb as shit. Yes, they're there to be entertained, they're not there to "learn" or whatever shit you're proposing.

The entire CFMB basketball section is nothing but a bunch of people talking about "learning the game" and who "knows more about basketball." I can't tell if it's due to insecurity or if this is how some people grew up watching sports. I grew up watching sports for entertainment and I learned a lot about them as a result.

There are plenty of people in the baseball threads that get much more technical than we do in these threads and it never seems to bother anyone. I never hear complaints and they actually drag on much longer than anything we talk about here. Terms like War OPs etc get thrown around like food stamps and there isn't a peep but let people have a serious basketball discussion and invariably it becomes annoying.

I watch sports for entertainment too but I can also be serious about it.There is nothing wrong with being a hardcore sports fan. I actually can respect a guy if that's what he is into. Not everything is for everybody.

This was a thread about summer league basketball. It's not the best thing in the world basketball wise but relative to college basketball it's better imo. The talent level in a typical summer league game is simply better more often than not. College basketball sucks. I'd rather watch a Summer League game.

There are people in the baseball threads who do that, but the NBA threads seem to be completely consumed by it.

Also, I have no problem with debating the past... I love to debate who is GOAT, who is underrated, who is the greatest team... but I hate predictions, and the NBA section is consumed by that. If it floats your boat, go ahead, but I can promise you there is no skill involved with your predictions or anyone else's. If you happen to be right, it's luck. And everyone always tends to forget their predictions that were wrong.

If a person wanted to relax, watch a basketball game, and post in ththe NBA section, I think it'd be pretty difficult. Every statement would be analyzed, debated, dissected, and ruined.

It also makes me cringe when people talk about their great _______ knowledge, and the NBA section seems to be riddled with those statements.

But hey, if you enjoy that stuff, have at it. It's not my cup of tea.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:00 pm 

Quote:
K.C. Johnson‏@KCJHoop
Hawks 45, Bulls 26 at half. Bulls 0-13 from 3. Payne 5 pts, Markkanen and Valentine 4 each. They're 3-19 overall and 0-11 from 3.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Is everybody learning everyone on the Bulls sucks, or did they know that already?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:06 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Quote:
K.C. Johnson‏@KCJHoop
Hawks 45, Bulls 26 at half. Bulls 0-13 from 3. Payne 5 pts, Markkanen and Valentine 4 each. They're 3-19 overall and 0-11 from 3.

#HoiBall

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:11 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Quote:
K.C. Johnson‏@KCJHoop

Bulls requested for a jump ball after each basket....yelling Mikan Mikan..oh High School ball is better than this dog doo

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Leash needs a safe space.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:16 pm 

Nas wrote:
Leash needs a safe space.

It will be the UC during Bulls games

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Mitch Kupchak is here :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:31 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

There are people in the baseball threads who do that, but the NBA threads seem to be completely consumed by it.

Also, I have no problem with debating the past... I love to debate who is GOAT, who is underrated, who is the greatest team... but I hate predictions, and the NBA section is consumed by that. If it floats your boat, go ahead, but I can promise you there is no skill involved with your predictions or anyone else's. If you happen to be right, it's luck. And everyone always tends to forget their predictions that were wrong.

If a person wanted to relax, watch a basketball game, and post in ththe NBA section, I think it'd be pretty difficult. Every statement would be analyzed, debated, dissected, and ruined.

It also makes me cringe when people talk about their great _______ knowledge, and the NBA section seems to be riddled with those statements.

But hey, if you enjoy that stuff, have at it. It's not my cup of tea.

It's ok to have serious sports discussions. There isn't a law against it. Predictions are really for fun and unless there is money wagered then it's really nothing.

Do you think the constant Cubs/Sox you suck no no no you suck stuff qualifies as entertaining? I don't and I'm a Sox fan. If guys like FF didn't post in these sections then no one would. There are people that only post in basketball threads to complain about content. There is rarely anything constructive to say.

People debate sports. When you talk how you grew up watching that is how i and a lot of other people became engaged. This too cool for school stuff if it s your thing is fine too but I wonder why it is a problem for people that are more serious.

It only seems to happen during basketball talk. It's not a clown show for everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:26 pm 

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/884530021150343168

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:41 pm 

Yeah but Villanova played bad at most 4 times!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:50 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:57 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Bulls don't have one of the best teams in the Summer League or any league. Villanova does.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Unless you also have him as the best defensive player ever that's wrong.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
During the game this afternoon, Gar and Jim Boylen were on one side of the court and Fred + Paxson on the other side. #20 John Collins was the best player on the floor. Played angry the whole time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:13 am 

KDdidit wrote:
Is everybody learning everyone on the Bulls sucks, or did they know that already?

Is everyone "entertained" by the Bulls being such a shitty team since the competitive aspect doesn't really matter? I will remember that once they bitch about how terrible it is to watch a .500 team that makes the playoffs. I also will remember it during this rebuild when they win 20 games.

Fun bad sports are "entertaining". Sports talk radio told me that. I actually won't be disappointed by a shitty Bulls team. I won't be constantly dissing them either because at the end of the day I'm a fan. I'm not the Guy that talks about "championships" or nothing nor am I'm entertained only when a team wins.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:20 am 

long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Is everyone "entertained" by the Bulls being such a shitty team since the competitive aspect doesn't really matter? I will remember that once they bitch about how terrible it is to watch a .500 team that makes the playoffs. I also will remember it during this rebuild when they win 20 games.

Fun bad sports are "entertaining". Sports talk radio told me that. I actually won't be disappointed by a shitty Bulls team. I won't be constantly dissing them either because at the end of the day I'm a fan. I'm not the Guy that talks about "championships" or nothing nor am I'm entertained only when a team wins.

Not sure I know a bigger Bulls fan than myself and I will be constantly dissing them. They have a horrible coach and front office, and the team is going to be fucking terrible this year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:24 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
They have a horrible coach and front office, and the team is going to be fucking terrible this year.

^ First sensible post in quite some time.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:32 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
They have a horrible coach and front office, and the team is going to be fucking terrible this year.

^ First sensible post in quite some time.

They are going to be fucking terrible because "fans" like you would rather see a 20 win team than a playoff team. You better enjoy this season ya jerk.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:34 am 

Leash if you believe that people are being shouted out of these threads you're wrong. I checked back to a more grandiose time around here. A time when I tended to post much less 08-15 and these threads routinely had less than double digits inside the comment sections. Around that time I didn't even know this section existed because I only checked for shows.

If you think people are chomping at the bit to hear it you're wrong. Look at all the complaining that goes on Because Goff and Bernstein dare to discuss it. I'm sure they don't spend more than a quarter of their show on a good day discussing it but it's still too much in the eyes of "Many

The baseball threads have much more specificity than we do here. You don't see stats Inc as much as you see differences of opinions. As far as making people seem stupid about their thoughts I have experienced it since I started posting regularly on here and it still doesn't prevent me from posting. I know for a fact that there is a certain segment on here that will never agree with me about shit. Whenever they respond to a comment that I make it's to disagree. It still doesn't prevent me from posting.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:38 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Not sure I know a bigger Bulls fan than myself and I will be constantly dissing them. They have a horrible coach and front office, and the team is going to be fucking terrible this year.

They could have all of that and as long as there is a plan then fine. I think GarPax should be whacked. I don't think Hoiberg is that bad as coach.

I will watch to see the development of young players. I am entertained by watching young teams and players develop. Bulls have about 3 or 4 guys im interested in seeing play and that's about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next