It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:54 am 

For all the Summer League don't mean shit crowd it may be "library" time. 1987 IIT Pro-Am. There was a guy that was a sophomore in college. He stepped in the gym and gave Jordan 50. Talking shit too him and everything. His name wasn't ringing around the city like that before but it sure was afterwards. If you think Jordan thought that it was "just summer league" then you really don't know shit. Years later Jordan referenced it in one of the NBC telecasts. Said how this young kid got up with him and was talking trash.

I know Reader knows who I'm talking about.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:56 am 

long time guy wrote:
For all the Summer League don't mean shit crowd it may be "library" time. 1987 IIT Pro-Am. There was a guy that was a sophomore in college. He stepped in the gym and gave Jordan 50. Talking shit too him and everything. His name wasn't ringing around the city like that before but it sure was afterwards. If you think Jordan thought that it was "just summer league" then you really don't know shit. Years later Jordan referenced it in one of the NBC telecasts. Said how this young kid got up with him and was talking trash.

Nick? I truly don't remember.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:05 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Nick? I truly don't remember.

Hardaway. That was the first time I'd heard of him. I was 14 and guys from the hood kept talking about. Jordan mentioned it many years later too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:22 am 

:lol: :oops: :lol: And I just passed his old house.

Jordan never could handle the crossover.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Cameron Payne is going to have to be waived at some point. He is terrible.

Out of all the dumb shit that's been said by Bulls management I would rank saying Cam Payne is a big part of the rebuild as one of the worst GM statements I've ever heard in any sport.

I think that will keep him around too. They are going to try make good on that damn trade. Traded junk for junk in my opinion but they won't look at it that way. Weren't going to get anything for McDermott or Gibson and rather than look at it like that they will try and salvage something. Hopefully he doesn't see the floor. Hoiberg decided not to play his bum ass last season against their wishes.

Reducing that trade as "junk for junk" is too generous to GarPax, as usual. Gibson was the best player involved in that trade and McDermott was arguably the second best and the Bulls still ended up throwing in a draft pick on top of them. Then again, as the Jordan Bell debacle taught us, the front office probably would have thrown away that draft pick sooner or later regardless because this Bulls roster is simply too loaded with talent to risk adding any young talent to it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:29 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Out of all the dumb shit that's been said by Bulls management I would rank saying Cam Payne is a big part of the rebuild as one of the worst GM statements I've ever heard in any sport.

I think that will keep him around too. They are going to try make good on that damn trade. Traded junk for junk in my opinion but they won't look at it that way. Weren't going to get anything for McDermott or Gibson and rather than look at it like that they will try and salvage something. Hopefully he doesn't see the floor. Hoiberg decided not to play his bum ass last season against their wishes.

Reducing that trade as "junk for junk" is too generous to GarPax, as usual. Gibson was the best player involved in that trade and McDermott was arguably the second best and the Bulls still ended up throwing in a draft pick on top of them. Then again, as the Jordan Bell debacle taught us, the front office probably would have thrown away that draft pick sooner or later regardless because this Bulls roster is simply too loaded with talent to risk adding any young talent to it.

What could they have gotten for Taj Gibson? I will exclude McDermott. What could they have got for Gibson?

If the future of the Bulls rest with trading Jordan Bell they're pretty shitty anyway. Some people will bash Paxson for any and everything. Of all the big names that have moved he made the best trade. When it is said and done he will fleeced Thibs too. It will take about 2 years for it to become very apparent.

It's interesting that guys who can't be objective about anything Paxson related are counseling about objectivity.

Gibson being the best player in a trade reduces the value of the trade. That signing is one of the worst of this off-season too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:35 am 

long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What could they have gotten for Taj Gibson? I will exclude McDermott. What could they have got for Gibson?

More than what the Thunder got for Cameron Payne with any front office in the league that doesn't primarily evaluate talent based on their connections to Ames, Iowa.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:37 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:

More than what the Thunder got for Cameron Payne with any front office in the league that doesn't primarily evaluate talent based on their connections to Ames, Iowa.

Gibson was going to be a free agent in 2 months and wasn't really good anyway. More than Payne is really a 2nd rounder.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:43 am 

long time guy wrote:
Gibson was going to be a free agent in 2 months and wasn't really good anyway. More than Payne is really a 2nd rounder.

Again, the Bulls objectively traded the best players in that deal and still gave up a draft pick. We're all quite familiar with your views on Gibson at this point but he was still far and away better than what the Bulls got in return, especially since 2 of the Thunder players they got back were themselves on 2 month contracts.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Let's all watch basketball to learn! That sounds like fun! Fuck being entertained!

You sound dumb as shit. Those games are packing 15,000 in there. You think they aren't being entertained? People that really love hoops love the shit. People that are "casual" don't. Who gives a fuck about the casual fan anyway? They are nothing more than LeBron watchers Lonzo watchers anyway. Thats the Jason Goff crowd. Basketball isn't always about hype. For people that love it it's about competition too.

Speaking of sounding dumb as shit. Yes, they're there to be entertained, they're not there to "learn" or whatever shit you're proposing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:27 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Let's all watch basketball to learn! That sounds like fun! Fuck being entertained!

You sound dumb as shit. Those games are packing 15,000 in there. You think they aren't being entertained? People that really love hoops love the shit. People that are "casual" don't. Who gives a fuck about the casual fan anyway? They are nothing more than LeBron watchers Lonzo watchers anyway. Thats the Jason Goff crowd. Basketball isn't always about hype. For people that love it it's about competition too.

Speaking of sounding dumb as shit. Yes, they're there to be entertained, they're not there to "learn" or whatever shit you're proposing.

You think it's bad if guys are there to learn about players?

People didn't give a shit if Ball could play? Again dumb as shit. That's why his father and Magic had to answer the question as to whether he was any good all day yesterday. People were content to be entertained. They were hammering him online all yesterday too. Apparently people learned something about him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:50 pm 

I addressed it to Wolfley not you by the way. The reason I did that is because Wolfley is a "basketball guy". I'm sure he will be entertained and learn something about the players at the same time. He is one the best basketball guys on here. That is why I said that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
LTG that was a different era of basketball too. Important guys don't hoop like that over the summer.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:49 pm 

Nas wrote:
LTG that was a different era of basketball too. Important guys don't hoop like that over the summer.

Nas it would take guys like Reader to tell the stories about Chicago Summer league's. It was a Who's who in a lot of respects. People would fly in from out of town in order to play in it. The NBA had beefed it up the last couple of years and now Vegas is it. Gms Owners everyone is there for it. Its Vegas of course but guys are there for the basketball too.

They really be hooping out there. If you don't your ads will get embarrassed.

It's why guys like Rose never hooped in the Chi leagues. They were afraid of getting shitted on by a no name from the crib.

Think about Ruckers and the legendary stuff that it engendered. Chicago was that same sort of thing at one time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:51 pm 

Nas wrote:

They do but you don't here about it. Everything is private now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Nas it would take guys like Reader to tell the stories about Chicago Summer league's. It was a Who's who in a lot of respects. People would fly in from out of town in order to play in it. The NBA had beefed it up the last couple of years and now Vegas is it. Gms Owners everyone is there for it. Its Vegas of course but guys are there for the basketball too.

They really be hooping out there. If you don't your ads will get embarrassed.

It's why guys like Rose never hooped in the Chi leagues. They were afraid of getting shitted on by a no name from the crib.

Think about Ruckers and the legendary stuff that it engendered. Chicago was that same sort of thing at one time.

I used to hear stories as a kid. Didn't really have the time to follow it once I was older.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Get the fuck outta here with this stupid shit. Exhibition games are for people that love competition? :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:34 pm 

What did I learn in summer league this year? I learned that the 76ers should probably never expect any of their 1st round picks to stay healthy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:

Nice story ...but the players in the summer league are 95% garbage

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:01 pm 

Try as I might I can't find any rosters for the IIT Pro Am games maybe LTG has them?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
KDdidit wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

The entire CFMB basketball section is nothing but a bunch of people talking about "learning the game" and who "knows more about basketball." I can't tell if it's due to insecurity or if this is how some people grew up watching sports. I grew up watching sports for entertainment and I learned a lot about them as a result.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:07 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

The entire CFMB basketball section is nothing but a bunch of people talking about "learning the game" and who "knows more about basketball." I can't tell if it's due to insecurity or if this is how some people grew up watching sports. I grew up watching sports for entertainment and I learned a lot about them as a result.

No it's not.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:08 pm 

Maybe not all, but a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:11 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

I disagree with that too. I think baseball has more of the "I know about this sport than you do" talk. I don't think it's close actually.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I never would have expected that a thread about the summer league would get past five posts.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I disagree with that too. I think baseball has more of the "I know about this sport than you do" talk. I don't think it's close actually.

Baseball? Baseball talk on this board is essentially Sox and Cubs fans calling each other stupid and occasionally quoting stats we don't understand.

All you need to know about basketball is in this thread. It's basically ltg trying to convince everyone that the summer league is appointment television and that people who watch basketball should be watching to "learn." I think he also said "fuck casual fans". Sounds really fun!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:26 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Baseball? Baseball talk on this board is essentially Sox and Cubs fans calling each other stupid and occasionally quoting stats we don't understand.

All you need to know about basketball is in this thread. It's basically ltg trying to convince everyone that the summer league is appointment television and that people who watch basketball should be watching to "learn." I think he also said "fuck casual fans". Sounds really fun!

:lol:

So one poster's comments in one thread equal the sum total of basketball talk on the board?

There are several posters in baseball talks talking about how others don't know the game like they do.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

:lol:

So one poster's comments in one thread equal the sum total of basketball talk on the board?

There are several posters in baseball talks talking about how others don't know the game like they do.

Well, someone has to claim him, but I guess you make a fair point. I'll remember it next time you refer to Elmhurst Steve as "Cubs fans"...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:37 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

You're exactly right :D

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:50 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I never would have expected that a thread about the summer league would get past five posts.

Of course it would when LTG says it's good basketball :roll:

I'm out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next