It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Ron Wolfley wrote:
shakes wrote:
I was listening to NBA radio and one of the hosts was ripping Pax/Gar for how they acted during summer league. Its common for the teams to send the GM, coach, president, etc over to the broadcast booth during the games to have them sit down and talk about their team with the announcers while the game is going on. Bulls were the only team that refused to make anyone available for those segments. Host was saying how they Pax/Gar are the worst NBA people in the league in terms of giving interviews because they know how much they suck at their jobs and they don't want to get called out for all their shitty moves.

That host is wrong. I saw Fred give an interview during a game versus the Hawks. He talked for a while. Afterwards, went back to his seat with the wife and Paxson.

He was talking specifically about Pax/Gar. I should've been more specific about that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
shakes wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
shakes wrote:
I was listening to NBA radio and one of the hosts was ripping Pax/Gar for how they acted during summer league. Its common for the teams to send the GM, coach, president, etc over to the broadcast booth during the games to have them sit down and talk about their team with the announcers while the game is going on. Bulls were the only team that refused to make anyone available for those segments. Host was saying how they Pax/Gar are the worst NBA people in the league in terms of giving interviews because they know how much they suck at their jobs and they don't want to get called out for all their shitty moves.

That host is wrong. I saw Fred give an interview during a game versus the Hawks. He talked for a while. Afterwards, went back to his seat with the wife and Paxson.

He was talking specifically about Pax/Gar. I should've been more specific about that.

I seriously doubt most general managers were interviewed during these past summer league games. And unless it's Magic Johnson, no president is wasting their time with that. NBA TV and ESPN only want coaches and any veteran players visiting Vegas checking out their future teammates. Lavar Ball and Marc Cuban are exceptions.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:01 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
shakes wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
shakes wrote:

I seriously doubt most general managers were interviewed during these past summer league games. And unless it's Magic Johnson, no president is wasting their time with that. NBA TV and ESPN only want coaches and any veteran players visiting Vegas checking out their future teammates. Lavar Ball and Marc Cuban are exceptions.

In every game I watched, they had execs from each team on during the telecast. MANY GM's.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:26 pm 

shakes wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20091845/top-rookies-surprises-disappointments-2017-nba-summer-league

Article from a bunch of media members giving their impressions from Summer League. Not surprisingly, none of them have Tatum rated anywhere near Ball. Also, one guy even listed Tatum as a disappointment, commenting on his reliance solely on isolation and very difficult shots.

Making tough shots isn't exactly considered a weakness. Ball shot at least 6 airballs bricked more than that and somehow it was still the "greatest summer league performance in history". Is it surprising that someone from ESPN is lauding Balls performance. He also had by far the worst individual game of anyone inside the top ten picks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20091845/top-rookies-surprises-disappointments-2017-nba-summer-league

Article from a bunch of media members giving their impressions from Summer League. Not surprisingly, none of them have Tatum rated anywhere near Ball. Also, one guy even listed Tatum as a disappointment, commenting on his reliance solely on isolation and very difficult shots.

Making tough shots isn't exactly considered a weakness. Ball shot at least 6 airballs bricked more than that and somehow it was still the "greatest summer league performance in history". Is it surprising that someone from ESPN is lauding Balls performance. He also had by far the worst individual game of anyone inside the top ten picks.

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/246946/Lonzo-Balls-Court-Vision-Passes-The-Eye-Test

Another article by someone who obviously didn't read any of LTG's posts.

You keep harping on those airballs and the kid's very first game as a pro, let's see how much mileage you can get out of that nonsense.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
shakes wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
shakes wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
shakes wrote:

In every game I watched, they had execs from each team on during the telecast. MANY GM's.

wasn't every game but it was a lot of them.

Jason Kidd airballed shots in his debut too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:16 pm 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/246946/Lonzo-Balls-Court-Vision-Passes-The-Eye-Test

You keep harping on those airballs and the kid's very first game as a pro, let's see how much mileage you can get out of that nonsense.

Let's see. He had the worst single game performance of any of the top guys ducked the guy that average 30 against him in college and yet he dominated. I wonder what the opinion would be if it were a guy you didn't like.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:24 pm 

long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:

Let's see. He had the worst single game performance of any of the top guys ducked the guy that average 30 against him in college and yet he dominated. I wonder what the opinion would be if it were a guy you didn't like.

And also the single game greatest performance in SL history, but you seem to keep forgetting that and would rather focus on the kid's first game ever as a pro. With no mention of how greatly he improved as he got more comfortable.

I keep posting articles from people who agree that Lonzo was amazing and the best player in SL, still waiting for you to refute that with a source other than yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:29 pm 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:

And also the single game greatest performance in SL history, but you seem to keep forgetting that and would rather focus on the kid's first game ever as a pro. With no mention of how greatly he improved as he got more comfortable.

I keep posting articles from people who agree that Lonzo was amazing and the best player in SL, still waiting for you to refute that with a source other than yourself.

https://youtu.be/sz6PRZJd8XE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:34 pm 

long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:

https://youtu.be/sz6PRZJd8XE

is this a joke? That's your source? That's the best you can come up with, some dude in his basement making a youtube video ripping on Lonzo because he shot poorly in summer league and doesn't like JayZ?

Honestly, the best move you can make right now is to respond with this.....

Hey Shakes, you were right, I was wrong, but I still think he's going to be a bust well just because. But, rather than beat this point to death with no supporting evidence at all while you have a mountain of evidence in your favor how about I just STFU till the guy actually plays an NBA and then maybe I'll have a real reason to call him a bust instead of gay shit I just pulled out of my ass.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:52 pm 

Nope not going to happen. I don't need to find articles supporting what I think because they will be ignored or the source discredited. I watched with my own eyes and I provided statistical evidence to support my argument.

The fact is that he was overhyped and if he were so dominant then why did they win both games in which he didn't play?

There isn't a guy in the NBA that could shoot 38% from the field 23% from 3, avg 4-5 turnovers a game play shitty defense and people would think he was great. Not one. It's not an old school or new school argument it's a basketball fact.

Once the season starts the myriad of excuses will follow.

Last edited by long time guy on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:57 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nope not going to happen. I don't need to find articles supporting what I think because they will be ignored or the source discredited. I watched with my own eyes and I provided statistical evidence to support my argument.

The fact is that he was overhyped and if he were so dominant then why did they win both games in which he didn't play?

There isn't a guy in the NBA that could shoot 38% from the field 23% from 3, avg 4-5 turnovers a game play shitty defense and people would think he was great. Not one. It's not an old school or new school argument it's a basketball fact.

maybe start with finding 1 article that supports your position?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:01 pm 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

And the "he only had one terrible game" is bullshit too. In another game he shot 6 for 20 with 7 turnovers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

And the "he only had one terrible game" is bullshit too. In another game he shot 6 for 20 with 7 turnovers.

did he or did he not get better as the SL went on?

ANd that other terrible game also produced a triple double.

AND he still shot better than Steph Curry in SL!

Now, feel free to talk about how he also had the best game in SL history, the best SL in history and the only person in SL history to average more than 9 assists and only player in SL history to have a 30/10 game.

STill waiting for you to provide even one article that agrees with you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:17 pm 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Now, feel free to talk about how he also had the best game in SL history, the best SL in history and the only person in SL history to average more than 9 assists and only player in SL history to have a 30/10 game.

You can have a shitty game and still have a triple double. When I find that article I hope you respond to the points made in it.

Where is all of your evidence about the best Summer League in history by the way?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:25 pm 

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/07/18/nba-r ... sh-jackson

The comments regarding Ball are quite revealing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:48 pm 

long time guy wrote:
https://www.si.com/nba/2017/07/18/nba-rookies-summer-league-hype-lonzo-ball-jayson-tatum-josh-jackson

The comments regarding Ball are quite revealing.

really dude, an article praising Lonzo Ball, but with some people making negative comments in the comments section is your evidence? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:49 pm 

long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You can have a shitty game and still have a triple double. When I find that article I hope you respond to the points made in it.

Where is all of your evidence about the best Summer League in history by the way?

Are you purposely being this stupid?

My evidence? It's listed right above you post you dumbass!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:02 pm 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Are you purposely being this stupid?

My evidence? It's listed right above you post you dumbass!

Here is the problem with the Bullshit you're spewing and it also shows how inconsistent you are with this. You cavalierly dismiss the one awful game played by Ball while constantly referencing the one great game. He only had one game that was exceptional. The game where he shot 6 for 20 with 7 turnovers was a bad game triple double be damned. He also ducked his marquee matchup with Fox too and the game against Smith really was inconclusive because he left early. He had more assists but Smith scored more. He really didn't outplay him all that much if at all.

He won't play again until October and we will get a chance to see what he has then.

You also stated that his overall Sumner league performance was the greatest in history but when called on it you revert back to the one great game he had. That's bullshit. That wasn't your original point.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:06 pm 

You dumb fuck, go fuck yourself.

/end of discussion till october

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:31 am 

Lonzo Ball hasn't been on shit during his first 2 exhibition games. I will try and catch him tomorrow night but the first two performances have been fairly shitty.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:46 am 

long time guy wrote:
Lonzo Ball hasn't been on shit during his first 2 exhibition games. I will try and catch him tomorrow night but the first two performances have been fairly shitty.

FAKE NEWS.

Obviously you didn't watch either game and are just cherry picking box scores. Great way to evaluate talent.

I actually watched both games. He wasn't great game 1, but did finish with 8 assists and 7 boards.

Last night he was great in the first quarter where he got all his stats, but then rolled his ankle in the 2nd quarter and was basically done at that point. Played in the 2nd half just to try and keep the ankle loose. Overall he looked really good running the offense, however there were some turnovers which is to be expected from a rookie. Surprisingly he looked pretty good defensively which I didn't expect.

Just heard the head NBA writer for ESPN on the radio, he came away very impressed with Ball after attending the game last night.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:02 am 

I didn't watch but I did record it so i will check it out later today. The articles that i read stated that he wasn't all that impressive. Actually the other rookie Kuzma has looked better. He looked better during the summer too. I wouldn't put too much stock into ESPN analysis either. They are way too invested in the marketing of all things Ball to be objective about anything. I will get my analysis elsewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:20 am 

long time guy wrote:
I didn't watch but I did record it so i will check it out later today. The articles that i read stated that he wasn't all that impressive. Actually the other rookie Kuzma has looked better. He looked better during the summer too. I wouldn't put too much stock into ESPN analysis either. They are way too invested in the marketing of all things Ball to be objective about anything. I will get my analysis elsewhere.

Kuzma looked better in SL than the guy who won the SL MVP and had the most impressive SL of any player in SL recorded history.

HOT TAKE ALERT!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:23 am 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Kuzma looked better in SL than the guy who won the SL MVP and had the most impressive SL of any player in SL recorded history.

HOT TAKE ALERT!

Yeah he did and the MVP award was a product of the hype machine that I'm talking about. Ball hasn't looked all that good in either game according to observers other than myself. It's early obviously but you seem to be looking for silver linings no matter the circumstance.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:18 am 

Lonzo probably out the rest of pre-season with ankle sprain.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I'm comparing it to college basketball while you are comparing it to the NBA. Compared to college ball it is better. Once you get past the blueblood programs there is a lot of bad ball being played. The quality of the game is bad. Fringe NBA guys were still the best player on their college team in most cases.

You're saying it's a valuable thing to watch if you want to get an early opinion on a player. I'm disagreeing and saying your opinion won't mean anything because you're basing it off games that don't mean anything. I think the test I just laid out is a good one to see who is right. Nobody is talking about college in this scenario.

Vegas hasn't started. Once it's over I will have a much more informed opinion.

:lol:

Bump this whenever you want with your list

Why I most certainly will.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:09 am 

long time guy wrote:

Called this one early.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:15 am 

long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
The Bulls passing on Smith at least makes sense to me when you consider that Smith compares very favorably to Derrick Rose athletically and playstyle. And then when you realize that Smith has already missed a year o bball with a torn ACL I can understand why the Bulls would've been scared to pick him under the theory of "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, I won't get fooled again." Imagine the heat they would've taken if Smith blows out his knee in the next few years. Here we go again etc.

But, the Knicks passing on him to take some Frenchie who plays the same position? No excuse for that.

Markannen also looked like he will be a player too. He had 2 solid games and only one clunker. Valentine looked much better once Payne departed also.

And this one too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:17 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
a whole lotta hot garbage and the Bulls passed over Smith :roll:

Stick to the script. Summer League doesn't matter remember. That is until it does apparently

Many people has Smith as potentially the best player in the draft before Summer League. There seemed to be close to a concensus that he was the steal of the draft.

If Summer league means a lot why are you still so reluctant to admit you were wrong about Lonzo?

I still think he will be a bust. Some of the stuff from the summer league was hype related. He shot a terrible percentage from 3. Shot more airballs than anyone in the Summer League and his defense was porous. He passed the ball very well. I gave him credit for that. There are still holes in his game that need to be corrected before I'm ready to adjust what I said. thought. Of the three guys that I wanted to see him play against he caught a break against 2 and left injured against the 3rd. He played well against Smith but he also showed he couldn't guard him.

Have you come out and said you were wrong about Markannen?

Why would I say I was wrong about Markannen? He hasn't played a game yet. I think summer league is meaningless, you don't. That's obviously the difference.

Might want to think again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next